Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

David_itl
Topic Author

MAN News 52 - New Cargo Ops

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:17 pm

Link MAN news 51

Overview of it:

SV and XY start up JED-MAN. SV to go 5 weekly and XY to go to 2 weekly this winter. Good news is that XY passenger numbers have risen above the need for an EMB135 on the route!

US route to CLT started - some days have seen upgrades to a 767, though the route is ending a couple of weeks early.

MAN rolling passengers set to zoom past 22 million

New LS route for next year: AYT, KEF and MLA.

AY set to resume own ops to MAN next year

A3 begin winter flights to ATH

No more CX scheduled routes till the passenger service starts in December

TCX to operate JFK and MIA routes and hints of a "BOS" service.

EY now operatyed 77Ws on both daily services

some divs to MAN actually happened!

Now for new news

Finally confirmation of DHL aircraft at MAN:

DHL UK expansion contains this:

"DHL has become the first tenant of Manchester Airport's new logistics park. "We will now be able to put our own aircraft into Manchester with this infrastructure,"

Ground transport enhancement....

Metrolink line to start operating this year, 12 months ahead of schedule.

Air Canada Rouge have started their 5 weekly service to YYZ

And lastly, loosley associated is EK moving it's call centre to the outskirts of MAN from Wilmslow

BlueShamu330s

RE: MAN News 52 - New Cargo Ops

Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Rumours gathering pace regarding Norwegian and long haul......  

Rgds
Flying around India

lisbonbearuk

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:05 pm

New route announcement by U2, MAN-FNC starting 15th February 2015.

Boeing74741R

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:29 pm

Quoting lisbonbearuk (Reply 2):

I heard of this today when I got the newsletter from easyJet into my inbox. Will this be A319s or A320s?

lisbonbearuk

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:00 am

It'll be a popolar route I am sure. There are however some glaring gaps in EZY's network from MAN - MXP, FCO and BCN for starters.

David_itl
Topic Author

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 3):
I heard of this today when I got the newsletter from easyJet into my inbox. Will this be A319s or A320s?

Meant to be A320s.

sk736

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Quoting lisbonbearuk (Reply 4):
There are however some glaring gaps in EZY's network from MAN - MXP, FCO and BCN for starters.

Oh, how I yearn for a MAN/LGW route. One can only dream.

Boeing74741R

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Quoting lisbonbearuk (Reply 4):
BCN is already served from LPL by easyJet and from MAN they will be up against Jet2, Monarch and Ryanair, though not that it's stopped them serving some destinations from both airports and compete against others.

There are a few other gaps which I think easyJet could do well with from MAN (e.g. Faro, Paris, Rome, Ibiza, Menorca, maybe some more of the Canary Islands).

[Edited 2014-07-10 11:53:02]

GT4EZY

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 7):
There are a few other gaps which I think easyJet could do well with from MAN (e.g. Faro, Paris, Rome, Ibiza, Menorca, maybe some more of the Canary Islands).

Are they routes you would like to see or routes that you genuinely believe (with backed up data) would do well? I don't mean to be confrontational, some of the routes you mention I would like to see ex MAN, but equally some of those routes are quite saturated. Would it be wise to dump more capacity on to them?
Proud to fly from Manchester!

Boeing74741R

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Quoting GT4EZY (Reply 8):

No worries, I didn't take it as being confrontational!

No data as such, just a combination of routes I'd like to see and a feeling it could do well if priced and scheduled appropriately, the word "could" being key. It's a fair point about saturation, though to quote one example, LPA, has a scattered schedule at various points through the week and no service on Friday, plus charter flights with TCX and TOM.

If there's one city I'd like to see served from MAN it would be Seville. I remember going on the FR flight from LPL 3 years ago and it was well loaded, but then FR axed it a few months later. Now, unless you go to LGW or STN, you have to fly somewhere else and either change for another flight or drive/train it. Could be an opportunity for any airline wanting to try it IMO.

gkirk

Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:39 am

FlyNas end MAN service from the start of August.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

BlueShamu330s

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Quoting blueshamu330s (Reply 1):
Rumours gathering pace regarding Norwegian and long haul......  

I must eat crow and redact my previous post.

It seems rumours were gathering apace from one comment made about long haul expansion for Norwegian. It is now clear that it was not accurate, nor did it make any mention of expansion in the UK.

That said and with Norwegian out of the frame, I'm pleased to see Thomas Cook's expansion into more long haul operations from Manchester. Could this be the beginnings of the proper long haul base people claim has been missing at MAN for so long?

Rgds
Flying around India

David_itl
Topic Author

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:48 pm

FR to add a daily SNN service (most rotations use SNN based aircraft) from the winter timetable and Vueling to MAN is a goer as there's a page on their website about Manchester.

David_itl
Topic Author

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Schedule on MAN website:

10:15 VY8732 10:55 VY8733 02/01/15 - 24/07/15 Fridays
13:00 VY8732 13:40 VY8733 29/12/14 - 20/07/15 Mondays
19:25 VY8732 20:05 VY8733 03/01/15 - 18/07/15 Saturdays

Plus ops on 20/12 and 27/12

Mattuk

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Quoting david_itl (Reply 12):
FR to add a daily SNN service (most rotations use SNN based aircraft) from the winter timetable

This is a direct replacement of the LPL service which is to be axed. This following LPL-LPA which is also missing from the LPL winter timetable this year and being moved to MAN.

I wonder if we'll see any more historical LPL routes being moved over to MAN? If so, it could hurt LPL badly, as they are so reliant on the U2 and FR routes.

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ne...on-2014-winter-schedule/?market=ie

David_itl
Topic Author

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:59 pm

Big news was the QR23 incident yesterday where a passenger has now been sectioned under the mental health act for making a bomb hoax threat

Flybe news...we've got a 4th weekdaily service to Exeter from winter! Plus extra EDI on Tuesday + Thursday. Sure they will make up for the Waterford + Nantes routes being pulled.

Mattuk

Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:25 pm

After reducing capacity to the A332 in Winter 13/14, US is upgrading service back to the A333 for the upcoming Winter 14/15 on the MAN-PHL route.

RyanairGuru

Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Quoting Mattuk (Reply 16):
US is upgrading service back to the A333 for the upcoming Winter 14/15 on the MAN-PHL route.

..........but AA is seasonally suspending ORD-MAN
Worked Hard, Flew Right

David_itl
Topic Author

Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Briefing by the MAN Chief Operating Officer in the Evening News.

"In 2013 it was estimated that Manchester Airport alone directly generated around £750m of gross value added per annum, and supported 20,600 direct full time equivalent jobs. If indirect and induced effects are included, the numbers rise to £1.5bn and 44,700 respectively."

"As well as growing passenger numbers, we have also been working hard to attract the airlines and destinations that north west businesses need. "

"The first buildings (for Airport City) are nearing completion which will benefit both local employment and the local economy as the first businesses take up occupancy"

Wonder how many people will still blame MAN for all ills of travelling through the airport even though he states "The end-to-end journey includes a wide range of elements – eg ground transport, check-in, security, retail partners, baggage, immigration – all delivered by a range of providers."

Next item on the agenda should be the big one. T1/T3 renvovation. I wonder how long that transformation will be.

Danfearn77

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Something needs to be done. MAN, especially T1, is close to breaking point at peak times. Landside is a cramped and dingy place to be and this needs to addressed immediately. I wonder how far FR can expand given that T3 is almost bursting at the seams too.

I can't help but wonder why MAN didn't take the time and money to invest heavily in the airport infrastructure when passengers numbers were down during the recession. With a decrease in passenger and aircraft movements it would have been easier to start building work. Now, any building work and razing of the terminals is going to severely hinder operations. It' is going to get to the point where expansion is held bak as a direct result of the infrastructure. For any FR expansion now, the airport should try and push for it to be on non based aircraft to utilise the terminal during the quieter hours. I struggle to see how FR can base any more units during the morning and afternoon rush.
Eagles may soar high, but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines!

boysteve

Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:40 pm

Quoting Danfearn77 (Reply 19):
Something needs to be done. MAN, especially T1, is close to breaking point at peak times. Landside is a cramped and dingy place to be and this needs to addressed immediately. I wonder how far FR can expand given that T3 is almost bursting at the seams too.

I can't help but wonder why MAN didn't take the time and money to invest heavily in the airport infrastructure when passengers numbers were down during the recession.

I agree. My patience with MAN is about to run out. I travel through T1 every week and I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF QUEUING OUTSIDE THE TERMINAL FOR SECURITY BETWEEN 6 and 7am. However my really anger is directed at the MAN press office and the BBC etc. I have queued outside the terminal nearly every week since Easter. When I complained I was told it was the fault of pax for not arriving 3 hours before their flight as recommended. Who is going to arrive at 03:30 for an 06:30 flight to BRU or FRA? However the Press office then ran a story widely circulated in the local media that delays in July we all down to the new 'laptops have to be charged for America' security regime. THIS IS A COMPLETE LIE. The delays got slightly worse again (1h20 min queue rather than 1h10m) at the start of the school holidays. However when you get to the front of the queue I have never witnessed anyone have to 'power-up' their electronic devices. You go through the actual security check just as quickly as you have always done when you eventually get to the front of the queue. However the BBC and MEN were gullible enough to run he story as if it were gospel. This story was a cynical attempt by MAN management to deflect blame for their own incompetence. Next week I am going to BRU by train, sure it takes longer but I can work whilst travelling so will be happy!
However I am also concerned for the companies that run some of the catering establishments. I always used to visit Cafe Balzaer for example, sometimes just for a drink but sometimes for a full breakfast. Now they hardly ever get my custom because there is no time! Some of these businesses are losing out but have MAN reduced their rent/lease fees accordingly? Well I think that we can guess the answer to that!

Mattuk

Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:17 pm

BE launching MAN-AMS and going head-to head with EZY & KL

MANCHESTER (MAN) – AMSTERDAM (AMS)
Effective for travel 26th October 2014

. Monday-Friday
Dep MAN 1340 arr AMS 1615 Dep AMS 1650 arr MAN 1725

. Sat
Dep MAN 1125 arr AMS 1400 Dep AMS 1435 arr MAN 1510

. Sun
Dep MAN 1335 arr AMS 1610 Dep AMS 1645 arr MAN 1720

Operated by 88-seat Embraer 175 aircaft (Sats Q400)

http://www.flybe.com/corporate/media/news/1408/12.htm

[Edited 2014-08-12 11:18:52]

MAN2SIN2BKK

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:57 am

Quoting boysteve (Reply 20):
When I complained I was told it was the fault of pax for not arriving 3 hours before their flight as recommended.

Check in 3 hours before a flight? That is totally crazy............... I hope its not the case all over the UK as I have some serious rescheduling to do for my trip next month

David_itl
Topic Author

Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:12 pm

INV is going 3 daily Mon-Fri from Winter plus there's an extra 4 flights a week to ABZ. Some signs of MAN activity from BE after their focus at BHX.

boysteve

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Quoting Man2SIN2BKK (Reply 22):
Check in 3 hours before a flight? That is totally crazy............... I hope its not the case all over the UK as I have some serious rescheduling to do for my trip next month

No don't worry, this is not normal. For a family going on an annual holiday with checked bags they would 'probably' aim to arrive at the airport 2 hours before. Regular travelers always allow less of course. If you have only carry on you have to present yourself at LHR T5 security with at least 40 mins before flight departure for example.

MAN T1 has very bad queues at present early morning with the first wave of U2, LS and TCX departures all leaving between 06:30 and 08:00 along with many business travelers to BRU, DUS, FRA, etc. There is a significant mis-match between the required security capacity (pax per hour) generated by actual flight departures and the actual capacity. Some airlines will have to be moved between terminals to better even out the required pax flow per half hour period.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos