Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

crj900lr

RE: PSA To Start CRJ-900 Service For AA/US July 31 2014

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:17 am

Quoting Opethfan (Reply 37):
What exactly about PSA, Mesa, and their CRJ900s that's apparently so dreadful?

Nothing, although most of Mesa's are a bit older they overall are a nice aircraft for our operation. You can't please everyone on here so someone will complain about something no matter what the issue is.

MIflyer12

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:19 am

Quoting bluefly (Reply 44):
Actually, US Preferred and AA Elite do get select Choice Seats at no charge, designated as "V" seats, including the exit rows. Choice Seats designated as "T" seats are those Preferred/Elite members have to pay for.
Quoting washingtonflyer (Reply 45):
And what is the difference between a "choice seat" marked as a V and a "choice seat" marked as a T - other than a money grab?

If you see a Choice seat on a US seat map, it's paid. The free elite seating inventory is designated Preferred or Exit row.

An example:

(I'm an AA gold elite here.)

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p521/ft3cforme/Screenshot_1_zps22e1300c.jpg

crj900lr

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:23 am

Quoting hufftheweevil (Reply 35):
Are we sure they will be announcing these new CR9 flights as "US Airways Express"? That just seems awfully confusing. Once the aircraft is painted in American Eagle colors, there's no need to refer to it as US Airways Express. The Express name is just that...a name. It's not a company and not a certificate holder. Not only that, but because PSA is owned by American Airlines Group, the PSA-CR9 contract shouldn't mentioned "US Airways" or "US Airways Express" at all in it.

While we've legally combined as one company, we'll continue to function as two separate airlines for quite some time and very few changes will happen immediately.

washingtonflyer

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 am

Quoting MIflyer12 (Reply 51):
If you see a Choice seat on a US seat map, it's paid. The free elite seating inventory is designated Preferred or Exit row.

An example:

Yup, I'm aware of that. Its a bit disingeneous to call them "choice" seats when they simply pulled seats out of what was the Preferred inventory and then hawked them off as a special seat - even though they aren't any different than a preferred seat that is right next to them and was formerly free to Preferreds.

MesaFlyGuy

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:48 am

Quoting crj900lr (Reply 49):

As far as I can remember, I've never heard them announce the specific regional affiliate operating the flight. Onboard, yes of course, but not the gate agents.
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

hufftheweevil

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:32 am

Quoting crj900lr (Reply 52):
While we've legally combined as one company, we'll continue to function as two separate airlines for quite some time and very few changes will happen immediately.

Of course, just as it was/is with US/HP. But that doesn't really have much to do with what I was talking about. I'm still quite curious as to the wording in this new contract. For that matter, the wording in any of these regional contracts. If anyone can provide any specific sources, please let me know.

Quoting MesaFlyGuy (Reply 54):
As far as I can remember, I've never heard them announce the specific regional affiliate operating the flight. Onboard, yes of course, but not the gate agents.

I'm pretty sure that's what he was saying.
Huff

CRJ 900

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:56 am

Im surprised that they didn't order the 705 variant like we (jazz) did if scope was an issue. The 705 is still a 900 but just capped at 75 seats. As for comfort, ours don't have the next gen interior, BUT, every seat has AVOD (yes even in Y), they are getting Wifi, there is more leg room in Y than there is on a mainline Airbus and they make money. I heard the E175 doesn't. We fly them from Whitehorse in the far north to Houston in the south and everywhere in between. Only complaints I hear is the bins are too small for some rollaboards and the lavs are small..... once people get settled they actually give them some pretty decent reviews and yes they are very different from a CRJ100/200..... id luv another 30 705/900 next gens.

DashTrash

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Quoting Flighty (Reply 31):
Don't they flow through to AA mainline?

No. PSA does not have a flow through. They have a preferential interview program.

93Sierra

Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:25 pm

PSA pilots had the option of voting like the guys at Republic, Expressjet and Eagle. Instead of standing up for better pay, wilding conditions, trip regs etc, and most important "stop the whipsaw". However it would seem that those who voted have no moral compass and no balls to stand up for what's right. PSA sold themselves short while the envoeagle, expressjet and republic guys can walk with their heads held high. Have fun flying that big shiny jet for pennies

Flighty

Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Quoting 93Sierra (Reply 58):
However it would seem that those who voted have no moral compass and no balls to stand up for what's right.

Are you a fellow pilot as described, or will you be clipping their hedges in the hot sun, when those individuals make an easy 200k in a few years' time? They have a career path.

Quoting DashTrash (Reply 57):

No. PSA does not have a flow through. They have a preferential interview program.

Preferential as in, every good candidate beats any outside candidate IIRC

[Edited 2014-07-07 07:54:06]

DashTrash

Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:41 pm

Quoting Flighty (Reply 59):

It's not quite working that way for Piedmont, which has nearly the same language.

There is also metering language in place that keeps pilots at PSA for up to 12 months (I think). The can accumulate to one hell of an amount of money when a pilot is held at PSA. Not to mention how many pilots will be ahead of you every month for bidding purposes.

Also, should a pilot not get hired at mainline (think they don't know how many times you called out sick?), longevity pay increases cease at some year. I don't have the agreement in front of me to say what year pay is frozen.

Bottom line, PSA sold their souls for 900s. Not even growth aircraft, just bigger ones.

silentbob

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 pm

I guess that depends on your definition of "good".

Quoting DashTrash (Reply 60):
Also, should a pilot not get hired at mainline (think they don't know how many times you called out sick?), longevity pay increases cease at some year. I don't have the agreement in front of me to say what year pay is frozen.

I want to say it is 4 for first officers and 12 for captains but I could be wrong.

93Sierra

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:19 pm

I am a former Marine, ferry pilot, commerical single and Multi with over 1000 hours. So no, I'm not a regional pilot. However I stand up and support any pilot group that has the balls to fight for a better TA. Republic, Envoy and EV stood strong and PSA had the chance to stop this race to the bottom and they sold out to fly bigger planes for absurdly low rates. I do however clip a mean hedge.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos