Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LAXintl

RE: Turkish Aviation September 2014

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 43):
Interesting story ==> During original order TK was about to get 77ton A320 fleet, but at last minute (days prior to signing) leadership asked for a further discount, and Airbus agreed but changed to lighter 73.5ton version.

Once discovered what their executives did the TK commercial folks got upset, as it meant not being able to schedule the A320 to places like Scandinavia or deeper into Middle East as original analysis intention and had to use 738 instead.
However since as part of some of the A330 orders, TK managed to get Airbus to provide higher weight authority.

Funny you explain this story, as its virtually the same as I have heard.

Of course my knowledge is from the TK end where both the performance engineering and commercial planning staff were surprised to find out what weight aircraft the final contract had.

The only good thing out of this was lower landing and overflight fees on the A320 versus 738 which are based on weight, but for a period of time the A320s were used quite a bit domestically and not too far into Europe due to the range gap compared with 738.

Eventually, TK did get higher weight aircraft on future orders, and were able to negotiate weight upgrades as part of A330 orders.

Quoting cyberual (Reply 44):
Any news on Pegasus ? I will be flying them next year. Seems pretty decent LCC. I think they've added a few routes.

Yes successful LCC based at SAW on Asian side of Istanbul. Overall positive reviews/comments about them.

Quoting JU068 (Reply 46):
How much can they actually grow at IST given the congestion and the limited number of slots available?

Well Onur already had a few slots at IST. They operate something like 35 flights daily there already. I'm sure they can acquire a few more random slots, and maybe trade for other ones, especially now going into the slower winter season.

Quoting OA260 (Reply 49):
Their choice of scheduled routes is no surprise though. Will be interesting to see their fares.

Promotional fares starting at EUR49.

Choice of destinations indeed predictable and based on some of the top O&D markets.

I think they will get good benefits from interior Turkey, as they will not be under pressure to sell entire aircraft to/from Istanbul, but can offer links to a dozen domestic cities.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

LAXintl

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:12 pm

Here is the new scheduled Onur Air Europe stuff.

All daily except Vienna which is TuThSaSu.

IST-AMS 1115-1355
AMS-IST 1455-1925

IST-DUS 1130-1350
DUS-IST 1510-1915

IST-FRA 1125-1340
FRA-IST 1455-1855

IST-CDG 1115-1355
CDG-IST 1500-1925

IST-VIE 1030-1140
VIE-IST 1230-1540

All A320

View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!
Photo © Markus Adank

JU068

Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 50):
Well Onur already had a few slots at IST. They operate something like 35 flights daily there already. I'm sure they can acquire a few more random slots, and maybe trade for other ones, especially now going into the slower winter season.

Thanks.
Any reason why Vienna is not daily? The market is quite large and with Austrian Airlines pulling out there must be more room to breathe. What could be the next destination? Berlin? Somewhere in Scandinavia?

mercure1

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:09 pm

Interesting to launch such flying for winter season. Maybe because the aircraft are free from their summer charter commitments?

Could be good travel option, especially if with connection opportunity from interior Turkey.
I wonder if TK will notice the mini hub operation, or if they will ignore them. I suppose they already coexist as Onur has domestic services from IST already for many years.

I guess Onur thanks to charter flying all over Europe has idea of traffic flow potential and have experience with existing demand for these destinations.

Was Atlasjet not trying to become a second hub carrier at IST?
mercure f-wtcc

LAXintl

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Quoting JU068 (Reply 52):
What could be the next destination? Berlin? Somewhere in Scandinavia?

If one looks at the top O&D cities then places like London, Moscow, Milan, Jeddah, Brussels, Baku, Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart, Zurich, Tel Aviv, Tehran, Hamburg, etc could be on the agenda.

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 53):
Was Atlasjet not trying to become a second hub carrier at IST?

I'm not sure what Atlasjet is doing. They might not know either with all the successive management changes.

They are primarily domestic ops, with only European scheduled service point of London. They do however have scheduled service to Kuwait, Georgia, Iran and several points in Iraq.
They have also split their Istanbul ops up by running some of the domestic flights to SAW as well.

stylo777

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 54):
If one looks at the top O&D cities then places like London, Moscow, Milan, Jeddah, Brussels, Baku, Berlin, Munich, Stuttgart, Zurich, Tel Aviv, Tehran, Hamburg, etc could be on the agenda.

all others except for TLV make sense. I always thought TLV is driven by transit and not O&D at all?!?

'm not sure what Atlasjet is doing.

me neither! it is a nice airline for flying out of IST to places like ADB, BJV, AYT; however, a real business model they really don't have.

They have also split their Istanbul ops up by running some of the domestic flights to SAW as well.

do you know the reason why they started this? I mean, at the end of the day it really doesn't matter from which airport you'll servce BJV, AYT and DLM, because on one side you have TK and Onur (IST) and on the other side Pegasus, Anadolujet and Sunexpress (SAW).

cofannyc

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:22 pm

Does anybody have information as to how TK's new YUL route is doing? I've heard good things about it and although it's still fairly young, maybe someone has load factor performance information as well? Also, any news on if an upgauge in equipment from A333 to 77W is a possibility, or maybe even a frequency increase?

LAXintl

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Some random news:

Unnamed Turkish carrier to wet-lease PIA 4 180-seat 737-800 for 6-months starting November.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1131213/pia...-aircraft-on-wet-lease-by-year-end

2010 ACT A300 landing gear collapse in Afghanistan blamed on undetected corrosion and cracking in landing gear assembly.
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...aced-to-undetected-fatigue-403594/

Quoting stylo777 (Reply 55):
all others except for TLV make sense. I always thought TLV is driven by transit and not O&D at all?!?

There is O&D there still.
As of 2013 it was the 24th largest IST-Intl market. Larger than Geneva, Kiev, Hamburg, Madrid, Nice, Hanover etc. Not a mega market like FRA/CDG/LON but still a decent sized one.

Quoting cofannyc (Reply 56):
Does anybody have information as to how TK's new YUL route is doing? I've heard good things about it and although it's still fairly young, maybe someone has load factor performance information as well?

Its summer with lots of low priced introductory rates, so loads dont really mean much at the moment.

Quoting cofannyc (Reply 56):
Also, any news on if an upgauge in equipment from A333 to 77W is a possibility, or maybe even a frequency increase?

The Airbus 332-333-343 fleet are interchangable, so anything is possible within the family. Dont see 77W at the moment as all the new deliveries are heavy premium configuration, while YUL unlike YYZ does not generate much demand upfront.
On the frequencies, unless Canada again offers Turkey more frequencies don't anticipate any added days.

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:50 am

Is there a reason why TK don't have Business class in some domestic routes?
Just tried to book one to Konya and it is not offered  

LLA001

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:16 am

There are some rumors ( friend to friend ) that flights to Misurata, Libya is going to resume soon, maybe on the 15th , do you guys know anything about it ?

Also I wonder what is the loss of TK due to recent conflicts in Libya, I guess there were over 40 weekly flights to 4 destinations in the country canceled and possibly most of them were usually full load flights.

Turkish350XWB

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Really interesting how many versions the different aircraft have. I knew from cars that you can choose modifications, but didn't know it also applied for planes... How about other airlines, do they also have so many differences in their fleet, and how does this affect pilots?

Seems like TK received its 3rd B77W from the new order a few days ago. Their presentation show another delivery this year. Next year will be interesting with 7 new B77Ws and 7 new A333s... (For many many years TK's long haul fleet consisted of just 7 A343s...)

LAXintl

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 58):
Is there a reason why TK don't have Business class in some domestic routes?

Yes - actually many domestic markets from IST such as Agri, Adıyaman, Batman, Isparta, Konya, Merzifon, Nevsehir, Sivas, Van, etc do not have business class.
The underlying demand is so low, it makes more sense to sell entire capacity as Y class.
However if you are elite, you can pick the front seats still. 

You might remember back a few years ago before Anadolujet days, we had a discussion here when TK dropped business class between Ankara and Izmir and the local business association complained.

mercure1

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Quoting Turkish350XWB (Reply 60):
I knew from cars that you can choose modifications, but didn't know it also applied for planes... How about other airlines, do they also have so many differences in their fleet,

Airbus A320 family has over 17,000 customer defined options.

Besides the big ones like weight options, engines(and their thrust settings), there is everything from different brakes, avionics, carpets and their colors, cabin and cockpit signage, light bulbs, galley latches, cockpit and cabin crew seats, tyres, software, soap dispenser, mirrors and their mounting locations, coat hangers, location of switches, and so on.

It takes customer many months (sometimes years) to define and negotiate over all these variations in options.
mercure f-wtcc

thaiflyer

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:32 pm

I always fly between IST and BKK (TK-68/069) and during the last year this was done with the 9W 777 planes.
As I fly business class I was very happy with this.
I noticed from my bookings and talking with the CC that the 9W planes are returning back to Jet Air starting October.
My next booking confirms this as they are on an A333 and afterwards back to the A343.
My understanding was that the A343 would be phased out!
I’m very sad that the A343 is back on the IST-BKK route as the business class is not very good. (to say it polite)
Does anybody has some more information what they are doing with the A343 and if we get the 777 on the IST-BKK route. (TK-068/069)

LAXintl

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:41 am

Yes 9W leases finally ending in a few weeks.

For W14 schedule the two BKK flights are indeed 343/330 mix.

Prelim S15 schedule has both flights as 330, but anything can change this far out especially considering the IATA slot conference is not until November so there could be network shifts.

wing

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:19 am

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 43):
Interesting story ==> During original order TK was about to get 77ton A320 fleet, but at last minute (days prior to signing) leadership asked for a further discount, and Airbus agreed but changed to lighter 73.5ton version.

Once discovered what their executives did the TK commercial folks got upset, as it meant not being able to schedule the A320 to places like Scandinavia or deeper into Middle East as original analysis intention and had to use 738 instead.
However since as part of some of the A330 orders, TK managed to get Airbus to provide higher weight authority.

Funny you explain this story, as its virtually the same as I have heard.

Of course my knowledge is from the TK end where both the performance engineering and commercial planning staff were surprised to find out what weight aircraft the final contract had.

This information just proved my personal prediction true, about how the things are done in the upper levels.They work with bullshit people and bullshit advisors, they cause company to loose millions of dollars with their wrong decisions and the worst part is that nobody asks why?

but for a period of time the A320s were used quite a bit domestically and not too far into Europe due to the range gap compared with 738.

One last question to Laxintl since you can hear lots of things from TK;How come the very same airplane with no modifications or any upgrades suddenly becomes eligable to fly all around the Europe with enough range,while it was used domesticly because of range gap compared to 737 as you stated?And did you hear anybody who had been found responsible for acquiring aircraft not approved by the planners and the losses caused by these aircraft couldnt be used for the intended destinations?
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

JU068

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:26 am

I just saw that, for the first time ever, an all female Turkish Airlines crew operated a flight between Istanbul and Nice. Anyone have more information? Any special reason why they did it?

SCQ83

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:57 am

Does anyone know about potential new routes to Spain?

They started 4 destinations (AGP, VLC, BIO, SCQ) almost fortnight a few years ago and TK has became very quiet ever since.

I would think SVQ, ALC, PMI, LPA or TFN could support a IST flight.

TK105

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:58 pm

CAPA published a new analysis about European Aviation industry according to 2014H1 results.

- Both TK and Pegasus shows affects of strong growth in their financial results. However Pegasus is more effected by this growth and perhaps it will be good for them to slow down a bit.

- Pegasus managed to be in the European Airlines Industry Largest Groups category for the first time as far as CAPA is concerned.

- Only Germany, Ireland and Turkey have multiple airlines in the list.

- As far as revenue is concerned, both TK and Pegasus have long way to go compared to their biggest rivals LH and FR respectively. Obviously this is also closely linked to GDP per capita in Turkey.

http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...reduction-is-the-key-driver-185674
The future is in the skies.

LAXintl

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Quoting wing (Reply 65):
;How come the very same airplane with no modifications or any upgrades suddenly becomes eligable to fly all around the Europe with enough range,while it was used domesticly because of range gap compared to 737 as you stated?

I don't know the answer, but do know that the commercial planning department has seen several new VP regimes come and go over the last decade which effects schedule planning along with fact of birth of Anadolujet with 737s that has pushed TK mainline fleet utilization to change.

But looking in the system, I dont see these 73.5t aircraft assigned on long missions to Middle East or Scandinavia/Ireland at the moment. For example TC-JPA last 2 weeks most distant route was AMS and CGN 1x each, but mostly domestic, TLV, Switzerland, LEJ, etc. TCJPB & C have similar profiles when I look back.

Quoting wing (Reply 65):
And did you hear anybody who had been found responsible for acquiring aircraft not approved by the planners and the losses caused by these aircraft couldnt be used for the intended destinations?

Who is going to get in trouble? The chairman?? No of course not.

Let me explain a little how larger procurement decisions are made. Basically two methods.
1) A general tender for a product or service with very clear specifications - such as ground handling, or overhaul of aircraft engine or parts. There is a qualification criteria the vendor or supplier either meets or not. The responsible department evaluates this and can make a "recommendation" among which of the qualified vendors/supplier should be selected.
This goes to department heads and depending on overall cost to the board of directors for approval. Generally selection will follow the recommendation, but there is a small chance decision is changed.
2) Something like aircraft procurement is negotiated at the Chairman, CEO, CFO level. Departments inside the airline provide only advisory capacity, and feed information that might be asked for. For example compare mission performance and cost of 787 vs A350 on a list of 25 potential routes. Ultimately the information gets forwarded back up the chain of command, but its up to the executives to make a recommendation that is then adopted by the board. The A320 example from earlier, its at the executive level the deal structured, so it seemed a 73.5ton plane was good enough in return for $XXX savings, so the board opted for lower weight plane versus original offer.

Miami

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:35 pm

In other news, into the sports world with sponsorships. Turkish will replace Samsung as Chelsea FC shirt sponsor.

This is how it may look like:

Where can I buy one?   
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

TK105

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:20 am

And TAV takes over 40% of SAW by purchasing LIMAK's shares. A bold move from TAV:

http://www.tavyatirimciiliskileri.co...Disclosures_Detail.aspx?itemid=279

TK773ER

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:18 am

On another thread here i came across this sent by gennadius http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/kelebek/seyahat/27197231.asp It's seems Boeing is sending 748 not the 787 And Airbus is sending 350 not the 380 to the Istanbul airshow so maybe if TK does decide to order 50/50 A and B product maybe 748 and the 350 will be the winners only time will tell i guess.

LAXintl

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Interview with TAV CEO.

Says getting into SAW was an critical strategic move for TAV since Ataturk will be closed and company want to maintain its presence in Istanbul market.
The deal to buy out 40% of Limak was a win-win for both parties, now Limak can focus its full efforts on the 3rd airport.
SAW management contract runs 2030, however Malaysia Airports does hold a right of first refusal on the Limak shares so we will need to wait and see if it exercise this right.
TAV says is plans for SAW include attracting more airlines to transfer over from IST. SAW has more free capacity including slots available.

TAV president Sener outlines the new Sabhiha Gokcen Airport investment
http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/art...sabhiha-gokcen-airport-investment&

=

stylo777

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:59 pm

Quoting Miami (Reply 70):

In other news, into the sports world with sponsorships. Turkish will replace Samsung as Chelsea FC shirt sponsor.

They will also replace Turk Telekom on Galatasaray Istanbul shirts (domestically only though)

LAXintl

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:12 pm

And now on Trabzon spor also...

LAXintl

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 pm

TK also has a new phone app out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bxqe842IMAAy0ip.png:large

Turkish350XWB

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 am

According to some reports the A350 and the B748 will participate in the Istanbul Air Show. A german airline site is spekulating this might reflect the long expected TK order...

OA260

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:41 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 76):
TK also has a new phone app out.

I like it but would like to see a digital Elite Card similar to some other airlines offer including Aegean. The platform reminds me a bit of the BA one I have been using for a while now. I hope they add to it as time goes on. For instance lounge password for wifi. I do like the general lay out and look so its a vast improvement on the previous one.

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:47 am

First impressions of the new Konya (KYA) terminal:
-It is 3-4 times bigger than the older one, but a huge big terminal area with very high ceilings. As usual not a whole lot of attention to detail. Just a big box for now. I was expecting artwork/sculptures to make this box different than any other airport. How about artwork about Mevlana, Catalhoyuk....I think I saw very small few Mevlana details.
-Few counters for check in but room to grow.
-I didn't see a TK lounge, it could be inside the VIP entrance. Limited food and shopping options. Kiosks can be added in the middle of the floor space though.
-Who decides on the number of bathrooms in Konya in general? Including this airport, every place we went had limited bathrooms. There are restaurants with over 500 seats but only a single bathroom. At arrivals at KYA; same story, instant lines in front of the the only bathroom.
-Counters for passport control for international flights.
-When it is time to board, it is a short walk outside the terminal to the plane on the tarmac.

A huge improvement nevertheless. I was amazed to see how much more room Turkish Aviation has, for growth. I thought Konya by now should have a decent size airport, international flights.... (a city with over million people)

stylo777

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:11 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 79):
I thought Konya by now should have a decent size airport, international flights.... (a city with over million people)

Unfortunately population of over 1 million doesn't mean international flights at all; look at Bursa witheven a very big industry. They couldn't even support a 3x weekly to MUC.

LAXintl

Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Turkish Seat Industries are here in Los Angeles this week at the APEX expo to show off their latest seat designs.

Plan January 2016 certification and service entry onboard 20 737s.
Seats integrate the latest Thales IFE product.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bxwyr8PCIAAI2vZ.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxwysU-CAAIZ6kW.jpg:large

http://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/201...-to-debut-on-737s-with-thales-ife/

=

TK105

Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 81):

Looks good. Screen size is quite large for economy. No IFE box giving disturbance to passenger behind is another positive feature. Also I liked the fabric selection, it looks much better than leather.

OA260

Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Quoting TK105 (Reply 82):
it looks much better than leather.

I like the leather and feel its cleaner. I wonder how such fabric would look after a year on wear and tear?

bahadir

Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:23 am

By the way, when I arrived at the Ataturk airport the other night, i couldn't help but notice how bad the taxiway in front of the terminal was. I know that area is critical to operations but they need to take apart the entire section and redo the concrete there. It felt like i was going over the mountains of AZ in a Jeep  
Earthbound misfit I

LLA001

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:28 am

Hmmmm every airplane seat looks good by itself, once you began to stack them closely it is another story.

I wish they kept the economy at 32 inches for short haul and 33 - 34 inches for long haul, I know I am dreaming but extra space would go very nice with these new seats  

LAXintl

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:00 am

TC-TUR landing at JFK for UN Week.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByFy5rGIMAArnpd.jpg

mxp

Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:57 am

hi folk
i flown yesterday with TC-JIO in business.Wonderful crew and wonderful Turkish
By the way when i departed yesterday from IST i noted an ex alitalia md 80 stored and been cannibalised on the other side of the runway
Can anyone help me with the registration please?
thanx
alberto

Turkish777X

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 am

Quoting mxp (Reply 87):
hi folk
i flown yesterday with TC-JIO in business.Wonderful crew and wonderful Turkish

How was the cabin of the aircraft?

Turkish777X

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Tk is planning to begin flights to Hanoi via Saigon. So flights BKK will be most probably terminator service

Turkish350XWB

Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:37 pm

Quoting Turkish777X (Reply 89):
Tk is planning to begin flights to Hanoi via Saigon. So flights BKK will be most probably terminator service

Cool.
TK could extend BKK to Phnom Penh (Cambodia), Vientiane (Laos) or Yangon (Myanmar)...

LAXintl

Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Randy Tinseth, Boeing VP Marketing is in Istanbul this week -- talking 748's....

Also interesting, they have market forecast that says in 10-years, Istanbul could be the worlds 4th busiest airport. (PEK, ATL, new DXB, new IST)

LAXintl

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Istanbul Stock Exchange filing:

Kherson Ukraine and Bari in Italy to be launched.

JU068

Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:38 pm

I just saw on Flight Radar 24 that almost all aircraft landing at IST had to hold for a very long time and to circle over the city. Anyone know what was happening?

wing

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Quoting JU068 (Reply 93):
I just saw on Flight Radar 24 that almost all aircraft landing at IST had to hold for a very long time and to circle over the city. Anyone know what was happening?

huge thuınderstorm over the city,changing the runways.
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

LAXintl

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:30 pm

The International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading (ISTAT) is holding their annual conference in Istanbul this year.

Group primarily consist of aircraft and finance sector members.

Turkish Airlines executives including Temel Kotil were speakers at the the event. Some points made by TK:

o State run airlines are doomed. TK was weak under government direction, but being privatized forced TK to be reborn and think differently about every decision
o Part of TK's success is down to its connection with the customer, something to many airlines and governments forget
o Can utilize narrow bodies up to 3000nm. For up to 4-5hour segments narrowbodies usually offer best economics
o A330 and 777 fleets "work very well". Good size capacity, good economics both medium and longhaul
o TK has shortlisted bank offers for 2015 delivery financing.
o With narrow body 737-900ER to Africa can offer higher frequency with smaller capacity yet still at profit. Could not offer the same network frequencies or destinations if reliant on widebodies.
o Cargo becoming ever more important segment for airline
o BoD reviewing future widebody fleet plans. Either stick with plans and continue with newer twin models, or look at large quads

TK105

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Today I was on QR75 Economy Class from DOH to TXL.

Notes on QR :
- Seat pitch is around 2" better than TK and EK for Economy.
- Food is in no way comparable to quality of TK and even worse than EK.
- F/A serves water and juice filled glasses every 2 hours on hand trays. Is this enough to be a 5* airline?

Overall nothing superior on economy class.

TXL was another surprise. I have not seen such a horrible airport for more than 10 years. This is the capital of Germany, COME ON! The prefabricated terminal building reminded me the Terminal-C of ESB back in mid 1990s, but much more smaller. This is a GECEKONDU... I can not believe this is happening in the capital of the strongest country in EU.

Let me be the devils advocate as usual : So BER is delayed for an unknown period and the service level at TXL is at Africa level, Is it because LH is trying to doom AB ?

Here is the Baggage Claim at TXL:
http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p682/UmutAydinOrtana/TXLBaggageClaim23-9-2014_zpse9f699e7.jpg

TK105

Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:18 pm

By the way, for those of you who like cold flight temperature, QR is your airline to go. Opposite to TK's flying hamams, these Qataries are really addicted to cold and their planes are flying refrigerators. For the first time in my life, I used blanket during a day time flight. If I had a pair, I would not hesitate wearing gloves as well. Even my nose tip turned to red. Also hotels in Qatar are very very cold!

ist2014

Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:08 am

based on Lax-int valuable insights, i understood there is possibility of new wb orders  

any speculation about type and numbers  

if they go for quads, it will atleast 10 base on a previous interview with Topcu.
i see possibilift of 748 F or 77F as well.
lets cross fingers.
any speculation is highly welcomed

LAXintl

Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:54 am

Well Randy Tinseth and John Leahy are not in Turkey just because they wanted a doner kebab.

Maybe we will hear something at the airshow in a few days?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos