Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

usflyguy
Topic Author

US Flt. 738 PHL-LIS Woman Arrested

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:27 pm

I think the video will speak for itself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkrzWeslwk
My post is my ideas and my opinions only, I do not represent the ideas or opinions of anyone else or company.

wjcandee

RE: US Flt. 738 PHL-LIS Woman Arrested

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Awesome!

You know, when these things hit the media or later when she's in front of the judge, it's always, "I didn't do anything wrong!!!" The refrain of the obnoxiously-intoxicated.

And the media and the courts miss the thing that was painfully obvious in the video: this kind of conduct affects other people. So sorry for that little girl who had to keep her "earmuffs" on while this dumb, entitled loser ruined the start of what surely was to be a special trip for that little girl.

Whether the Perp did anything "wrong" or not initially, she certainly did something wrong by: (1) refusing to leave when asked to do so; and (2) resisting arrest. I don't know why people nowadays think that they can debate the propriety of their arrest with the arresting officer. You're under arrest. It isn't debateable, at least at this point. Resist physically, and the cops are privileged to use significant force to bring you into custody.

At least she wasn't a biter.

The cursing, the resisting, the debating, the stupid accusations, the "I didn't do anything wrong" whine, are all things I have seen in the stupidly-intoxicated, so I'm guessing that was what was really going on.

maxamuus

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:16 pm

I am not sure, but i think i have assisted that woman before, maybe it was her sister.  

wjcandee

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:02 am

Remarkably, no charges were filed against this dimwit.

The police "believe she was having an anxiety attack" and was taken to the hospital for "evaluation". Uh-huh.

Did they see the video?

Usually, the person having the anxiety attack wants OFF the plane. This one was just the opposite.

Looooooony.

I guess the airline just wants to get her off the plane and not have to deal with her again. If people aren't punished for acting like this, it just encourages them next time. Sad.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...hilly-International-269904661.html

steeler83

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:19 am

Wow... must have just happened...

Eh... perhaps she's a disgruntled Phillies fan and not going to Brazil was the final straw...?  

What an idiot though. So you're on the wrong flight. That's your own problem. Shut the hell up and deal with it. If that was an anxiety attack, then I'm the Prime Minister of Ireland. If anything, I'd say she was beyond intoxicated. Her surly speech was also, well, slurry...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

prosa

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:24 am

The funniest part of the video is near the end, where a little girl covers her ears to shut out all the bellowing  
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

RWA380

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:37 am

Quoting usflyguy (Thread starter):

I think the video will speak for itself

I'm betting there is far more to her situation than that video captures, to my unprofessional but experienced eye, it looks like underlying mental issues, coupled with alcohol or other intoxicants.

I do hope that little girl gets a special surprise on her trip, I'm sure it's scary for her, her parents will have had to have the conversation with her by that age. All kids learn that random stuff happens, and not everyone is the same mentally. It's just sad for everyone involved.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

steeler83

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:37 am

Quoting prosa (Reply 5):
The funniest part of the video is near the end, where a little girl covers her ears to shut out all the bellowing  

Yeah, the look on that girl's face says it all... "Um... is this really happening? Seriously? Okay..."
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

American 767

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:39 am

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 4):
So you're on the wrong flight.

How could you end up on the wrong flight with all the technology that we have in our days? When you board the plane, don't you have to give your boarding pass to the agent at the gate so that he or she scans it and your name appears on a small screen? How can she board this plane believing she is going to Brazil instead of Portugal? That's beyond me.
Ben Soriano

tharanga

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:53 am

Quoting American 767 (Reply 8):
How could you end up on the wrong flight with all the technology that we have in our days?

I don't see anything in the article to suggest she was on the wrong flight. She was just screaming about going to Brazil and Portugal for unexplained reasons.

But in any case, it happens. This year I've been on a flight where somebody boarded the wrong flight, and it was only realized when somebody else came with the same seat assignment.

lpdal

Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:20 am

I'm always waiting for the day that I happen to take a daytrip and this sort of thing happens. We already had a few people arrested out of FLL, most recently on a US FLL-CLT flight...Would be interesting trip report material if anything...

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 4):

Prime Minister of Ireland? That have me a real hoot. Thanks.  

-LPDAL
TWU represented. All of my views and posted content are mine alone, and should not be viewed as official communication from my employer, its subsidiaries thereof, or any other entities or airlines.

wjcandee

Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Reminds me of this video from a couple of years ago. Vegas Metro Police give up on cuffing the woman and just wrestle her off uncuffed. Passengers laugh when she starts yelling "Help Me!!!" as the police reach in to pull her out of the window seat (why are they always in the window seat?). Passengers applaud as she is wrestled towards the front of the plane, and start singing "Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goo-ood bye!"

Actually, the Philly police took better charge of the situation and positioned themselves to more effectively restrain the lady above than did the Vegas folks in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLecmaAZax4

JAAlbert

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:41 pm

Quoting wjcandee (Reply 11):
Passengers applaud as she is wrestled towards the front of the plane, and start singing "Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goo-ood bye!"

In the case of the Philly situation, I don't see how clapping and laughing at the woman is called for.

These incidents are unnerving and stressful, but we really don't know have enough information to decide whether it's drugs, alcohol, mental illness, or anything else. I think it best that the person be removed from the plane, the situation evaluated for any criminal intent in an appropriate location in the terminal, and the rest of us withholding judgment and condemnation.

wjcandee

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Right or wrong, people were clapping because the person was delaying and annoying them, acting in a manner disapproved of by most people, who are usually forced to just sit and take it.

runway23

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:11 pm

This still falls short of the guy on Air Canada a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbH52JSJ9r8

steeler83

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:49 am

How could you end up on the wrong flight with all the technology that we have in our days? When you board the plane, don't you have to give your boarding pass to the agent at the gate so that he or she scans it and your name appears on a small screen? How can she board this plane believing she is going to Brazil instead of Portugal? That's beyond me.

Hmm, you do have a point. They do scan boarding passes as you board the plane. The F/A/gate agents even say prior to the boarding process "I would like to welcome you aboard xyz airline flight xxx providing N/S service to [bla-bla-bla]. We will begin the boarding process in just a few minutes, yadda yadda yadda..."

That right then and there should have been a tip off that hey, she's on the wrong flight... Maybe her flight to Brazil was at a different gate, or maybe the one immediately following this flight. Whatever the case, you're right that she should not have be able to board this plane whatsoever if this was the wrong flight...

travaz

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:09 am

Isn't the language of Brazil Portuguese? Maybe that is why she was confused. The news report said there was 119 pax on the 757-200. That's not real good?

airportugal310

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:24 am

Quoting travaz (Reply 16):
sn't the language of Brazil Portuguese? Maybe that is why she was confused. The news report said there was 119 pax on the 757-200. That's not real good?

Not good for August, but maybe many mis-connected (flight was delayed originally...don't know why)
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

Rafabozzolla

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:08 am

That's why I don't fly Y anymore!!! LOL

RyanairGuru

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:17 am

Quoting Rafabozzolla (Reply 18):
That's why I don't fly Y anymore!!!

As well as being mildly elitist, there is no basis to this. My sister is at BA, and the only time she has ever offloaded a passenger they were in J. The flight had been delayed for several hours, and by any account he had used that time wisely chugging as much free alcohol as he could in the lounge. Flying in J doesn't protect you from idiots.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

Pyrex

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:47 am

How could you end up on the wrong flight with all the technology that we have in our days? When you board the plane, don't you have to give your boarding pass to the agent at the gate so that he or she scans it and your name appears on a small screen?

Happened to me 5 years ago, at Newark. My inbound flight was 3 hours late and by the time I arrived in EWR my flight to Lisbon (coincidentally) was supposed to depart in 5 minutes. I ran as fast as I could to the gate originally printed in my boarding pass and waved and yelled at them not to close the gate, as I saw they were about to do. They quickly scanned my boarding pass and rushed me in, but told me to wait inside the access stairs for another passenger that was running late as well. As that person walks through I notice that I knew the guy - he was on the same inbound plane as me and I had been chatting with him long enough to know he was going to Madrid... CO had changed the flight to Lisbon to a different gate but almost sent me to the wrong destination. Ended up losing that flight.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

wjcandee

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:34 am

Just for clarification, this woman wasn't on the wrong plane.

After all, she was refusing to get off, and they asked her to get off not because she wasn't supposed to be on the plane but because when on the plane she was supposed to be on, she was acting out and scaring/annoying the other passengers.

The comment about we are going to Portugal not Brazil was just another of many idiotic statements that flowed from her mouth during that video.

And it still looks more like a "Drunk Attack" to me than an "anxiety attack", unless the assertion was that she was feeling anxious and over-"medicated" with alcohol.

And whatever meds she was on. Or should have been on.

A Southwest one just for fun, this one doing an air-return to Islip after a dude is acting out and makes some reference to a gun. Apparently, Suffolk County cops don't play. "Don't make me come get you. Come here. Now." They're controlled, but I wouldn't have wanted to be him if I made a sudden move. I also like how the same cop says to the applauding passengers after the other cops have departed with the arrestee, "I'm going with you." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiI_4xvfHpM

bchandl

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:44 am

Quoting wjcandee (Reply 3):
The police "believe she was having an anxiety attack" and was taken to the hospital for "evaluation". Uh-huh.

Anxiety Attack is just PC speak for mental issues. That was no anxiety attack. She was either insanely intoxicated or has mental health issues.

She without a doubt was placed on a psychiatric hold.

bchandl

ltbewr

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:53 am

Sadly we are seeing many more incidents like this with air flights and strong reactions to them by other passengers and law enforcement especially since 9/11/01 for justifiable reasons.
Such behaviors delay or cause diversions of flights way too often, costing airlines significant amounts of money and to passengers delays in their travels with possible additional costs in money and anxiety.
We also here a lot more of these incidents due to high speed Wi-Fi internet services, smartphones, social media sites.
Until we can find better ways to keep off the troublemakers, strong reactions by law enforcement, in-flight crews and pilots must be done to prevent such behaviors causing even more serious problems.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos