Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

EA CO AS
Topic Author

AS Launches "I Am Alaska" Campaign

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:59 pm

AS has unveiled the new "I am Alaska" campaign across the entire company, rallying the troops to action. Similar to the old "Keep Delta My Delta" campaign, AS employees will be getting "I am Alaska" pins across the network today from the Leadership Team, but eventually these pins will be available to those customers who want to display their own "Alaska Spirit" as well.

I am Alaska

Look for AS employees sporting these pins and other associated collateral at any AS station starting today!

What do you airline aficionados think of the new campaign - great, a good start, or swing and a miss?

[Edited 2014-04-29 08:02:59]
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Triple7Lr

RE: AS Launches "I Am Alaska" Campaign

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Awesome idea!! But it makes me wonder if they're worried about the coming DL invasion. Its definitely a good way to boost morale.

hufftheweevil

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Thread starter):
What do you airline aficionados think of the new campaign - great, a good start, or swing and a miss?

Pretty much a copy of Delta's campaign. Check out the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-sxqRWRwkg

Interestingly, though, AS mentions Delta in the middle of their video. They flash a clip of a DL 767 landing and mention "It's easy for a bigger airline to see all this and think 'we can do that, too'". Then right after that they claim "the bigger airline" doesn't know what it's like to be Alaska or be in their shoes, which I think is just a silly claim.

However, it's not a bad campaign overall. I just think they could have been a little more original. Come on Alaska, what sets you apart?
Huff

surfdog75

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:22 pm

It would be much more effective if it came with a pay raise.  

Thomaas

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:23 pm

This is clearly a message to Delta saying that the war is on. Not very original but it'll rally the troops that's for sure.

PDXFlyBoy

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:24 pm

An awesome campaign! Good Job Alaska!

Transpac787

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:41 pm

With regard to the cost of the pins - luckily they won't have to make many of them, considering the amount of frontline jobs they've outsourced to contract vendor companies.   

B747forever

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:46 pm

Quoting Thomaas (Reply 4):
This is clearly a message to Delta saying that the war is on.

Couldnt be any clearer than the DL aircraft they use in the commercial.
Work Hard, Fly Right

Tomassjc

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:46 pm

Great job! Nice video with many smilng faces from the SJC team included.

Quoting surfdog75 (Reply 3):

Mine did!      
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward -Leonardo DaVinci

BigGSFO

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:28 pm

Well made and definitely a public posturing vs. Delta.

DeltaMD90

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:31 pm

I agree with the others, it is probably a response to DL. I think it's a good idea... DL has a wider network that is undoubtedly going to turn on some passengers but AS needs to remind everyone of their FF which I hear trumps DL (and just about everyone else in the US.) They are a good company and have much to be proud of. While I'm upset that DL and AS are growing apart, business is business... I think they'll ultimately coexist. They are both very powerful, well run carriers

azjubilee

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:48 pm

I see this more of a piece to instill company pride, not to thwart the efforts of (nobody it appears) another company making a hostile takeover. I also see this as being apart of the rebranding efforts that will occur in 2014. The "keep Delta my Delta" campaign came out of the hostile takeover attempt by USAirways. Unless there is something that AS mgmt know and the rest of us don't, I don't think the two catch phrases are comparable.

It's important for employees of a successful company to feel like they can rally around the same ideas, principles and even a catch phrase. It's equally important for an employee to know what makes their company special, unique and WHY they actually should be proud of who they are as a company. This will help the employee identify AS as a great place to work with great things to offer the flying public. I think the idea is great, the concept fresh, yet it's not a new concept for an airline and its employees to have a sort of battle cry. "I am Alaska" reminds me so much of the long used and well known catch phrase at Hawaiian Airlines "proud to be Hawaiian Airlines." It's a take on the often used phrase in Hawaii "proud to be Hawaiian" celebrating the Hawaiian race, it's rich heritage, it's beautiful contributions to society and the resurgence of knowing who you are, where you've been and where you're going as a people. The phrase is found all over the company, on t-shits, hats, banners, signs etc... It accomplishes everything "I am Alaska" is trying to convey.

The emotional dig against DL is odd and dare I say it, rather immature. This is a business after all, not the school playground. DL is free to build SEA into something they feel fits their business model. Funny how Alaska is reacting to DL coming to play on their turf, a city with a long history at DL (NWA prior to the merger), where there's a large existing customer base. Their feathers are ruffled and this is their battle cry.

DocLightning

Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Quoting azjubilee (Reply 11):
I also see this as being apart of the rebranding efforts that will occur in 2014.

Yeah, about that...we're already well into 2Q2014. I wanna see the new brand!   
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

MesaFlyGuy

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 12):
Yeah, about that...we're already well into 2Q2014. I wanna see the new brand!

I don't!   I love the Alaska scheme as while I know that the new brand will look awesome, I also don't want to lose the one I've grown to love.  
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

Thomaas

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 pm

The emotional dig against DL is odd and dare I say it, rather immature. This is a business after all, not the school playground. DL is free to build SEA into something they feel fits their business model. Funny how Alaska is reacting to DL coming to play on their turf, a city with a long history at DL (NWA prior to the merger), where there's a large existing customer base. Their feathers are ruffled and this is their battle cry.

I think that the problem really isn't about Delta establishing a presence in Seattle but rather the way they did it. Back when they signed the new agreement and brought a 747 to Seattle, they most certainly already had a plan to take over the Seattle market. Anyone that says that they started their own flights because Alaska wouldn't provide enough feed is wrong IMO simply because Delta would have not signed an agreement without doing its research and implementing terms that gave it the feed it needed. It's not like airlines just decide at random what routes to start, there is a lot of planning that goes into it. Delta simply negotiated in bad faith and only wanted the Alaska name to straighten its presence in a market where its partner enjoys a yield premium and a large FF base.

DocLightning

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Look for AS employees sporting these pins and other associated collateral at any AS station starting today!

I notice..."Alaska" is in a new font. I wonder if that will be the new corporate font.

Quoting B747forever (Reply 7):
Couldnt be any clearer than the DL aircraft they use in the commercial.

Which was the only black-and-white scene (other than the brief historical clip, by necessity) in the entire spot.

Very classic move: paint your rival in black and white; make them look "colorless." For example, in the Star Wars films, ever notice how the Empire was always in black, white, and shades of grey, while the Rebels were always in various colors?

Yes, this was very clearly directed at DL. The only thing I take issue with is that they suggest that DL is trying to be "as good as" AS. But on that front, DL is doing quite well for itself. I'm aware that DL is trying to sweep the rug out from under AS's feet, but AS needs to stay focused on the positive.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

SWADawg

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:18 pm

......Linky no worky.....
My posts are my opinion only and do not reflect the views of Southwest Airlines

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:35 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 16):

I notice..."Alaska" is in a new font. I wonder if that will be the new corporate font.

Mayyyyyyyybe.....  

All I know is it was hinted that this campaign incorporates some elements of what the new branding may look like. Draw from that what you will. Another point is that you'll notice it simply says "Alaska" instead of "Alaska Airlines" and again that's supposedly a potential piece of the new branding.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

roseflyer

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Quoting surfdog75 (Reply 3):

At least they get those profit sharing checks. Those help morale!
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

DocLightning

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:39 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 18):
All I know is it was hinted that this campaign incorporates some elements of what the new branding may look like.

The current "jagged cursive" is really dated and not friendly to non-native English speakers. I'll be glad to see it go.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

BoeingGuy

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 21):
The current "jagged cursive" is really dated and not friendly to non-native English speakers. I'll be glad to see it go.

I really like it. I think it's classic, just like AA's 40 year livery is. Some things just don't need to change.

b747400erf

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:49 pm

If they wear the pin do they get a share of the oil revenue handouts? They are Alaskan after all.

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 21):

And I'll mourn its loss. It has been a part of my daily life for over two decades and I think it's timeless. But I understand the need to change.

usdcaguy

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 pm

If they were such a proud airline, why did AS file a lawsuit against the city of Sea-Tac to keep paying under the newly established minimum wage? If they were such a proud airline, why did AS outsource ramp work at their home airport to Menzies? What an irritating little video.

hiflyeras

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:23 am

Quoting usdcaguy (Reply 25):
If they were such a proud airline, why did AS file a lawsuit against the city of Sea-Tac to keep paying under the newly established minimum wage? If they were such a proud airline, why did AS outsource ramp work at their home airport to Menzies?

Working for AS for nearly 30 years, I truly feel that 'I am Alaska'. This company has been very good to me but we've been through some rough times and some sad times as well as the good. It is very much a family...something special...and I think it shows in the way we treat our customers. We're proud of what we've become despite the obstacles and tragedies of the past...to become one of the most-admired airlines in the world. I'm proud to say "I am Alaska'.

asteriskceo

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:31 am

Is this supposed to appeal to the 5 non-contract employees that work there?

deltal1011man

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:35 am

So innovative.... maybe they should try "Keep climbing" or "We love to fly and it shows" next.  

Did AS outsource its marketing dept. to menzies too?

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:22 am

Quoting asteriskceo (Reply 28):

Is this supposed to appeal to the 5 non-contract employees that work there?

It's for 13,000 Alaska Air Group employees. We've included vendor partners in this campaign as well and those customers who wish to participate are absolutely welcome and encouraged to do so.

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:55 am

Quoting Deltal1011man (Reply 29):
So innovative....

Like trying a SEA hub?  

B737900

Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:59 am

Quoting HiFlyerAS (Reply 27):
Working for AS for nearly 30 years

And I have been flying with Alaska Airlines for 40 years and I could not agree with you more. There is truly an esprit-de-cour surrounding this great airline. I moved to Sitka in 1975 and arrived on a 727-200 and vividly remember breaking through the clouds to see Sitka. What a sight. Fly AS always. Yes, "I Am Alaska". End of story!

[Edited 2014-04-29 19:00:51]
Sounds like a Beaver on floats..........we're saved!!

ASFlyer

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:01 am

Quoting usdcaguy (Reply 25):
If they were such a proud airline, why did AS file a lawsuit against the city of Sea-Tac to keep paying under the newly established minimum wage? If they were such a proud airline, why did AS outsource ramp work at their home airport to Menzies? What an irritating little video.

What's irritating to me is you bringing this up at every opportunity. AS was not the only organization to take part in that lawsuit. The Menzies thing was a long time ago. Regardless of your thoughts on that, Alaska's product as far as baggage service goes is better than most other airlines, Menzies not withstanding.

MSYtristar

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:04 am

Nice job, AS. I like it. I'm sure it will be a morale booster.

On a related front, I'm looking forward to flying AS exclusively from now on whenever I have to go to the Pacific NW or Alaska.

ASFlyer

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:04 am

Quoting Deltal1011man (Reply 29):
So innovative.... maybe they should try "Keep climbing" or "We love to fly and it shows" next.

Or Delta leadership coming to Alaska and asking for them to teach them how to run an on time operation, then taking the new knowledge back to your airline. That's innovative.

United1

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:15 am

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 35):
Or Delta leadership coming to Alaska and asking for them to teach them how to run an on time operation, then taking the new knowledge back to your airline. That's innovative.

Perhaps DL should have paid better attention...  

Trailing 12 months from BTS...

AS 86.9
DL 82.55
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

deltal1011man

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:24 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 31):
Like trying a SEA hub?

hmm, how many longhaul flight to Asia and Europe is on AS metal out of SEA again?

Oh thats right. None.

But yes, Delta is copying United's operation at SFO. Not really sure what that has to do with AS.

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 35):
Or Delta leadership coming to Alaska and asking for them to teach them how to run an on time operation, then taking the new knowledge back to your airline.

yes, clearly Delta is the stupid party here.    
Quoting United1 (Reply 36):
Perhaps DL should have paid better attention...

700+ mainline, 1000+ when including DCI. Two major hubs in NYC...... Its not really hard to see why.

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 33):
The Menzies thing was a long time ago.

So that is the best you have for all the effected workers? If your going to talk about how great AS is, you should also be able to handle the bad.

Thomaas

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:47 am

Quoting Deltal1011man (Reply 37):
Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 33):
The Menzies thing was a long time ago.

So that is the best you have for all the effected workers? If your going to talk about how great AS is, you should also be able to handle the bad.

Yet even with Menzies, the airline continually surpasses Delta in terms of customer satisfaction and on-time arrivals. Funny how come people spin things around ...

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:16 am

Quoting Deltal1011man (Reply 34):
Two major hubs in NYC......

Neither of which is expected to be profitable until sometime in Q3. Heckuva job, Brownie.

hiflyeras

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:22 am

Quoting Deltal1011man (Reply 26):

Haters gonna hate...just walking away, knowing that DL played AS for everything they could, including studying the operation to learn how to run an on-time airline. That phony press conference that paraded out AS as a 'partner'. Yeah, I get it....it's a business and big corporations do what they gotta do to survive. But AS is playing this just right. Deltalina is some back-stabbing Heather from Atlanta that everyone knows is one of the mean girls. Can't wait for the happy ending for AS when they put her in her place.

deltal1011man

Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:22 am

Quoting Thomaas (Reply 35):

Ah yes, because AS and DL are comparable

I mean, yes DL mainline is 5x larger than AS so logically they should be able to post the same results as AS.  

And the fact that DL does more ramp work in house than anyone is pretty sad honestly.

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 36):

I'm searching for a point other than your trying VERY hard to start some kind of pissing contest.

Quoting HiFlyerAS (Reply 37):

The first part of your post....again, all see from any of that is AS's management failed. Not anyone's fault but their own.

The second part, I am not a 15 year old girl so I don't really know just what in the heck your talking about but....cool story I guess.

ASFlyer

Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:42 am

Quoting Deltal1011man (Reply 38):
Ah yes, because AS and DL are comparable

I mean, yes DL mainline is 5x larger than AS so logically they should be able to post the same results as AS.

And the fact that DL does more ramp work in house than anyone is pretty sad honestly.

So basically, you're saying that Delta can't run an on time operation because they're so big? That makes no sense at all. If they were able to match Alaska's on time record it would still be allowing for a significant number more late departures/arrivals. They just haven't been able to do it. I guess bigger isn't always better.

mayor

Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:43 am

Similar to the old "Keep Delta My Delta" campaign,

Hardly similar. DL's was a grass roots campaign by the employees (much like the Spirit of Delta) in response to the hostile takeover try by US Airways during DL's bankruptcy

The "keep Delta my Delta" campaign came out of the hostile takeover attempt by USAirways. Unless there is something that AS mgmt know and the rest of us don't, I don't think the two catch phrases are comparable.

Exactly

Funny how Alaska is reacting to DL coming to play on their turf, a city with a long history at DL (NWA prior to the merger),

DL was there on their own metal since 1980......don't forget about Western, also.

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 39):
So basically, you're saying that Delta can't run an on time operation because they're so big? That makes no sense at all. If they were able to match Alaska's on time record it would still be allowing for a significant number more late departures/arrivals. They just haven't been able to do it. I guess bigger isn't always better.

No, he's saying that it's much, much more difficult if you're larger. I'm surprised you hadn't figured that out. Comparing performance from operations between DL and AS is like comparing AS to Great Lakes.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

deltal1011man

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:05 am

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 39):

Wow.
No. I'm saying an airline that has 700+ airplanes, 7 US hubs(well 8 soon) and 3 International hubs and 80,000 plus employees is just not going to compare with an airline that is 5 to 6 times smaller than they are.
It simply isn't apples to apples.

We all know it, but it simply doesn't fit into making Delta this evil, crappy airline and that AS is the poor, little, great airline.

Quoting mayor (Reply 40):

Mayor you stop with all that logic now.  

PlanesNTrains

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:10 am

1. The font at the end is reminiscent of the font they used before the current one, though I'm sure it's not the same.
2. I don't think they "needed" to reference Delta, but it is clearly due to the Delta expansion in Seattle.
3. How can anyone badmouth Deltalina?  

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

ASFlyer

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:16 am

Hardly similar. DL's was a grass roots campaign by the employees (much like the Spirit of Delta) in response to the hostile takeover try by US Airways during DL's bankruptcy

While, in theory, it may have been a "grassroots" campaign, it was professionally put together and managed by Ketchum on behalf of Delta. Not quite the simple "grassroots" campaign you may like us to believe. http://www.ketchum.com/keep-delta-my-delta http://www.holmesreport.com/casestud...mpaign-to-Keep-Delta-My-Delta.aspx That said, I don't think the two campaigns are the same - except that they both attempt to highlight the ownership that employees and customers take in the airline they consider "theirs".

DL was there on their own metal since 1980......don't forget about Western, also.

Delta's presence in Seattle grew dramatically through the Northwest merger. While they have had a presence in Seattle since 1980, it hasn't been significant.

No, he's saying that it's much, much more difficult if you're larger. I'm surprised you hadn't figured that out. Comparing performance from operations between DL and AS is like comparing AS to Great Lakes.

How is it so much more difficult to maintain a similar on time percentage? What's to figure out? Now if you were to say that Delta had a harder time earlier this year due to harsh weather conditions at their largest hub I could understand that. Simply to say that a larger airline is just more prone to a lousy on time record, I'm sorry, I don't buy it. It doesn't have to be that way. It just is.

ASFlyer

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:26 am

Quoting Deltal1011man (Reply 41):
Wow.
No. I'm saying an airline that has 700+ airplanes, 7 US hubs(well 8 soon) and 3 International hubs and 80,000 plus employees is just not going to compare with an airline that is 5 to 6 times smaller than they are.
It simply isn't apples to apples.

We all know it, but it simply doesn't fit into making Delta this evil, crappy airline and that AS is the poor, little, great airline.

Whatever. You're the only one that keeps going on about DL being evil and AS being this poor, put upon little airline. I have never said that. That said, nobody has faced an airline of Delta's size in the past because they just didn't exist. Even Delta from 15 years ago would have a difficult time competing against an airline with the size and means of Delta today. Consolidation has allowed the scenario we see today. I believe that Alaska will rise to the challenge. Delta simply doesn't have what Alaska has. As far as the on time thing, If being so large means you can't run an efficient, on time operation then why would your customers want to fly on you? Yeah, you can get anywhere, just not on time? Lousy excuse to blame it on the idea that it's a bigger operation. Delta has more resources available to keep them on time too. Extra planes, more employees, more ways to reroute passengers.

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:27 am

Quote:

Similar to the old "Keep Delta My Delta" campaign,

Hardly similar. DL's was a grass roots campaign by the employees

Where do you think this idea sprouted from?

deltal1011man

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:37 am

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 44):

Your wanting something said that I didn't think should be said.
I figured you would gather that part of being bigger means things like dealing with the weather in places like NYC and ATL this winter.
Delta probably has more flights in ATL and NYC than AS has period, and all of those flights had issues AS had to deal with on only a few flights. That's the point of being a larger more global airline. Sure, it is percentage but the big 3 are going to have to deal with way more issues yearly than AS. So yes, being a larger more diverse airline makes it hard because they have to deal with anything all over the world, AS's biggest worry is SEA. (And you don't hear about many bad WX days in Seattle)

And with all of that Delta is 4 points behind AS. Honestly your fooling yourself if you don't think Delta is one of the best operational ran airlines.

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 43):

Uh no. I have said time and time again, AS and DL will coexist in SEA. It's you AS fanboys that seem to point toward how big bad Delta is.
Example....

Quoting HiFlyerAS (Reply 37):
Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 32):

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:47 am

Quoting Deltal1011man (Reply 46):
Uh no. I have said time and time again, AS and DL will coexist in SEA.

Not when DL wants 300 flights by 2017; there's not enough demand in the market for that amount of lift on top of what AS/QX already provides. Someone's going to have to blink first - this isn't a battle to a stalemate; someone will be a winner and someone will be a loser.

Thing is, for DL being a loser means trying again somewhere else. Losing at SEA for AS means you're out of business.

Now can you understand why AS employees are rallying and taking this threat for what it is - a threat to the very existence of the company and their jobs?

PlanesNTrains

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:48 am

Delta simply doesn't have what Alaska has.

I think you really have to be careful making statements like this because it's only one person's opinion. While I like Alaska and have no desire to see them vanish, I'm also aware that there are plenty of employees that are less than happy about some things and would probably not be opposed out of hand to a Delta takeover (were that to come). This can be operational items, service items, treatment by supervisors, etc.

Now, none of that is unique to Alaska, but I just stop short of saying that they are all that different from Delta.

Yeah, you can get anywhere, just not on time? Lousy excuse to blame it on the idea that it's a bigger operation. Delta has more resources available to keep them on time too. Extra planes, more employees, more ways to reroute passengers.

The way I see it, Delta has more places to be affected by weather, but Alaska has the majority of it's eggs in the Seattle basket. Delta can get hit hard at DTW but has options to reroute passengers, and overall it isn't a huge percentage impact. For AS, if SEA goes down the vast majority of their network is down. Read: Huge percentage. It all depends on which goose is being cooked where that day.

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

DeltaMD90

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 47):
someone will be a winner and someone will be a loser.

False dichotomy. There aren't only 2 options (DL getting 300 flights and AS dying out/pulling out of SEA or DL not getting 300 flights, pulling out and AS dominating SEA.) DL might get 250 and AS shrink a bit*, DL might only get 200 and AS remain about the same*, etc. There are plenty of scenarios where neither side wins (or loses, depending how you look at it.) It's not like DL's only option is to get 300 flights or dehub and gtfo

*I just made these numbers up so please don't nitpick, I know these may not be sustainable