bmacleod

RE: 5 Worst US Airlines Of All Time: Article

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:19 pm

No mention of NK either?   
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

kbmiflyer

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:30 pm

This is written by the Street, so it is looking at the business model more than the passneger side of the airline. By business model metrics, NK is actually pretty succesful.

I agree with most of the story, Skybus and Independence air were both doomed from the start. I might disagree about Valuejet (Airtran). They managed to rise from the ashes and FL became a pretty succesful little airline both for passengers and financially before WN bought them out..

StTim

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Had the misfortune to fly a Tower Air plane that had been wet leased to Zambia Airways - many moons ago. So late we missed our connection in Lusaka and had to overnight there as the next available flight wasn't until the following day. Old 747-200 I think with the very very old headsets which were basic tubes.

FLALEFTY

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Interesting article, thanks for sharing!

I think some additional "dishonorable mentions" might be handed out to Tower Air, ATA & ( "airline within an airline") Continental Lite.

Tower Air and ATA were both reasonably-successful charter airlines who flopped badly in their attempts to become scheduled airlines.

Continental Lite's product and performance was so bad it nearly brought its parent company down with them.

727LOVER

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:50 pm

From the article:

Rather, we looked for airlines with flawed models, failed execution and, in some cases, severe operational deficiencies.
[qu
ote=bmacleod,reply=1]No mention of NK either? [/quote]

Tell me...how does NK fit into these categories????
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

jfk777

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:52 pm

Eastern had to be the worst full service airline.

spacecadet

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 5):
Rather, we looked for airlines with flawed models, failed execution and, in some cases, severe operational deficiencies.

Tell me...how does NK fit into these categories????

Well, the criteria they're using itself is pretty screwed up if you think about it. By definition, any airline that shuts down had a "flawed model" and "failed execution" - otherwise it'd still be around. So Eastern, Pan Am, and various other lauded carriers would fall under "worst airlines" by this criteria, even if they were successful for many years prior to shutting down.

The only real differentiator is the "operational deficiencies" - and those fall under the category of "things the public can see". That's what would keep good airlines that just couldn't compete off this list. So Tower Air would certainly have to qualify. Spirit... eh, maybe still not. But it's not just all about business. If you're looking only at business, I'd argue that taking a giant like Pan Am into bankruptcy and liquidation is much "worse", and shows a much more flawed business model and failed execution than a small, young airline like ValuJet merging with another company and changing their name. So clearly that's not really what this list is about.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

stlgph

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:45 pm

Quoting FLALEFTY (Reply 4):
ATA

Hrmmm...they had a nice run of 20 years or so, so not really a flop.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

MaverickM11

Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:53 pm

Quoting OzarkD9S (Thread starter):
Braniff 3

What about Braniff 1 and 2  
Quoting OzarkD9S (Thread starter):
SkyBus

If Skybus just flew to places people wanted to go we'd be talking about them instead of Spirit.
I don't take responsibility at all

MSYtristar

Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Pleasantly surprised to not see Pride Air on this list.  

727LOVER

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:01 pm

Quoting jfk777 (Reply 6):

And this is based on????

Or is this just your opinion?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DpwkX6WezUg/TGFiLs7hPOI/AAAAAAAAAX4/aiZnrnBaZeo/s1600/constellation1.jpg
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

superjeff

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:07 pm

Braniff 1 was actually very successful in its day. Braniff 2 should have been except for a corrupt management team. Braniff 1 died because of a perfect storm: Iran crisis, too fast expansion (which would have worked without Iran), and American moving their headquarters from New York to Dallas and overlaying their route network.

Pride Air was started by ex Continental (pre Lorenzo) crews who wanted a quality airline like CO was before the Texas International takeover, and just was underfunded.

FlyPIJets

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:20 pm

National 2 (LasVegas version) not on the list?

That was a business model that was sure to fail; Harrah's and Rio holding onto the cash until the last minute. No way that was going to work, regardless of 9/11. Very nice employees and service, though.

Midway 2 (RDU) - could have succeeded, but Carl Ichan... so having Carl Icahn or Frank Lerenzo associated with your business model should have gotten you on the list.   (Midway 2 had an offer to go private, thus access to those resources, but, could not come to an agreement with Ichan. Then 9/11...)
Rex Kramer: Get that finger out of your ear! You don't know where that finger's been!

ghifty

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Quoting spacecadet (Reply 7):
Well, the criteria they're using itself is pretty screwed up if you think about it. By definition, any airline that shuts down had a "flawed model" and "failed execution" - otherwise it'd still be around. So Eastern, Pan Am, and various other lauded carriers would fall under "worst airlines" by this criteria, even if they were successful for many years prior to shutting down.

I think the criteria is business models that, at startup, doomed the airlines to fail. Eastern, Pan Am, TWA all had business models that worked for the time they operated in.. pre-deregulation. They're failure is attributable to not being able to adapt to a changing business environment, and the reason some (TWA) stuck around so long is because they came from such history.
Fly Delta (Wid)Jets

Comments made here reflect only my personal opinions.

VC10er

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:53 pm

I flew Tower Air, 747-200, in First Class (even writing that makes me laugh) in the bubble. The flight was from San Juan, PR to Miami, about an hour?

They gave me a sandwich on white bread with one slice of ham and cheese, mayo and the edges curled the bread was so stale. It came on a yellow styrofoam plate with a one leaf on wilted lettuce.

We were 3 hours late, but I got in just in time to make my Sao Paulo flight on United because my brand new 777 was at the gate next to my Tower arrival gate. It made a United business recliner seat seem like Singapore First Class.

I have often wondered if that flight was truly safe?
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

aztrainer

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Tower Air and ATA were both reasonably-successful charter airlines who flopped badly in their attempts to become scheduled airlines.

I thought ATA was doing a good job of the leisure market travel after WN bought 27.5% in 2004. They were able to use PHX, LAS, LAX, and OAK as a gateway to Hawai'i with 70 flights per week. I remember seeing ATA L-1011's at PHX being handled by WN ground crew. This was WN's first attempt to attack the Hawai'i market, but I think it was a victim of the bloodbath of AQ, HA, UA, DL, and HP fight in Hawai'i market.

ImperialEagle

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Quoting ghifty (Reply 15):
Eastern, Pan Am, TWA all had business models that worked for the time they operated in.. pre-deregulation. They're failure is attributable to not being able to adapt to a changing business environment, and the reason some (TWA) stuck around so long is because they came from such history.

That would be your "opinion". Otherwise, perhaps you would share the source of your information.

Pre-Deregulattion Eastern Air Lines was no different than any of the other trunk carriers in that they had their good years and their bad. They had two ways to compete---service standard and equipment standard. I think most old airline people would agree that EA did very well at both.

At one time they carried more passengers per year than any airline in the free world. They could not have done that by pissing-off passengers!
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!"

SEPilot

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Quoting VC10er (Reply 16):

I have often wondered if that flight was truly safe?

Did it crash? If no, then it was safe. If yes, then it wasn't. 
The problem with making things foolproof is that fools are so doggone ingenious...Dan Keebler

desertjets

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Independence Air deserves a special award. It was an airline in search of a business model started from the premise of being dumped by United as an express carrier with a terminal to use and a boatload of 50 seat CRJs with nowhere to go -- which apparently meant flying to former UAX cities at questionable frequencies. SYR was in the first or second round of markets in their first 6 weeks or so and they were operating something like 6x or 8x a day. That was good for me as it meant dirt cheap (like 60 bucks each way) airfares, when I was used to paying $200-$250.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

seabosdca

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:18 pm

Any list like this without Tower isn't worth the electrons used to store it.

Who could forget those 747-100s and -200s operating out of a hangar with interior parts missing and routine 24-hour delays?

I think it's an amazing miracle there was never a Tower Air crash.

AVLAirlineFreq

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Honorable mentions for the list could include a number of Pan Am reboots, and Great Plains Airlines.

eastern747

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:37 pm

To jfk777- I hope you know what you can do with your comments. As was stated, at one point we carried more passengers than any other airline in the free world. We introduced the 757 and A300. We had over 36,000 employees and many of us are still friends. I worked for them for 25 years, and a number of them in building 16 in MIA. (Corporate headquarters) Our problems were not caused by our business plan, it was caused by non airline people making crap decisions, hear me (Borman), and unions who thought they knew more than management. Eastern had problems, as any business does, but one of our biggest problems was doing business with New Yorkers. Tell me any airline that flew you from DCA-LGA for $19.95 with no reservation and a guaranteed seat. OR would pass out train tickets to those waiting in line when we got a snow storm and planes were grounded. Even then we got nasty letters when the railroad , ran out of railroad cars. Oh yes, and give you hot meals in Y, breakfast, lunch, dinner on flights from say ORD-ATL, or DCA-CLT and snacks on flights in between main meal times. I personally want to know why you disliked us. And by the way, nobody twisted your arm to buy a ticket.

ER757

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:48 pm

I think some additional "dishonorable mentions" might be handed out to Tower Air, ATA & ( "airline within an airline") Continental Lite.

Can't comment on Tower or CO Lite, but I flew ATA twice back in the day and found them to be quite pleasant flights with decent in-cabin service. No complaints. Granted I was flying coach on leisure flights so my expectations weren't much, but I've had far worse experieneces on the likes of UA, US and HP (when they existed).

MSYtristar

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Add Access Air to the honorable mention list. It just had failure written all over it from the get go.

milesrich

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 12):

And this is based on????

Or is this just your opinion?

Any seasoned traveler, who traveled extensively from 1955 to 1991, would probably rank Eastern right up there. Eastern was only successful when it had little or no competition. For example, between NYC, BOS, PHL and WAS, and Florida, before 1972, their competition was National and Northeast. Talk about the bottom of the barrel. Eastern was the last major airline to start serving hot meals, when Rickenbacker broke down and ordered ovens for his DC-7B's. Prior to that, he had five across seating and charged first class fares on his Constellations. There used to be an organization called WHEALS (We hate Eastern Air Line S) and it was mentioned off and became the butt of many Alan King jokes. Then the jet age arrived, and Eastern bought only 20 DC-8s and 40 Electras, so they couldn't compete with well because of a shortage of equipment. Finally, Floyd Hall arrived and turn the airline around and upgraded the fleet, cleaned up the airplanes, and was able to eliminate most labor strife, but when he left and Frank Borman arrived, oh boy. Then came deregulation, and Eastern could never compete with Delta at the Hartsfield hub, on an even basis, and their lucrative seasonal routes to Florida became the target of many startups. Former Eastern Employees will I am sure, flame me, but it was a bad airline, for most of its existence. The labor wars didn't start with the arrival of Mr. Lorenzo.

skystar767

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:04 pm

A lot of you are sitting around talking crap about Tower air. My wife worked for Tower air for many years and NEVER felt unsafe. They are or was no differ than any other low cost airlines from the 80's and 90's. Yes they had long delays,missing bags,old planes but no one can ever say they lost a family member on Tower air flight to a crash. Tell me one airline that don't have long delays or bad passenger service? I have flown them all from EK,QR,BA,AA you name them I have flown them with major delays. I find it funny when those same people that bash low cost airlines keep flying them.

seabosdca

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:15 pm

Quoting skystar767 (Reply 27):
They are or was no differ than any other low cost airlines from the 80's and 90's.

Were other low-cost airlines being investigated by the FAA for poor maintenance practices on a more or less constant basis, or losing arbitrations with their FA unions as a result of providing unsanitary hotels on layover?

skystar767

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:50 pm

Oh please. Unions are for lazy people who don't like to work but want to get paid for doing as little as possible. All airlines have been investigated one time or another for something by the FAA. My point is Tower Air has never killed anyone. The FAA did not close down Tower Air. I Will say it again my wife never felt unsafe working for them and I never felt unsafe flying on them.

jfklganyc

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:00 pm

Tower was bad, but they were around for quite a while.

Eastern, in their final years was nothing short of horrendous!

Indy was a nice airline but terrible business plan

ValuJet went on to a very successful end -> AirTran -> Southwest

Skybus was also a flawed business plan with a bad hub (or was CMH not considered a hub because you couldn't connect??)

I dont even know what Braniff 3 was??? Is that bad?

Add to the list:

Carnival
Pan Am 2 and 3

On another note, Aloha ( I know beloved on a.net) put me on the oldest 737 I was ever on. I thought it was cool, but man was that thing old!

Also, Spirit, for as much as people hate them is a THRIVING airline. As the CEO says, " We know they hate us and we don't care. They keep coming back." You may not like it, but I am sure Wall Street likes them a heck of a lot more than B6 or VX.

IPFreely

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 25):
Add Access Air to the honorable mention list. It just had failure written all over it from the get go

I'm guessing less than 10% of the posters on this board and probably 0.001% of the general population even remember access air. Whatever investors funded that startup should be awarded honorary cone-shaped white hats.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned People Express, Hooters Air, and Trump Shuttle. All spectacular failures for passengers and investors alike.

seabosdca

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 pm

Quoting skystar767 (Reply 29):
My point is Tower Air has never killed anyone.

For which we should thank our lucky stars. With the condition of their rattletrap 747s, it's pure luck that they didn't suffer any accidents comparable to the two Kalitta 747 Classic accidents that happened in 2008.

MSYtristar

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 pm

Quoting IPFreely (Reply 31):
I'm guessing less than 10% of the posters on this board and probably 0.001% of the general population even remember access air. Whatever investors funded that startup should be awarded honorary cone-shaped white hats.

...on both accounts.

mayor

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Quoting seabosdca (Reply 21):
routine 24-hour delays?

Oh, heck.....when I worked at DL cargo at ORD, in the 70s and we still had L-100 freighter service, we used to joke that if it was less than 24 hours late, it was still on time.  
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

MSYtristar

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:34 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 34):
we used to joke that if it was less than 24 hours late, it was still on time.  

Sounds like our motto while I was working on Amtrak long distance trains.  

mayor

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:37 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 35):

Sounds like our motto while I was working on Amtrak long distance trains.

I believe, at the time, that we only had 3 L-100s in the fleet, to cover the entire freighters system.....and no spare a/c.......that and the arrival of the widebodies were the death knell for freighter service at DL.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

JFKL1011

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:03 am

Hooters and Trump Shuttle come to mind....
So many places to fly and increasingly so few interesting aircraft to get there on.

FLALEFTY

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:55 am

Quoting JFKL1011 (Reply 37):
Hooters and Trump Shuttle come to mind....

Yeah, I totally forgot about those two.

Hooters Air was really an advertising stunt gone wrong. And Trump Shuttle was The Donald's ego trip.

Some of you more knowledgeable guys might help tweak my memory: Did Trump Shuttle eventually sell off to US Airways, or Delta?

Polot

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:57 am

Quoting FLALEFTY (Reply 38):
Did Trump Shuttle eventually sell off to US Airways, or Delta?

US Airways. Delta purchased its shuttle operations from Pan Am.

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:06 am

Quoting skystar767 (Reply 29):

Oh please. Unions are for lazy people who don't like to work but want to get paid for doing as little as possible.

SWEEPING generalization there. Some of us "lazy people" who happen to be in a union work hard, take pride in our work both for it's own sake and for the betterment of our company. We realize who writes our checks. This comment of yours is offensive to many, many people.

Glad your wife felt safe on Tower. Apparently some did not.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

fanofjets

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:13 am

I'm surprised Arrow Air did not make the dishonor roll. I heard plenty of horror stories about the lack of service and the shoddy condition of their planes. Sadly, it took a tragic crash that killed more than 200 returning service personnel to put the outfit out of the passenger-carrying business.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Den Pascoe

Rich International was also a sorry excuse of an airline. I flew them on a charter back to the US from London. Service consisted of a single flight attendant walking up and down the aisles barking orders to close the window shades. No, this was not out of courtesy for passengers to watch an in-flight movie. That equipment had been ripped out of the once elegant DC-8, with exposed brackets betraying its erstwhile presence. We did not see the flight attendant again until we were descending into JFK, many hours late, at which time she tossed mysterious food items on each tray.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © T Zethof

The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

atcrick

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:19 am

What about Pro Air out of DET, not DTW. 737-400s out of a small runway in a really bad area of town.
natch!!

panampaul

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:20 am

Quoting seabosdca (Reply 28):
Were other low-cost airlines being investigated by the FAA for poor maintenance practices on a more or less constant basis, or losing arbitrations with their FA unions as a result of providing unsanitary hotels on layover?

Oh! Oh! I know the answer. No, there weren't. Tower was unique in this aspect.

ATLTPA

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:22 am

Anyone remember Florida 1980s commuter operator Trans Air? They had some beat up old Cessna 402s and grew rapidly for a while, largely after the demise of PBA. Here is a bit about them: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/198...ans-air-piedmont-airlines-commuter

Flew them 3 times as a teenager across the state of Florida, from West Palm to Tampa. Never heard a single safety briefing on any of the flights. Rode through one heck of a thunderstorm on one of those flights and I am still here, so...They must have been safe!

I've also got to put in a plug here for Air Sunshine, the 1970s DC-3 airline. Super people and fun planes, but not exactly the most reliable. Got my emergency landing ticket punched by them with an engine overheat/shut down in flight landing in Ft. Myers (which wasn't on the itinerary). Rode in the fire chief's car to the terminal, too!

Locals in Key West called them "Air Sometime": http://www.sunshineskies.com/airsunshine.html

Commuter flying in Florida in the 1970s and early 1980s was a trip, let me tell you!

ATLTPA

[Edited 2014-07-07 18:26:26]

OzarkD9S
Topic Author

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:24 am

Quoting atcrick (Reply 42):

What about Pro Air out of DET, not DTW. 737-400s out of a small runway in a really bad area of town.

They actually had a decent plan. Underused airport in a major metro area and some "preferred usage" contracts with a few companies, IRC. Poor funding, bad management and sloppy maintenance did them in. I actually rooted for them for a while, back in the day when NW tried to crush anyone who DARED serve their markets. Remember Reno Air, I think the Clinton administration told NW to "back off"....NW could be ruthless back then.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

airbazar

Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:29 am

No Hooters Air on that list? Really?

questions

Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:40 am

How about:
- McClain
- Legend
- Playboy
- MGM Grand Air

HAL

Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:59 am

I'd add South Pacific International Airlines (SPIA), based in Pago Pago, American Samoa in the 70s & 80s. Shoddy equipment, shady business practices, and not much else.

HAL
One smooth landing is skill. Two in a row is luck. Three in a row and someone is lying.

eta unknown

Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:15 am

Quoting EASTERN747 (Reply 22):
To jfk777- I hope you know what you can do with your comments. As was stated, at one point we carried more passengers than any other airline in the free world. We introduced the 757 and A300. We had over 36,000 employees and many of us are still friends. I worked for them for 25 years, and a number of them in building 16 in MIA. (Corporate headquarters) Our problems were not caused by our business plan, it was caused by non airline people making crap decisions, hear me (Borman), and unions who thought they knew more than management. Eastern had problems, as any business does, but one of our biggest problems was doing business with New Yorkers. Tell me any airline that flew you from DCA-LGA for $19.95 with no reservation and a guaranteed seat. OR would pass out train tickets to those waiting in line when we got a snow storm and planes were grounded. Even then we got nasty letters when the railroad , ran out of railroad cars. Oh yes, and give you hot meals in Y, breakfast, lunch, dinner on flights from say ORD-ATL, or DCA-CLT and snacks on flights in between main meal times. I personally want to know why you disliked us. And by the way, nobody twisted your arm to buy a ticket.

Yeah, but your airline was crap post deregulation. Front-line staff were particularly nasty with a nasty reputation as well- that's what I remember.

F9Animal

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 am

Quoting skystar767 (Reply 28):
Oh please. Unions are for lazy people who don't like to work but want to get paid for doing as little as possible. All airlines have been investigated one time or another for something by the FAA. My point is Tower Air has never killed anyone. The FAA did not close down Tower Air. I Will say it again my wife never felt unsafe working for them and I never felt unsafe flying on them.

Wow..... I seriously work my butt off. That comment is beyond disgusting. I could point out that most people in management are lazy, and do as little work as possible while getting paid.

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 39):
SWEEPING generalization there. Some of us "lazy people" who happen to be in a union work hard, take pride in our work both for it's own sake and for the betterment of our company. We realize who writes our checks. This comment of yours is offensive to many, many people.

Thank you. Well said sir.

Quoting desertjets (Reply 19):

Independence Air deserves a special award. It was an airline in search of a business model started from the premise of being dumped by United as an express carrier with a terminal to use and a boatload of 50 seat CRJs with nowhere to go -- which apparently meant flying to former UAX cities at questionable frequencies. SYR was in the first or second round of markets in their first 6 weeks or so and they were operating something like 6x or 8x a day. That was good for me as it meant dirt cheap (like 60 bucks each way) airfares, when I was used to paying $200-$250.

When Independence started getting Airbus equipment, I really think they stood a better chance. Had they gotten the Airbus started sooner, they could have made it. The RJ destroyed them. If only we could go back in time and fix things. Their service was great, and their crews were awesome. Still saddens me that ACA went down the way they did.  

Anyone forget about Go!?
I Am A Different Animal!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos