Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ouboy79

RE: WN Next Schedule Ex Aug 4. First Post FL Merger.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:01 am

Quoting MtnWest1979 (Reply 45):
Well not sure about a 'moral' problem ( but I have heard of a few lol), but can attest to morale.  

LOL sigh...you got me there.   Employee survey results were posted yesterday - it was pretty regardless of how some will try to spin it. Faith in senior leadership is dead. Gary and friends in Dallas have their work cut out for them.

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 46):
What difference does the flight number make? If the airplane and crew leave late, they are going to affect the downline cities regardless of how many flight numbers are involved.

Maverick covers it pretty well. I'll add to his comments below...

Quoting maverickTTT (Reply 49):
The point is, when you sell a flight that flies "direct service" on a AAA-BBB-CCC-XXX-YYY-ZZZ routing, you're picking up people in AAA that are going to CCC, people in BBB that are going to XXX, and people in CCC that are going to ZZZ (and whatever other downline combination). If you have a disruption, you can't recover without further inconveniencing people who paid for direct service. If you limit a line of flight to AAA-BBB-CCC, those pax that got on at BBB that are going to XXX or ZZZ are no longer expecting direct service, thus making recovery swap opportunities easier to swallow for all involved. You can apply the same logic to crew scheduling.

Exactly. Selling the direct service is a big advantage to those passengers that rely on them - Unaccompanied Minors, Standard Award reservations, RR bookings, and those trying to get between cities that might require 2 stops (but the system won't sell 2 connections or more).

Let's not also forget that while it happens, stubbing flights is rare and causes all kinds of issues. Reaccomodating passengers (when they are limited to WN only flights), lost bags, etc. Also if flight numbers die at a hub, it makes it much easier to swap aircraft and keep flights ontime.

Cubsrule

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Quoting maverickTTT (Reply 49):
If you have a disruption, you can't recover without further inconveniencing people who paid for direct service.

Everything has a price. Leave them behind and compensate them handsomely. It's the same way the legacies do it on their "direct" flights (which inevitably involve a change of aircraft and often a change of gauge at the hub).

Quoting ouboy79 (Reply 50):
Selling the direct service is a big advantage to those passengers that rely on them - Unaccompanied Minors, Standard Award reservations, RR bookings, and those trying to get between cities that might require 2 stops (but the system won't sell 2 connections or more).

Other than connections typically requiring a few more points, award reservations have nothing to do with whether a flight is direct or not (and to the extent there is a difference, that could be fixed on the revenue management side).

Let's not also forget that while it happens, stubbing flights is rare and causes all kinds of issues.

And, likewise, aircraft swaps at the hub cause many of the same problems. I'm not sure what you see as a panacea will really change things much.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

lpdal

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:37 pm

I caught FL49, FLL-ATL, on March 8th, seat 1A in Business Class. The price was ridiculous, $368 one way, but worth it now that I don't have to worry about FL not being on my log.

Just saw FL1 on the 28th of December, 100% full...

-LPDAL
TWU represented. All of my views and posted content are mine alone, and should not be viewed as official communication from my employer, its subsidiaries thereof, or any other entities or airlines.

MaverickTTT

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 51):
It's the same way the legacies do it on their "direct" flights (which inevitably involve a change of aircraft and often a change of gauge at the hub).

Except the legacies aren't operating five segments on the same flight number and selling service explicitly as "one-stop, no plane change". That's the rub here. WN is going to have to accept that more connecting itineraries and fewer "direct" itineraries are necessary to salvage their operational performance if they want to be a player in the world they're entering (moving beyond being a domestic airline that used to avoid congested airports).

Cubsrule

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Quoting maverickTTT (Reply 53):
Except the legacies aren't operating five segments on the same flight number and selling service explicitly as "one-stop, no plane change".

Unless WN is going to start keeping spares at places like MCI and AUS, a lot of one-stop stuff will likely survive even if they make the changes you propose. Nobody is buying 3 or 4 stop itineraries with the expectation you posit since they don't even sell those itineraries online.

INFINITI329

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Quoting 175erj (Reply 27):
This was not a merger, it was an acquisition.

Thank You, Some people don't understand this

(but the system won't sell 2 connections or more).

Its very very rare, but it happens I see one every 1-2 wks (2 city connections)

Quoting lpdal (Reply 52):
Just saw FL1 on the 28th of December, 100% full...

I would take guess there's a few a.netters on there

MaverickTTT

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 54):
Nobody is buying 3 or 4 stop itineraries with the expectation you posit since they don't even sell those itineraries online.

But they ARE buying two-stop itineraries. For example, DAL-MSY-MCO-SJU. What I'm arguing is that this should be limited to DAL-MSY-MCO and, if I need to get to SJU, I can change planes in MCO. By selling me this itinerary as "Two-Stops, No Plane Change", there is an expectation created to come through on that. If I WN is forced to swap aircraft at MSY or MCO on this line of flight, they are a.) failing to meet customer expectations and, b.) creating a delay by increasing the required turn-time for that flight...another virtually unrecoverable delay.

You're missing the point, entirely (and, perhaps it's my airline ops center mind that is unable to explain the issue). If the plane operates AAA-BBB-CCC-DDD-XXX-YYY-ZZZ as the same flight number, you are picking up and dropping off pax on that line of flight. None are staying on for three or four stops, but many are staying on for two stops. When you pick up pax in BBB, they may be staying one to XXX. By terminating the flight number at a hub (in this case, only operating AAA-BBB-CCC), you create more opportunities to get lines of flight back on time with minimal perceived customer inconvenience. By being beholden to a straight line of flights on the same flight number, you handcuff yourself into a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

iowaman

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 54):
Nobody is buying 3 or 4 stop itineraries with the expectation you posit since they don't even sell those itineraries online.
Quoting maverickTTT (Reply 56):
But they ARE buying two-stop itineraries. For example, DAL-MSY-MCO-SJU. What I'm arguing is that this should be limited to DAL-MSY-MCO

Just to clarify, Southwest does not sell two connection itineraries. They do however sell a one stop flight with one connection (such as LAS-SNA(stay on plane)-MDW(connection)-DSM. And also as Maverick stated, 2 stop no plane changes.

Cubsrule

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:14 pm

None are staying on for three or four stops, but many are staying on for two stops.

Can you name me some itineraries that routinely see more than a handful of two-stop passengers? I'm trying to quantify "many," and I think it's a lot fewer than you imagine. Plus again, in your example, there's really no harm in the DAL-MSY-MCO portion of things since WN isn't going to have spares in MSY, so a DAL-MSY (or further upline) delay will delay MSY-MCO regardless of how many flight numbers it is.

By being beholden to a straight line of flights on the same flight number, you handcuff yourself into a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Is there some evidence that WN is "handcuffed?" I see plane changes at hubs all the time (virtually every time I spend a couple of hours at a large hub). On the other hand, I also see legacies stick to planned lines of flying all the time even when a flight number change is involved.

krod031

Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:34 am

Quoting wnflyguy (Reply 29):

Aguadilla PR rumored to be announced on August 4th.
Apparently there's some stuff on FB and other websites.
If true didn't see that coming.
I'm guessing FLL and BWI may see service.
Flyguy

Southwest has commented on the post stating that its not true and has no plans to launch Aguadilla.  

airliner371

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:49 am

Quoting Krod031 (Reply 59):
Southwest has commented on the post stating that its not true and has no plans to launch Aguadilla.

Did you expect them to say, "Yeah, we are adding Aguadilla."? Now, whether it is true or not, I don't think that post means anything.

mtnwest1979

Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:07 am

I remember getting a letter in response to one I sent asking if rumors of adding SMF were true. Leader said no, and then they announced it 2 months later, so......who can tell.
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?

usflyguy

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:44 am

wnflyguy, the 4th is right around the corner, have you heard any new rumors?
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

MKE22

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 am

MKE-PUJ or MKE-MBJ 2x/week seasonal!  

lpdal

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:38 am

I just checked out some flights on FL for December 28th, the last day of FL's operation. I wanted to do FLL-ATL-FLL, ATL appears to be the last scheduled destination for FLL and the round trip price up front $730. I already have FL in my log for a single 712 flight in J back in March but I figured I could tack a few more on if I was able to. Maybe I could fly DL F one way to cut my losses.

-LPDAL
TWU represented. All of my views and posted content are mine alone, and should not be viewed as official communication from my employer, its subsidiaries thereof, or any other entities or airlines.

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:07 pm

Well only a couple days away and the rumor mill is quiet.
Usually there's something of a Buzz going around.
Aguadilla rumors still floating around even though the conference call basically killed it.
Still hearing the 737-500 retirement will be in this schedule.
Anyone else hearing anything?
Flyguy
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

flyiguy

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:14 pm

2 737-500's will be retired by the end of September I know putting that sub fleet at 12

[Edited 2014-07-31 14:15:19]
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

dbo861

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:48 pm

Quoting wnflyguy (Reply 65):
Well only a couple days away and the rumor mill is quiet.
Usually there's something of a Buzz going around.
Aguadilla rumors still floating around even though the conference call basically killed it.
Still hearing the 737-500 retirement will be in this schedule.
Anyone else hearing anything?

Well with the most recent earnings statement, they've finally reached their 15% ROI goal before any further growth. Maybe we'll get an indication of when they'll start growing again, possibly taking on more slightly used 73G or some 738s, or moving up deliveries.

737tanker

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:29 pm

Don't expect any move up of orders as according to Gary Kelly it doesn't make sense to get a lot of new aircraft since the 737MAX will be available in the near future. The only thing that WN will do is get more used -700s to replace the 717s so that more Classics can be retired. I wouldn't expect any growth in aircraft until 2015. The only growth in 2014 will be in additional seats as the -717s and -500s are replaced by -700s and a very few -800s.

[Edited 2014-07-31 15:31:37]

[Edited 2014-07-31 15:32:25]

United_fan

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:14 pm

Now if they would only fly FLL-ROC . Even just for the winter months . One can hope. Have to buy my tix for FLL in March. Been waiting weeks for the new schedule to come on-line.
"Suspicion is a matter of opinion"

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:16 am

Well now that FL is almost gone I'm guessing every schedule extension will be back to the old boring releases.
Looking back at the merger over 4 yrs was hands Down in my opinion a complete waste.
Yes business reasons for Key markets and killing off a competitive thorn was a win win.
Connecting the dots and strengthen the Midwest,east coast, south and Florida was a mistake in missed revenue.
I predict ATL will follow the Fate of PHL in a few years.
I say that because Delta a bigger power house than Us airways/America west was and they killed WN in PHL.
Eventually I SEE ATL dwindling down over the years to a small city with about 60 flts.
I really hope GK and company prove my predictions wrong.
I still luv me some southwest just in smaller bits.

Flyguy

[Edited 2014-08-01 21:32:11]
my post are my opinion only and not those of southwest airlines and or airtran airlines.

ouboy79

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:34 pm

Quoting wnflyguy (Reply 70):
I really hope GK and company prove my predictions wrong.

My faith in GK proving you wrong is very low. I think at the end of the day he will have wasted years when WN could have grown organically without dealing with the labor issues (that are still growing) of the acquisition. Chances are FL would still be around as a stand alone carrier, but maybe having actually bought out F9 instead of them going to Indigo, and dozens of smaller cities still having LCC service.

The change is evident though. I took 4 flights this past week. None of the classic WN flare on any of them. It felt like I was flying USAir from the 90s. Stuffy, non-approachable FAs, and extremely indifferent ground staff. I can't put the blame on all of them though. GK has been doing a good job destroying the culture of WN, regardless of what he says or the kool-aid drinkers say. The employee survey results make that pretty clear.

WNCrew

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Quoting ouboy79 (Reply 71):
GK has been doing a good job destroying the culture of WN, regardless of what he says or the kool-aid drinkers say. The employee survey results make that pretty clear.

You all can say whatever you want, but MY opinion is that it's LAZY and SAD to blame anyone else for your own lack of work ethic of attitude when you're at work. I started at WN 10yrs ago and were things different? Sure... but I make MORE money, have the same benefits and get treated just as well as I treat others as the day I started. I don't fixate on all of this touchy-feely stuff and carry a sense of entitlement about what things "used to be" because today is TODAY. Herb is gone, Gary is in and that is that. Is he doing a good job? I don't know because I don't do his job and its above my head, I don't pretend to be a CEO whilst pouring my drinks in the galley, I focus on what MY JOB is, and do it well because I'm still being taken care of, I'm not entitled to be showered with glitter and parties and whatever else people want. When I work a trip I'm kind to my fellow coworkers and try to work as a team because it's what's right.. not because of whomever the CEO is. I'm so sick of hearing about leadership... if people would spend half as much time actually doing their jobs as they do complaining about GK or reminiscing about Herb, maybe we WOULD be on time because they be scanning bags or loading them, or checking in pax, or cleaning a plane.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

krod031

Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:42 am

It amazes me that a thread entitled "WN Next Schedule Ex Aug 4. First Post FL Merger" has turned into a bashing about GK, or bring back Herb thread. But this is A.net, so why am i shocked by this?

Quoting WNCrew (Reply 72):
You all can say whatever you want, but MY opinion is that it's LAZY and SAD to blame anyone else for your own lack of work ethic of attitude when you're at work. I started at WN 10yrs ago and were things different? Sure... but I make MORE money, have the same benefits and get treated just as well as I treat others as the day I started. I don't fixate on all of this touchy-feely stuff and carry a sense of entitlement about what things "used to be" because today is TODAY. Herb is gone, Gary is in and that is that. Is he doing a good job? I don't know because I don't do his job and its above my head, I don't pretend to be a CEO whilst pouring my drinks in the galley, I focus on what MY JOB is, and do it well because I'm still being taken care of, I'm not entitled to be showered with glitter and parties and whatever else people want. When I work a trip I'm kind to my fellow coworkers and try to work as a team because it's what's right.. not because of whomever the CEO is. I'm so sick of hearing about leadership... if people would spend half as much time actually doing their jobs as they do complaining about GK or reminiscing about Herb, maybe we WOULD be on time because they be scanning bags or loading them, or checking in pax, or cleaning a plane.

You sir, have said it perfectly.

Cubsrule

Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:46 am

Quoting ouboy79 (Reply 71):
GK has been doing a good job destroying the culture of WN, regardless of what he says or the kool-aid drinkers say. The employee survey results make that pretty clear.

I flew HOU-BNA this week. The inbound (from MAF, I think) was 10 or 15 minutes early. The ops agent stood around for ~30 minutes, then boarded us about 15 minutes before STD. We left 15 minutes late. That never would have happened with "old WN." But I don't know that I can tie that kind of stuff (which is typical now) to GK. It seems to me to be more of an issue of the company growing and new staff not getting it.

ouboy79

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Quoting WNCrew (Reply 72):
You all can say whatever you want, but MY opinion is that it's LAZY and SAD to blame anyone else for your own lack of work ethic of attitude when you're at work.

Honestly, I don't disagree. Which is why I don't complain unless I'm excelling at my position - which I was quarter after quarter until an opportunity arose that allowed me to leave last month.

It would be nice if more people thought like you, because honestly it's mostly dead now. My flights this past week were not typical WN flights and were just...meh. The crews couldn't be bothered to be working - on every flight - and the indifference was noticeable.

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 74):
I flew HOU-BNA this week. The inbound (from MAF, I think) was 10 or 15 minutes early. The ops agent stood around for ~30 minutes, then boarded us about 15 minutes before STD. We left 15 minutes late. That never would have happened with "old WN." But I don't know that I can tie that kind of stuff (which is typical now) to GK. It seems to me to be more of an issue of the company growing and new staff not getting it.

Had something similar. Aircraft was a RON and we still left 10-15 minutes late. I guess they can pad the schedules all they want to combat the terrible on time performance, but it won't make a difference if the crews don't perform better.

MSYtristar

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:39 pm

Getting the RON's out on time (or late) sets the tone for the day. That was a huge deal at every airline I worked with, and rightfully so. The thing is those should be the easiest ones to get out on time as long as something out of your control doesn't pop up. We had issues in ATL with the flight crews arriving late quite a bit because it just took so darn long to get all the way to D. Otherwise, it was our goal to push the RONs early if at all possible. No excuse at all to board a 0600 at 0545/0550 if all personnel are on hand.

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Finally hearing some route predictions.
SJU-HOU goes daily
OMA-LAX goes daily
BOI-LAX
GEG-LAX
PWM-MDW goes daily
MDW-SJU
MDW-SNA returns
MDW-PBI
MDW-RIC
BNA-SJU
IAD-ATL
DSM-DEN

BOI-GEG dropped
CRP station will be closed.

Other odd hard to believe future prediction is PIT maybe actually become the DEN of the east for connecting banks.

As always these are just silly rumors and speculation no inside information from the golden palace.

Flyguy

OzarkD9S

Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Quoting wnflyguy (Reply 78):

Other odd hard to believe future prediction is PIT maybe actually become the DEN of the east for connecting banks.

BWI already serves that function and they've had years to beef up PIT if they wanted too. Agree it's hard to believe.

MDW-RIC

Certainly a useful add to the limited RIC offerings for WN.

IAD-ATL

With all the new F9 ops at IAD, I could see this added. Would offer service to a geographic area not offered by WN out of IAD at the moment (i.e. Florida).

Guess we'll find out tomorrow!
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

mtnwest1979

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:59 pm

BOI-LAX

I saw that the Sat only ns that were run until next week were ok laodwise, but nothing I think to make them daily ( I am assuming that is what is meant). The daily summer only BOI-MDW is one that should become a year around route IMO, seemed to do very well.

BOI-GEG dropped

Well that would be too bad, but not unforseen. One hour flight vs 8 hour drive made it a worthy keep. Plus only air service between S and N Idaho area. Maybe Empire will start BOI-COE again  .
However, WN set it up to fail IMO by the scheduling. One flight originates in BOI and goes BOI-GEG-OAK-XXX, and a second originates in GEG and does GEG-BOI-OAK-xxx. Both flights arrive OAK at the same time. I see in sched starting next week, evening flights end up doing the same thing. By planning on basically only BOI-GEG folks, you certainly aren't going to breakeven on a 143 seat plane. Oh well, have to whittle away until only hub flights are around. Too bad, on many fronts.....
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?

Cubsrule

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:47 am

Quoting usflyguy (Reply 77):
It's no excuse but when the bean counters decide to understaff an airline, these are the results you get... run down crews that are constantly rerouted in to longer days, shorter overnights, and extended trips.

Has WN crew scheduling really changed that much in the last couple of years? None of my friends who work there (pilots or f/as) have said much about things changing, and as a passenger the lack of flights delayed or cancelled due to crew (rest in particular, but also late arrivals) as compared to legacies and regionals remains noticeable. Certainly, there are still many very short crew days (2-3 flights, 5-6 hours of flying time).

WNCrew

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:55 am

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 81):
Has WN crew scheduling really changed that much in the last couple of years?

I will side with the "complainers" on this one and say that it has, but I won't blame in on Gary... that's just ridiculous. Herb wouldn't swoop in and fix it were he here either. It's because WN has FINALLY started being pulled kicking and screaming into the 21st century in so many ways and we're suffering the consequences in the form of "growing pains". Everyone else had a lot of our scheduling "issues" figured out 15 yrs ago while we still tried to make a 15-20min turn work even though things like Minimum Crew and other issues were already in affect across the industry and realistic work/safety, and performance expectations should've already been in place. Now that they ARE people are freaking out like it's all *NEW*... it's just we were behind in a lot of ways.

The people who will stifle our success are those who continue to dig their heels into the 90's and gripe gripe gripe about what is no longer. They need to get with it, embrace what the new initiatives are and DO IT with the OLD way of putting your heart into it. THAT is what should still be here, work ethic and dedication, not entitlement. Look at AS employees, they get it, they're onboard with managements' initiatives (JD Power much?!) The same can be said with DL employees and their newfound success and even to an extent B6!

*I apologize for derailing this thread.. that wasn't my intention*
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

joeljack

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:46 am

Finally hearing some route predictions.
SJU-HOU goes daily
OMA-LAX goes daily
BOI-LAX
GEG-LAX
PWM-MDW goes daily
MDW-SJU
MDW-SNA returns
MDW-PBI
MDW-RIC
BNA-SJU
IAD-ATL
DSM-DEN

The schedule extension is only January-March. Doesn't seem like WN would start several of these routes in January. For example, I heard the OMA-LAX daily flight that WN ran this summer for 2 months was successful and might come back as daily year-round. I just wouldn't start it in January. I would start it beginning in March with Jan-Feb probably being the two slowest months on this route. I also heard that OMA-BWI might be in the cards too. Maybe a through routing BWI-OMA-LAX?

flyiguy

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:16 am

IAD - ATL would greatly help since we lost Airtran and we have no south flights, only MDW, DEN and soon LAS & SAN in November.

FLY
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

usflyguy

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:38 am

DAL-SFO has been added starting Jan. 6.
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

sdoyon

Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Quoting usflyguy (Reply 84):
DAL-SFO has been added starting Jan. 6.

OAK also got 1 r/t added. VX's one monopoly route out of DAL will last all of ~3 months.

usflyguy

Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:00 pm

and DAL-LGA is going from 3x to 5x with MKE and ATL each losing a frequency.

Mexicana757

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Quoting wnflyguy (Reply 77):
PWM-MDW goes daily
MDW-SJU
MDW-SNA returns
MDW-PBI
MDW-RIC

Here I was hoping to see at least one of those route predictions come true. Looks like no new routes for MDW on this schedule extension. MDW-CUN won't be operated 2x daily this winter. MDW-CUN, MBJ and PUJ get upgauged to daily 738.

SANFan

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:54 pm

Bill Owens has issued his blog recap of the schedule extension:
http://www.blogsouthwest.com/southwe...y-2015-schedule-now-open-for-sale/

Quote:
"You’ll also notice the annual, seasonal additions such as the return of nonstop service between Baltimore and Oakland, between Ft. Lauderdale and Phoenix, and between Nashville and Ft. Myers. We’ll also seasonally eliminate service in five markets, such as between Albany and Las Vegas and between Phoenix and Raleigh/Durham. Details on all of these market additions and eliminations are listed below.

In the continuing evolution of “All You Need Is LUV” we’ll keep building our North Texas powerhouse in January by adding new nonstop service between Dallas Love Field and Northern California! We’ll add a daily roundtrip between Love and both San Francisco and Oakland. Southwest will also add two additional daily roundtrips between Love Field and New York/LaGuardia, for a total of five daily nonstops. In fact, the January Schedule has 153 daily Southwest departures from the New Love Field—the largest number in memory."

And there is a recap chart of major changes:
http://www.blogsouthwest.com/wp-cont...nt/uploads/2014/08/listed-here.pdf

bb

[Edited 2014-08-04 08:59:01]

usflyguy

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Yep, just the annual 1Q flight reductions and what appears to be a meaningful attempt at rectifying the OTP issue. Thankfully!

wnflyguy
Topic Author

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:38 pm

This schedule should be called the great ground time addition schedule.
Ten min turns not at GK southwest.
I kid but seriously this is scheduled is heavily focused on OTP improvements.
For the the sake of start strong finish really delayed I hope this fixes the OTP.
Flyguy

enilria

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:04 pm

Quoting SANFan (Reply 88):
In the continuing evolution of “All You Need Is LUV” we’ll keep building our North Texas powerhouse in January by adding new nonstop service between Dallas Love Field and Northern California! We’ll add a daily roundtrip between Love and both San Francisco and Oakland. Southwest will also add two additional daily roundtrips between Love Field and New York/LaGuardia, for a total of five daily nonstops. In fact, the January Schedule has 153 daily Southwest departures from the New Love Field—the largest number in memory."

Gosh, I don't suppose this is a reaction...

enilria

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:06 pm

Quoting SANFan (Reply 88):
And there is a recap chart of major changes:
http://www.blogsouthwest.com/wp-cont...e.pdf

"Buffal-Ft. Myers"

Is Buffal in Serbia?  

SANFan

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:54 pm

Quoting enilria (Reply 91):
Gosh, I don't suppose this is a reaction...

To whom could you possibly mean?  

Actually I wondered if WN might even throw a SJC-DAL flight in the mix just to really blanket the Bay Area. But, no, they didn't go that far... maybe in the summer?

bb

ERJ170

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:06 pm

So, WN is seasonally discontinuing RDU-PHX.. much like it did with RDU-LAS and RDU-FLL..

I'm not feeling much LUV in the Triangle.. or either PHX just doesn't offer much to the Triangle because that was the only daily flight..

In fact, WN hasn't shown RDU very much LUV in a while.. no additions.. only subtractions.. Oh well. Guess it's time to turn to DL again..
Aiming High and going far..

rj777

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:35 pm

Anything new/changing out of MKE? (Aside from the AirTran birds slowly disappearing?)

OzarkD9S

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Quoting rj777 (Reply 95):

Anything new/changing out of MKE? (Aside from the AirTran birds slowly disappearing?)

No news may be good news at MKE. "It is what it is" at WN, much like STL was described a few years back by WN.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

knope2001

Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:53 pm

At MKE compared to last January/February there's more Florida flying...a second FLL and fourth MCO. On the flip side MKE lost one of four LGA flights and one of three BWI flights. Both markets are relatively empty in the dead of winter. It would hardly surprise me to see the lost BWI flight come back when demand returns and weather warns but I suspect the LGA slot pair might be reassigned for good. MKE will still have 8x to LGA between WN and DL so not catastrophic.

With the new schedule I count 580 Florida nonstops in Jan/Feb which is about 100 more than last year at the same time. Good to see growth in that area. They are also living up some former FL flying to Punta Cana and Montego Bay on top of Cancun. Frontier and Aero Mexico also appear to be taking up some of the slack in sun package markets AirTran used to operate but I don't know what direction it will be net. New Orleans nonstop is back but only on Saturdays.

INFINITI329

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Quoting usflyguy (Reply 86):
and DAL-LGA is going from 3x to 5x with MKE and ATL each losing a frequency.

DL must be applauding this.. one less frequency to compete with lga-atl

SANFan

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 pm

I'm happy to see that SAN has 11 more flights (95 daily departures) on this new schedule than the Jan/Feb 2014 schedule! Ten of those are new (year-round) flights to new destinations begun since this last April and one is an added frequency to an existing route. That's about a 12% increase in departures y-o-y!

WN continues to impress here in San Diego with this very healthy growth spurt in 2014!

bb

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos