Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Cubsrule

RE: United Posts Hefty Q1 Loss

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Quoting UA444 (Reply 249):
Nissan moved out of So. Cal years ago and its' only a matter of time before Honda does now too.

Honda has already moved some folks out of California to Ohio

Link
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

airbazar

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:00 pm

I just flew UA for the first time in years, this past week, on vacation with my family. Route was BOS-IAH-CUN-IAH-BOS. On 3 out of 4 segments we were "upgraded" to Y+ because they couldn't seat us all together in Y. In one segment, IAH-BOS we were upgraded because the flight was full, but because of immigration delays the flight ended up leaving with lots of empty seats in Y and we still got our free upgrade to Y+.
So now I know how to get free upgrades to Y+ on UA: Don't pre-assign any seats and wait until the flight fills up. If this happened to us, non frequent flier types flying on the cheapest fares, it must certainly be happening to a lot of other people. Given what happened to us, I can't imagine that Y+ is generating a lot of revenue to the company. I wonder if the same is true of other airlines.
However I have to give kudos to all the staff that we delt with, from the check-in agents to the flight attendants. They were impeccable. Just the fact that they gave us all these upgrades to Y+ was awesome.

SonomaFlyer

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:26 pm

Quoting airbazar (Reply 251):

I just flew UA for the first time in years, this past week, on vacation with my family. Route was BOS-IAH-CUN-IAH-BOS. On 3 out of 4 segments we were "upgraded" to Y+ because they couldn't seat us all together in Y. In one segment, IAH-BOS we were upgraded because the flight was full, but because of immigration delays the flight ended up leaving with lots of empty seats in Y and we still got our free upgrade to Y+.
So now I know how to get free upgrades to Y+ on UA: Don't pre-assign any seats and wait until the flight fills up. If this happened to us, non frequent flier types flying on the cheapest fares, it must certainly be happening to a lot of other people. Given what happened to us, I can't imagine that Y+ is generating a lot of revenue to the company. I wonder if the same is true of other airlines.
However I have to give kudos to all the staff that we delt with, from the check-in agents to the flight attendants. They were impeccable. Just the fact that they gave us all these upgrades to Y+ was awesome.

I think the revenue they get on Y+ varies quite a bit. On longer domestic segments and on international ones, I'd suspect there are more folks who pay for it or have high enough status to qualify automatically. If I'm flying the family overnight to Europe from SFO and am on UA, I pay the extra $$ given the length of flight and the need to stretch out a bit.

Looking at the seating charts, they've devoted a large chunk of Economy for their Y+ seating. I'd have to assume they feel the extra income justifies pulling out some standard Y class seats.

ramprat74

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:51 pm

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 244):

Union employees are protected by their contracts, if you look in the org chart that is where the majority of the comments comes from. Most mgmt folks have these conversations with their managers instead. I understand for front line employees who often don't have someone to talk to about these things going to the boards though, it's their only place to vent.

The union "co-workers" are the ones working the front line day in and day out. We see what's going wrong with the new United. We try to tell management what's needed to fix the problem. It usually falls on deaf ears.

Just like when they took away the Ramp Leads loading the aircraft their way. Now a person behind a desk 2,000 miles away is telling the Ramp lead how to load the aircraft. The guy behind that desk doesn't know how many pieces of freight and how big they are to be loaded on the plane. All he sees on his screen is 1 cart of freight at 850lbs. We always had a system loading standard, transfer bags in one end, city in the other. That's thrown out the window these days. They don't care about the down line station that has to unload these planes. We use to bulk out planes with bags and mail. We never had a problem with weight problems. Now with the new LP system that came over from sCO side, we always have weight problems on these planes.

ozark1

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Quoting questions (Reply 180):
And bring the tulip tail back!!

I guess we should have figured out right then where this airline was headed! To delete that beautiful white and blue for that incredible yawn-provoking globe shows they really didn't have a clue.

CALTECH

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:34 pm

Quoting strfyr51 (Reply 192):
And after 4 years?? UNACCEPTABLE!!

After the failure of sUAL's ESOP, and all those years 1995-2005, 11 of them in total, were acceptable. Okay, you guys at sUAL weren't messed up at all during those years, sure. Another 'us against them' post.

http://library.corporate-ir.net/libr...680/items/306724/UAUA_2007_10k.pdf
You are here.

CALTECH

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:39 pm

Quoting ozark1 (Reply 254):
I guess we should have figured out right then where this airline was headed! To delete that beautiful white and blue for that incredible yawn-provoking globe shows they really didn't have a clue.

Yes because Delta rid themselves of the classic black nose widget livery and now has some sort of tilted Northwest compass pointer on the tail made all the difference. It is a pretty boring livery. Or American getting rid of their AA tails and putting a stylized flag, which is growing in likeability for me, made all the money. The livery decides profit or loss. Sure.

You are here.

IAHWorldflyer

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Flew a UAex flight on Saturday morning out of IAH. No coffee or juice aboard, only water, Is that a new change, or did catering at IAH just forget to load the plane?
This just goes to the meme that UA flyers never know what to expect when flying a United branded plane.

MaverickM11

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:01 pm

Quoting ozark1 (Reply 254):

Enough with the flippin tulip already. It was the brand of a carrier that was dead last in every stat for almost two decades. It was symbolic of the least on time network carrier in America. I couldn't care less what the planes are painted in, as long as they're all painted consistently. This tulip fixation is right up there with the delusion that bringing back Eastern will bring back the glory of excellent Eastern service that NEVER WAS.
I don't take responsibility at all

Rdh3e

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 258):
It was symbolic of the least on time network carrier in America.

To be fair, UA was the leading on-time airline in 2009, the year immediately prior to the merger (among UA/US/DL/AA/CO "global carriers" was how it was put)

MaverickM11

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 259):
To be fair, UA was the leading on-time airline in 2009, the year immediately prior to the merger (among UA/US/DL/AA/CO "global carriers" was how it was put)

For one year, give or take, and consumer complaints were still the highest in the industry. The tulip and Eastern hockey stick have a lot in common in that no one had anything nice to say about them until they were gone; then suddenly everyone came down with amnesia.

777ord

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Quoting EricR (Reply 216):
Quoting coairman (Reply 215):

Can someone tell me simply what is the source of UA's loss?

Flying airplanes filled with passengers. It sounds counterintuitive, but true.

Throw a dart at a dart board.. You'll find something.

Quoting Slider (Reply 237):
Whoa--there are well over 100 responses now...

People are pissed. Frankly, I'm amazed that employees are willing to pen their names to these comments. Speaks to the level of frustration out there. You can read the employees are just craving true leadership.

Currently at 115 comments from various employee's on our flying together site. You can tell there is passion in what they do, but the very top don't listen to the front line. We try to tell them whats wrong and they ignore it...

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 238):

Are you a UA employee? If so have taken a look at Skynet lately? Most months(including April so far) UA cant even reach its internal customer satisfaction promoter score!

have you read the comments we get? 80% of it is about our RJ service....

Quoting bgm (Reply 241):
I took several flights on pmCO aircraft, where the pilots and flight attendants still kept referring to the airline as Continental, not United. This is very unprofessional, but shows how divided the 2 sides are. IFE is a crapshoot, wifi hardly works. Took another flight will crew welcoming us aboard "legacy United".

You need to report that to customer service. Those pilots are NOT allowed to do that. I was deadheading the other week to pick up a trip out of EWR from IAH and the crew said "we'll be pulling into gate C like Continental 113...". Told the Captain at the end you can't.. He just looked at me like UHH? Say what???

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 244):
Union employees are protected by their contracts, if you look in the org chart that is where the majority of the comments comes from. Most mgmt folks have these conversations with their managers instead. I understand for front line employees who often don't have someone to talk to about these things going to the boards though, it's their only place to vent.

While they may be protected in a sense. they are not allowed to run wild. They can and should be able to vent. But, do it in a constructive way. company policy trumps any union rule.

Quoting ramprat74 (Reply 253):
The union "co-workers" are the ones working the front line day in and day out. We see what's going wrong with the new United. We try to tell management what's needed to fix the problem. It usually falls on deaf ears.

Managers hear you and WANT to fix it. It's the high floor guys who smile and nod.

Rdh3e

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:51 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 260):
For one year, give or take,

So did you forget that fact or were you intentionally misleading people? Because you said:

It was symbolic of the least on time network carrier in America

Which doesn't go along with the fact that UA was number one among peers and had turned things around operationally.

MaverickM11

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 262):
So did you forget that fact or were you intentionally misleading people? Because you said:

Nope; UA was still dead last for network carriers in DOT stats since 1987.

Rdh3e

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 263):
Nope; UA was still dead last for network carriers in DOT stats since 1987.

I am convinced that you are either a habitual liar, delusional, or both.

I've pulled the A:14 data for AA, CO, DL, NW, UA & US from 2003-2013.

Since 2003 which represents 11 full years of historical data, UA was number 1 in A:14 in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, & 2010. During this period UA finished last in A:14 exactly ZERO times. In 2012, UA beat AA, in 2013 UA beat AA (ie not last).

Don't even bother talking about 1987 because quite frankly that is not even close to relevant.

theDjinn

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:42 pm

Actually, I think (from my place on the front lines) that COairman is spot on!

It is in no small part a problem that stems from flying always full planes.

And here's some of why:

Early in the thread someone posted that when weather cancelled their flight, they called and were offered a flight 52 hours later, 6 hours before their scheduled return and completely negating the point of the journey.

And what did he do? He cancelled the itinerary - forcing UA to give him a FULL refund. Then he booked a trip on a competitor who mysteriously HAD seats despite the weather!! Hmm... funny, but I don't see a clear explanation for how that can be in the earnings call responses from the UA Corp Suite... do you?

That happens, day in, day out. When you run the system at full capacity ALL the time - you have ZERO margin for error - no way to recover from a mechanical cancellation except hotel rooms, meal vouchers and huge delays with their accompanying loss of future business - even when you follow the 120.20 rules and rebook those you can on other carriers. When it's deemed weather - you're even less likely to retain those passengers' future business.

Fundamentally - you need some slack in the system for two critical reasons - first, you have to be able to move passengers who have been disserviced by whatever inconvenience, and second, whether you like it or not, when you set your frontline up for daily abuse, you really need to provide them the opportunity to actually get on a plane when they opt to use those vanishingly rare flight benefits that are the only real reason remaining for doing what we do.

And if you in the C suite cannot sustain the profitibility of the airline itself with an 80-85% load factor, then guys, you're just plain doing it wrong. We are in no way going to ever be the Friendly Skies again until we can reliably say, "Oh dear, well, it looks like I can get you there today, and this is how...," at least 80-85% of the time, as opposed to our current 10-15% of the time.

At its core, it's time to take a really good hard look at whether the 757's need to exit as fast as they are, or could soldier on for a little longer, and whether there is a good way to keep and use the regional fleet to its fullest potential to be sure that the seats are there. Then, make it worth people occupying them. And finally - stop looking for cost savings on the front line - we are not the answer. Has management gotten as efficient as it needs to? Has it really? Does what happens upstairs serve the operation, the passenger, the employee? Or does it just perpetuate the structure? Isn't that in MBA 101?

I think I'm voting with our 1Ks - I think I'm looking for a new carrier to call home. No need to thank me for my ten years of dedicated service, no need to thank me for learning Apollo, FastAir, Shares, cargo, baggage, et al. Having been uprooted twice is all the thanks I need.

Good luck Untied! You're gonna need it!

MaverickM11

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 264):
I am convinced that you are either a habitual liar, delusional, or both.

Pick any year you want. UA is rarely in the top half except other than 2009-2010. While you're there, check out the consumer complaints and mishandles bags for some more of that tulip action.

http://www.dot.gov/airconsumer/air-travel-consumer-report-archive

Don't even bother talking about 1987 because quite frankly that is not even close to relevant.

Why not? A) it's a good way to measure a carrier over a broad amount of time and B) several other carriers that have been notoriously poor in terms of operations like AS and US have managed to move way up since then, consistently, rather than one year here and there.

[Edited 2014-04-29 10:09:57]

toxtethogrady

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:13 pm

"The cost of business in CA and the taxes is ridiculous. Nissan moved out of So. Cal years ago and its' only a matter of time before Honda does now too."

But the prospect of doing business with United probably kept them from considering Houston. it reminds me how Frank Lorenzo's airline was the reason Exxon Mobil moved its corporate headquarters to Irving when most of the operating divisions were in Houston. Even the Dallas Morning News said it was all about telephones and airplanes.

toxtethogrady

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:16 pm

Enough with the flippin tulip already.

Better yet, send the headquarters back to Houston and you can keep the tulip.

MaverickM11

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Quoting toxtethogrady (Reply 267):
it reminds me how Frank Lorenzo's airline was the reason Exxon Mobil moved its corporate headquarters to Irving when most of the operating divisions were in Houston.

Save the hockey stick! Bring back the glurry of Eastern!    

commavia

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Quoting toxtethogrady (Reply 267):
But the prospect of doing business with United probably kept them from considering Houston. it reminds me how Frank Lorenzo's airline was the reason Exxon Mobil moved its corporate headquarters to Irving when most of the operating divisions were in Houston. Even the Dallas Morning News said it was all about telephones and airplanes.

I doubt the hub airline in DFW vs HOU had much if any impact on the decision of where to move the headquarters.

The LA Times cited the head of Toyota North America as saying the primary drivers were "Central Time Zone location, proximity to airports serving all parts the U.S. and Japan, [...] cost of living, educational opportunities and cultural offerings." Personally, I think either AA in DFW or United in HOU could offer "proximity to airports serving all parts the U.S. and Japan" - so I don't see all that much difference there. (Whether they're saying it or not, I'm sure the business and tax climate was a major factor, too.)

In general I think the bottom line is that this move is going to have economic upside for North Texas and AA at DFW for sure but I don't think United had much if anything to do with.

MIflyer12

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:26 pm

Quoting theDjinn (Reply 265):
When you run the system at full capacity ALL the time - you have ZERO margin for error - no way to recover from a mechanical cancellation except hotel rooms, meal vouchers and huge delays with their accompanying loss of future business - even when you follow the 120.20 rules and rebook those you can on other carriers. When it's deemed weather - you're even less likely to retain those passengers' future business.

The current business model doesn't allow for much slack in the system. Idle assets earn no return. Frankly, short of government regulation (like keeping the last 10% of seats unsold until six hours before flight, or refunding cancelled flights + 100% penalty), carriers aren't going to do this.

Further, don't fool yourself that UA's IROPs recovery is bad uniquely because of load factors. DL has been running load factors a few points higher for much of the last three years.

Cubsrule

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Quoting commavia (Reply 270):
I doubt the hub airline in DFW vs HOU had much if any impact on the decision of where to move the headquarters.

More service is obviously better than less, but I doubt that air service was dispositive here. Note that Nissan--which probably is the most similar relocation to Toyota--relocated to Nashville, a city that makes a lot of sense given their footprint in the States but that is not a hub for any carrier except arguably WN. Or, look at the level of economic activity (including corporate headquarters) in cities like Austin or Raleigh.

I expect that poor air service likely would have taken places like SPS and SAF out of the running, but Toyota wasn't going to consider cities of that size anyway.

UA444

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:58 pm

He's the same guy who said UA did not serve Florida prior to the merger and that they had no planes on order in 2009. It's obvious he's got an axe to grind against UA.

And I second the consistent sentiments, Long live the tulip!

toxtethogrady

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Quoting commavia (Reply 270):
The LA Times cited the head of Toyota North America as saying the primary drivers were "Central Time Zone location, proximity to airports serving all parts the U.S. and Japan, [...] cost of living, educational opportunities and cultural offerings." Personally, I think either AA in DFW or United in HOU could offer "proximity to airports serving all parts the U.S. and Japan" - so I don't see all that much difference there.

Cost of living, cultural offerings, time zone - those things were a wash between DFW and Houston. The primary difference appears to have been better service to more of the country on mainline jets (and in the case of markets in the Midwest, nonstops versus changing planes)

CALTECH

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:47 pm

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 262):
Which doesn't go along with the fact that UA was number one among peers and had turned things around operationally.

But at what cost ? The airplanes were, let's just say, a bit worn. They weren't doing much. Morale was in the dumps. It wasn't looking good. United kept ranking at or near the bottom in rankings in customer service throughout the 2000s.

Since 2003 which represents 11 full years of historical data, UA was number 1 in A:14 in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, & 2010.

Three of those 5 years they lost massive amounts of money. The legacy United is dead, legacy Continental is dead, the new United needs a lot of work. The 'tulip' is dead thankfully. Some really bad stuff associated with that 'tulip'.
You are here.

Cubsrule

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Quoting toxtethogrady (Reply 274):
Cost of living, cultural offerings, time zone - those things were a wash between DFW and Houston. The primary difference appears to have been better service to more of the country on mainline jets (and in the case of markets in the Midwest, nonstops versus changing planes)

Believe it or not, Houston is not the center of the universe. Do you know that Houston was ever even in the running? Clearly, Toyota did not consider every city in the whole of the central time zone.

MaverickM11

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Quoting UA444 (Reply 273):

He's the same guy who said UA did not serve Florida prior to the merger and that they had no planes on order in 2009.

You missed the context then and you're missing it now.

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 275):
But at what cost ?

They parked about 80 737s in order to get that on time performance.

The legacy United is dead, legacy Continental is dead, the new United needs a lot of work. The 'tulip' is dead thankfully. Some really bad stuff associated with that 'tulip'.

UA444

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 277):
You missed the context then and you're missing it now

Uh, no. You blatantly said what I quoted above. Can't change the facts.

And it's hilarious, the constant downplaying you UA haters consistently do. First you say UA has been the worst since 1987 (and yet didn't post stats from that year, not that 27 freaking years ago is in any way relevant, but haters gon' hate), then when shown facts that their on-time performance was in fact MUCH better than you claim, resort to BS excuses "well they lost money that year and parked planes" blah blah blah. You have no legs to stand on.

And if UA's planes were such steaming piles of crap, then why is FX buying a bunch of the 757s? DL, AA, and US and I'm sure more of these so-called superior airlines have boat loads in the desert. Or is FX just run by idiots who are too stupid to see the superiority of everything CO does?

[Edited 2014-04-29 14:05:51]

MaverickM11

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Quoting UA444 (Reply 278):
Uh, no. You blatantly said what I quoted above. Can't change the facts.

Negative, but I realize I can't argue with the intellectual reasoning 'haters gon hate'. 
Or is FX just run by idiots who are too stupid to see the superiority of everything CO does?

I feel like there's a difference between FX' business and UA's but I can't quite put my finger on it. Gah. What could it be? This is hard 

Rdh3e

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:21 pm

But at what cost ?

I'm not making excuses or trying to re-write history. I know how things were and what they are. I'm just refuting Maverick's consistently factually incorrect and inflammatory statements with fact checking. He employs the same tactics as our terrible politicians: slander something while you can, when you get caught lying, just change the subject.

CALTECH

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:25 pm

And if UA's planes were such steaming piles of crap, then why is FX buying a bunch of the 757s? DL, AA, and US and I'm sure more of these so-called superior airlines have boat loads in the desert. Or is FX just run by idiots who are too stupid to see the superiority of everything CO does?

Here, let it be made clear for you. They were steaming piles. Lot's of the sUAL couldn't believe how clean sCAL interiors were compared to the sUAL ones. They are gutting the interiors and installing FedEx interiors. And heavy checks are due on them too.

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/images/uploaded-images/2008-3/16/11859.jpg

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 279):
Negative, but I realize I can't argue with the intellectual reasoning 'haters gon hate'.

He is definitely a CAL hater.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 279):
I feel like there's a difference between FX' business and UA's but I can't quite put my finger on it. Gah. What could it be? This is hard

Does cargo care how old and shabby a interior looks like ? Oh, FedEx just does panel interiors, without seats. That's right.

Quoting RDH3E (Reply 280):
I'm not making excuses or trying to re-write history. I know how things were and what they are. I'm just refuting Maverick's consistently factually incorrect and inflammatory statements with fact checking. He employs the same tactics as our terrible politicians: slander something while you can, when you get caught lying, just change the subject.

Okay. Maverick11 has some points that can not be refuted.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 282):
I said UA has had the worst on time performance since 1987 and that is true. I also acknowledge they were doing great in 2002/3 and 2010.

And when they were doing great 'opearations' wise, they lost money. The cost was too great. It was seen in MCOMX.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 282):
You didn't read/accept what it was in response to then and you won't now, so why bother? You honestly believe I think UA pulled out of MCO? Of course not. But you brought up the DEC09 order of course then as well, which I admit I was one month off, but I still maintain that from about 1999 through the first 11 months out of 2009, UA had nothing on order. But I look forward to you bringing that up every. single. time forever and ever amen.

Legacy Unite hadn't accepted a new airplane in a long time, the orders still haven't been filled that legacyUAL ordered. Has to be over a decade now.

You are here.

777ord

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:43 am

I don't care if you're UA or CO... Get over yourselves and work together. Or, go somewhere else.. While top down issues are obvious. So are the obnoxious and annoying "CO vs. UA" junk.

BCEaglesCO757

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:00 am

"You can make a pizza so cheap, no one will eat it."

- Gordon Bethune

The man wasn't lying when he said it.

ldvaviation

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:33 am

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 276):
Believe it or not, Houston is not the center of the universe. Do you know that Houston was ever even in the running? Clearly, Toyota did not consider every city in the whole of the central time zone.

According to the LA Times, the other candidates were Atlanta, Denver, and Charlotte.

[Edited 2014-04-29 18:33:39]

Cubsrule

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:07 am

Quoting LDVAviation (Reply 287):
According to the LA Times, the other candidates were Atlanta, Denver, and Charlotte.

I note the presence of a UA hub (along with another AA hub and a DL hub) on that list. Three of the four have service to TYO, and none has other service to Japan. I'd say air service wasn't a big driver of the choice here.

jetblueguy22

Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:58 am

As this thread has gotten long and turned into a debate about premerger airlines it will be locked to further posts.

All posts made after the lock will be removed for housekeeping purposes only.

Regards,
Pat
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos