bjorn14

RE: Utah Aviation Thread

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Anybody think LGU will ever get service again?
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

slcdeltarumd11

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:00 pm

No its too close to Ogden and SLC. I just don't see the demand its a college town. Unless an airline like allegiant can pull it off with less than daily service? I just see the demand on a random tuesday or wednesday as almost zero out of Logan. If there was a real demand i bet skywest would already be flying a short EMB hop to SLC.

ridgid727

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:20 pm

So I understand with the new Mia flight starting, and the two US and AA combining here soon, AA will re-open an Air Cargo Facility in SLC, and the US Contract Air Cargo service will be terminated. I think AA did away with regular air cargo sometime ago, and only did small package through their baggage service in Bag Claim.

mayor

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Quoting ridgid727 (Reply 52):
So I understand with the new Mia flight starting, and the two US and AA combining here soon, AA will re-open an Air Cargo Facility in SLC, and the US Contract Air Cargo service will be terminated. I think AA did away with regular air cargo sometime ago, and only did small package through their baggage service in Bag Claim.

After 9/11 NW closed their cargo office.......most airlines that kept their offices open, usually had no walk-up service unless it was for pets or H/Rs or small package service under 16oz. The feds were trying to close down the freight ops of the airlines right after that date, but the airlines got together and were able to work out a compromise to keep it open.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

ridgid727

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Quoting mayor (Reply 53):
After 9/11 NW closed their cargo office.......most airlines that kept their offices open, usually had no walk-up service unless it was for pets or H/Rs or small package service under 16oz

What is the purpose of SkyWest being in that facility at SLC.( In the air cargo facility-space to the south of WN Air Cargo) Do they tender air cargo there, or is simply a commissary storage facility?

[Edited 2014-10-11 10:03:24]

mayor

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:34 pm

Quoting ridgid727 (Reply 54):
What is the purpose of SkyWest being in that facility at SLC.( In the air cargo facility-space to the south of WN Air Cargo) Do they tender air cargo there, or is simply a commissary storage facility?

Yes, they tender cargo at that office. They used to be with us in the DL cargo office, but I believe they moved when our front office was re-modelled.
"A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling, to do the unnecessary"----Fred Allen

UltimateDelta

Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:07 pm

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 50):

Well, there's one flight a day in each direction with Ameriflight...if you needed to get here by air, I suppose you could mail yourself via UPS  

But as mentioned, with SLC being only 80 miles away (all things considered, not that far), I think shuttle services and people driving themselves covers most of the demand. I personally wish there was an alternative to the shuttle (not having my own car) to at least break the monopoly, but if it was going to be successful, I'm sure it would already exist.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:33 pm

Back when F9 was starting up Lynx Aviation, LGU was one of may smaller towns that applied for their service. LGU obviously didn't get it. Like already mentioned, I do not see any demand coming from LGU to entice an airline to fly there.

I think the MEX flight will do well from SLC. There is a good Hispanic and Latino population here and the ski industry will help as well.

SLCUT2777

Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:36 pm

Quoting SLCSFOPDX (Reply 57):
LGU obviously didn't get it. Like already mentioned, I do not see any demand coming from LGU to entice an airline to fly there.

Cache Valley is just too small and not far enough removed from the Wasatch Front. It will still get the college athletics charters for Utah State University amongst others.
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!

bjorn14

Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:33 am

IF Heber City (36U)/Park City is ever commercialized what kind of traffic (frames & cities) would they expect? Reminds me of the ASE situation except DEN is 4 hrs. away not 40 mins like SLC is.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

slcdeltarumd11

Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:14 am

SLC airport is on such a roll recently, the new train, the new terminals, and all types of new service in 2014. Will this be a record setting number of passengers to travel thru SLC in 2014? Those new terminals can't come in soon enough the airport is so over capacity.

Quoting bjorn14 (Reply 59):
IF Heber City (36U)/Park City is ever commercialized what kind of traffic (frames & cities) would they expect? Reminds me of the ASE situation except DEN is 4 hrs. away not 40 mins like SLC is.

Will never happen. Zero reasons to build this. SLC has the frequency and N/S to so many destinations. Park City is a very easy I-80 drive and its much closer. It is extremely well maintained and very reliable. There are commuter buses thats how reliale a drive it is and its the home to a ton of Delta SLC based pilots. The drive between Vail and DIA or Aspen and DIA is extremely more difficult, much steeper, passes thru real mountain passes, and totally unpassable at times. There is a reason why EGE exists the drive to Denver is tough and undriveable often, the road to Park City is much easier and much easier to maintain and keep open. Its three lanes even to park city that shows you the demand on I-80 its a route they focus on keeping passable and maintained 24/7.

Look if your flying your private jet in then Heber City makes sense especially if your destination is Deer Valley but for commercial service makes no sense. Much worse weather up there. SLC airport is in a much better location and receives alot less snow.

ssteve

Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:13 am

I was wondering about Logan, too. Where to people go from there?

slcdeltarumd11

Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:19 am

Quoting SSTeve (Reply 61):

I was wondering about Logan, too. Where to people go from there?

The most popular destinations i bet Denver, SO Cal, Bay Area, Phoenix, Vegas

Non daily might work but i just can't see much demand on certain days of the week at certain times of year from Logan. Its just too close to SLC which has so many non-stops i can't see it being worth it......its a very easy drive and there is a shuttle for people without cars.

Yakflyer

Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 60):
Look if your flying your private jet in then Heber City makes sense especially if your destination is Deer Valley but for commercial service makes no sense. Much worse weather up there. SLC airport is in a much better location and receives alot less snow.

I'm not sure I agree with even the above. I hangar my airplane at Heber, but it's not a jet (I wish). I've thought about the merits of operating out of Heber for anything other than recreational flying. If I lived in Deer Valley I'd be hard pressed to favor basing at 36U when SLC is maybe a 10 minute longer drive. If the weather is nice I can see flying in & out of 36U, especially if from out of town or using Netjets. OTOH if looking for operational reliability in all weather conditions 36U can not match SLC which disqualifies it for me.

ridgid727

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Quoting Yakflyer (Reply 63):
I'm not sure I agree with even the above. I hangar my airplane at Heber, but it's not a jet (I wish). I've thought about the merits of operating out of Heber for anything other than recreational flying. If I lived in Deer Valley I'd be hard pressed to favor basing at 36U when SLC is maybe a 10 minute longer drive. If the weather is nice I can see flying in & out of 36U, especially if from out of town or using Netjets. OTOH if looking for operational reliability in all weather conditions 36U can not match SLC which disqualifies it for me.

I really don't see the Heber Airport ever gaining any commercial scheduled service. The buffet of choices in SLC is too great, and with 2 airports in SLC providing FBO services general av is usually served better in weather conditions by doing the SLC thing.

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:52 pm

If any airports deserve service in the SLC metro area its Ogden and Provo not Heber.

mayor

Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Quoting ridgid727 (Reply 64):
I really don't see the Heber Airport ever gaining any commercial scheduled service. The buffet of choices in SLC is too great, and with 2 airports in SLC providing FBO services general av is usually served better in weather conditions by doing the SLC thing.

Don't forget that, also in the Salt Lake Valley is Airport #2 and Bountiful Skypark for general aviation use, also.

gcb5196

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:03 am

As far as I am aware SkyWest no longer takes cargo in the SLC facility. I was under the impression that freight through SkyWest went away and any freight for Delta went to DASH only and that was all handled by the Delta facility in SLC. I'm not sure about any of the other airlines they serve in SLC, but I know the freight folks had to relocate when the DASH change happened so I assume it is a similar situation for the other airline cargo.

mayor

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:17 am

Quoting gcb5196 (Reply 67):

As far as I am aware SkyWest no longer takes cargo in the SLC facility. I was under the impression that freight through SkyWest went away and any freight for Delta went to DASH only and that was all handled by the Delta facility in SLC. I'm not sure about any of the other airlines they serve in SLC, but I know the freight folks had to relocate when the DASH change happened so I assume it is a similar situation for the other airline cargo.

I believe what happened is that in '95, we moved the DASH office from next to baggage claim over to cargo and that's when Skywest moved their cargo. I'm not sure if they still handled regular cargo after that time or not. I retired in '05, so I'm not sure what has happened since then.

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:48 am

Does anybody know that status of the new terminal at SLC?

ridgid727

Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:35 am

Quoting gcb5196 (Reply 67):
As far as I am aware SkyWest no longer takes cargo in the SLC facility

I checked it out, and they don't. That building they have their sign on in the air freight areas is used for storage among other things.

ridgid727

Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Not much coming out of airport board meeting. AS still seeking additional gate space,, Board taking it into consideration, and is pleased with the usage requirements at gates (although Delta sits on gates). Unnamed carrier is looking to expand their route map and would also like gate space. Construction of new terminal is proceeding as schedule (not that anyone can see much of anything happening)

mayor

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Quoting ridgid727 (Reply 71):
(although Delta sits on gates)

I seem to remember, before I retired, that we used EVERY gate that was assigned to us. There was NO "gate sitting" going on and considering that many OO flights moved from E to C & B, I can't see where there would still be any openings.

Quoting ridgid727 (Reply 70):
I checked it out, and they don't. That building they have their sign on in the air freight areas is used for storage among other things.

At the same time that it was used for OO's cargo, it was also used for their cabin service operation (supply storage, also).

Legend757

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Alaska has 3 gates at SLC right? A6, A7 and A8?

I know that those gates are definitely full in the early morning and late in the evening, but certainly not as much in between. It seems to me (and I could be wrong) that if Alaska wants more gate space at SLC, they ought to use what they have more productively first? (which we know would be challenging for AS with the lack of wiggle room they have with aircraft scheduling).

Speaking of gate sitting, what about WN? After a quick look-up, they are operating 20 less flights this week than they were for the same week last year. I know they have already have reduced from gate space recently...8 to 6 wasn't it? That was before WN cut SEA & PDX this past August however...

slcdeltarumd11

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Unnamed carrier is looking to expand their route map and would also like gate space

So not Alaska? Everyone knows they want more flights and have been vocal for a while now

I would have to guess Delta first, Frontier second, JetBlue third? expand route map could that mean a new carrier and SLC is the expansion to their route map?

ridgid727

Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:27 pm

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 74):
So not Alaska? Everyone knows they want more flights and have been vocal for a while now

I would have to guess Delta first, Frontier second, JetBlue third? expand route map could that mean a new carrier and SLC is the expansion to their route map?

Most in attendance assumed it was a carrier not presently serving the airport. My initial thought was NK, but nothing was mentioned. NK had representatives at the September Board Meeting.

slcdeltarumd11

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Quoting ridgid727 (Reply 75):
Most in attendance assumed it was a carrier not presently serving the airport. My initial thought was NK, but nothing was mentioned. NK had representatives at the September Board Meeting.

Only three airlines i can think of if its a new carrier? BA, spirit, or Westjet. Who else would want to serve SLC? Volaris? Delta has mexico pretty well covered and MEX offers connections to every little airport daily starting in december.

ridgid727

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:50 pm

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 76):
Only three airlines i can think of if its a new carrier? BA, spirit, or Westjet

If the carrier was BA, Im sure the airport would in some way find a gate for them. I think everyone knows that. The B gates that DL and WN use very little should really be scrutinized but then again, getting along with DL and all the pass anytime you need it works wonders.

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:01 am

AS has gates A4, A6, A7, A8.

WN has six gates in the B concourse...which is too many for them. I think WN should be required to give away two gates so that either F9, can move to those gates so that could free up a gate in A concourse to either AS or a new airline. With that, one extra gate would be available in B concourse.

As for an airline not mentioned, the only airlines that makes sense to me are WestJet, Spirit, or either a F9 or B6 expansion in SLC.

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:27 am

Lets just be crazy and say its Frontier. Where could frontier want to expand to?

Southwest has a pretty large operation no way they can offer the times they do now in 4 gates. 6 gates its not that large IMHO they still run a decently large operation.

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:58 am

Quoting slcdeltarumd11 (Reply 79):

If it is Frontier, I would guess they would look onto adding DFW, IAH, and maybe MCI to go along with the service already to DEN, PHX, and ORD.

mariner

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:08 am

Quoting SLCSFOPDX (Reply 80):
If it is Frontier, I would guess they would look onto adding DFW, IAH, and maybe MCI to go along with the service already to DEN, PHX, and ORD.

I'd like to see Frontier start SLC-PVR.

In 2003, after the success of SLC-CUN (1 x weekly), Frontier announced SLC-PVR as 3 x weekly, seasonal.

Delta went nuclear and responded with daily service on the route, so Frontier dropped it before it began.

I'd like to see it come back.  

mariner
aeternum nauta

ridgid727

Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Utah Travel Agent Pleads Guilty to wire fraud. Guess he collected the money for a high school trip and then went on a "bender" to LAS.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/new...ty-scamming-willard-band/17300569/

mayor

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Quoting ridgid727 (Reply 82):

Utah Travel Agent Pleads Guilty to wire fraud. Guess he collected the money for a high school trip and then went on a "bender" to LAS.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/new...ty-scamming-willard-band/17300569/

In the article it quotes the judge as saying that he's stayed out of trouble since charges were filed. Well, guess what:

http://5newsonline.com/2014/06/09/tr...ealing-272500-from-southside-band/

He's done the same thing, here in Arkansas.

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Stay Classy. What happens in Vegas...

ridgid727

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Three Volaris officials were visitors at SLC International today. They were given a tour of the airport, and are spending the evening at Stein Ericksen Lodge and experiencing some Park City Hospitality.

Interesting to say the least.

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 am

Quoting ridgid727 (Reply 85):

Interesting for sure! I wonder what routes they would start? GDL, MEX, are all pretty well covered by DL already.

Legend757

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:05 am

Quoting ridgid727 (Reply 85):

Nice to see so many airlines sniffing around. In the last while, we've heard that BA, NK and now Y4 have visited SLC. Though we don't know what will come of any of it, it's encouraging!

As many of us know, AM tried (and failed) SLC-MEX twice. I'm more confident that Y4 would be more successful in SLC than AM was especially if they began service to GDL or CUN.

Maybe Y4 is the airline the "unammed carrier" spoken of in the most recent airport board meeting that is "looking to expand their route map."

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:15 am

If Y4 is to add SLC-GDL/MEX, the timing for connections is going to have to be good on the Mexico end. That is why AM failed in SLC, connections were pretty much impossible on the MEX end.

On another note, I was on an AS flight from SLC this past weekend and I was talking to an AS agent and she said that AS's SLC flights to PDX, SEA, LAX, SFO, and SAN are profitable and doing very well. I asked her how the other one's were doing (SJC, LAS, and BOI) and she said they were doing good, but said that the LAS flight loads were the weakest of them all.

[Edited 2014-10-21 18:49:25]

Legend757

Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:54 pm

DL is cutting back in the SLC-mid west, SLC-eastern market.

In the last month they've made the following adjustments to their flight schedule at SLC.

SLC-RDU service ends in Dec 1st. (After only resuming for a year...) Four quarter sum LF ending Jun 2014 was 88%
SLC-IND goes seasonal. Resuming next June. Four quarter sum LF ending Jun 2014 was 82%
SLC-MEM downgauged to one CR9 daily and gone seasonal. Four quarter sum (mainline) LF ending Jun 2014 was 72%
SLC-AUS downgauged next summer, no mainline. Four quarter sum (mainline) LF ending Jun 2014 was 85%
SLC-SAT downgauged next summer, no mainline. Four quarter sum (mainline ) LF ending Jun 2014 was 74%

Many have mentioned that many of these markets are being funneled through LAX, which I understand on DLs part, but makes me cranky.   

Also of note, the holiday additions DL added earlier this year to MIA and TPA have become non-existant except for one TPA on Nov 30. Orignally, the schedules to these two destinations where to last two weeks from 12/20/14 to 01/03/15. I guess bookings weren't impressive enough?

I'm also a tad surprised DL hasn't responded to AA's MIA-SLC announcement.

We know DL is famous for frequent schedule changes, so we will see if they make any more changes to these markets.

[Edited 2014-11-05 10:59:43]

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:03 pm

I think DL need to make some adjustments to SLC, to make it the most profitable that it can be.

Legend757

Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:12 am

I did a little more digging.

DL has added a bunch of one timers the Sunday after Thanksgiving, as well as a handful of additional frequencies to already served destinations, much like they did last year. They make use of otherwise RON aircraft to scoop up the rush of holiday passengers traveling home.

A couple new ones this year, i.e. CHS, IAD, ORF and PIT

One Timers
Nov 30, 2014

BDL- 320
CHS- 73W
CMH- 738
FLL- 738
IAD- 319
ORF- 757
PIT- 319
SYR- 319
TPA- 757

One Timers
Dec 1, 2013

BDL- 320
CMH- 738
FLL- 320
MIA- 73H
MKE- 320
SYR- 320
TPA- 738

WesternA318

Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:09 am

Looks like SLC will be featured in the February edition of Airways Magazine, written by yours truly. Just sent the article and photos in to the editors!

Byrdluvs747

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:01 am

Quoting Legend757 (Reply 1):
As for AA, I could see them possibly starting a PHX route, but I see AA being more interested in a DFW route because of the greater connection opportunities.

I think DFW is too thin a route. LAX and PHX would seem better options.
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

redzeppelin

Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:57 pm

Quoting Legend757 (Reply 91):
DL has added a bunch of one timers the Sunday after Thanksgiving,

I started a thread about this, but it didn't get much attention:
http://ww.airliners.net/aviation-for...eneral_aviation/read.main/6209677/

There is an entire extra bank of flights that one night to clear out the Thanksgiving travelers, with most departures starting to go out around 23:30. The complete list of east-bound redeyes, including regular destinations, looks like this:
ATL (763 + 320)
DTW (752)
JFK (738)
EWR (320)
BOS (320)
BDL (320)
IAD (319)
BWI (739)
PHL (752)
PIT (319)
SYR (319)
RDU (320)
FLL (738)
TPA (752)
MCO (320)
CLT (752)
CVG (738)
CMH (738)
CHS (738)
ORF (752)

There will also be a 763 on SLC-LAX that night, which is fun to see. The thing that surprises me a little about this is that if you look at all of the western flights in the same bank, it is heavily weighted to the east. That is, a lot more capacity is coming in to the bank from the east than is going out to the west, and more capacity is going out to the east than is coming in from the west. So either 1) they are expecting to fill these with a lot of SLC O&D or 2) they are willing to fly them with lower loads. It will be interesting to see the loads. SLC certainly has plenty of VFR traffic at the holidays. Either way, I hope they notify the food vendors to stay open late!

WesternA318

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:20 pm

Quoting redzeppelin (Reply 94):
There will also be a 763 on SLC-LAX that night, which is fun to see. The thing that surprises me a little about this is that if you look at all of the western flights in the same bank, it is heavily weighted to the east. That is, a lot more capacity is coming in to the bank from the east than is going out to the west, and more capacity is going out to the east than is coming in from the west. So either 1) they are expecting to fill these with a lot of SLC O&D or 2) they are willing to fly them with lower loads. It will be interesting to see the loads. SLC certainly has plenty of VFR traffic at the holidays. Either way, I hope they notify the food vendors to stay open late!

That LAX flight looks like it might be a good connector for the outbound LAX-SYD flight.

Legend757

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:59 pm

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 92):
Looks like SLC will be featured in the February edition of Airways Magazine, written by yours truly. Just sent the article and photos in to the editors!

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Quoting redzeppelin (Reply 94):

There is an entire extra bank of flights that one night to clear out the Thanksgiving travelers, with most departures starting to go out around 23:30. The complete list of east-bound redeyes, including regular destinations, looks like this:
ATL (763 + 320)
DTW (752)
JFK (738)
EWR (320)
BOS (320)
BDL (320)
IAD (319)
BWI (739)
PHL (752)
PIT (319)
SYR (319)
RDU (320)
FLL (738)
TPA (752)
MCO (320)
CLT (752)
CVG (738)
CMH (738)
CHS (738)
ORF (752

I certainly find ORF interesting, especially on a 752...but I guess a great option for those who want to avoid the holiday chaos at IAD, DCA

[Edited 2014-11-06 16:00:12]

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:04 pm

Does anyone know the status of the construction going on at SLC?

Legend757

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Just an schedule update about AS and SLC:

On March 8, 2015, the SJC flight is down-gauged to one daily CR7 from the daily 738, 739....no big surprise here.

On March 9, 2015, the SEA frequency increases to 4 daily flights. Two 737s (variants vary) and two CR7s.

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:05 am

Quoting Legend757 (Reply 98):

Not surprised at all that the SJC flight has been down-gauged. So the AS SLC-SFO flight stays on a 737? I am glad the AS SLC-SEA flight is doing well. How are the other flights doing (PDX, LAX, SAN, BOI, LAS, SFO)?

I also read that DL/OO is ending service between SLC and Moab (CNY) in April. It's a shame. It makes me wonder with OO dropping the EMB-120's if the DL/OO service from SLC to West Yellowstone, Rock Springs, Gillette, Elko, Vernal, Pocatello, and Twin Falls will end as well.

[Edited 2014-11-24 16:07:02]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos