aviationaware

RE: German Aviation Thread - Part 2

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Quoting uberflieger (Reply 144):
A 3 hour ICE and tons of service throughout the day is 'no appropriate rail connection'?

No, considering that it runs at regional rail speeds between Bremen and Hannover. The Ryanair service was faster and also cheaper if booked smartly.
I think I don't need to point out how vastly superior a Ryanair flight would be over any ICE on routes from Munich to northern Germany.

seahawk

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:31 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 140):
They would have a big competitor called Deutsche Bahn, few routes would be viable for FR to operate, considering their Long check in times.
With DB you hop on the Train and dont even Need a Reservation.

Careful the new price structure of the DB has changed a lot. I booked 2 flights from DUS to MUC and to STR (with AB unfortunately) that were cheaper than going with the DB. And that is without considering the need to stay a night when using the Bahn.

uberflieger

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Quoting AviationAware (Reply 148):
No, considering that it runs at regional rail speeds between Bremen and Hannover

How nice, you can kick back and take in the magnificent country side of Niedersachsen.  

Dude, it's one thing to have a personal preference and you obviously do, but it simply doesn't make sense to offer flights between a city pair 400 km apart, with excellent road and train infrastructure.
I was unaware Ryanair flew this route, but that it was discontinued should be a clue other people do not have the same aversion travelling 100 km at 'regional rail speeds'.

The only carrier to possibly consider offering flights in a market like this would be a hub carrier with enough connecting traffic supporting the few people like you flying it P2P.

Delta777Jet

Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 147):
about their restrictive carry on policy?

Not that restrictive any longer. Now you can carry two bags one up to 10kg and a smaller one with you. So that's basically the same as on any other airline. The worst in Europe in terms of hand luggage is Wizz Air who even differentiate between a small and very small hand luggage and of course charge for the smaller one. So everyone who show up at the gate with a small hand bag will find out to pay extra because there is even smaller ones.
I still miss Trans World Airlines and the L-1011

PanHAM

Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:24 pm

Like I said, not my Problem since it will be a Long time until FR serves FRA. Concerning the weight limitrations, you don't have that on the legacy carriers. Just been on a flight with Lh and back with LX via ZRH, all flights full including the bins.

The weight limits are a scham to make Money, nothing else.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

Delta777Jet

Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:55 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 152):
The weight limits are a scham to make Money, nothing else.

True
I still miss Trans World Airlines and the L-1011

seahawk

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:56 am

Seems another bad day for AB ahead. TV should show today, that they are systematically avoiding compensations for passengers.

aviationaware

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:18 am

Quoting seahawk (Reply 154):
TV should show today, that they are systematically avoiding compensations for passengers.

Nothing new for anyone in the business.

seahawk

Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:26 am

But for the larger public.

r2rho

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:33 am

We had a thread about Ryanair domestic recently:
Ryanair/easyjet And The German Domestic Market (by vfw614 Dec 15 2014 in Civil Aviation)

Basically, the price you can offer is limited on the lower side by the high taxes, and on the upper side by the train prices. There is very little margin to compete on price, and very little if any profit to be made. German domestic only makes economic sense for LH group really, with their loyal business pax + feed traffic. AB has some feed here and there and keeps LH honest on a handful of routes, but has strongly cut back their former domestic network otherwise.

ThReaTeN

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:55 am

Quoting Ju068 (Reply 4):
By the way, how is the construction of the new terminal in Munich coming along? Will it be the same layout as the one across it?
Quoting AviationAware (Reply 5):
Construction is coming along nicely. You can already see the layout in Google Earth.

That alone speaks volumes about the difference between the parasite Berlin and the economic machine that is Munich (and Bavaria, Baden-Württemberg, Hesse etc. in general).

Just move the capital city functions back to Bonn, let Berlin fade naturally into complete insignificance and leave Berlin-Brandenburg Airport standing as a monument to Berlinian incompetence, inefficiency and corruption.

[Edited 2015-01-12 01:56:56]

[Edited 2015-01-12 01:57:27]

steman

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:13 pm

Quoting ThReaTeN (Reply 158):
Just move the capital city functions back to Bonn, let Berlin fade naturally into complete insignificance and leave Berlin-Brandenburg Airport standing as a monument to Berlinian incompetence, inefficiency and corruption.

WTF???

on behalf of 3,4 million people in Berlin, thank you for your kind words.
Feel welcome anytime in Berlin.

JU068

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Lufthansa is rescheduling its Munich-Belgrade flights by suspending the overnight rotation and by switching to an early afternoon flight.

MUC-BEG 11.10-12.35
BEG-MUC 13.10-14.40

MUC-BEG 14.40-16.05
BEG-MUC 16.40-18.15

Frankfurt will remain as it is with the overnight and afternoon flight. Could this mean that LH is shifting its Belgrade to North America passengers to Frankfurt? They certainly have a lot of O&D passengers to/from Munich given that their first competitor is Wizz Air out of Memmingen.

Luftfahrer

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:47 pm

TV should show today, that they are systematically avoiding compensations for passengers.

By now I have two open cases against them. Have been waiting for my money for three months or so. Looks like legal action will be taken here after all. My warning stands as it is:

Beware Of Flying Airberlin (by Luftfahrer Dec 20 2014 in Aviation Polls)
'He resembled a pilot, which to a seaman is trustworthiness personified.' Joseph Conrad

JU068

Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:40 pm

Aegean launches 2 weekly Larnaca-Munich flights.

A3 762 15.10-17.50
A3 763 18.45-22.50

Airbus A320

uberflieger

Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:53 pm

A bit of sad news for German aviation. Hamburg Airways is in trouble.
http://atwonline.com/finance-data/ha...+AtwDailyNews+%28ATW+Daily+News%29
Hopefully they'll restructure successfully!   

Looks like a new convention hotel will be built within walking distance of FRA T2.   
http://europe-re.com/strauss-partner...nt-site-frankfurt-airport-de/48374

Have a great day   

Luftfahrer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 pm

I watched the whole documentary and now I am even more shocked at how they treat their customers, though not surprised. What is shown in the video is a 100% my experience with them. The systematics behind it is still baffling. I am glad that I never bothered getting in touch with their customer service, it would only have been wasted time. AB must be really confident they will be saved by whose money whatsoever. In the wake of the recent events at AUH, they seem to have at least found a fitting partner in EY. What belongs together, comes together. LOL

http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/WDR/Au...cumentId=25798790&bcastId=18198186

[Edited 2015-01-14 07:03:03]
'He resembled a pilot, which to a seaman is trustworthiness personified.' Joseph Conrad

PanHAM

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:00 pm

I don#t have the time to watch the whole 40 minutes.

Back in the late 60s to 1971 I flew several times per year HAM LHR EDI usually LH to LHR and BE to EDI. The fare then was, with a German government reduction through my father around DM 400,00
In today's Money that is probably € 800,00. Since Christmas was always travelling time, plus easter, fog delay at LHR was usual, Inclduing diversions. They always put me up in a Hotel and got me from A to B inclduing meal voucher. No questions asked, it was Standard procedure.

Now we have fares which are a fraction of then and we have a EU commission that does not understand business. It is a simple fact that I cannot pay e 250,00 compensation on a fare of € 100,00. It does not work, especially when the judge tells you as an Airline that it is your fault when you do not have a spare Crew, a spare aircraft and whatever else at each and every Point of your System.
Complying with such idiotic requirement means that you might Close shop straight away. Most of the Problems are poltically made, with rules and regulations, night curfews etc. If DUS would be open for late arrivalds that Family would have saved about 6 or 7 hours.

Next, ill informed passengers do not deserve better. From the Looks, they have booked a package tour. Which means, go to your travel Agent and ask them to get yourself the compensation. If no pckage tour, go to a lawyer or to that Company who takes care of ypour Problems for a fee. Guaranteed costs on sucess only. A few clicks in the net do the trick. Instead of grilling their behinds in the Algarve sun thy should use their Brains.

I can understand AB in a way, for them it is self defense struggling for survival. LH can bear such compensations much better.

For a passenger , make your right choice, fly proper Airlines, My wife an I are just back from a couple of days in VLC, LH FRA to VLC and back via ZRH on LX. all 3 flights on time.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

LTH

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Quoting Luftfahrer (Reply 161):
By now I have two open cases against them. Have been waiting for my money for three months or so. Looks like legal action will be taken here after all. My warning stands as it is:

Beware Of Flying Airberlin (by Luftfahrer Dec 20 2014 in Aviation Polls)

I guess it is pretty harsh to tell people to be aware of flying AB because you personally have had two (out of many I assume) unpleasant experiences with them.
I haven't had any problems with them on many flights I take regularly with them (that is because of AB being a one world member and I can collect FF BA Exec. Club miles with them). For flying through Europe they still offer a good product for reasonable prices and an overall good service on board though I admit their service was much better a couple of years ago.
I understand your situation and you're free take any legal action against them that you want to, but haven't we heard the same troubles and tactics from FR a couple of years ago? They were/are criticized heavily for their customer service.
After all I'm sure every airline, in fact every business out there, tries to avoid paying for compensations as much as they can. (Just see the current case of the Apple Care ProtectionPlan here in Germany.)

I still hope you get the compensation that is due to you. Three months is an unacceptable period of time.

LTH

Edit: I agree heavily with PanHAM.

[Edited 2015-01-14 09:15:43]

Luftfahrer

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Quoting LTH (Reply 166):
I guess it is pretty harsh to tell people to be aware of flying AB because you personally have had two (out of many I assume) unpleasant experiences with them.

You have seen the video, haven't you? I have flown AB ten times over the course of one year, and out of those flights, two were completely messed up (i.e. 20% - quite a high figure). My main criticism remains targeted at how AB handled the situations both times - the lack of basic help, of information and the indifference of their employees (not once did one of them even say 'sorry', and that is basic manners). Their policy when it comes to compensation payments just fits in the picture very well.

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 165):
your fault when you do not have a spare Crew, a spare aircraft and whatever else at each and every Point of your System.

That is a good point, I think the law needs refinement. It is obviously a difference if I'm flying out of an airline's base (where they must have spare crews and planes) or back to base from a far away outstation and the plane goes tech after landing there.
Regarding compensation payments, it's true, a lot of money is on the table here. Still, if it didn't hurt, then airlines probably wouldn't care too much about delays and cancellations. I think that even if they informed passengers openly about their rights, most wouldn't care anyway. If they treated them better and maybe offered some form of instant compensation, they would be even better off. The family in the video said they'd have been fine with a 200€ compensation right away - the airline ended up paying them 1600€ and lost them as a customer.

aviationaware

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Quoting LTH (Reply 166):

Honestly, you can be of another opinion about the consequences, but not about the issue itself. When everything goes smoothly, Air Berlin is a nice airline. But everyone who has ever had problems I know or heard of (including myself) has told the same story - horrible experience.
I would like to blame this on Etihad, but they started doing this way before Etihad came along.

Quoting LTH (Reply 166):
After all I'm sure every airline, in fact every business out there, tries to avoid paying for compensations as much as they can.

Naturally. It's more the fact that Air Berlin is simply ignoring requests in such matters regularly than anything else. Not a best practice at all.

LTH

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Quoting Luftfahrer (Reply 167):
how AB handled the situations both times

I get your point. 2 flights out of 10 is simply too high. I admit I have never had such experiences with them (*knock on wood*). Your and Aviations experiences seem to fit my picture of their worsening inflight service. I always hope to be on a flight operated by a TUIfly Crew since they are much friendlier and make you truly feel welcome on board.

Quoting AviationAware (Reply 168):
I would like to blame this on Etihad

Me too. I can't even count anymore how many times they mention Etihad, Etihad Partners, in cooperation with Etihad... AB please just admit it: You are Etihad Regional Germany.

Quoting Luftfahrer (Reply 167):
some form of instant compensation

I guess they can't simply open their cash box at the airport after a flight gets cancelled. Instead the airlines should offer a dedicated phone number/email address where customers whose flight got delayed or cancelled can get a quick and fast solution to their worries/problems, as they do after abnormal service operations (thunderstorms, accidents etc.). Nothing is worse if you feel that a request you send to a company seems to be not worked on or lost in the jungle of their customer service center. I know a few customer service center in Germany that do excellent jobs though.

LTH

PanHAM

Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:57 pm

There is always instant compensation as the Airline provides accommodation and meals in case of delay. The cash compensations Need refinement indeed. For Starters, 50% of the paid fare up to a set amount, which could be the present € 250,00.

Then, if an aircraft goes tech, that is unforseeable, I don'Ät have to explain this here. ATC delays are unforseeable and much more. With realistic reasons for compensation, the carriers would not Need to Play the tricks. I see if I watch the film in full tomorrow.ore then.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

aviationaware

Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 170):
There is always instant compensation as the Airline provides accommodation and meals in case of delay.

I have experienced a delay with Air Berlin where we should have been given a hotel room, food and drink. What we got was 0.5 liters of water. The only thing that Air Berlin was willing to hand out without a law suit in the aftermath was a 50€ voucher. Absolutely unacceptable.
So yes, in theory they have to - but they don't.

JU068

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:44 pm

Is there anywhere where I can watch the AB documentary with English subtitles?

PanHAM

Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:07 am

Quoting JU068 (Reply 172):
Is there anywhere where I can watch the AB documentary with English subtitles?

No, that is a local TV production, unless an English station buys that and does the tranlation, there won't be an Ennglish Version.

Now, I watched the film to the end and the conculsion is, here is a Company operating on the edge and trying to survive by all means. From their Point of view it is understandable.

Fundamentally wroing is the far too high compensation. The lawmakers have ignored the fact that in many cases the compensation is higher than what he customer has paid. They have also ignored the fact that the carriers, in many cases, have no influence on the delays but still have to pay compensation. That can be ruinos in the Long run.

If AB saved 39 Million € in a year where they have lost 390 Million, a full compensation would have added 10% to that already high loss.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

PanHAM

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:26 am

AB has lost another court case. They must Show the end Price of a flight on the first booking page. No further Details yet but I have again a Feeling that this is Kind of an over protection of consumers.
OTH LH is doing that but they include the Sandwich and the luggage in the Price.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

captaincrackers

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:47 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 174):
OTH LH is doing that but they include the Sandwich and the luggage in the Price.

AB has long done the same. The court case in question refers to AB's 2008 practices.

PanHAM

Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:56 am

As said, I haven't seen the details yet, just reflecting on a Radio news item which in a way elates to the Topic we discuss.

But it shows how lazy the justice system works and how careless the media is.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

LTH

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Now back to the more delighting news:

Fraport reported their passenger numbers for 2014: 59,6 Mio. passengers (+2,6%) [new record]

Munich Airport reported their 2014 numbers as well: 29,7 Mio. passengers (+2,9%) [new record]

Link: http://www.fraport.com/en/investor-r...affic-figures/traffic-figures.html
Link for MUC in German only: http://www.airliners.de/rekord-fluggaeste-airport-muenchen/34637

LTH

seahawk

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:19 pm

I think the compensation afterwards should set to max. 100% of the ticket price with the current values as an upper limit. However airlines should be punished much harder if they fail to provide the instant compensations. And when it comes to that AB is surely bad. I had a long 5 hours delay at PMI and they gave you a 5 Euro voucher, not even enough for a coke and a snack. I had a 2 hours delay with LH, they gave you a 20 Euro voucher. That was enough for a drink, a snack and a coffee.

r2rho

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Quoting Luftfahrer (Reply 161):

I can understand your point, but I also understand AB in this. And it's not just AB, try getting a compensation from someone other than LH - that includes some other legacies as well, not just LCC's. And AB is fighting for survival so they will try even harder to avoid any compensation. But this just sounds like the makers of the documentary specifically wanted to pick on AB.
The EU rules are completely out of touch with reality and remind of the "Golden Age" of expensive full-fare flying for the wealthier, not the glorified bus operations we have today.

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 174):
AB has lost another court case. They must Show the end Price of a flight on the first booking page.

A very old court case from 2008 - things haven't been that way for many years now. But AB will get the bad press as if it had happened today.

uberflieger

Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Quoting r2rho (Reply 179):
But this just sounds like the makers of the documentary specifically wanted to pick on AB

WDR & Lufti are both in Cologne. Go figure  

PanHAM

Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Quoting LTH (Reply 177):
Munich Airport reported their 2014 numbers as well: 29,7 Mio. passengers (+2,9%) [new record]

The MUC figures should be 39, not 29.

The numbers are OK, but without all the stupid strikes last year FRA would have surpassed the 60 Million mark and it is save to say that MUC would have hit the 40 mio.

Quoting r2rho (Reply 179):
A very old court case from 2008 - things haven't been that way for many years now. But AB will get the bad press as if it had

In a way they deserve it. Take the meal voucher, 5€ at an Airport buys next to nothing. In Transit at ZRH last Saturday I still had 40 CHF from previous trips. That bough 2 coffees and 2 Cups of wine and 2 sclices of bruscetta at th March. I have some small Change left.e
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

LTH

Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:43 pm

Correct PanHAM, should be 39.
So we have FRA, MUC and TXL+SXF all scratching at record marks. (60, 40 and 28 million passengers respectively.)

The strikes were ridiculous last year. Let's hope this year will be better, but I doubt it. VC wants to prepare for strikes again.

LTH

PanHAM

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:26 pm

That is one of the News today and such a strike would be illegal as they are actually striking against the Wings concept. Any other issue would have been settled Long time ago, but VC is obviousloy refusing any offer. Looks like they settle for an Agreement only after LH has scrapped any Wings üproject.

But as said, that would be an illegal strike against a Management decision which is approved by the supervisory board in which VC has seats as well, along with other "workers" representatives. They should take a Close look at IAG which is on the winning side and to Air France which is on the losing side. If VC wants to Joint the losers they should think twice and better jump back into the real world.

LH can survive as a leading European and World carrier only by developng new products and the Wings concept is the way to do it. It will be the base for the 5 * carrier.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

seahawk

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:47 pm

FAs are soon going to join the strike.

uberflieger

Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:52 pm

Had a big grin about this one.
http://www.n-tv.de/wirtschaft/Qatar-...-den-A350-vor-article14330651.html
'Provokation im Wohnzimmer' 

stylo777

Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:15 pm

Quoting seahawk (Reply 184):

Had a big grin about this one.
http://www.n-tv.de/wirtschaft/Qatar-...-den-A350-vor-article14330651.html
'Provokation im Wohnzimmer' 

well, as much as we all know AAB for his media statements, I believe there is another reason why they have chosen FRA as the 1st destination. first of all, it is a rather short flight with requirement of only one frame. this will also allow crews to get familiar faster. moreover, FRA is a very good maintenance base for the A350 if something goes wrong. as far as I remember, LH Technik is somehow involved in the maintenance of QR.

I think, LHR would be a more prestigous route to introduce this new bird; however, the bigger brother 380 did the honours already a few months ago.

uberflieger

Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:26 pm

Quoting stylo777 (Reply 186):
I believe there is another reason why they have chosen FRA as the 1st destination

Totally agree, but the spin by the article is so much more fun   

uberflieger

Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:40 pm

Breaking News: Joerg Marks to become successor to Mehdorn
http://www.n-tv.de/wirtschaft/Angebl...lger-gefunden-article14331841.html
While not official, the press seems to have credible 'insider' confirmation.

cougar15
Topic Author

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Quoting uberflieger (Reply 188):
Breaking News: Joerg Marks to become successor to Mehdorn
http://www.n-tv.de/wirtschaft/Angebl...lger-gefunden-article14331841.html
While not official, the press seems to have credible 'insider' confirmation

well, so much for the rumours about Garvens! Good ridance, he should stay at CGN and keep doing what he is doing, rather than burn his fingers on/at BER      
some you lose, others you can´t win!

uberflieger

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:19 pm

A new day and new whistle blowers   
We can add Karsten Muehlenfeld from Rolls Royce Germany to the list of candidates.
http://www.n-tv.de/wirtschaft/Gesell...orn-Nachfolge-article14334246.html

JU068

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:29 am

From May 6th 2015 Germania will add a one weekly flight between Munich and Larnaca. One way fare starts at €99.

Aegean will be also launching its own two weekly flights in April.

777way

Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Kuwait Airways are to resume Munich from this summer, no details.

Bambel

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi,

i have a question about FRA that's not worth an own thread i guess.

When i stand at the end of runway 18 in the south and a plane takes off, sometimes i can hear a noise that sounds a bit like a helicopter. Like a "rattling". Anybody know what i mean and knows something?

thanks,
b.

PanHAM

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:07 pm

First question is, how did you get there? Very few People except the Airport ranger who looks after the rabbit Population have that Chance.

I was once on a tour for "Pro FRA" members and they let us off the bus at that place and I cannot recall hearing anything except the growth of the grass. Of course when a Jet took off on the 18 that overflight can be noticed.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

galleypower

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Quoting seahawk (Reply 184):
FAs are soon going to join the strike.

Unlikely. They are entering the preagreed arbitration process.

galleypower

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:06 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 183):
Any other issue would have been settled Long time ago, but VC is obviousloy refusing any offer. Looks like they settle for an Agreement only after LH has scrapped any Wings üproject.

There arent any offers made by LH to VC concerning the WINGS. Management decides and executes. WINGS is not negociateable. (So far anyway)

They should take a Close look at IAG which is on the winning side and to Air France which is on the losing side

They look very closley, believe me. But its not comparable. You can look at it from a lot of different angles. Is the shareholder looking nicely or the employee. Is the airline looking nicely, or is it just the holding. Is it worth to transform a company to maximum profit and jet around the globe protected just by EU OPS minima? Take it from me, you wont last long enough to enjoy the profits made.

LH can survive as a leading European and World carrier only by developng new products and the Wings concept is the way to do it. It will be the base for the 5 * carrier.

The WINGS concept ist not based on quality and premium prices, its based on very low production cost and thus low fares. You cant build 5* on this concept.

PanHAM

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Quoting galleypower (Reply 196):

The WINGS concept ist not based on quality and premium prices, its based on very low production cost and thus low fares. You cant build 5* on this concept.

Wings has nothing to do with the 5* Airline, LH classic from FRA and MUC will be the 5* Airline, Wings will be competetive on non hub operations. If I look at BA, they have vacated the provinces completely. You may be able to do that in the UK whoch is London and then a whole lot of nothing till BHX Comes in and then MAN. You cannot do that in polycentric Germany and that is exactly why the LH concept is right.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos