That is a nice little introduction to the C-series, once one realizes to click on the numbers (01----02, etc.) at the bottom of the screen.
Hey, I'm home sick (actually quite sick...), so pardon if I'm not up 'to my usual standards.' Items worth noting:
1. Airlines are sticking with the wider middle seat. I love this! When I travel with my daughters, I sit in the middle seat usually.
2. One carryon space per passenger (I couldn't help but not a wee bit narrower carryons than I'm seeing today though...). At least a good try.
3. Nice leather, although I *wish* airlines would find out whomever BMW bought their circa 1999 "pleather" from; the "pleather" breaths better than natural leather and I'm *hard* on car interiors, yet it held up for me for a decade+ with 237,000 miles (381km) with many ski trips (coldest night -21F/-28C) and many summer months at Palmdale with 118F+/(48C) (I was working flight test at the time). But I'm all in favor of easy cleaning.
4. I like the selling of the fuel efficiency (I'm starting to hear rumors of a PIP on the *high* spool and maybe, but not sure, on the low turbine. Unfortunately, the PW1000/P800 hasn't sold well enough for any one model for a good low spool PIP. Thus, improvements will have to be on the common parts (high spool) to justify the investment. However, low turbine technology has "moved forward" since the PW1500G was designed enough that could be worth the PIP (about half the new low turbine technology is in the PW1100G, part of what 'motivated' Pratt to develop the technology. The other half must wait for the new casing of the PW1100G.) Note: I am *not* hearing any hing of a new casing for the PW1500G, so it will not be the level of low turbine PIP the PW1100G will receive.
5. The 4X reduced noise footprint is a big deal. I often Kayak in Huntington harbor and that well to do area does not like the noise from LGB airport. However, the C-series will barely make noise (now all we need is an operator of the type to start service at LGB...) Hey, I'll admit I'm being "Southern California Centric" as this will help SNA, SAN, LGB, and maybe even BUR... (LAX just buys up everything in the landing path...)
A bit more on the PW1100G PIP which "in principle" can be brought to the C-series (PW1500G).https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... ne-396062/
Winter is coming.