Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

airliner371
Topic Author

DCA Gate Changes

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:12 pm

So we now know where airlines are moving following the slot divestures of AA/US....

8/25: VX moves from gate 26 to 24
9/3: WN gets 3 more gates on A
B6 moves from terminal A to terminal B gates 26, 28, 30, 32
Later in the Fall: AC, F9 and SY move ticket counters to the former JetBlue hall.

http://www.metwashairports.com/reagan/reagan.htm

UALFAson

RE: DCA Gate Changes

Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:48 am

So does this mean WN will take over the entire counter space in that section of Terminal A? I guess the new layout will be more efficient for everyone involved, but for as long as I can remember, that hall has always featured a collection of random airline counters squeezed together and one continuous, multi-colored backdrop of various airline logos side-by-side-by-side.

And the fact that WN even serves DCA?! Times they are a-changing...
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

md3

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:10 am

Quoting UALFAson (Reply 1):
So does this mean WN will take over the entire counter space in that section of Terminal A? I guess the new layout will be more efficient for everyone involved, but for as long as I can remember, that hall has always featured a collection of random airline counters squeezed together and one continuous, multi-colored backdrop of various airline logos side-by-side-by-side.

And the fact that WN even serves DCA?! Times they are a-changing...

Exactly, that's what it sounds like. What a difference from even six or seven years ago when Northwest, AirTran, Spirit, Midwest, etc were all lined up in only the single original lobby.

dcaord

Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Will AA flights that currently departed from 28-33 now move over to the northern-most pier currently used solely by US? Does this mean all AA/US flights occupy only that one north pier?

OzarkD9S

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Quoting dcaord (Reply 3):

Will AA flights that currently departed from 28-33 now move over to the northern-most pier currently used solely by US? Does this mean all AA/US flights occupy only that one north pier?

No, AA/US will still have the northern half of the center pier.
"My soul is in the sky". -Pyramus- A Midsummer Night's Dream

drgmobile

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Quoting airliner371 (Thread starter):
Later in the Fall: AC, F9 and SY move ticket counters to the former JetBlue hall.

Such as disappointment for Air Canada passengers. I was really hoping the full service carrier would be moved back to be with the rest of the full service carriers in B/C -- ideally near United and its facilities.

UALFAson

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Quoting drgmobile (Reply 5):
Such as disappointment for Air Canada passengers. I was really hoping the full service carrier would be moved back to be with the rest of the full service carriers in B/C -- ideally near United and its facilities.

Yeah, I was really surprised when they first moved AC to Terminal A and away from their *A partner UA in B (and US in C, for that matter).

But it makes sense. At this point, I bet it has to do with the fact that all the airlines in Term A serve almost entirely O&D passengers, so there's not as much need to provide same-terminal connectivity. Especially now that US is out of *A, why would any AC pax be connecting to UA at DCA? The only destination that wouldn't be back-tracking is IAH, and why would AC route 1-stop IAH pax through DCA versus multiple other hubs between them?
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos