VS4ever
Topic Author

Man Sues BA For Sending Him To Grenada

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:53 pm

http://time.com/2912187/man-sues-bri...him-to-grenada-instead-of-granada/

I haven't seen this posted, if it has, feel free to delete the thread.

Well, apparently our loveable friends at BA, sent this guy to Grenada in the wonderful Caribbean, instead of Granada in Spain...and now he wants to sue for over 3x the ticket price. First Class too...

I will leave it to the a.net experts to figure out how this horrible travesty could have occured, but to be honest there are worse places to be sent to in the wrong direction. I can certainly think of a few...
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

raffik

RE: Man Sues BA For Sending Him To Grenada

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Well, that is an awkward situation!
When I book flights I usually take a look at the email confirmation etc. This guy should have spotted something was a miss? Stepping onboard a wide bodied airliner for what is a very short flight?
Even so, BA should have reimbursed him the cost of the flight and any accrued cost. If he had made it clear he wanted to go to Granada in Spain and somebody mistakenly booked him to the wrong destination then it is the airline's fault.
- Alec

uberflieger

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Quoting VS4ever (Thread starter):
BA sent this guy to Grenada in the wonderful Caribbean, instead of Granada in Spain

Seriously though, I don't believe he ever boarded the flight to Grenada, they just sold him the wrong passage. Can you say s l o w news day  

bjorn14

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda, I ain't in Camp Granada..... 

Seriously, was the guy deaf, dumb and blind? Did he not see the destination at the boarding gate, did he not hear the welcome aboard announcement..".Non stop service to Grenada". Was he a non native English speaker?

Sounds to me like he wanted a free trip to the Caribbean.

[Edited 2014-06-24 09:44:27]

[Edited 2014-06-24 09:45:59]
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

817Dreamliiner

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:28 pm

Honestly, This guy is mostly at fault. I actually agree with BA refusing to pay up (of course im probably in the minority here). But of course im not say BA arent at fault as well. Yes they made the mistake, but this had numerous opportunities to notice the mistake and didn't. Firstly, he should have noticed it on the e-ticket (and the price he paid as well), Secondly, he should have noticed it at check in, and he should have noticed it when boarding! I mean how can you miss something like that???
I'll wake from the dream, To keep and relive, Now life it is a dream, And dream's on a... BREAK!

PI4EVER

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:31 pm

The key will be to determine who this "booking agent" was. A reservations agent with BA or a travel agent? No verbal recap of flight itinerary, pricing, or followup in hard-copy form? No suspicion that fare was very expensive? No previous fare quotes or flight schedule review to suggest something not correct before money spent? I suspect someone else was involved in making the arrangements and the good Doctor was not involved in the booking process if at all. If BA determined this was handled by a travel agent or other booking company, they will not assume financial responsibility beyond transport back to the point of origin. .
watch what you want. you may get it.

Tomassjc

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:45 pm

"But Shana, they bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say...."

I see this a few times a year here in San Jose, California. Customers had actually boarded a flight and arrived in SJC, instead of San Jose del Cabo. Mexico (most cases) or San Jose, Costa Rica (a few times) or even once a very lost Finnish couple, arrived in what they thought to be San Juan. Most mistakes are booked by the passenger.

And then there's the "Auckland" Oakland" story from long ago.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward -Leonardo DaVinci

bmacleod

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:45 pm

I wonder; does he really have a chance with his suit against BA?

It's happened before, to a British couple who actually wished they booked a flight with BA instead of LH.

They wanted to fly to SYD through LH via FRA. However because AC code-shares with LH, somehow they ended up in YQY.

[Edited 2014-06-24 09:51:04]
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

alfa164

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:02 pm

Quoting Tomassjc (Reply 6):
I see this a few times a year here in San Jose, California. Customers had actually boarded a flight and arrived in SJC, instead of San Jose del Cabo. Mexico (most cases) or San Jose, Costa Rica (a few times) or even once a very lost Finnish couple, arrived in what they thought to be San Juan. Most mistakes are booked by the passenger.

About 5 years ago, I was at the Atlanta airport International Service desk, when a (distraught) couple next to me tried to explain their situation. They spoke only Portuguese, and there was no Portuguese agent there, so I offered to translate.

They were newlyweds, on their honeymoon, and had come to visit a relative in the USA. They were supposed to go to Columbus, Ohio, but when they arrived in ATL and went to their designated gate, they saw that the flight went to Columbus, Georgia. These were young kids - probably no older than 21 - and they were panic-stricken. The ticket had been issued by a Brazilian travel agent - there was clearly no fault on the part of the airline - and I was sure they were looking at a hefty fee that was beyond their means to pay.

The Delta agent behind the counter listened calmly, went to work on her keyboard, and the ticket machine spat out a fresh set of boarding passes. "Tell them we hope that have a wonderful visit in the USA", was all she said, and asked me to direct them to the proper gate for their new flight - to Ohio.

Needless to say, I was impressed; that was true "customer service". I am sure they will tell their friends, family, and everyone they meet. I know I do.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

triley1057

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Not as serious but the other day I was at Houston Hobby Airport and a person asked the information desk where the United check in counters were...

Ummm about 40 miles to the north at IAH.  

Baexecutive

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:24 pm

BA don't even fly to Granada!

BA Cityflyer operate this route from LCY at a tenth of the price of a ticket to the Caribbean.

Why should the airline compensate this guy for his own stupidity and lack of awareness.

If this joker even made it to the gate oblivious to every other sign, the big blue screen would have said 'St Lucia and Grenada' followed by several gate calls.....one would of thought an American dentist would have some kind of reasonable intelligence.

alfa164

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Quoting baexecutive (Reply 10):

Then they probably shouldn't have sold him a ticket to go there...

Yeah, I know... they didn't sell him a ticket to go there. He asked for a ticket to go there, but he got a ticket to Grenada instead.

.....one would of thought an American dentist would have some kind of reasonable intelligence.

Yeah, let's start the American-bashing now. He wasn't just any dentist; he was an American dentist! That makes everything his fault!    I guess no one should expect a BA reservations agent to have "some kind of reasonable intelligence"...

blueflyer

Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:49 pm

I think how this case is treated ought to depend on the type of traveler he is. I would be far more lenient towards a once-a-year/one-in-a-lifetime type traveler who booked directly with BA than with a regular flier. The former could rightfully assume that the booking has been handled correctly, while the latter ought to know to check itinerary, boarding passes, gate information or on-board greetings; missing one is understandable, missing all of them isn't.

If this joker even made it to the gate oblivious to every other sign, the big blue screen would have said 'St Lucia and Grenada' followed by several gate calls.....one would of thought an American dentist would have some kind of reasonable intelligence.

To be fair, even seasoned fliers can miss obvious boarding instructions under the right conditions. It has happened to me and my colleagues. I know several airports like the back of my hand, have top tier in a couple of frequent flier programs, and that hasn't stopped me from sitting at a gate area waiting to board a flight even though the gate was otherwise deserted, the flight was going to the right airport but was scheduled to take off hours earlier than mine, and there was a giant red Cancelled on the monitor. Sheer exhaustion is to blame, but had it not happened to me, I'd wonder how regular fliers could make such mistakes.
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic

PacNWjet

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:04 pm

This is similar to the situation discussed here on Airliners.net a couple of years ago about the couple who booked Emirates or Etihad (I don't remember which) with an intended destination of Dakar but ended up going to Dacca.

SCQ83

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:15 pm

BA Cityflyer operate this route from LCY at a tenth of the price of a ticket to the Caribbean.

BA sells US-LHR,LCY-GRX on their website in one ticket, in addition to connections with Iberia/Air Nostrum via MAD.

bennett123

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:15 pm

Clearly if you book a ticket to Grenada, then BA will fly you to Grenada.

Surprised he did not query either the cost or duration of the flight.

aa1818

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Quoting alfa164 (Reply 11):
Yeah, let's start the American-bashing now. He wasn't just any dentist; he was an American dentist! That makes everything his fault! I guess no one should expect a BA reservations agent to have "some kind of reasonable intelligence"...

In fairness, I don't see it as American bashing at all.

Firstly, the fare alone should have caused him to question where he was booked to.
I recall a friend in ORD on the phone with a reservations agent to book a flight to London, all I heard was his reply: "excuse me? I don't want to buy the plane to London, I just want a seat". After a bit of too-ing and fro-ing, he got his ticket to London, Ontario instead of London England. His problem was he said London International (
Secondly, the Boarding pass would have the information required to figure out where you're going. In this day and age I always double check my boarding pass- correct name (they've given me someone elses boarding pass more than once of persons with similar names to mine), ensure my FF# is in there etc.

Finally, the screens in the airport to check the gate or the screens at the gate. Surely that would tip someone off that there's a problem.

Even if one is the most oblivious traveller in the world, what about the purser or captain announcement of the 9 hours flight to Grenada via St. Lucia and sunny Caribbean temperatures, arrival time etc.

To top it off- Americans (and i'm very sorry to generalize, but its true) constantly make the mistake and call Grenada, Granada. Since Raegan invaded Grenada, he called it Granada and Americans have persisted.

I do hope he gets to visit Granada, Spain one day, but I have little sympathy for the American Dentist who should be a little more clued in when travelling.

AA1818

[Edited 2014-06-24 11:21:27]
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

Bongodog1964

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:35 pm

The big question is who the flight was booked with, from the quote "I made it clear to the booking agent" I suspect there's a 3rd party involved here as very few people booking direct with any airline these days will ever speak to an agent, we just do it online. The other question is why didn't the cost of the ticket give him a clue, if however he did book through an agent he may well have just seen a total for a series of flights.

PlymSpotter

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:43 pm

This is actually surprisingly common, I believe there have been at least a dozen instances of the mix-up with these two destinations. Here is another one from last year:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-24705723

Dan  
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

bobnwa

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 pm

hances are this guy booked the trip himself on the internet and it is totally his mistake

[email protected]

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 13):
This is similar to the situation discussed here on Airliners.net a couple of years ago about the couple who booked Emirates or Etihad (I don't remember which) with an intended destination of Dakar but ended up going to Dacca.

It was on Turkish connecting via Istanbul (IST) ...couple ended up in Dakha (DAC), Bangladesh!  
They too had made the booking over telephone.

max550

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Quoting uberflieger (Reply 2):
Seriously though, I don't believe he ever boarded the flight to Grenada, they just sold him the wrong passage. Can you say s l o w news day
Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 17):
The big question is who the flight was booked with, from the quote "I made it clear to the booking agent" I suspect there's a 3rd party involved here as very few people booking direct with any airline these days will ever speak to an agent, we just do it online. The other question is why didn't the cost of the ticket give him a clue, if however he did book through an agent he may well have just seen a total for a series of flights.

According to this article he both landed in Grenada and booked the ticket through a "British Airways ticket agent over the phone".
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/trav...ing-grenada-rather-granada-n138026

fallap

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Please, the man is a dentist. The price of a first class ticket is a drop in the ocean for him  

But if the mans intentions were to see islamic arts, then I can truly understand his dissapointment.

Next story, Aeroflot sends man to St. Petersburg in Florida.
Ex grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M
Now studying Political Science

uberflieger

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:08 pm

Quoting max550 (Reply 21):
both landed in Grenada

That's absolutely hilarious. I am not even going to try to figure out who's at fault, obviously both sides don't believe they were  

DTWPurserBoy

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:47 pm

I had a Chinese passenger that boarded at JFK enroute to HKG with a stop in NRT. Japanese customs makes everyone deplane and go through a security check before they continue onwards. Somehow the guy wound up on the same airplane going BACK to JFK. About 8 hours into the flight he asked "Shouldn't we be landing in HKG by now?" The flight attendant gave him a puzzled look and said "Sir, this flight is going to New York." He started howling and carrying on demanding that we turn around and head straight to HKG. Not gonna happen.

People were always confusing Rochester, Minnesota with Rochester, NY--the dead giveaway was the number of wheel chair requests since the Mayo Clinic is in Minnesota.
Qualified on Concorde/B707/B720/B727/B737/B747/B757/B767/B777/DC-8/DC-9/DC-10/A319/A320/A330/MD-88-90

ghYHZ

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 pm

And at Halifax......you really have to listen to announcements. You may have Air Canada, Westjet and Porter departing to St. John’s YYT......or Air Canada Express to Saint John YSJ.......and the flights departing close enough to one another you may have passengers at adjacent gates.

[Edited 2014-06-24 15:05:59]

uberflieger

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:26 pm

Quoting DTWPurserBoy (Reply 24):
the dead giveaway was the number of wheel chair requests

That's hilarious 
While I can see the mishap if it is booked wrong from the start, just like with the guy flying to Grenada, what I can't get into my head is with today's automated readers at the gate nobody should be on a flight they weren't booked to begin with, or 2 people getting on the plane and having the same seat.

sandyb123

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:42 pm

I can actually believe this happened and the pax is not at fault.

The article states he made the booking by phone as part of a multi-stop including a flight from Spain to the US. The agent should really have picked up on that.

However, $4,500 on a European 2 hour flight!? Even in F (which doesn't exist on BA short haul) that is steep.

Quoting uberflieger (Reply 26):
While I can see the mishap if it is booked wrong from the start, just like with the guy flying to Grenada, what I can't get into my head is with today's automated readers at the gate nobody should be on a flight they weren't booked to begin with, or 2 people getting on the plane and having the same seat.

Yes, but he was on the 'right' flight so the gate wouldn't have refused him. And if the gate sign just said Greneda, well I can see why he boarded happily.

Quoting raffik (Reply 1):
This guy should have spotted something was a miss? Stepping onboard a wide bodied airliner for what is a very short flight?

that might figure if you're familiar with the airline or route, but this guy was from the US. How would he have known? That's like saying to me that I should have known that SIN-BKK is a particular size of aircraft (and I've flown this route on a 734 and 773).

Sandyb123
Member of the mile high club

philvardon

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:50 pm

To be fair to both the Dentist and the putative BA agent - this may partly be due to accent/pronunciation problems.
I'm not sure how someone from the US would pronounce the destinations. However, in the UK we generally differentiate between them by saying 'Grah-nah-da' for the Spanish city and 'Greh-nay-dah' for the Caribbean destination.
On the telephone, in a different accent, the two may sound identical and be easily confused....

uberflieger

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Quoting sandyb123 (Reply 27):
Yes, but he was on the 'right' flight so the gate wouldn't have refused him
Quoting sandyb123 (Reply 27):
Quoting uberflieger (Reply 26): While I can see the mishap if it is booked wrong from the start, just like with the guy flying to Grenada

Yep, exactly! 

What's intriguing to me is the 'booking over the phone' part. How many people do you know that call an airline to book their ticket? Just saying  

Georgetown

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:13 pm

...one would of thought an American dentist would have some kind of reasonable intelligence.

And this from a British guy?? There's a joke in there somewhere.

Tooth humor aside, I gotta agree with you. Not sitting in his chair anytime soon.
Let's go Hoyas!

bchandl

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:51 pm

Quoting uberflieger (Reply 2):

But he did, you clearly did not take the time to read the article before inserting your, incorrect, opinion.

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 16):
To top it off- Americans (and i'm very sorry to generalize, but its true) constantly make the mistake and call Grenada, Granada. Since Raegan invaded Grenada, he called it Granada and Americans have persisted.

This has nothing to do with it. I am fairly confident the majority of Americans cannot point out Grenada in Europe, or the country it is in.

Quoting uberflieger (Reply 26):

You, too, failed to read the story before posting. The agent in MIA booked him onto the wrong flight, after he made it abundantly clear where he wanted to go.

He got on the flight he was booked on.

He flew from MIA/USA to London then back to Grenada(Carribean).

Why she thought that was logical, I have no idea.

If he does not read up on or follow aviation he wouldn't know any different or that anything was wrong if he got on a CRJ200 or an A380.

Agent's mistake. BA owes him.

Baexecutive

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:02 am

Quoting georgetown (Reply 30):

LOL....some people shouldn't be let out (on both sides of the pond)

speedbored

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:17 am

Quoting bchandl (Reply 31):
I am fairly confident the majority of Americans cannot point out Grenada in Europe, or the country it is in.

I'm absolutely certain they can't. Because Grenada is an island in the Carribean, and it is a country.

alfa164

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:20 am

Quoting bobnwa (Reply 19):
hances are this guy booked the trip himself on the internet and it is totally his mistake

Did you read the part where he clearly stated he had booked it through a BA reservations agent on the phone?

Firstly, the fare alone should have caused him to question where he was booked to.

Probably not. I haven't priced a First Class fare from MIA to Grenada vs. a First Class fare from MIA to Granada, but there probably isn't much difference. The article indicated that he paid about $4,500.00 per ticket for the round trip; that may be less expensive than the (shorter) trip he wanted to take to Granada.

You, too, failed to read the story before posting. The agent in MIA booked him onto the wrong flight, after he made it abundantly clear where he wanted to go.

He got on the flight he was booked on.

He flew from MIA/USA to London then back to Grenada(Carribean).

Why she thought that was logical, I have no idea.

Maybe she was just too excited about selling a $4,500.00 ticket.

VCEflyboy

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:32 am

For a moment I thought BA had hired Ryanair's marketing team. $4500 first class to Granada, Spain (read: we will fly you to Grenada and you are off across the atlantic on convenient shuttle ferries on your dime!)

817Dreamliiner

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:37 am

I am fairly confident the majority of Americans cannot point out Grenada in Europe, or the country it is in.

Yup, you included...

Quoting speedbored (Reply 33):
I'm absolutely certain they can't. Because Grenada is an island in the Carribean, and it is a country.
BA owes him.

I wouldn't say so, He should have checked his itinerary and should have noticed the mistake, also he had numerous opportunities to notice it and didn't. Sure BA is at fault, but this guy is even more at fault for not noticing it.
I'll wake from the dream, To keep and relive, Now life it is a dream, And dream's on a... BREAK!

A333MSPtoAMS

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:28 am

Quoting bennett123 (Reply 15):
Surprised he did not query either the cost or duration of the flight.

I am a bit confused, if Time's website is saying $4500 for the tickets and NBC news from the US is saying he paid using FF miles, which one is right?

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/trav...ing-grenada-rather-granada-n138026

From the article:
Quote:
After nearly three days of transit, Gamson just barely made it to the conference, but his vacation was ruined: He's out the more than 375,000 frequent-flier miles he had used to book his first-class tickets, and he said the airline was less than helpful.

---------------------------------------
Quoting bmacleod (Reply 7):

I wonder; does he really have a chance with his suit against BA?

It's happened before, to a British couple who actually wished they booked a flight with BA instead of LH.

They wanted to fly to SYD through LH via FRA. However because AC code-shares with LH, somehow they ended up in YQY.

It happens more frequently than it probably should. I am reminded of a Dutch grandfather and his grandson who were meant to fly to Sydney, Australia but instead ended up in Sydney, Canada.

Link in Dutch: http://www.telegraaf.nl/reiskrant/20...liegt_naar_verkeerde_Sydney__.html
As of Dec 2018 I've flown 417,862 miles on 250 flights on 51 airplane types with 55 airlines traveling thru 97 airports in 43 countries. I've visited 59 countries. 2019 is looking like a pretty decent year for me.
http://cronkflies.com

aerorobnz

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:14 am

He should have researched before he booked. If he is too lazy to find out what airport code he needs to search for then he deserves to end up wherever he is sent. Hopefully next time it will be Kandahar

Just book it yourself and then you only have yourself to blame if it goes wrong.
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

MCOflyer

Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:41 am

This could be worse. He could have tried flying to MEL and got sent to MLB by mistake. You think as a dentist with all the procedures he has to follow that he would look on where he was going. Just my .02.
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

uberflieger

Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:40 am

you clearly did not take the time to read the article before inserting your, incorrect, opinion

Sure did, read the linked Time article in the opening post, found it pretty ambiguous and therefore commented (Reply 2) with 'I don't believe' - not an opinion

I admit it does sometimes take me a little longer  but even I, after reading the linked NBC article (Reply 21) got it:
'That's absolutely hilarious. I am not even going to try to figure out who's at fault, obviously both sides don't believe they were'

You Sir   didn't get it, because you clearly didn't take the time to read this thread before inserting your incorrect accusations, but no hard feelings   
http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH2...U4MDMmbHZsPTQmc3R5PXImcT1HcmVuYWRh

nzrich

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:14 am

Quoting PacNWjet (Reply 13):

Pretty certain this was with turkish Airlines
"Pride of the pacific"

PHX787

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:23 am

Unfortunately he seemed screwed either way. if he discovered when he got his boarding pass that they sent him to Grenada, he would have had to pay the high fees to change his seats...

this is why i ALWAYS book online.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

bennett123

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:32 am

I imagine when he asked for the destination she would have selected from those available to her.

In the example above, the alternative is that QF ask every passenger "Is that the Sydney in Australia, or the airport in Canada that we do not fly to?".

Surely, even a quick search on Wiki shows which airlines fly where.

The alternative is that you simply ring every airline available, and say "Do you fly to x?".

GDB

Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:35 am

In fairness, I don't see it as American bashing at all.

I think most people know you have to attain a certain level of education to be a dentist and that American ones are likely very well off.

Quoting georgetown (Reply 30):
And this from a British guy?? There's a joke in there somewhere.

Yes, during WW2 due to austerity (and pre-war poverty) a lot of people had bad teeth, which is the only time, as G.I.'s, that large numbers of Americans from all social classes were here, which is where the stereotype comes from.

As for this case, sounds like someone trying get something out of and shift the blame for making a silly mistake themselves.

SCQ83

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:09 am

I am also think that BA is to blame.

If the agent is based in MIA... how many request does he or she gets to Granada, Spain instead of Grenada from US passengers? Does he or she knows there is a Granada in Europe? Did he/she care about what this client told on the phone about Spain? (and even he or she assumed that Spain -- Spanish = Caribbean).

I mean no offense but those (probably outsourced and/or underpaid) booking agents are neither professional travel agents nor geography majors and they will just book whatever suits better/easier for them.

This person on the phone should be the first one to notice something wrong with someone willing to fly US-UK-Caribbean. Yet she/he booked the ticket anyway.

As for the $4.5k I understand that is the total cost for the round trip ticket in Business Class which would be logical (albeit low) for a US-UK-Spain ticket; but not unreasonable.

I don't think it is for this dentist to check every other detail... he uses a "human" service (instead of booking through the Internet) among other things to avoid those issues... the booking agent is the "professional" and is his or her work to avoid those issues.

The fact that BA wanted to fly him back from Grenada to Granada at no cost gives an idea that BA felt that it was their fault. Of course Mr. Gamson is American so he loves to sue and get some money. And that is where the problem is.

[Edited 2014-06-24 23:12:56]

B6MoneyGuyJFK

Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:54 am

"You say potato, I say patato" "You say Grenada, I say Granada". When the pronunciation is so close, he should have used the airport code when talking on the phone.
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everyone has one, and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks!

Francoflier

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:05 am

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 45):
The fact that BA wanted to fly him back from Grenada to Granada at no cost gives an idea that BA felt that it was their fault.

I don't think this constitutes an admission of guilt, although a lawyer will no doubt argue it is.

I could simply be good customer service, or, ironically, to assuage a lawsuit-happy customer...
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

seahawk

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:25 am

If he said "Spain" just once, it is purely BAs fault.

smokeybandit

Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:32 am

This is what I don't get. He's from Bethesda, MD, so he's probably flying out of IAD.

He calls up the booking agent, and let's say the agent typed in Grenada. Doesn't connecting in LHR seem just a bit out of the way?

I'd put the fault at 75% the passenger, especially one who was ready to use that many FF miles for a first class trip

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos