Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seahawk

RE: Lufthansa Might Revise Outstanding Aircraft Orders

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:37 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 46):
The realities is that you have to do the cruelties at the beginning of a legilstature. Those anti-anythings have a short Memory. The Frustration of those who do watch the wrong decisions which are made on populistic and therefpore false basics is lasting the whole legislature.

The reality is that no politician cares about the greater good, they care about the next election and the next opinion-poll. Do you think Al-Wazir does not know what he does to DE and LH if he enforces new operating limits on FRA. Do you think Remmel does not know the potential DUS has? But the people who vote for their parties do support these moves or at least do not care, so the politicians do it.

stratacruiser

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Quoting kl911 (Reply 19):
There's excess capacity of premium seats. Ask anybody at LH what their "paid F" load factor is - and the amount of real estate this cabin takes up on their intercontinental services. 80-92J on a 747-8 and almost 100J on an A380 is really incredible - and probably excessive

My annecdotal experience over the past twelve months shows the same....on several TATL flights using BOS, SFO, MUC and FRA I've been able to to get same day space available upgrades to J using UA certificates, and have been able to confirm J class "saver" award travel for as many as four passengers on the same flight, mostly during the summer season. In some cases the planes have flown with empty J seats....I never see this on UA intercontinental flights.

Dave

PanHAM

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Quoting seahawk (Reply 50):
Do you think Al-Wazir does not know what he does to DE and LH if he enforces new operating limits on FRA. Do you think Remmel does not know the potential DUS

I am not sure if he knows anything about aviation, but if he does, he does not give a damn. He's a leftist greenie who wants to cut air traffoic anyhow, if he could, he would force LH to cut out domestic Feeders. Luckily we are in the EU and there is no domestic anymore, we have single market flights and the Airline cannot be discriminated at.

But These guys are anti Business and they want to guide the masses "for the better good". They should be kicked into jail for that.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

Prost

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:37 pm

I really don't understand stock markets. Lufthansa's warning on a downward revision of profits (not loss mind you) has negatively affected the stock of all US carriers these past two days. I can see that the US carriers also face challenges, amd increasing competition from the Gulf carriers, but the challenges the US carriers face are different than the European big three. From my perspective, the markets here in the US are being reactionary.

I can really see the challenging position the European carriers are facing with increased competition, some of their most lucrative international routes being picked off by new connecting traffic flows in the Gulf, and labor laws that restrict some of their flexibility. I hope that the airlines, employees, and all interested parties (governments and citizens) can work together to ensure sustainability and viability. My fear is what happened in the US with cut after cut.

KarelXWB
Topic Author

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:35 am

Quoting prost (Reply 53):
I really don't understand stock markets. Lufthansa's warning on a downward revision of profits (not loss mind you) has negatively affected the stock of all US carriers these past two days.

Not just US carriers, it triggered a negative effect on many European stock markets as well.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

tommy1808

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:44 am

Quoting prost (Reply 53):
I really don't understand stock markets. Lufthansa's warning on a downward revision of profits (not loss mind you) has negatively affected the stock of all US carriers these past two days. I can see that the US carriers also face challenges, amd increasing competition from the Gulf carriers, but the challenges the US carriers face are different than the European big three. From my perspective, the markets here in the US are being reactionary

Simple: Lufthansa points out that TATL is one of the problematic areas of business at the moment. Lufthansa TATL is done in a joint venture with AC and UA. So it TATL underperformes for LH, it also does for UA. If margins are under pressure for one US airline, it seems likely that they are also under pressure for all other US airlines in that market, some people will take some time to mull over stock purchases before committing, demand drops temporarily.. and hence the prices.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos