Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
CRJ900X
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:47 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:13 am

With only a few days left before the end of the month, any idea if any CS100/300's will be delivered in January?
 
CXH
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:37 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Does anybody know what has happened to airBaltic's first CS300 YL-CSA? It hasn't flown in the last five days at least:
https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/yl-csa
https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/yl-csb

YL-CSB has been flying 2 to 6 segments a day. It was delivered on 01Jan2017, while YL-CSA was delivered 28Nov2016, but didn't enter commercial service until 14Dec2016.

Interestingly, SWISS now has five CS100s, and all are flying nearly everyday. Most are flying 6 segments a day, with some doing 7 segments (overnighting somewhere besides ZRH)
https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/hb-jba
(registration is JBA , JBB, ... JBE)
https://www.flightradar24.com/reg/hb-jbe

It appears that airBaltic's average flight length is longer, so they mostly do 4 per day vs 6 for SWISS.
I've seen the future, I can't afford it. - Martin Fry
 
CRJ900
Posts: 2392
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:48 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:38 am

Maybe YL-CSA is having an extended A or B check? Being the first CS300 in revenue service, the aircraft may be scrutinized more thoroughly to see if anything has more wear than they anticipated.

YL-CSB is doing three-hour flights to BCN, they are increasing stage lenghts carefully. I assume the six-hour nonstop RIX-LPA/TFS will be in place when next winter season starts.
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me
 
Tominjsh
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Could be lack of pilots for CS300, as we have some flu epidemic here.
Lack of pilots could be reason also for only 4 segments a day. I think they could add two more short segments daily for CS
 
CXH
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:37 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 am

Well, two more days, YL-CSB is still flying daily, YL-CSA is still not flying.

I doubt an A or B check on an aircraft that was delivered on 28Nov, but who knows. I did watch the initial few weeks usage of the first few SWISS CS100, and the most I saw one specific aircraft not flying was 48 hours.

Lack of pilots or sickness among the few trained pilots would be a possible explanation. Or I wonder it there is a technical problem on YL-CSA they haven't fixed yet?
I've seen the future, I can't afford it. - Martin Fry
 
User avatar
DL757NYC
Posts: 309
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:07 am

Re: RE: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 5)

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:08 pm

planemaker wrote:
Quoting DTWPurserBoy (Reply 10):The MD88 seats about 150.
The interesting question is when will DL replace the 88s (the 90s might have another +10 years to run). A big chunk of the fleet is fully paid for (I believe they own ~70 and lease ~45) and DL is updating all the 88 & 90 cockpits to look like this...
.

.
... plus DL has a HUGE and CHEAP MD parts bin... so there is no reason pressing need to re-fleet, especially if Pilarski is anywhere near right with his fuel bet.  



I thought this plan was cancelled
 
psychostang
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:26 pm

MD88's are being retired, starting this June. Will be gone by 2020. MD90's will be still be around for awhile. There are no updates scheduled at this time. First A320 retirement is end of March.
 
airnorth
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:30 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:49 am

CXH wrote:
Well, two more days, YL-CSB is still flying daily, YL-CSA is still not flying.

I doubt an A or B check on an aircraft that was delivered on 28Nov, but who knows. I did watch the initial few weeks usage of the first few SWISS CS100, and the most I saw one specific aircraft not flying was 48 hours.

Lack of pilots or sickness among the few trained pilots would be a possible explanation. Or I wonder it there is a technical problem on YL-CSA they haven't fixed yet?


I see Flightradar24 is showing YL-CSA is in the air right now, looks to be on a test flight, a short loop around Latvia. Would be interesting to know what the issue is.
 
Boeingphan
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:29 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:34 pm

airnorth wrote:
CXH wrote:
Well, two more days, YL-CSB is still flying daily, YL-CSA is still not flying.

I doubt an A or B check on an aircraft that was delivered on 28Nov, but who knows. I did watch the initial few weeks usage of the first few SWISS CS100, and the most I saw one specific aircraft not flying was 48 hours.

Lack of pilots or sickness among the few trained pilots would be a possible explanation. Or I wonder it there is a technical problem on YL-CSA they haven't fixed yet?


I see Flightradar24 is showing YL-CSA is in the air right now, looks to be on a test flight, a short loop around Latvia. Would be interesting to know what the issue is.


Wonder if this could have something to do with the PW1100 engine. They have had a spate of failures (Spirit replaced 2 already) and this might explain a 5 day downtime .
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:40 pm

Boeingphan wrote:
They have had a spate of failures (Spirit replaced 2 already)


Kinda odd how people call 2 engine replacements "a spate of failures".
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
CRJ900
Posts: 2392
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:48 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:50 pm

YL-CSA is back in revenue service, as we speak it is operating flight BT619 RIX-AMS and has one hour left before landing at AMS.

We can't blame BBD for not taking any chances if issues arise and keeping the aircraft on the ground until they are satisfied that the issue is fixed - it's a multi-million dollar piece of machinery that is supposed to fly for 20-30 years. I guess they were halting further deliveries until YL-CSA flies again, and they will probably deliver several aircraft in February if swiss and airBaltic agree.
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me
 
User avatar
FL990
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:52 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:39 pm

Boeingphan wrote:
airnorth wrote:
CXH wrote:
Well, two more days, YL-CSB is still flying daily, YL-CSA is still not flying.

I doubt an A or B check on an aircraft that was delivered on 28Nov, but who knows. I did watch the initial few weeks usage of the first few SWISS CS100, and the most I saw one specific aircraft not flying was 48 hours.

Lack of pilots or sickness among the few trained pilots would be a possible explanation. Or I wonder it there is a technical problem on YL-CSA they haven't fixed yet?


I see Flightradar24 is showing YL-CSA is in the air right now, looks to be on a test flight, a short loop around Latvia. Would be interesting to know what the issue is.


Wonder if this could have something to do with the PW1100 engine. They have had a spate of failures (Spirit replaced 2 already) and this might explain a 5 day downtime .


A guy on one Latvian aviation forum posted that a reason for YL-CSA downtime was "A preventive engine change".
 
Boeingphan
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:29 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:37 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
Boeingphan wrote:
They have had a spate of failures (Spirit replaced 2 already)


Kinda odd how people call 2 engine replacements "a spate of failures".


Didn't LH have an issue 2 weeks back as well? 2 new engines for one small fleet of NEO's would be a bit of an issue, no??
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:10 pm

Boeingphan wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:
Boeingphan wrote:
They have had a spate of failures (Spirit replaced 2 already)


Kinda odd how people call 2 engine replacements "a spate of failures".


Didn't LH have an issue 2 weeks back as well? 2 new engines for one small fleet of NEO's would be a bit of an issue, no??


The LH aircraft suffered a runway excursion. Not sure what that got to do with the engine.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
Boeingphan
Posts: 232
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:29 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:08 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
Boeingphan wrote:
KarelXWB wrote:

Kinda odd how people call 2 engine replacements "a spate of failures".


Didn't LH have an issue 2 weeks back as well? 2 new engines for one small fleet of NEO's would be a bit of an issue, no??


The LH aircraft suffered a runway excursion. Not sure what that got to do with the engine.


I must have been mixing it up. Was it an Indigo PW issue?
 
Nicoeddf
Posts: 1067
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:13 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:15 pm

Seriously people, there is room for improvement and maturity with the PW engine. But it's a bit overblown... :)
Enslave yourself to the divine disguised as salvation
that your bought with your sacrifice
Deception justified for your holy design
High on our platform spewing out your crimes
from the altar of god
 
User avatar
nikeson13
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:35 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:45 pm

ETOPS testing going well so far, C-FFDO has been doing several proving flights.
1/30 ICT-ANC
1/31 ANC-YOW
2/1 YOW-SFO
2/2 SFO-PTY
2/3 PTY-ICT

And these flights haven't been that direct, rather a good amount of detouring for more flight time. For example, SFO-PTY flew near MSY, then cut down to Panama to give it a flight time of 6:52. All the flights have been between 6.5 and 7 hours, pretty good if you ask me.
Nikolas
 
User avatar
aerolimani
Posts: 1323
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:34 pm

nikeson13 wrote:
ETOPS testing going well so far, C-FFDO has been doing several proving flights.
1/30 ICT-ANC
1/31 ANC-YOW
2/1 YOW-SFO
2/2 SFO-PTY
2/3 PTY-ICT

And these flights haven't been that direct, rather a good amount of detouring for more flight time. For example, SFO-PTY flew near MSY, then cut down to Panama to give it a flight time of 6:52. All the flights have been between 6.5 and 7 hours, pretty good if you ask me.

For ETOPS test flights like these, would they add ballast to the plane, to simulate passenger/baggage loads?
 
golfradio
Posts: 920
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:00 am

CS300 pilot's report by Fred George at aviationweek. He flew C-FFDO while it was performing ETOPS certification tests.

http://aviationweek.com/aviation-week-space-technology/pilot-report-bombardier-s-c-series-sets-new-standard

A very interesting read.
CSeries forever. Bring back the old site.
 
fbeaulie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Paolo92 wrote:
an actual photo of 50007 in the FAL


A recent one (February 3, 2017)

http://www.abcdlist.nl/photo/cs/50007.html
 
yyztpa
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:10 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:09 am

fbeaulie wrote:
Paolo92 wrote:
an actual photo of 50007 in the FAL


A recent one (February 3, 2017)

http://www.abcdlist.nl/photo/cs/50007.html

No evidence but safe to assume the other two are 50008 and 50009.
 
wrongwayup
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:30 pm

aerolimani wrote:
For ETOPS test flights like these, would they add ballast to the plane, to simulate passenger/baggage loads?


No need. ETOPS testing is about systems, not structure - and the flights will be run at a pretty high weight anyhow, as the tanks are topped off for the long flights.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:40 pm

fbeaulie wrote:
Paolo92 wrote:
an actual photo of 50007 in the FAL


A recent one (February 3, 2017)

http://www.abcdlist.nl/photo/cs/50007.html


Nice find!
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
runway23
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:12 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Anyone know when the first CS300 for LX is supposed to come out of the FAL ?
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Swiss' next CS100 (C/N 50015, HB-JBF) seen in Montreal last week:

Image
Swiss C-FOYA Bombardier CS100 IMG_8006 by Steve Nardini, on Flickr

Image
Swiss C-FOYA Bombardier CS100 IMG_8048 by Steve Nardini, on Flickr
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:53 pm

We should see Swiss' first CS300 aircraft pretty soon:

SWISS is moving forward CS300 first flight to May 2017, Geneva to London Heathrow


https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 0109272065
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
User avatar
nikeson13
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:35 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:34 am

KarelXWB wrote:
We should see Swiss' first CS300 aircraft pretty soon:

SWISS is moving forward CS300 first flight to May 2017, Geneva to London Heathrow


https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 0109272065

So maybe rollout in April, delivery late April/May? We'll see a few more AirBaltic deliveries, and probably the 1st for Korean Air before that too. Will hopefully be an exciting first half of the year.
Nikolas
 
CRJ900
Posts: 2392
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:48 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Nice to see SWISS taking the CSeries as soon as they can, bodes well for them being satisfied with the aircraft.

Are BBD/SWISS pushing ahead with getting the CS100 certified for LCY ops or is that on the backburner for now? Any chance the SWISS CS100 will be used as a "LCY specialist" by LH Group eventually and serve all destinations, like ZRH-LCY-FRA/VIE/BRU/MUC/GVA? With 125 seats they might sell a few Y seats for tourists as well as catering to the business traveller market...
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me
 
DUSZRH
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:17 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:07 am

C-FOYA had her first flight yesterday!
 
N837MH
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:23 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:30 pm

Hello~!! I'm Korean Aviation Spotter, N837MH.
Korean Air CS300's Delay for Delivery.
Each Delay for 2 months.
In 2017, Korean Air Delivery 6 CS300 Aircraft
August, September, October, November, December, December.
In 2018, Korean Air Delivery 4 CS300 Aircraft.
January, February, February, April.
Korean Air 1st, 2nd, 3rd is already start Assembly.
If you want Korean Air CS300's picture, please contact Howon Eric Peter Seo at Facebook.
Thank you
Cheers!!
From Korea
N837MH
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:50 am

I suppose the delay is related to late P&W deliveries.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
fbeaulie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:12 pm

DUSZRH wrote:
C-FOYA had her first flight yesterday!


First flight was Wednesday (February 8).

https://twitter.com/fbeaulie99/status/8 ... 3275199489
 
Jetsouth
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Does anyone know how many CS Jets are going to be delivered in 2017, and to what airlines? Presumably deliveries will continue for AirBaltic, Swiss, and start for Korean. Will any other airlines start receiving the jet in 2017?
 
User avatar
Paolo92
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:48 pm

Jetsouth wrote:
Does anyone know how many CS Jets are going to be delivered in 2017, and to what airlines? Presumably deliveries will continue for AirBaltic, Swiss, and start for Korean. Will any other airlines start receiving the jet in 2017?

From this end-2016 Flightglobal article: Bombardier meets goal of seven CSeries deliveries in 2016
Bombardier anticipates producing 30 to 35 CSeries in 2017, with production increasing to between 90 and 120 CSeries by 2020, the company said in December.
Each evening, stars come out their daylight hiding places... But one of those, will be my wingtip, passing over...
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Air Canada has some positive words to share on the CS300:

Air Canada's CS300s could enable broad network changes
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
hkcanadaexpat
Posts: 4086
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:07 am

As per Delta's 10-K released today, DL will receive 15x CS100 in 2018 and 25x CS100 in 2019.
 
User avatar
Paolo92
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:47 pm

A few screenshots from the FAL, from this Monocle - Future of Travel video uploaded February 3rd.
We can see CS100 c/n 50019 and CS300 c/n 55009 with CS300 c/n 55011 behind (and I would assume 55010 at the nearby station, which supposedly goes to Swiss for a May 2017 delivery). Plus more fuselage sections at the very end of the FAL building.

Image

Image

Image

Quick P.S: must be December shots as 50019 was seen paked on the ramp at the beginning of January (stored/awaiting for engines and final assembly) and in this video still seen without doors.
https://flic.kr/p/QNLMuk
Each evening, stars come out their daylight hiding places... But one of those, will be my wingtip, passing over...
 
fbeaulie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:30 pm

"British Airways owner 'lined up to buy' C Series jets from Bombardier"

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/busin ... 47950.html

It started with a rumor: https://twitter.com/Michaelkelly707/sta ... 2277793792

Just hope that the end result will not be: "Hi British Airways. Airbus speaking, We have a couple of almost-free A319neo if you are interested..."
 
User avatar
aerolimani
Posts: 1323
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:38 pm

fbeaulie wrote:
"British Airways owner 'lined up to buy' C Series jets from Bombardier"
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/busin ... 47950.html


From the article:
Bombardier has already received $1bn in funding from the regional government in Quebec, where the company is based.

Regional government? Funny. It makes it sound like some sort of little local municipal government. Meanwhile, the entire island of Ireland could fit inside Quebec twenty times.
 
User avatar
Quantos
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:50 pm

aerolimani wrote:
fbeaulie wrote:
"British Airways owner 'lined up to buy' C Series jets from Bombardier"
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/busin ... 47950.html


From the article:
Bombardier has already received $1bn in funding from the regional government in Quebec, where the company is based.

Regional government? Funny. It makes it sound like some sort of little local municipal government. Meanwhile, the entire island of Ireland could fit inside Quebec twenty times.


Ha, that's pretty funny! To be fair size can be deceptive - a large majority of our territory consists of forests, black flies, lakes, and electricity pylons. :)
Quantos,

I maintain the Airbus A220 (formerly Bombardier C Series) Aircraft Status sheet: https://goo.gl/HZshto
Feel free to comment on the sheet with any improvement suggestions and data update requests! Thanks to Paolo92 for his advice!
 
diverted
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:06 pm

^ Don't forget tundra :P
 
CXH
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:37 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Sylvain Faust has an update on his usual website:
http://www.fliegerfaust.com/cseries-del ... 70494.html

From past experience, I often find his estimates and insider information to be overly optimistic and BBD-fan boyish, but still a decent source: (from today, Feb 20)

- SWISS 6th CSeries 50015 CS100 is ready to go, tomorrow Feb 21 is client acceptance flight.
- SWISS 7th CSeries 50016 CS100 will be doing its First Flight (pre-delivery) by Wednesday Feb 22.
- airBaltic 3rd CSeries 55005 CS300 is now out of the paint shop, engines installed! ;-)
- SWISS 8th CSeries 50017 CS100 entering the pain shop today…

I left the typos as they were. :-)
I've seen the future, I can't afford it. - Martin Fry
 
 
User avatar
KarelXWB
Posts: 26968
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:01 am

CXH wrote:
Sylvain Faust has an update on his usual website:
http://www.fliegerfaust.com/cseries-del ... 70494.html

...


And from the same article:

CSeries steep approach certification is going very well. That will allow airlines like SWISS to land at airports such as London City. CSeries FTV2 50002 (long time no see for me) should be showing the world its steep approach capabilities when it comes for multiple landings at London City airport starting around March 20.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.
 
Jetsouth
Posts: 369
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:03 pm

What is the next airline to receive delivery of the CSeries jet after Swiss, AirBaltic and Korean?
 
User avatar
Paolo92
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:10 pm

KarelXWB wrote:
CXH wrote:
Sylvain Faust has an update on his usual website:
http://www.fliegerfaust.com/cseries-del ... 70494.html

...


And from the same article:

CSeries steep approach certification is going very well. That will allow airlines like SWISS to land at airports such as London City. CSeries FTV2 50002 (long time no see for me) should be showing the world its steep approach capabilities when it comes for multiple landings at London City airport starting around March 20.

That's interesting, finally the expected LCY certification is coming. Swiss is going to be the first to take advantage of that.
The testing was originally planned for November 2016: Bombardier to validate CS100 at London City 'in coming weeks' [FlightGlobal - OCT16.
Each evening, stars come out their daylight hiding places... But one of those, will be my wingtip, passing over...
 
runway23
Posts: 2337
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:12 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Paolo92 wrote:
That's interesting, finally the expected LCY certification is coming. Swiss is going to be the first to take advantage of that.
The testing was originally planned for November 2016: Bombardier to validate CS100 at London City 'in coming weeks' [FlightGlobal - OCT16.


Can't come early enough for Swiss. With LCY banning RJ-100s from end of March, Swiss are forced to have Helvetic operate all their flights to LCY with E190s until the CS100s are certified for LCY.
 
phofmannsair
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:28 am

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Banning RJ100?
Why? What's the reason behind this?
 
Bostrom
Posts: 1019
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:12 pm

phofmannsair wrote:
Banning RJ100?
Why? What's the reason behind this?


It seems like noise is the reason.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 035673.pdf (See page 19).
 
fbeaulie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Re: CSeries - Flight Testing And Production Thread (Part 2)

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Page 17:

"The scheme would also share the benefits of noise reduction in accordance with policy, given that it would enable the introduction of a much greater proportion of ‘next generation’ quieter aircraft, in particular the Canadair CS100 and Embraer E280."

"Canadair" CS100... :-)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos