Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

emrecan
Topic Author

Turkish Airlines "Best Airline In Europe" Again

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Turkish Airlines has been chosen "Best Airline in Europe", “Best Airline in Southern Europe” and awarded “Best Business Class Onboard Catering”, “Best Business Class Lounge Dining” in 2014 Skytrax World Airline Awards.

Great job TK            

Here is the link (only in Turkish)

http://www.airporthaber.com/havacili...eri/thyye-4-buyuk-odul-birden.html

[Edited 2014-07-15 06:11:45]

TK105

RE: Turkish Airlines "Best Airline In Europe" Again

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Congratulations TK. This is the 4th time in a raw. Keep it up...

Here is the original link:

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/index.htm
The future is in the skies.

mercure1

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:50 pm

They are doing something right.

Congrats to TK and its staff.
mercure f-wtcc

OA260

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:54 pm

Well earned. From lounges to inflight catering TK have excelled. I have always had good flights with TK and decent crew.

Miami

Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:03 pm

Congrats to TK! Well deserved award! One of the best airlines I've ever flown with.

[Edited 2014-07-15 10:04:00]
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

Aquila3

Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:05 pm

The really deserve the title, well done. They are surely better than any EU airline. My recent experiences with TK were great.

Now, loking and whre they are located, I believe it would be a more fair contest if the "competition" was with the ME carriers.
Not that they could not win again, of course.
Maybe they need just a small pack of 380s...   
chi vola vale chi vale vola chi non vola è un vile

TYCOON

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:44 pm

I have flown TK a number of times, mostly business class, long haul to Asia and South America, and I wouldn't even put them in the same class of some of the larger European carriers (not sure I would put Turkey in Europe really).
The number of bad expériences I have had on TK far outweigh the good: lost luggage (for almost one week, no compensation, no answer, no Customer service and I was flying Business Class).
Service on board is poor: try getting a refill of your empty glass!!! Do they ration liquid on board??? On other European carriers, the flight attendants walk down the aisles refilling during meal time... It has never happened on any TK flight I've been on. I have had to ask.
Changing my seats that I specifically reserved months in advance : this happened twice - once in business from row 2 to dreaded row 5 (missing a window on B773) and on a medium haul flight when we were 6 flying together, seats all reserved together but for some inexplicable reason, changed two of the group to seats not even in the same section of the A333!!!
And I honestly do not find the flight attendants overly friendly (not rude) but just not very friendly... And the chef thing... please how gimmicky can one get!!!
I'm actually flying them to LAX soon, but not holding my hopes up to high...
I can think of a number of European Airlines I would give the title to before I would TK....
Just my two cents from a very seasoned traveller!

freakyrat

Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:10 am

They also have that most awesome commercial with the children in the dessert making that little airport etc. I'm surprised it was never put in for any advertising awards cause it would surely win.

stlgph

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:28 am

Quoting TYCOON (Reply 6):

I love Turkish and had a great time in their business class. The chef "gimmick" is awesome and the food was delicious.
Just rather interesting you seem to keep having all these bad experiences...yet you keep going back??
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

TYCOON

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:12 am

stlgph, yes I do concede that it does seem a bit odd that despite bad experiences outweighing good ones with TK, I am willing to fly them again - and on a long-haul business class flight.
But as with a number of a.netters, I like flying different airlines and different routes, and I am always open to giving an airline another chance to "wow me over". TK just hasn't yet done this and I have flown them 9 times over the past 3 years (6 of those flights in business class).
This can be compared to the 5 airlines I have flown the most:
1) Air France: 776x
2) Delta: 312x
3) British: 71x
5) Alitalia: 70x
5) Luthansa: 70x

stylo777

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:27 am

Quoting freakyrat (Reply 7):
I'm surprised it was never put in for any advertising awards cause it would surely win.

I think it is in Turkish only

Quoting TYCOON (Reply 6):
And the chef thing... please how gimmicky can one get!!!

this is really a gimmick, but one that certainly pays of for other passengers. In fact, the very same people serving you in the lounge are also the ones serving you the already prepared food onboard. They don't count as flight attentands and they don't have the same working conditions. They are ground staff hired to serve the food onboard in a stylish chef uniform   most of them even worked as check-in agents for various handling companies at IST airport.

OA260

Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:39 am

Quoting stylo777 (Reply 10):
this is really a gimmick, but one that certainly pays of for other passengers.

I personally like the Chef idea. Gimmick or not.

A few of my experiences on TK :

Türk Hava Yolları-B77W New J Class +New IST Lounge (by OA260 Jan 11 2012 in Trip Reports)

Turkish Airlines J Class DUB-IST-ATH+Lounges (by OA260 Mar 10 2014 in Trip Reports)

I can maybe understand the bit about the crews. They are not the ''Happy Clappy'' type that you sometimes get on Western European carriers/US etc... but then again that does not bother me. I just expect them to give me my meal and drinks then I dont really want to see them again to be honest unless I need them. If I want a drink I will press the call button or help myself from the self service bar area.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos