mountainwest90

RE: Phoenix/Arizona Aviation Thread Part 10

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:40 pm

Quoting BA744PHX (Reply 149):
Hey everyone, I just ran into this article from last year stating LAN could be interested in serving PHX. I personally doubt this would happen, not much traffic heading to either LIM or S.A., from Brookings there is 47 PDEW to S.A.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11915...ings-qatar-airlines-to-philly.html
Global alliance politics will likely result in additional re-positioning by airlines as the merger gains expected approval and begins to take shape. Oneworld CEO Bruce Ashby has said that all three US Airways hubs -- Charlotte, Philadelphia and Phoenix -- present attractive options for various Oneworld members, particularly British Airways, Iberia and LAN. In particular, he said that LAN, which has its busiest hub in Lima, could be interested in serving Phoenix, which offers connections to 65 domestic destinations.

I, as well, would find this doubtful unless they had a narrowbody with the range to make it. It would be a good addition mostly based on connections though. NRT is more likely then this though.

I'm a guy who thinks NRT will happen sooner rather than later. With incentives from the City of Phoenix I could see JL starting this route and then if it isn't profitable and doesn't survive then so be it. If DL was willing to give it a go from SLC then I think there needs to be a carrier that tries it from PHX.

PHX787

Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:17 pm

Quoting MountainWest90 (Reply 150):
NRT is more likely then this though.

I'm a guy who thinks NRT will happen sooner rather than later. With incentives from the City of Phoenix I could see JL starting this route and then if it isn't profitable and doesn't survive then so be it. If DL was willing to give it a go from SLC then I think there needs to be a carrier that tries it from PHX.

JL will be the most likely contender here.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

PHX787

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:36 am

Anyone know if the BA flight will remain a 744 during the winter?

PHX Flyer

Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:04 am

Yes, the 747 remains, however First Class will be suspendeduntil summer 2015. The First Class action will be marketed as Business Class.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes forever skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." -Leonardo Da Vinci

atcsundevil

Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:16 am

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 152):
Anyone know if the BA flight will remain a 744 during the winter?

Its been a 744 year-round for a very long time -- why would it be any different this winter? I don't think its been a 777 for about a decade, right? Its been all 744 for the seven years I've been here at the very least.

Have they suspended marketing F in the past? That doesn't seem like the best idea. At the very least, you might sell a few and you can op-up as needed. The cost of F service can't be that much higher than J to warrant suspending the service but still having the seats. If they really aren't marketing F, I can't say I understand that rationale.

Quoting aztrainer (Reply 147):
USAF is calling for the A-10 to be retired by 2015 and be replaced by F-16 and F-15E's. While the 16 and 15E can drop the weapons, as for close air support, I would prefer an A-10 all day long. While it may not be "Sexy" it does it job and it does it job very well.

Seriously? BASTARDS! I hadn't read this, but now I'm sorry I have! I absolutely love the A-10. It is the definition of "badass". I can't understand how an F-15E or F-16 can even remotely fulfill its CAS capabilities. The A-10 is totally unmatched in that aspect, but I suppose when we're no longer at war, the need for its capabilities are no longer necessary. It's flirted with the chopping block on and off for 25 years, so if this really is its time to leave, I'll be truly sad to see it go. It just seems wrong to dump it when I feel it still has a place, but I guess that's why no one cares what I think.

treebeard787

Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:27 am

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 154):
Its been a 744 year-round for a very long time -- why would it be any different this winter? I don't think its been a 777 for about a decade, right? Its been all 744 for the seven years I've been here at the very least.

Have they suspended marketing F in the past? That doesn't seem like the best idea. At the very least, you might sell a few and you can op-up as needed. The cost of F service can't be that much higher than J to warrant suspending the service but still having the seats. If they really aren't marketing F, I can't say I understand that rationale.

It was a 772 from late 2002 to mid 2004, the same time that LH had their flight here. They reverted back to a 744 right after LH pulled the plug.

They are suspending the sale of F seats temporarily while they work on installing the new F cabin in other aircraft. The 744s that will operate to PHX will have the old F seats fitted, and those seats won't be sold unless all the J class seats are sold out first, at which time the old F seats will be made available at J class prices.

[Edited 2014-08-16 18:28:59]
Allons-y!

PSAjet17

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:31 am

I can't understand how an F-15E or F-16 can even remotely fulfill its CAS capabilities.

"The Air Force wants to replace both the A-10 and the F-16 with the new F-35."

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.o...rForceInventoryReachesEndGame.aspx

PHX787

Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:32 am

Since when are you in Germany? lol

Quoting PHX+Flyer" class="quote" target="_blank">PHX Flyer (Reply 153):
Yes, the 747 remains, however First Class will be suspendeduntil summer 2015. The First Class action will be marketed as Business Class.
Quoting treebeard787 (Reply 155):
They are suspending the sale of F seats temporarily while they work on installing the new F cabin in other aircraft. The 744s that will operate to PHX will have the old F seats fitted, and those seats won't be sold unless all the J class seats are sold out first, at which time the old F seats will be made available at J class prices.

I see, that's pretty interesting....

Osubuckeyes

Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:40 pm

Flew in last night about 7:30pm. Very dramatic scene as the storms rolled in from the South and East forming a horseshoe around the airport. Massive departure queue on the South side of the airport. Anyone hear of any interesting diversions?

777STL

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 158):
Flew in last night about 7:30pm. Very dramatic scene as the storms rolled in from the South and East forming a horseshoe around the airport. Massive departure queue on the South side of the airport. Anyone hear of any interesting diversions?

I didn't see anything when I landed at 10:00PM or so.
PHX based

PHX787

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Anyone hear of any interesting diversions?

Just some guys doing donuts and some went to TUS from what I know

Maverick623

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Anyone hear of any interesting diversions?

Only one US diversion, to LAS.

Massive departure queue on the South side of the airport.

There was only one open route in and out of the airport, and it was being used for arrivals (as it should be). BA waited 45 minutes for a takeoff clearance, and only got one because of a good sport who slowed it down and did a few S-turns.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

dlramp4life

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Looks like DL will be sending the E175 to PHX operated by compass for some LAX flights starting in November.

bjorn14

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Just curious, what do locals call AZA?
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

treebeard787

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 163):

I personally just call it Gateway, but I know some people still call it Williams as well.
Allons-y!

travaz

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 pm

I call it "Willie" from the Air Force days

PHX787

Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:36 am

Anyone go out to see the AA 757 diverted to PHX due to a bomb call in?

Sony USA prez on board, en route DFW-SAN. Also related to why I couldn't access PSN all day   

Stupid DDoSers can suck a huge one.

Quoting treebeard787 (Reply 164):
I personally just call it Gateway, but I know some people still call it Williams as well.

I call it MesaGateway

hz747300

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:02 am

I'd say Gateway, but it's never come up in conversation, so I cannot really say.

Quick question, if I check in with Alaska at PHX, to YVR, via SEA, on a separate itinerary connecting to AC to HKG in YVR, would AS check the bags all the way through? It was crazy if I booked it as one itinerary, but booking it separate allowed me to save a few $$$. I terminal 2.
Keep on truckin'...

atcsundevil

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 am

Quoting treebeard787 (Reply 155):
It was a 772 from late 2002 to mid 2004, the same time that LH had their flight here. They reverted back to a 744 right after LH pulled the plug.

Ok, I thought it was about a decade. Given their increase in frequency as well as what I have seen/heard, I assumed their premium loads were quite good. I have even heard that yields are pretty good considering the market, too. I understand if the rationale is the transition to the new product, but it's rare to find an airline consciously forego potential F revenue. If they're using PHX as part of that transition, then I guess that means the premium yields aren't actually so good here, or at least compared to other BA 744 stations.

I was hoping to take that flight in F sometime this winter so I can spend some Avios -- I've accrued well over a half million because the damn things are hard to spend. That and I've never been able to get over the ridiculous fuel surcharge, but I need to bite the bullet burn them at some point. If the new F product is guaranteed to be on the PHX route after the winter, then I'll definitely wait until then...the uncertainty on the product is another reason I had previously held back. I wasn't about to spend a bunch of money and miles to get an old, dilapidated seat!

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 157):
Since when are you in Germany? lol

Just briefly. I am German but I mainly changed it to support Germany in the World Cup. That win was kind of a big deal for me  
Just curious, what do locals call IWA / KIWA), USA - Arizona">AZA?

Your question has pretty much been answered above, but I'll add that the vast majority simply call it "Gateway" or "Gateway Airport", just as PHX is referred to as "Sky Harbor". Some people do call it "Phoenix-Mesa", although it's rare that I hear that. Apart from Gateway, I more often hear it referred to as "Williams Gateway" or "Willie", particularly by former USAF or locals who have been here for long enough.

All also add that most of us don't refer to it as AZA though! I pretty much insist on calling it IWA since that's the FAAID (and because I'm stubborn), and nearly all pilots and most people on here are the same. The only places I ever see it referred to as AZA are people on a.net who aren't from here, and of course luggage tags.

[Edited 2014-08-25 04:17:49]
Edited because my dog ate my HTML abilities

[Edited 2014-08-25 04:19:54]

777STL

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:18 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 168):
I was hoping to take that flight in F sometime this winter so I can spend some Avios -- I've accrued well over a half million because the damn things are hard to spend. That and I've never been able to get over the ridiculous fuel surcharge, but I need to bite the bullet burn them at some point. If the new F product is guaranteed to be on the PHX route after the winter, then I'll definitely wait until then...the uncertainty on the product is another reason I had previously held back. I wasn't about to spend a bunch of money and miles to get an old, dilapidated seat!

Between me and my gf, we have about 225k of them burning a hole in our pockets. As far as I can tell, the best way to use them is on a carrier other than BA, which is ironic. We'll probably use them on AA metal across the pond or EI metal from Boston to Shannon, which is apparently a stupendous way to use them. The nice thing about BA's program is that redemption amounts are based on flight distance, so you can find some great values at shorter distances, e.g. BOS-SNN.
PHX based

INFINITI329

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 167):
Quick question, if I check in with Alaska at PHX, to YVR, via SEA, on a separate itinerary connecting to AC to HKG in YVR, would AS check the bags all the way through? It was crazy if I booked it as one itinerary, but booking it separate allowed me to save a few $$$. I terminal 2.

AS will only check it as far as 1st itinerary takes you which YVR. Bag tags are connected to your PNR, so if that specific PNR doesn't list HKG as the last stop they cant check it there.

dinker225

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:06 pm

Quoting infiniti329 (Reply 170):

AS will only check it as far as 1st itinerary takes you which YVR. Bag tags are connected to your PNR, so if that specific PNR doesn't list HKG as the last stop they cant check it there.

I flew AS ANC-SEA connecting to EK SEA-DXB-BKK. They were 2 seperate itineraries and AS was able to check the bags all the way to DXB
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

atcsundevil

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:18 pm

Quoting 777stl (Reply 169):
Between me and my gf, we have about 225k of them burning a hole in our pockets. As far as I can tell, the best way to use them is on a carrier other than BA, which is ironic. We'll probably use them on AA metal across the pond or EI metal from Boston to Shannon, which is apparently a stupendous way to use them. The nice thing about BA's program is that redemption amounts are based on flight distance, so you can find some great values at shorter distances, e.g. BOS-SNN.

Nice, I'll have to check out some more of my options then. I was thinking I'd take a look at JFK-LCY, but their website makes looking for open F or J space a hell of a lot of work...much more difficult than UA. Thanks for the advice though! Do you know if AA or QF not charge for the fuel surcharge like BA does? I'd love to use them on QF, particularly if I can save some cash.

Quoting dinker225 (Reply 171):
I flew AS ANC-SEA connecting to EK SEA-DXB-BKK. They were 2 seperate itineraries and AS was able to check the bags all the way to DXB

I'm almost positive AS interlines with EK, which I think was a big part of them operating the SEA flight to begin with. They don't interline with AC -- they primarily cooperate with oneWorld members.

dinker225

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:09 am

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 172):
I'm almost positive AS interlines with EK, which I think was a big part of them operating the SEA flight to begin with. They don't interline with AC -- they primarily cooperate with oneWorld members.

Interlining has nothing to do with it. I used to work for UA and there was a way to manually enter additional flights for baggage connection. Working on the ramp I also saw many bags with routings so long they needed 2 or sometimes more bag tags just to get all the connections. There was a bag runner dedicated to other airline connections who drove around to every airline on the field taking bags. Each airline did it. Its possible, just requires an agent who knows what they are doing and are willing to take the time.
Two rules in aviation, don't hit anything and don't run out of gas, cause if you run out of gas yer gonna hit something.

phxtravelboy

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:37 am

Quoting dinker225 (Reply 173):
Interlining has nothing to do with it.

Interlining has everything to do with it. The ability to aceept flights or luggage from one airline to another is called interlining.

hz747300

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:19 am

Quoting infiniti329 (Reply 170):
AS will only check it as far as 1st itinerary takes you which YVR.
Quoting phxtravelboy (Reply 174):
Interlining has everything to do with it.

I'll check there when I am at the airport, I'll get there a little early. 6am flight, and we are coming from Safford most likely, the wife will hate me, but will be too groggy to do anything about it. Probably won't even go to sleep the night before. I keep waiting for Great Lakes or someone to launch a SAD flight to PHX flight, or Frontier to restart the route  

I did check on the internet site for AC, and it lists AS as an interline agreed carrier. It appears that they have 50 or so interline agreements.

This past January, for my grandma's funeral, we were scheduled to be in SFO for a wedding, but last minute had to book an add-on SFO-PHX. The cheapest was UA ($562pp on a CRJ2 each way!), and at check-in in PHX T2, the wonderful Emily asked if SFO was our final destination. We said, no, it was HKG, but on CX. She went to her computer, and checked the bags all the way through in minutes. The only catch was we had to show our claim tags when we checked in at SFO, but that was no problem.
Keep on truckin'...

atcsundevil

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Interlining has nothing to do with it. I used to work for UA and there was a way to manually enter additional flights for baggage connection. Working on the ramp I also saw many bags with routings so long they needed 2 or sometimes more bag tags just to get all the connections. There was a bag runner dedicated to other airline connections who drove around to every airline on the field taking bags. Each airline did it. Its possible, just requires an agent who knows what they are doing and are willing to take the time.

Ehmmm...

Quoting Wikipedia:
Interlining (also known as "interline ticketing") is a voluntary commercial agreement between individual airlines to handle passengers traveling on itineraries that require multiple airlines.

You might be thinking of codesharing, which is totally different and would have nothing to do with this. Codesharing would make another airline a close family member, whereas interlining sort of makes them a distant relative. Many airlines interline with each other -- including direct competitors -- because it provides mutual benefit in a number of scenarios.

As it relates to this particular situation, I am not sure if AS interlines with AC. I don't believe they do, but I don't pretend to be an expert. As always, it never hurts to ask on check-in. If it can be done, great; if not, then it requires some additional effort. Provided there's a comfortable connection time, then there should be nothing to worry about.

hz747300

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:58 pm

This is the page I am referring to: http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/codeshare.html

In the middle, there is a link for Interline Partners, Alaska shows up in its appropriate alphabetical place. I'll ask for certain. I may even post a trip report!
Keep on truckin'...

Maverick623

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:00 pm

When an otherwise competent airline employee can't even distinguish between codesharing and interlining, you know that it just needs to be banned.  
Its possible, just requires an agent who knows what they are doing and are willing to take the time.

Bingo. If they know how to, great. If they don't, oh well. Especially with the myriad of baggage fees, some airlines actually prohibit the practice, and some will refuse to accept tagged interline luggage if they notice it hasn't been properly paid for.

777STL

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 178):
Especially with the myriad of baggage fees, some airlines actually prohibit the practice, and some will refuse to accept tagged interline luggage if they notice it hasn't been properly paid for.

HA is well known for this. Too many people were interlining off other airlines' flights to HA flights and weren't paying the baggage fees. So, HA as a policy, discontinued accepting interlined bags that weren't properly paid for.
PHX based

dinker225

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:45 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 178):
When an otherwise competent airline employee can't even distinguish between codesharing and interlining, you know that it just needs to be banned.  

Was thinking code share as I read it. Interline was incorrect. All my experience behind the scenes was 8 or more years ago before all the airlines jumped on the paid baggage bandwagon. I can see how that would have changed the airlines desire to do it very often.

PHX787

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:22 pm

F9 adding CVG-PHX. Not like I care because I'll never fly it, but I gotta wonder- is PHX still important for F9? Or is this just F9's change of focus away from DEN?

atcsundevil

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:20 pm

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 181):
F9 adding CVG-PHX. Not like I care because I'll never fly it, but I gotta wonder- is PHX still important for F9? Or is this just F9's change of focus away from DEN?

It's a definite strategy shift by the new owners and management. Their focus on CLE, IAD, and now CVG is actually quite smart, in my opinion. There's no lack of price sensitive travelers from these cities, so there is a huge amount of potential business to exploit. CLE obviously because it has been de-hubbed, CVG since it has been effectively de-hubbed, and IAD since UA hasn't seemed to give a crap about it in years. DEN has turned into a relative bloodbath between UA, WN, and NK, and with F9 in that mix, there isn't much room for guaranteed growth potential. Shifting elsewhere but still operating from a relative mainstay like PHX where they're a recognized brand is smart.

Like you, I wouldn't fly them either, but it's mostly because I choose not to fly LCCs (apart from B6), and because I can't think of a reason I'd ever have to willingly travel to Ohio. Having said that, of course that doesn't mean that there aren't a bunch of other people who would fly in our stead. These new folks at F9 seem pretty sharp -- a hell of a lot more so than the previous set -- so I'm fairly confident that if they've chosen to add this route, they're fairly confident that there's a market gap to exploit.

chrisair

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 182):
and because I can't think of a reason I'd ever have to willingly travel to Ohio

Greater's ice cream is about the only thing worth going to Ohio for...

hz747300

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:05 am

According to Wikipedia, F9 is adding Chicago too. Not sure what they are offering above the existing services to Deep Dish Pizza, though the service should be popular with Mesa.

Looks like some of the dates for the seasonal routes at springing up too. I didn't realise it, but we'll be flying on the Rouge YVR-PHX route just after it starts for the season.

The only non-Canada international route change I see is Hermosillo is being dropped as of yesterday.

Back to Airplane Repo!
Keep on truckin'...

allegiantflyer

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:34 am

http://www.azcentral.com/story/nowde...rways-center-in--phoenix/15003321/

Pretty disappointing story just came out, cant say i'm too surprised though, I will admit however to looking forward to some sort of American Airlines __(Synonym for Arena because they already have 2)__ . But I guess we cant get everything we want. I guess I'm just upset that the Center wont be named after an Airline for the first time in 22 years.

777STL

Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:14 am

That doesn't surprise me. AA already has two venues named after it and they did the same thing after they acquired TW as well.
PHX based

hondah35

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:26 am

Has anyone else noticed that the concourses at T4 (especially low and high A) are becoming obscenely crowded around the hub banks? God forbid you get off of a flight and have to connect because many times there are zero empty chairs.

I'm tired of feeling like I am traveling through a zoo. If Doug Parker wants to cram that many people into those cramped concourses, OK, but I am moving my business to UA at T2.

treebeard787

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:33 am

Quoting hondah35 (Reply 187):
Has anyone else noticed that the concourses at T4 (especially low and high A) are becoming obscenely crowded around the hub banks? God forbid you get off of a flight and have to connect because many times there are zero empty chairs.

I'm tired of feeling like I am traveling through a zoo. If Doug Parker wants to cram that many people into those cramped concourses, OK, but I am moving my business to UA at T2.

Yes, because a crowded terminal is the airlines fault...

Unless you are only traveling to one of UA's hubs, I fail to see how they will be any better for you.
Allons-y!

Maverick623

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the concourses at T4 (especially low and high A) are becoming obscenely crowded around the hub banks?

You can thank the huge influx of A321s, which now make up the largest fleet at PMUS. 37 more seats per plane than the A320s, with 14 gates per concourse (the high As will often have 8-A321s/757s during the peak banks), with today's record load factors....

Quoting treebeard787 (Reply 188):
Yes, because a crowded terminal is the airlines fault...

In this case, it partly is. T-4 was originally designed around 733 and 320-sized aircraft, back when a 70% load factor was heavy.

aztrainer

Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 189):
You can thank the huge influx of A321s, which now make up the largest fleet at PMUS. 37 more seats per plane than the A320s, with 14 gates per concourse (the high As will often have 8-A321s/757s during the peak banks), with today's record load factors....

Agree, the last couple of times that I went spotting and stopped by the US/AA side of T-4 you can now see 757 in the interior isles. remember when the 757 would only be on the ends of the concourses. One side was A-321, A-321, 757, A320, A-321, 757.

Quoting AllegiantFlyer (Reply 185):
Pretty disappointing story just came out, cant say i'm too surprised though, I will admit however to looking forward to some sort of American Airlines __(Synonym for Arena because they already have 2)__ . But I guess we cant get everything we want. I guess I'm just upset that the Center wont be named after an Airline for the first time in 22 years.

Not surprised at all. This is not the worst thing that could happen............I would put good money on Go Daddy as the new name. Things always change.....Heck, I still call Chase Field BOB from time to time.

777STL

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 172):
Do you know if AA or QF not charge for the fuel surcharge like BA does? I'd love to use them on QF, particularly if I can save some cash.

I apologize, I never responded to this. AA does not charge the surcharge, but IIRC, QF does.

Ehh, doesn't really bother me. Then again, I've also got a club membership so I'm largely ignorant to it too. I have noticed it's a pain in the ass to get a seat at the Four Peaks by the high A gates during peak times though.

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 189):

Indeed. The far entire side of the high A concourse is usually all A321.
PHX based

wn676

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Quoting aztrainer (Reply 190):
Agree, the last couple of times that I went spotting and stopped by the US/AA side of T-4 you can now see 757 in the interior isles. remember when the 757 would only be on the ends of the concourses. One side was A-321, A-321, 757, A320, A-321, 757.

It's been more common for them to gate the 757s lower down the alleys at A6/B6 though it does place some strain on gate availability by shutting down A8/B8; prior to the restriping a few years ago it was very rare to see them down that far even though there were alternate lead-in lines for them. I believe A10/B10 are also striped for 757s (and A321s) but from what I recall the adjacent jetways would have to be swung out of the way.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

PHX787

Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:46 pm

Anyone have any updates on the Skytrain expansion to T3?

Maverick623

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 193):
Anyone have any updates on the Skytrain expansion to T3?

Nightly shutdowns from 10PM-5AM continue through the end of October. Latest word from a Bombardier guy that monitors the train is that it should be open in January.

Osubuckeyes

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:22 pm

F9 now adding PHX-SFO/SLC/IAH to add to their recent adds of ORD and CLE. They now have a nice little operation out of PHX serving DEN, CLE, ORD, SFO, SLC, CVG, and IAH. They may need another gate soon!

Also the opening fares are pretty solid out of PHX to those cities. I saw as low as $19 o/w to SFO, but availability was very limited.

[Edited 2014-09-17 14:03:35]

Osubuckeyes

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Starting 11/20

PHX-SFO F9 1055 5:25pm-6:30pm
SFO-PHX F9 1054 10:10AM-1:05PM
PHX-SLC F9 1052 1:20PM-3:20PM
SLC-PHX F9 1053 3:05PM-4:45PM
PHX-IAH F9 1050 3:05PM-6:40PM
IAH-PHX F9 1051 1:45PM-3:40PM

should bring prices down a bit. If you look at MSP, ORD, DFW, DEN, and CLE competition from NK and F9 has brought prices down a whole bunch. Last week I got PHX-MSP round trip for $120 on US. Got PHX-DEN for $80 earlier this year on WN. Now if they would start SAN or LAS that would be great.

mariner

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 195):
Also the opening fares are pretty solid out of PHX to those cities. I saw as low as $19 o/w to SFO, but availability was very limited.

And mostly gone:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/trave...sale-new-flights-phoenix/15764715/

"Frontier fare sale on new flights from Phoenix

UPDATE: As of noon Phoenix time, the $19 fares are mostly gone. Travelers can find them only on a handful of dates.

Travelers who didn't nab a rock-bottom fare might find better availability — and a broader range of travel dates — at $49 one way for Salt Lake City and San Francisco and $69 one way for Houston."

mariner
aeternum nauta

wn676

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Looks like US will be bringing the A332s back in November. Flights are scheduled to operate on 11/08, 11/15, and 11/29. Nice to see daylight turns this time around instead of the redeyes:

US408 PHL 06:50 PHX 10:15
US1803 PHX 11:55 PHL 18:15
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

PHX787

Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 198):
Looks like US will be bringing the A332s back in November. Flights are scheduled to operate on 11/08, 11/15, and 11/29. Nice to see daylight turns this time around instead of the redeyes:

I wonder what for. Is it the same reason why DL brings the 763 in November?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos