Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dfwjim1

RE: South Florida Aviation Thread

Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi all,

I was exiting from FLL airport today and I noticed that the Broward Community College Aviation Department 727 (donated by
FEDEX) was parked north to south on runway 10R/28L with a van parked next to it. Of course the runway was closed as I saw
an "X" on 28L. Does anyone know why the 727 was parked on this runway and was it towed to that spot or does the 727 still
have the capability to taxi on its own power?

bjorn14

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:17 pm

Ouch! Landing at GYE at 0330. Sounds like they are trying to fill some downtime.
"I want to know the voice of God the rest is just details" --A. Einstein

Miami
Topic Author

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:58 pm

US Airways began sending its A330-300 on PHL-MIA today!!

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10697178_745869215491972_6620603665786476311_o.jpg

Photo Credit: Miami Spotter (Facebook)

www.facebook.com/MiamiSpotter

Please check out his page and make sure to 'like'. He post great photos daily!
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

Flopped

Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:17 am

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 150):
Hi all,
I was exiting from FLL airport today and I noticed that the Broward Community College Aviation Department 727 (donated by FEDEX) was parked north to south on runway 10R/28L with a van parked next to it. Of course the runway was closed as I saw an "X" on 28L. Does anyone know why the 727 was parked on this runway and was it towed to that spot or does the 727 still have the capability to taxi on its own power?

FLL just wrapped up a two day, full-scale disaster drill. They towed the BCAD 727 up to the runway to use for ARFF rescue training as a simulated crash on the new runway. There were "victims" and all kinds of agencies responding. I, myself, was also a participant!
Also, in answer to your question whether or not the 727 can taxi on its own, I would say yes because all of the original delivered components (including engines) are still on the aircraft despite some internal modifications made to simulate a passenger jet.

acquittal

Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:55 pm

Quoting Miami (Reply 133):

Great thread.

Does anyone know when the AA 777 will be bookable on MIA/BCN? Still showing as 767 ( blech ).

Thanks in advance

Miami
Topic Author

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Quoting acquittal (Reply 154):
Great thread.

Thanks!

Quoting acquittal (Reply 154):
Does anyone know when the AA 777 will be bookable on MIA/BCN?

It's currently bookable. Just checked.

Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

acquittal

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks so much.

I must be doing something wrong. Looking at AA113 in July 2015 and still showing 763. Just checked again as well.

January is indeed 777

Looks like it reverts back to 763 this summer? Wierd, maybe....but it is AA, er I mean US, no it is AA right?

MAH4546

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:21 pm

Quoting acquittal (Reply 156):
Thanks so much.

I must be doing something wrong. Looking at AA113 in July 2015 and still showing 763. Just checked again as well.

January is indeed 777

Looks like it reverts back to 763 this summer? Wierd, maybe....but it is AA, er I mean US, no it is AA right?

Equipment schedules past Feb 10th aren't finalized. It will be a 772 into the summer. Even if you book into a 763 now, the seat map will update to a 772.

Of coruse, that's subject to change, but that's how it will likely turn out.
a.

lpdal

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:53 pm

Although it was quite old by this point, I read the funniest anecdote on an elderly thread earlier today. Basically, Sun Air International used to run PBI-MIA-PBI on a little fleet of eight-seater Piper Navajos. Looking in the database, my claim was corroborated:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Michael Walter

Interestingly enough, I rode on N7090B back in late June to see a girl in a remote Texan village. That was my first EAS (Essential Air Service) experience, and it was great.

Also, MAH and Miami, can you confirm that ExecAir Naples operates MIA-APF-MIA? Their fleet consists of a single Cessna 182, reg N6928A. It's an Air Taxi operator with actual scheduled flights as well...Anyone seen that little sparrow in MIA?

-LPDAL
TWU represented. All of my views and posted content are mine alone, and should not be viewed as official communication from my employer, its subsidiaries thereof, or any other entities or airlines.

MAH4546

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 158):
Also, MAH and Miami, can you confirm that ExecAir Naples operates MIA-APF-MIA? Their fleet consists of a single Cessna 182, reg N6928A. It's an Air Taxi operator with actual scheduled flights as well...Anyone seen that little sparrow in MIA?

Yes, they offer scheduled service between Miami and Naples with a Cessna.
a.

lpdal

Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:11 pm

Quoting Mah4546 (Reply 159):

Yes, they offer scheduled service between Miami and Naples with a Cessna.

This has to be one of the cutest little airlines I've seen. Looks like they've been in business for awhile, too, glad to see that. Airfares are sky-high however, $235 one way (daytrip R/T would be around $500), but I suppose it's worth it for the experience of the 182 and the supposedly posh APF...

-LPDAL
TWU represented. All of my views and posted content are mine alone, and should not be viewed as official communication from my employer, its subsidiaries thereof, or any other entities or airlines.

lpdal

Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:46 am

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5613/15551681549_1740f11178_c_d.jpg
From all of us down in South Florida, Good morning! Just dabbling into spotting while I wait for T1 TSA to open.

-LPDAL

lpdal

Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:26 am

Quoting flopped (Reply 153):

Thanks for that, I was in FLL and wondering what the heck "Drill Airlines" is/was...  

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7566/15133676503_d9524cf5e4_c.jpg

Quoting flopped (Reply 153):
Also, in answer to your question whether or not the 727 can taxi on its own, I would say yes because all of the original delivered components (including engines) are still on the aircraft despite some internal modifications made to simulate a passenger jet.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it isn't airworthy due to the extensive modifications. If the mods weren't approved, wouldn't the county have to file it with the FAA as an Experimental Airplane?

One of my favorite shots from my UA / AA FLL-EWR-ORD-DFW-MIA trip yesterday:

Some people are into planes and trains, I'm into planes and cruise ship tech/ops (thinking of going to the Merchant Marine Academy to become a cruise ship officer  &nbsp . The girl down below is Diamond Princess, a British-registered vessel ironically built in Japan under Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

-LPDAL

Miami
Topic Author

Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:06 pm

British Airways has announced double daily A380 service to MIA beginning on October 25, 2015.

Schedule:
BA207 LHR0910 – 1355MIA 388 D
BA209 LHR1335 – 1820MIA 388 D

BA206 MIA1710 – 0630+1LHR 388 D
BA208 MIA2050 – 1005+1LHR 388 D

Also, United is going 2 daily DEN-MIA beginning December 19.

lpdal

Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Quoting Miami (Reply 163):

I was just out on my balcony and heard the roar of radial engines...And what could it be, a completely airworthy DC-3, heading towards FXE!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7499/15766268745_5ebc4b72b0_c.jpg
Over Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church: Fort Lauderdale, FL. Anyone know the tail number of this beauty?

-LPDAL

saleya22r

Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi guys, I am visiting Miami now and wonder if the Wings over Miami museum in Kendall is worth visiting? Looks pretty small. Anyone been there?

s4popo

Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:35 pm

Quoting saleya22r (Reply 165):

It's OK. I'm not sure what you consider worthy, but it's definitely not as good as it used to be back in the Kermit Weeks days (prior to Hurricane Andrew.)

eksath
Crew

Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 150):
Hi all,

I was exiting from FLL airport today and I noticed that the Broward Community College Aviation Department 727 (donated by
FEDEX) was parked north to south on runway 10R/28L with a van parked next to it. Of course the runway was closed as I saw
an "X" on 28L. Does anyone know why the 727 was parked on this runway and was it towed to that spot or does the 727 still
have the capability to taxi on its own power?

The Broward Community College Aviation Department 727 was removed to the North Perry airport in January 2006.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Suresh A. Atapattu
View Large View Medium

Hence the recent donation from FEDEX is the one at FLL is not the BCC one seen above.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Maurilio

It belongs to Broward County Aviation Department now hence the BCD titles seen in the picture link below.

Pictures of the "Drill Air" emergency on Nov. 5th are here at the link below:

FLL Emergency Drill 2014 in pictures
World Wide Aerospace Photography

Miami
Topic Author

Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:19 pm

Quoting saleya22r (Reply 165):
Wings over Miami museum

I like it. I recommend it.

Enjoy your time in Miami!

Miami
Topic Author

Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:32 pm

Per The Next Miami:

Quote:
MIA airport officials are now moving forward with plans to convert a gate in Concourse H for A380 use. Air France currently uses the concourse, and plans to begin daily A380 flights in early December. Lufthansa’s daily A380 flight operates from a gate in Concourse J that is capable of handling the plane.
Quote:
The new British Airways A380 flights will use a gate in Concourse D that was recently rebuilt to accommodate the double-deck Airbus.

saleya22r

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:27 am

Quoting s4popo (Reply 166):
Quoting Miami (Reply 168):

Thank you for your comments! It's actually a short drive from Doral where I am staying.

Miami
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:40 am

Quoting saleya22r (Reply 170):
Thank you for your comments! It's actually a short drive from Doral where I am staying.

Of course, no problem.

May I ask, how did you arrive in Miami?

lpdal

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:53 am

Quoting eksath (Reply 167):
BCD

BCAD.

Quoting eksath (Reply 167):

The Broward Community College Aviation Department 727 was removed to the North Perry airport in January 2006.

It wasn't removed. It was donated to the Broward College School of Aviation and repainted in the School's colors--blue and white. The backstory, as was told to me by the BCSA's headmaster, was that one of the Fedex pilots was sure he could land it at HWO if he managed to completely empty the A/C and remove all of its unnecessary components, he could land it on the longest runway at North Perry which has a length of a bit more than 3,000 feet. His plans were ultimately shelved, and they sawed the wings off, put it on a flatbed, and hauled it down to HWO, where it was reassembled and repainted into Broward College colors. According to the college's headmaster, it is not airworthy, and cannot taxi under its own power as the engines are disabled. It is used to train maintenance students at the college.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Alessandro Lukas

-LPDAL

skybird77

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:57 am

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 164):
I was just out on my balcony and heard the roar of radial engines...And what could it be, a completely airworthy DC-3, heading towards FXE!

I wonder if it's the same one that I saw from my office window (in Miramar). My window is facing west, and he was flying north following I75. Obviously, he had left OPF. I've also had the pleasure in the past two days of hearing the radials and seeing a Convair fly by (also climbing out of Opa-locka). Now if only I could see and hear the lovely whistling sound of a Lockheed L-188 Electra.... How I miss that bird!

saleya22r

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:22 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 171):

Good question as we sailed with Norwegian Epic from Barcelona, 2 weeks. Easyjet NCE BCN. A great overall experience. Incidentally we fly back with Norwegian, FLL LGW. Previous trip was shall we say more mainstream with IB.

lpdal

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:24 am

WestJet has moved all ops to T1, Concourse Charlie at FLL.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3955/15047583304_b45116ee6d_c.jpg

-LPDAL

Miami
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:24 am

Quoting saleya22r (Reply 174):
Good question as we sailed with Norwegian Epic from Barcelona, 2 weeks. Easyjet NCE BCN. A great overall experience.

Must've been fun! Glad you enjoyed the experience.

Quoting saleya22r (Reply 174):
we fly back with Norwegian, FLL LGW

Nice!! On board a 787!   

Again, enjoy your time in South Florida and safe travels back home!

eksath
Crew

Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:37 pm

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 172):
It wasn't removed. It was donated to the Broward College School of Aviation and repainted in the School's colors--blue and white. The backstory, as was told to me by the BCSA's headmaster, was that one of the Fedex pilots was sure he could land it at HWO if he managed to completely empty the A/C and remove all of its unnecessary components, he could land it on the longest runway at North Perry which has a length of a bit more than 3,000 feet. His plans were ultimately shelved, and they sawed the wings off, put it on a flatbed, and hauled it down to HWO, where it was reassembled and repainted into Broward College colors. According to the college's headmaster, it is not airworthy, and cannot taxi under its own power as the engines are disabled. It is used to train maintenance students at the college.

The aircraft was donated to BCC at FLL in a ceremony at the FEDEX center. BCC had to foot the bill to REMOVE it to North Perry which they did almost 2 years later. i.e. it sat at FLL from March 2004 to January 2006.
By the way, FEDEX took the engines that came with her. They gave some old engines to replace them hence they were never able to run.

It sat there that long because BCC had come up with the money to REMOVE it off the FLL property and take it via road to North Perry. Once the money got budgeted collected, World Wide Aircraft Recovery was hired to REMOVE the aircraft to North Perry.

By the way, the landing was not the problem. The $xxx,xxx question was can the tarmac and taxiways support the full weight of the aircraft? It was decided that it cannot hence the 2 year wait to REMOVE her to North Perry via road.

Once her wings were sawed/dissasembled off into stumps, the FLL fence near the old Amerijet facility was removed and she was rolled out from the airside. She sat there for a bit before the final move.

View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

She went down sections of Ravenswood,Griffin Road,441,Pines, University Drive to get to Perry.

>

View Large View Medium

World Wide Aerospace Photography

lpdal

Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Quoting eksath (Reply 178):

Geeze man, chill out. I was just relaying what the headmaster told us on our tour of BCC. And I didn't deny any of the process that it went through to get to HWO, you just went into more detail about it (notice how all I said was "The wings were sawed off and the aircraft was moved down to HWO", not going into any detail about who sawed off the wings, who the truck driver was, or what grade of metal the wings were composed of).

Quoting eksath (Reply 178):
Once the money got budgeted collected, World Wide Aircraft Recovery was hired to REMOVE the aircraft to North Perry.

You can't "remove" something to somewhere else. I believe you mean "move". That's like saying "I removed my car from my house to the Hibiscus garage at FLL so it would be there when I got home from my trip". The word "remove" is not grammatically correct in this context. The aircraft was moved from FLL to HWO, it was not removed from FLL to HWO...In any event, thank you for that background information. I enjoy seeing your photos, and have utilized several in my own trip reports, but you don't have to react so harshly when I made a few factual errors...

-LPDAL

Miami
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:26 pm

From The Next Miami:

Quote:
American Airlines is expanding fast at Miami International Airport, and gate space is running short.

American also recently switched to a ‘peaking schedule’ at MIA, where flights land and depart at peak times rather than spread throughout the day, requiring more gate space.

To resolve this issue, airport officials are preparing to spend $65 million to ‘modernize’ the existing gates in Concourse E (some of which are already in use by American), and make them more efficient.
http://www.thenextmiami.com/index.ph...nal-accommodate-american-airlines/

OB1504

Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:57 am

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 158):
Although it was quite old by this point, I read the funniest anecdote on an elderly thread earlier today. Basically, Sun Air International used to run PBI-MIA-PBI on a little fleet of eight-seater Piper Navajos. Looking in the database, my claim was corroborated:

Sun Air now sells first officer positions in addition to air transportation. It's the same scab behind the old/infamous Gulfstream Academy.

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 160):
This has to be one of the cutest little airlines I've seen. Looks like they've been in business for awhile, too, glad to see that. Airfares are sky-high however, $235 one way (daytrip R/T would be around $500), but I suppose it's worth it for the experience of the 182 and the supposedly posh APF...

For that much, it's cheaper (and infinitely more fun) to rent an airplane and fly yourself! It's a pretty simple VFR flight following either the Tamiami Trail or Alligator Alley, and the hospitality at APF is second-to-none.

Quoting Miami (Reply 179):
http://www.thenextmiami.com/index.ph...nal-accommodate-american-airlines/

Long overdue. The E satellite is an embarrassment.

lpdal

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:12 am

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 180):

For that much, it's cheaper (and infinitely more fun) to rent an airplane and fly yourself! It's a pretty simple VFR flight following either the Tamiami Trail or Alligator Alley, and the hospitality at APF is second-to-none.

I'm working on my PPL now! Though I read your post wrong at first and thought it said "the HOSPITAL is second to none", and was about to reply "Well, I'm not that old, but given the elderly demographic of Naples......" 
Quoting OB1504 (Reply 180):

Long overdue. The E satellite is an embarrassment.

I have found more than a few derelict corners of the Miami airport fully open and accessible...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7462/15711373476_80f130ff4a_c.jpg
LPDAL's Photostream on Flickr - Photo Sharing
That's my best friend up top--and we couldn't stop laughing at this dirty, broken down chamber deep in the underbelly of MIA...

-LPDAL

OB1504

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:32 am

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 181):
That's my best friend up top--and we couldn't stop laughing at this dirty, broken down chamber deep in the underbelly of MIA...

The E1 bus station! I found a first class AA blanket still in its original packing there five years ago and I travel with it regularly. That being said, the bus station is currently closed to the public. Do not attempt to visit the bus station in the E satellite as it connects to a CBP sterile circulation area. I can't even go there with my airport credentials.

lpdal

Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Quoting Miami (Thread starter):

Gooooooooooodddd morning from the MIA Gate D30 Admiral's Club! AA sure knows how to make a good egg sandwich!  https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7494/15608637837_588c13d35f_b.jpg
Just hopping up to Tampa for my cousin's christening. 

-LPDAL

lpdal

Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:51 pm

I have to say, AA's 738 first class hard product sure beats United and Delta. Sure, there's no IFE, but for a short 25-minute hop from MIA to TPA, who needs it? The seats are upholstered in cloth and thickly padded too!   

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7501/15608551259_fc03e61f0a_c_d.jpg
Lots of Vignelli Associates-designed Eagles give the cabin a touch of class and character as well. Looks like I'm going to have a nice puddle jump to Tampa. 

-LPDAL

Miami
Topic Author

Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Today is the start of Qatar Airways added frequency into MIA. (5 weekly)

Aircraft is 77W.

Frontier14

Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Does anyone know what terminal and gate Frontier will be assigned when they start MIA service next month? Thanks

Frontier 14

Miami
Topic Author

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Quoting Frontier14 (Reply 186):

I believe they will be in the Central Terminal.

lpdal

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Does anyone know what terminal and gate Frontier will be assigned when they start MIA service next month? Thanks

Frontier 14

It's still TBA according to several sources, although I'm sure it won't be that necessary to know this far in advance as I'm sure there will be well-marked signage.

You just reminded me of something, before Frontier turned into an ULCC, MIA was completely devoid of non-international low cost carriers. No wonder fares are always so high out of MIA, due to the lack of carriers like WN, B6, NK, etc...MIA must have been the largest airport without a dedicated LCC or ULCC airline serving the airfield before F9 rebranded.

-LPDAL

Miami
Topic Author

Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:21 am

Qatar Airways 777-300ER this past Monday.

Photo via MIA Twitter. @iflymia.

Great photo of QR at MIA!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2wZTnzIMAALoKI.jpg:large

lpdal

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:42 am

===
FLL Updates, November 20th, 2014
===

I didn't have much to do today, so I drove down to FLL tonight (11/20/2014) to see if there had been any majors changes. Yes, yes there had...

Very little traffic on a night like tonight...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7497/15645813899_a11605d277_c.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7312/13039735253_05fd7485d7_c.jpg
Note removal of the AirTran stickers despite FL operating flights up until December 28th (the bottom image was take in March 2014, but the stickers were there as recently as October 2014). This made me get a knot in my stomach, I know I have the final AirTran 717 FLL-ATL-FLL flights booked, but it's sad to see another airline go just like that...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7529/15829740551_6f1bb37154_c.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7560/15807982666_662055372d_c.jpg
Overview of Terminal 1's Christmas Decorations.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8399/15645807989_c32bf93871_c.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5608/15211648134_8db102a31f_c.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5603/15211649654_3070a46b92_c.jpg
The all-new ticketing counters in Terminal Red (2) for Delta and Air Canada, decked out with cerulean moodlighting and diagonal ceiling luminescence.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7543/15807975056_104b8bf8af_c.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7507/15645800609_c47dd9b4be_c.jpg
The very last Thanksgiving and Christmas that US Airways will live to see over in Terminal 3, the "Purple" Terminal...       Note that the entire floor is now marble artwork.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7576/15646185848_2d4d977181_c.jpg
Norwegian Air Shuttle (DY) all set up with brand-new flooring and dedicated navy-adorned checkin desks. I think they were heading to ARN tonight.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5605/15646775000_413b24fec9_c.jpg
NK in the "Green" Terminal, Terminal 4. Looks like they're doing quite alright if I do say so myself.  https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5612/15807970996_1929ebb3b4_c.jpg
Concourse J or Terminal 4.5, the commuter terminal housing II (IBC Airways) and Q7 (SkyBahamas Airlines).

If you want to add me on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/lpdal/relationship/

-LPDAL

[Edited 2014-11-19 21:55:47]

Miami
Topic Author

Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:39 am

TAM is increasing GRU-MIA in NS15, from 17 to 20 weekly, starting March 29 to June 28. After June 28, TAM will operate GRU-MIA 18 weekly.

Schedule:
JJ8094 GRU1025 – 1745MIA 77W D
JJ8090 GRU2330 – 0645+1MIA 77W D
JJ8034 GRU2350 – 0725+1MIA 330 135
JJ8034 GRU2355 – 0715+1MIA 330 247

JJ8095 MIA1000 – 1935GRU 77W D
JJ8091 MIA2000 – 0535+1GRU 77W D
JJ8035 MIA2115 – 0700+1GRU 330 135
JJ8035 MIA2330 – 0850+1GRU 330 247

uberflieger

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 190):
I didn't have much to do today

Glad you didn't   love your reports - keep them coming!

lpdal

Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Quoting uberflieger (Reply 192):

Thanks for your kind words. I have five reports I have to write at the moment but I'm short on leisure time. And I always end up having some tech problems...Basically, I have two laptops, a Lenovo Ideapad Y500 and a Lenovo Y50 (the newer successor to the y500). The Y500 has a blood-boiling tendency to just shut down and update itself via Windows Update out of nowhere, and I've lost several paragraphs worth of work due to that. And the Y50 disconnects from the internet every 30 minutes or so...I'm in school to be a certified computer technician, and I'm having severe difficulty fixing it. It's really getting tiring, and I'm not the only one with these Intel GHz network adapter problems....Ugh. I think I'm just going to clean install Windows 7 on the Y50, and give the Y500 to my friend as his laptop is quite beat up.

I noticed the trip reports forum is quite dry of new reports at the moment, rest assured, I'm writing whenever I have a free moment. But these ostentatious tech problems are hindering my progress.

-LPDAL

KPWMSpotter

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 172):
According to the college's headmaster, it is not airworthy, and cannot taxi under its own power as the engines are disabled. It is used to train maintenance students at the college.

Back in 2010, the story I heard was that the #2 engine and the APU are kept operational for maintenance classes to operate. Not sure of the validity of that claim though.

I have a few cockpit photos of this 727 uploaded on the *ahhem* other aviation website, the one that has photos of jets, among other things.
I reject your reality and substitute my own...

777Jet

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:00 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 189):

Great pics mate!

I almost flew Qatar the last time I visited the USA - their 777s and the cabins look very nice!
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

Miami
Topic Author

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:03 am

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 195):
Great pics mate!

Thanks! Pleasure to share.  
I almost flew Qatar the last time I visited the USA

Be sure to try out MIA-DOH!  
their 777s and the cabins look very nice!

Indeed they do. I tried their business product and I must say, it was one great experience.

OB1504

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:07 am

Does anyone know what terminal and gate Frontier will be assigned when they start MIA service next month?

They will more than likely use gates in Concourse G.

Miami
Topic Author

Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:22 pm

MIA expects more than 914,000 passengers during Thanksgiving week.

lpdal

Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Quoting Miami (Reply 198):

Whoa! I'm going on my FLL-ATL-MSP-ATL-FLL DL F 747 trip next Sunday (the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Sunday after are the busiest US domestic travel days of the year, luckily rev F gives you Sky Priority so I should be okay)--only 8 days away!! So excited!!      I'll be sure to post pictures from the Upper Deck, "Suite 79K", and from nose suite 1A.   

-LPDAL

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos