cloudboy

RE: Boston Aviation Part 2

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:40 pm

Quoting airbazar (Reply 149):

MHT can't handle international flight so they wouldn't be an option.

Not everyone will be coming International. Far more likely that you will pay for a cheap domestic flight to see an event you like that may not be top rung than to fly 10 hours to see it.
"Six becoming three doesn't create more Americans that want to fly." -Adam Pilarski

airbazar

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:53 pm

Quoting cloudboy (Reply 150):
Not everyone will be coming International. Far more likely that you will pay for a cheap domestic flight to see an event you like that may not be top rung than to fly 10 hours to see it.

True. In fact most visitors would likely be domestic. But Logan doesn't suffer from capacity restrictions in the domestic terminals. At least not in a way that the international terminal does. That's why I mentioned international flights.
The other problem that MHT suffers from is lack of transportation into Boston but i think that would be easily fixed with regular bus shuttle service. The last thing anyone wants to do if there is an Olympic Games in Boston is rent a car and drive in Boston LOL.

VS4ever

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 am

Remember we are talking 9 years from now so by then MHT could be given a CBP option and the needed shuttles set up. So best not rule it out.

orh is a much tougher sell, but could this be the catalyst that gets it the much needed CATIII.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

airbazar

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:51 am

Quoting VS4ever (Reply 152):
orh is a much tougher sell, but could this be the catalyst that gets it the much needed CATIII.

Personally i think CATIII is only part of the problem. Access is another problem than needs to be resolved. ORH and BDL may actually play a decent role. A lot of events are likely to take place in central MA at facilities like the DCU Center and UMass facilities in Amhest and Lowell. Sports like rowing, kayaking, canoeing, and road cycling would all take place out there.

VS4ever

Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:01 am

Oh I agree about ORH having other issues too, but they can't be readily fixed by Massport I was just thinking that having the Olympics might give them the idea to invest in it, which right now doesn't make huge sense with the small number of B6 flights.

That said i think there is more than enough capacity with all the airports available allowing for a few tweaks here or there.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

airbazar

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Quoting VS4ever (Reply 154):
That said i think there is more than enough capacity with all the airports available allowing for a few tweaks here or there.

Absolutely. Airport capacity is the least of the problems   I actually think the Olympics candidacy is a blessing in disguise for the city and the state. Even if we don't win, just going through the process of trying to get the Olympics will get a lot of attention for much needed infrastructure improvements and urban planning. If we do win it, maybe Massport and the Feds will finally agree to put another CBP facility at either terminal A or terminal B.

ASA

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:16 pm

Just returned from my BOS-DXB-CGK trip yesterday ... few observations on EK operations at BOS.

1. The departure area in Terminal C is VERY crowded ... and nearly not enough. The waiting crowd spills overs to 2-3 more gates in that area ... although no B6 flights were happening at the time ... it is not a pleasant experience to wait for an international flight with 300 people in domestic gate areas with limited seating and other facilities (shops, restrooms) ... altogether very little breathing space

2. The return time is good - with very few arriving flights from Europe or other places. Immigration was a breeze ... but then luggage services were struggling with EK's 77W full of suitcases. It took us more than an hour to get suitcases. I wonder what would they do if EK arrival coincided with BA and LH 744s

3. Overall, this arrival and departure in two different terminal thingy is also inconvenient for passengers and people who are picking up or dropping off. Different parking garages, facilities, services. And confusing too, of course!

chrisnh

Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:15 am

Quoting ASA (Reply 156):
1. The departure area in Terminal C is VERY crowded ... and nearly not enough. The waiting crowd spills overs to 2-3 more gates in that area ... although no B6 flights were happening at the time ... it is not a pleasant experience to wait for an international flight with 300 people in domestic gate areas with limited seating and other facilities (shops, restrooms) ... altogether very little breathing space

When you travel the world's airports, you quickly see how almost 'third world' Logan is in some respects. Not all respects, but some...enough to notice.

airbazar

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Quoting ChrisNH (Reply 157):
When you travel the world's airports, you quickly see how almost 'third world' Logan is in some respects. Not all respects, but some...enough to notice.

It's not just Logan. Most U.S. airports feel like that because they were built predominantly as domestic airports. They are comparable to bus stations with very few amenities and services. LAX, the largest international airport in the country by some estimates, was a complete disgrace right up until the opening of the new international terminal last year. All other terminals are still a disgrace by international standards.

jcarv

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:23 pm

Airport infrastructure is lacking in many US airports and its an industry topic. Several factors are involved. It's very difficult to just remodel, rebuild, and expand at Logan. The land is exhausted. Money is a problem. You can only have so many active construction projects at once. And what really needs to happen, won't. They need to completely raise a terminal or 2 and rebuild but that just can't happen with the amount of traffic. Terminal A was done when traffic was slow.

airbazar

Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Quoting jcarv (Reply 159):
They need to completely raise a terminal or 2 and rebuild but that just can't happen with the amount of traffic. Terminal A was done when traffic was slow.

Right the only way is to build a brand new terminal (temp or permanent), where the current long term parking garage and maintenance hangars are located, then move all flights off an existing terminal to that new terminal, raise the old terminal and rebuild. Then rinse, lather, and repeat with another terminal.

dfambro

Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Quoting ChrisNH (Reply 157):

I think you're being too hard on Logan, and I travel a lot. It's a really good O&D airport. I will grant you it's bad for connections.

Some of the "world class" airports have very attractive airy open spaces that look great in pictures but are lousy in practice. Hong Kong? It's incredibly far from the city, and after you get there you have to take a train and then walk half a mile to get to your gate. Travelling through that thing absolutely eats time. But yea, it looks good. PVG, SIN, similar problems.

As for the relative lack of retail, that's a big plus for Logan. I'm not at the airport to shop!

Logan, in contrast, is very conventient from the city, with short distances from road to chech-in and from check-in to terminal. Parking is really close. The only big complaint I have lack of good train service.

Term A is nice. The Term B renovations at UA have created a really nice space. Term C has improved a bunch. Term E needs work (esp clubs & club access), but that's what they are about to start on.

There are things that could be better, but they are not "third world".

hinckley

Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Quoting dfambro (Reply 161):
It's a really good O&D airport. I will grant you it's bad for connections.

Term E needs work (esp clubs & club access), but that's what they are about to start on.

I think that this highlights a bit of Logan's problem. It is a pretty good airport and a VERY convenient airport for O&D, but with the success of attracting overseas flights over the last two years, the problems of Terminal E and connecting have been exacerbated. I've got to guess that Massport never expected the level of success that they've had with foreign carriers and weren't really prepared for the infrastructure improvements that would be necessary.

An Emirates 773 - Logan's biggest (longest) aircraft - at Terminal C? Who would have predicted that??

airbazar

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:30 pm

Quoting hinckley (Reply 162):
An Emirates 773 - Logan's biggest (longest) aircraft - at Terminal C? Who would have predicted that??

The people who built the terminals did. Most of these terminals were built/expanded in the era of domestic widebody aircraft. They just had different standards back then  
I'm pretty sure that AA operated DC-10's, MD-11's, and even 747's on a regular basis out of terminal C and B, right up to the early 90's. Later United operated a lot of DC-10's from terminal C. Granted, none of these are as long at the 77W but the issue is not aircraft length as much passenger terminal space.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Rudy Chiarello
View Large View Medium

Photo © Rudy Chiarello

View Large View Medium

Photo © Rudy Chiarello
View Large View Medium

Photo © Rudy Chiarello

cloudboy

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:49 pm

A big part of the problem is that Logan is an old airport. It was designed and built back when there was a whole different model of air travel - security was light if it even existed at all, aircraft may have been large but they flew with lighter loads, boarding was no where near as convoluted a process, and post-security amenities were not even thought about. Now we are trying to fit modern day operations into the same facilities, usually on a limited budget. There is always going to be some limits.

Unfortunately, if real modernization is going to happen ( IF I stress), there will need to be some concession somewhere. It will either be limiting a few airlines for a while, slowing down International growth, or turning away much of the private aircraft handling. I expect it to be the later - using Bedford as an alternative. It will tick off many, but of all the groups, that would likely to be the one Massport is least worried about.
"Six becoming three doesn't create more Americans that want to fly." -Adam Pilarski

hinckley

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Quoting airbazar (Reply 163):
Most of these terminals were built/expanded in the era of domestic widebody aircraft. They just had different standards back then

Early in my career, I flew TW 742s out of Terminal C to LHR. But there was less traffic and fewer gates at the time. So it was better for WBs.

Quoting cloudboy (Reply 164):
A big part of the problem is that Logan is an old airport. It was designed and built back when there was a whole different model of air travel

Yup. I remember stepping off one of those TW 742s after being away for six months and being met right at the jetway door by my parents. Times have changed indeed!

adamh8297

Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:52 pm

December numbers released:

https://www.massport.com/media/291700/1214-avstats-airport-traffic-summary.pdf

BOS almost hit 5 million international pax for the year 4.992 million. Its going to be hit next year for sure

Biggest surprise of the month was in Central America. CM had 95.4% load factor - also confirmed that BOS-LIR has been rolled into Caribbean for reporting purposes.

Asia flights - 80.7% LF - maybe a bit lighter on the HU side with the capacity increase

Middle East flights improved from November with 79.3% LF
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

iyerhari

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:05 am

Quoting cloudboy (Reply 164):
using Bedford as an alternative

There has been a heavy opposition in Bedford whenever the name of airport expansion is suggested. To make matters also worse I-95 is a complete choke even with existing traffic - I don't think it would be able to handle the additional rush and especially airport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Bedford_Regional_Airport#Expansion

The most frequent argument for alternative airport has been to use ORH - Worcester. I know people will say that it's too far but the repeated argument has been that most airports in cities outside the US are far away from downtown.

As regards international expansion - During my recent visit in Mumbai, there was a fantastic ad being played inside the terminal regarding Emirates to Boston referring to it as a truly world class city to entice students and parents. Asian students and parents especially give a lot of importance to studies so the success of Asian carriers to Boston is not surprising. International carriers recognized it - domestic carriers chose to ignore it.

airway1

Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:44 am

Look at the international cargo out of Boston up 34%! This is were Emirates and Turkish might be compensating by filling up cargo. Great news both on Pax and cargo.

2015 should be another great growth year!

airbazar

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 166):
https://www.massport.com/media/291700/1214-avstats-airport-traffic-summary.pdf

Lots of eye candy in that report but Boston's bread and butter is still TATL traffic and it's a little concerning to me that it was down for the month of December and only up 1.5% for the year. I am convinced that the fuel surcharges are keeping people at home. The cost of flying TATL compared to just about anywhere else in the world is ridiculous.

cloudboy

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Quoting iyerhari (Reply 167):
There has been a heavy opposition in Bedford whenever the name of airport expansion is suggested. To make matters also worse I-95 is a complete choke even with existing traffic - I don't think it would be able to handle the additional rush and especially airport.

I was talking about a few year relocation of GA flights, not scheduled airlines. I don't think Bedford will ever see an increase in commercial flights - people in that area wont stand for it. And if you think BED is against expansion, what makes you think Worcester will be better in that regard? Most people here would rather see it closed down!

adamh8297

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Quoting airbazar (Reply 169):
Lots of eye candy in that report but Boston's bread and butter is still TATL traffic and it's a little concerning to me that it was down for the month of December and only up 1.5% for the year.

I thinks its a miracle that its only down 1.5% with the competition (TK and EK) that has come in. One could make the case that TK is really a hybrid of both TATL and ME/Asia too. From what I've seen in T100 reports AF and LH are taking the brunt of the losses where as EI and FI are gaining pax.

The question is did O&D go down? If someone gets a decent fare on a US BOS-PHL-ATH flight its going to count as domestic in the Massport report.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

iyerhari

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Quoting cloudboy (Reply 170):
was talking about a few year relocation of GA flights, not scheduled airlines. I don't think Bedford will ever see an increase in commercial flights

sorry thank you for clarifying.

As regards Worcester, there is local support than BED for one reason that there's not much going on there compared to the likes of BED and people are looking for local jobs. I found this article and think this had come sometime back in the Globe - I don't remember when but some of the points is provided by a MIT study report:

http://www.saveourheritage.com/Overview_of_Hanscom.htm

ASA

Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:00 pm

A few days ago - while waiting for my suitcases from EK 238 - there was a JetBlue agent running around to get people connecting to DTW. I looked at her list and there was about 17-20 people connecting to DTW. Another agent was also calling for people travelling to RDU, but I couldn't manage to peek into her papers 

Are there other BD destinations that get decent connecting traffic from EK. The 77W is a big plane though, so they may not constitute a whole lot of % of connecting traffic. But that also says that BOS O&D is going strong as usual ... only about 5-6 seats were empty in the whole plane.

airbazar

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 171):
I thinks its a miracle that its only down 1.5% with the competition (TK and EK) that has come in.

Those numbers are for O&D. EK is not flying passengers between BOS and Europe, and the additional competition/lower fares from TK should have increased the size of the market. It's bad no matter how you look at it, and I'm hearing from people in the travel industry that all the news of terrorist activity in Europe is scaring people away and that advanced bookings for 2015 is looking really bad so far.

adamh8297

Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:18 am

Quoting airbazar (Reply 174):
Those numbers are for O&D.

No - the Massport numbers are for the flights itself (i.e BOS-PTY, BOS-NRT, BOS-YYZ) regardless of final destination

Someone flying BOS-PTY-GRU counts as 1 passenger for Central America
Someone flying BOS-FRA-DEL counts as 1 passenger for Europe
Someone flying BOS-PHL-ATH counts as a Domestic passenger.

etc etc.

airbazar

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 175):
No - the Massport numbers are for the flights itself

Ah that makes sense, hence why there are no numbers for Australia, for example. I stand corrected  

adamh8297

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:38 pm

http://airlineroute.net/2015/02/02/tk-bos-aug15/

TK to put A332 on BOS-IST starting late August for 2 months.

airbazar

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 177):
TK to put A332 on BOS-IST starting late August for 2 months.

Until they get more access to India, this is the right size aircraft for BOS in the shoulder season.

adamh8297

Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:39 pm

This is the first news item related to the next round of terminal shuffling.

"A major terminal change at Logan is scheduled this spring when Southwest moves to Terminal A from Terminal E; and Alaska and Sun Country move from A to C. Massport is currently in the design phase of an expansion of the international terminal and JetBlue is upgrading facilities in Terminal C."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/0...avel-record-year-at-logan-airport/

RobertS975

Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Terminal A must be a mad scene today... besides the snowstorm, there are at least 5 widebody DL flights from PHX post-Super Bowl including a B747. This is in addition to the AMS arrival. Does anyone know how this was all handled? Did the B747 extra section use terminal E?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...6/history/20150202/0900Z/KPHX/KBOS

The Patriots charter often does not use the regular terminal gates, but in this snowy weather, walking down stairs to a bus might be somewhat dangerous: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...8/history/20150202/1900Z/KPHX/KBOS

[Edited 2015-02-02 13:39:18]

ASA

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:46 am

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 179):
"A major terminal change at Logan is scheduled this spring when Southwest moves to Terminal A from Terminal E; and Alaska and Sun Country move from A to C. Massport is currently in the design phase of an expansion of the international terminal and JetBlue is upgrading facilities in Terminal C."

Doesn't jetBlue want the entire Terminal C? Why bring AS and SY into Terminal C ... wouldn't B be a better home for these, with AA potentially moving to the US side, or AC moving near UA gates, or did I dream these up?  

iyerhari

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:02 pm

Quoting ASA (Reply 181):
Doesn't jetBlue want the entire Terminal C?

Maybe it's just an interim move until AA/US completely consolidate their operations in Terminal B.

Isn't some of the revamp of Terminal C also included to link gates C40-42 which have a different security line today to be made a single access point?

One other observation on UA's website for hubs and key airports: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...t/travel/airport/maps/default.aspx -> BOS used to be listed as select key business cities but it has been taken out when removing CLE.

adamh8297

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Quoting ASA (Reply 181):
Doesn't jetBlue want the entire Terminal C? Why bring AS and SY into Terminal C ... wouldn't B be a better home for these, with AA potentially moving to the US side, or AC moving near UA gates, or did I dream these up?  

I agree with you and there's a chance that the author of the article is wrong (calls Sun Country - Suncoast at one point and also may have considered the BOS-MEX flight to be South American.)

However - B6 has been pretty slow to grow since UA left and for good reason (DFW/HOU have been performing horribly). New management said there was modest growth left in BOS. Why pay rent for the gates if you are not flying.

Also - CEO Report has been posted https://www.massport.com/media/294670/Glynn-CEO-Rep-Jan-15.pdf

Some highlights:

Mexico tourism to BOS up 22% YOY helping the business case for BOS-MEX

CM and HU have won some corporate contracts for their BOS flights via Massport sponsored events within the air-incentive package

Massport is looking at getting the LCC's to fly to more markets in the Midwest - This was seen with BOS-CLE on NK and BOS-IND on WN, and the season services added by NK.

airbazar

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:45 pm

Quoting RobertS975 (Reply 180):
This is in addition to the AMS arrival.

AMS flight arrives at terminal E, but I think you already knew that  
Also, it's customary for airlines to keep their planes away from BOS during a storm so there might actually be more gate space than usual.

Quoting ASA (Reply 181):

Doesn't jetBlue want the entire Terminal C? Why bring AS and SY into Terminal C

I bet they will end up at gates C40-42. Those gates are separate from the rest of the terminal C gates so it would make sense.

alphaomega

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Quoting RobertS975 (Reply 180):

Terminal A must be a mad scene today... besides the snowstorm, there are at least 5 widebody DL flights from PHX post-Super Bowl including a B747. This is in addition to the AMS arrival. Does anyone know how this was all handled? Did the B747 extra section use terminal E?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...6/history/20150202/0900Z/KPHX/KBOS

The Patriots charter often does not use the regular terminal gates, but in this snowy weather, walking down stairs to a bus might be somewhat dangerous: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D.../KBOS

The DL 747 operated from Terminal A but didn't make it out yesterday due to the snow.

The Patriots charter was a 767-400 and was pushed into the DL hangar on arrival and everyone deplaned to the busses inside the hangar, offloaded equipment, etc.

adamh8297

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:35 pm

LH delayed introduction of 748 on FRA-BOS until mid-May

http://airlineroute.net/2015/02/05/lh-icnbos-may15update2/

ASA

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:09 pm

So when do the new airlines, routes, or aircrafts start appearing for this summer?

WOW --
Cathay --
El-Al --
AeroMexico --
Hainan (PVG) --

Any other I am forgetting?

chrisnh

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:28 am

Is there a clock that starts ticking when you get de-iced? This morning my full UA 757-300 to SFO was sent through the de-ice pad and then onward to the active. Problem is, we never got there. We sat...and sat...on a taxiway with a fuel pump problem. We got sent back to B24 from whence we came, and the mechanics came aboard to fix it. Elapsed time was about an hour. So how much time needs to pass before you have to go through the lime juice again?

adamh8297

Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Quoting ASA (Reply 187):

WOW -- Late March
Cathay -- Early May
El-Al -- End of June
AeroMexico -- Beginning of June
Hainan (PVG) -- Not loaded yet supposedly Late June but that may change with a late DOT approval.

Quoting ASA (Reply 187):
Any other I am forgetting?

You didn't forget this one but this was mentioned in another thread
Thomas Cook - BOS-MAN (2016???)

iyerhari

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 189):

Do you think this is another lost opportunity for US based carriers (as-usual) or probably even B6 to have lost good precious business between Boston to Manchester?

ASA

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:22 pm

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 189):

Whoa! Didn't know anything about this ... can't wait to find out more. That would be a new 'type' of airlines to BOS as well ... I was actually more hopeful of Norwegian with a LGW-BOS or BCN-BOS route in coming years.

But hope the Thomas Cook information turns out positive!

styles9002

Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Thomas Cook Airlines are flying MAN-JFK and MAN-MIA this year (2015) with A332

Adding MAN-BOS and MAN-LAX for 2016 seems like a normal progression and I hope it turns out to be true.
It is what it is.

cloudboy

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:16 am

Can you buy tickets from US-England on Thomas Cook? Or only originating in England?

33lspotter

Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Yesterday, BA213 (return flight 212) was cancelled, but BA203 (return flight 202) operated as a 744—G-CIVG—arriving 2/09 at 17:51 ET and departing 2/10 at 00:51. BA202/203 is an extra capacity flight that (mostly operates) during the summer. I'd imagine the cancellation of BA213/212 (which seem to be the most consistent BA flights to BOS) was due to the snow early, while the forecast was better for BA202/203. Then again, there were a few international arrivals around the same time that 213 was scheduled to come in.

flyby519

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Quoting chrisnh (Reply 188):

Is there a clock that starts ticking when you get de-iced? This morning my full UA 757-300 to SFO was sent through the de-ice pad and then onward to the active. Problem is, we never got there. We sat...and sat...on a taxiway with a fuel pump problem. We got sent back to B24 from whence we came, and the mechanics came aboard to fix it. Elapsed time was about an hour. So how much time needs to pass before you have to go through the lime juice again?

Yes. Assuming it continues to snow after you get sprayed. There are charts that depend on type of fluid, air temperature, precipitation types/intensity, etc.

adamh8297

Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:16 am

As discussed here: JetBlue To Add Three Nonstop Flights From Logan , B6 will seasonally add BOS-MVY daily, 2-weekly BOS-PAP as many of us saw as a possibility, and surprisingly BOS-SMF 4 weekly.

Q2 2014 DOT data came out and these are the current top 10 destinations by PDEW currently not served non-stop from BOS with SMF included.

ORF- 163
SAT- 140
ABQ -128
SDF- 113
MEM- 111
DAY- 101
OMA- 92
TUS- 86
MSN- 80
GRR- 75

BOS-SMF was 124 PDEW

RL757PVD

Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:41 am

They did BOS SMF in the past right? As a seasonal red eye 4x it seems like a legit add that helps them promote their presence in boston.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

georgiabill

Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:12 pm

With all the new service being announced for KBOS, I am hoping to see either SN to start service to Brussels or OS to start service to Vienna. I have fond memories of my flights on Sabena in the 80's and 90's. Although I realize neither is likely to happen in 2015, hoping for 2016. Brussels is a very easy to connect to and from. Especially for African destinations.

iyerhari

Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 196):

I think SAT, or ABQ seems likely by B6. I don't think DL maybe keen to have a direct flight to GRR or SDF - DL used to have a direct flight to SDF long back that they canceled.

Thoughts?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos