Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

American 767
Topic Author

PIT Update Discussion Thread Part 30

Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:54 pm

Please post here to continue this discussion.

PIT Update Discussion Thread Part 29 (by EK413 Jun 26 2014 in Civil Aviation)

Safe travel, if you plan on traveling. 

Ben Soriano
Ben Soriano

MesaFlyGuy

RE: PIT Update Discussion Thread Part 30

Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:02 am

From the old thread:

Quoting PITrules (Reply 202):
Perhaps we will see MYR added in the future as it is a large Allegiant focus and currently unserved from PIT.

Sort of. I mean if we're talking about Pittsburg as a destination, it's served by Spirit via LBE. If we're taking about PIT the airport, then yes you're correct.
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

steeler83

Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:53 am

I didn't see Allegiant service coming, but I am very happy that PIT is getting this service, even if only a few times weekly to each destination.
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

tooluther

Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:04 pm

In significantly less good news, UA is taking PIT-SFO service seasonal; idling the route in January and February:

http://www.post-gazette.com/business...go-on-hiatus/stories/201411130199#

I am really struck by PIT's inability to support West Coast service (this route being characterized as a "popular tourist destination" by the PG may be part of the problem). Is this a potential casualty of there now being no Star Alliance FF's in Pittsburgh? Limited Asian destination travelers transiting via UA's SFO hub?

Hopefully AA's LAX service will be beefed up to fill the gap. To service the region's business interests adequately, we really need double daily service to LAX and SFO with daily service to SEA (I'm far less concerned about San Diego, although that is one of my favorite personal destinations!)...this is where ACAA's domestic incentive dollars really need to be targeted over the next few years.

masseybrown

Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Quoting tooluther (Reply 3):
I am really struck by PIT's inability to support West Coast service (this route being characterized as a "popular tourist destination" by the PG may be part of the problem).

In earlier times, if traffic became lean in the winter UA would have scheduled something like BDL-PIT-SFO and combined two cities' traffic flows to support the PIT-SFO route. Now, they say "Let 'em flow through ORD."

I have a hope that if energy prices stay relatively low (and there are some predictions that they will) station costs will become more burdensome than fuel costs and old-style routes like BDL-PIT-SFO will become cheaper than cramming all flying through the mega-hubs.

steeler83

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Quoting MasseyBrown (Reply 4):
In earlier times, if traffic became lean in the winter UA would have scheduled something like BDL-PIT-SFO and combined two cities' traffic flows to support the PIT-SFO route. Now, they say "Let 'em flow through ORD."

I have a hope that if energy prices stay relatively low (and there are some predictions that they will) station costs will become more burdensome than fuel costs and old-style routes like BDL-PIT-SFO will become cheaper than cramming all flying through the mega-hubs.

I'm hoping that happens as well. I guess it's a bit of a double-edged sword. You cram everyone through mega hubs like any of the big East Coast hubs or ORD to save $$$ on the cost of fuel and equipment. Yet, this still cuts into the bottom line in terms of customer satisfaction/complaints:
    My flight is delayed two hours
    I'm stuck on a 50-seater to ORD/EWR/JFK/etc instead of on a n/s A320 to SFO
    Connecting is a hastle

It would be nice if more airlines operated more or less under the focus city/p2p model. Maybe that will be more viable if fuel costs remain low or even drop lower thanks to n.g./oil shale drilling...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

pgh234

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:45 am

Does anyone have O/D numbers for JAX? I can't imagine it is significant with practically zero tourist draw and no business draw that I can think of (not that two days a week will really work for anyone on business).

beiaard

Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:37 am

Quoting pgh234 (Reply 6):

While certainly not a hub of activity, Jacksonville does have a couple large corporations headquarted there that may have reasonable ties with industry in Pittsburgh, including CSX and Fidelity (both Fortune 500 companies), as well as Gate (an, among other things, oil company), BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards, one of the Mayo Clinics, and the US Navy has a huge presence in Jacksonville, as well. In addition to this, there are many "ex-pats" from Pittsburgh who now reside in North Florida, so that could help as well.

How this actually translates in to real-life O&D numbers, I don't know, but there is a little bit going on in Jacksonville.
BONARUM ARTIUM RERUMQUE HUMANARUM AC DIVINARUM STUDIOSOS CONVOCAMUS

rtalk25

Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:59 am

Quoting pgh234 (Reply 6):
I can't imagine it is significant with practically zero tourist draw and no business draw that I can think of (not that two days a week will really work for anyone on business).

Perhaps some might use JAX to travel to St. Augustine area which has some tourist appeal. Of course there is the ex-pat/VFR traffic too. As for business traffic, there are the companies listed in the post above mine. I checked Allegiant's schedule and service is Monday and Friday. You never know. Some pax might decide to take the nonstops (for business trips during the week) or atleast fly one-way on Allegiant, return on Southwest, US/AA or Delta with a stop in ATL, BNA or CLT. When heading out to work, it's so much nicer taking a nonstop.

[Edited 2014-11-13 19:04:41]

PITrules

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Quoting tooluther (Reply 3):
I am really struck by PIT's inability to support West Coast service (this route being characterized as a "popular tourist destination" by the PG may be part of the problem). Is this a potential casualty of there now being no Star Alliance FF's in Pittsburgh? Limited Asian destination travelers transiting via UA's SFO hub?

Its 'only' a 2 month suspension, but these seem to be increasingly popular in this age of increased scheduling efficiencies by the airline industry.

I just flew LGA-ORD-ANC on a fare that was a bit over $300, and was cheaper than the PIT-LGA fare for the flight I took the day before. The ORD-ANC flight was 6+ hours with about 40 people. Yet they want to cancel PIT-SFO for two months? Strange industry.

Here is the ramp for Sun Air's gate. They have stripes painted for 7 aircraft:
http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu162/JDawgphoto/DSCN0981.jpg
FLYi

rtalk25

Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Quoting PITrules (Reply 9):
Yet they want to cancel PIT-SFO for two months? Strange industry.
BWI-SFO is also being suspended for part of January/February. But BWI pax will have WN's BWI-OAK that is starting in January. I do wonder over in BWI, if WN on that route, even though timed very differently and flying to OAK, will dampen the yields UA during March and April when UA will resume the route.

In PIT and maybe BWI too, UA likely wants pax to support the DEN flight more during the low months and figures it's a consolidation that some SFO bound pax will fly UA and connect in DEN.

It's interesting in RDU, that there is no UA RDU-DEN but UA just offers RDU-SFO.

[Edited 2014-11-14 06:17:23]

flightsimer

Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Quoting PITrules (Reply 9):

Interesting, I would have thought they would have had it closer to a jetway.
Commercial / Airline Pilot

kpitrrat

Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:59 am

Quoting flightsimer (Reply 11):
Interesting, I would have thought they would have had it closer to a jetway.

Worked quite a bit over there. If im correct, Im guessing they are taking pax directly into the terminal to the right from there. Theres an entrance AirTran used to use. If not, I believe C52 is right over there to the left off picture.

PITrules

Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:06 am

Quoting kpitrrat (Reply 12):

That's the impression I got as well. Looks like a good setup; right in the middle of things.
FLYi

kpitrrat

Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:21 am

Quoting PITrules (Reply 13):
That's the impression I got as well. Looks like a good setup; right in the middle of things.

Yea not a bad spot for a commuter ramp. At least they didnt stick it at the end of A just to open it, (Even though I wish they did.)

Cush

Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Call me crazy, but I had a dream last night that with fuel prices dropping, AA decided to run PIT-London with a 757. Only reason I remember this is because I was on the flight.

What do you all think? If fuel continues to drop, will PIT see (2) European services by end of 2015?
Fly me to the moon let me play among the stars.

steeler83

Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Quoting Cush (Reply 15):
Call me crazy, but I had a dream last night that with fuel prices dropping, AA decided to run PIT-London with a 757. Only reason I remember this is because I was on the flight.

What do you all think? If fuel continues to drop, will PIT see (2) European services by end of 2015?

That would be awesome, and I would like to see how AA remains committed to PIT once the dust begins to settle.

I hope they keep their PIT-LAX service. Demand is there, so why would these flights have very light loads? It doesn't make sense...

PITrules

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:41 am

More developments surrounding PIT; G.E. will be building an advanced manufacturing facility just southwest of PIT:

http://buildingpittsburgh.com/2014/11/12/more-manufacturing-coming/

Shell's proposed ethane cracker is mentioned as a factor for locating in Pittsburgh; a new plant for another plastics manufacturer is mentioned in the article as well.
FLYi

steeler83

Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:17 pm

Quoting PITrules (Reply 17):
More developments surrounding PIT; G.E. will be building an advanced manufacturing facility just southwest of PIT:

http://buildingpittsburgh.com/2014/11/12/more-manufacturing-coming/

Shell's proposed ethane cracker is mentioned as a factor for locating in Pittsburgh; a new plant for another plastics manufacturer is mentioned in the article as well.

This is insane! It looks like Shell is showing no signs of backing out either. Didn't they just announce that they're buying the entire zinc plant grounds for their proposed cracker facility, which was another huge step forward?

I really hope this all comes to fruition. Pittsburgh was the economic center of the whole steel industry, and now it's looking more and more to be the emerging primary focus of the energy industry. Exciting times are ahead! I just hope this translates to increased demand for more non-stop air travel.

steeler83

Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Guys, yesterday I made that remark about AA keeping PIT-LAX. I completely forgot that AA handed that service off to US. I guess US had an A319 available and could get better timing to run the flight, while I guess AA's 738 was too large and could not be timed well enough.

I do wonder how the A319 is doing, and if there could be any chance of this upgauging to an A320. The demand is certainly there I would think...

Or... Did this switch even happen yet?

[Edited 2014-11-16 13:32:19]

oflanigan

Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:55 pm

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 19):

The switch has been made. Noticed it earlier last week. Hope it does well.

dumbell2424

Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:57 pm

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 19):
Quoting oflanigan (Reply 20):

Interestingly enough, I just checked flightaware and noticed an AWE and LAX so came here to check, looks like I have my answer!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...6/history/20141116/1930Z/KLAX/KPIT

flightsimer

Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:34 pm

Has 14/32 reopened? I saw an aircraft flying the approach for 32 this past Saturday Evening around 7:00-7:15 as I was leaving my sisters house. Her house is right under 28L's approach path about 1nm out so I am positive they were not coming in on 28L.

flightsimer

Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Well I answered my own question. Been sitting up on Charlie de-ice pad since 5:00AM and have watched a couple of aircraft land on 32.

GSP psgr

Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:09 am

Three thoughts regarding PIT and the West Coast:

1) Might DL's expansion at SEA actually make them a better prospect for PIT-SEA than AS? DL has a fleet of 319s that might be easier to fill than a larger AS 738. Additionally, there are only marginal station costs whereas AS would have to contrcat out to someone at the PIT end.

2) As for Los Angeles, I actually think the optimal AA/US schedule would be twice daily with E-190s, with both a morning and afternoon/evening departure on the PIT end and a day and redeye departure on the Los Angeles end.

3) The mid term realistic goal for PIT-West Coast should be 2X daily to Los Angeles, 1X daily to San Francisco, and 1X daily to Seattle. Anything more than that (maybe Allegiant to LAS or if they ever opened it, SAN) would be gravy.

Flaps

Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:54 am

With regard to the west coast I really don't think that the demand is there, at least not in the form that we used to consider. Demand to the destination certainly is but not for the single non-stop. We were spoiled for many years with 3-6 daily flights to LAX and SFO plus at various times SEA PDX SAN SNA and maybe briefly even SMF. The market got used to the frequency and after the hub was pulled we all simply got used to making the connections. In business you go when need to go. You don't bend your schedule around the single nonstop when there are dozens of connecting possibilities throughout the day. A single daily flight is fine for most leisure travelers but certainly not for most business travel. My client wants me where and when they want me and I schedule around that.

Don't ever discount the frequent flyer mentality either. Take me for instance I won't consider taking anyone but DL unless there is a very pertinent reason, ie they dont fly to the destination or the times don't work.

The two items mentioned above are a heavy drag on attempts to consolidate travelers on a single flight on a single airline. If you have 300 pax flying PIT to LA on given day, split them 25%DL 25%UA 25%AA and 25% everyone else you're down to 75 pax not even considering the timing needs of those passengers. The numbers are made up of course but illustrate the issue pretty clearly. The market dynamics have changed permanently. Unless and until a 75-100 seater comes along with revenue/cost dynamics matching the 737/320 I'm afraid thats just the way it is for the PIT's of the world. As a constant
traveler other than on a Friday night when I am actually going home that nonstop doesn't really have much value. Essentially what we have with SFO and LAX are attempts to feed UA/AA's lucrative Asian routes and nothing more.

steeler83

Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:38 am

Perhaps if the region's filming industry keeps soaring/adding more jobs maybe the demand will be there in order to make 1x or 2x daily PIT-LAX service viable on an A319. They are building another large studio in the McKees Rocks.

For kicks, I looked at tomorrow's departure which departs at 8 am, and it looks like there are only 45 available seats with first class completely booked. Even though that's only a 64% load factor, I guess it's okay since First is completely booked. Also, isn't this a somewhat better schedule? Didn't AA's 738 depart at like 10 or 11 am?

GSP psgr

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:27 pm

So, it looks like PIT-MEM service on Delta will be ending in the near future as they draw down operations there. This is one route I could actually see Trans States picking up as an at risk route as a daily frequency given the corporate traffic and the fact that WN's never going to fly it.

AaronPGH

Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:09 pm

The loss of the UA flights to SFO lands right in the exact months I'm splitting time between the two cities. :: shakes fist ::

steeler83

Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:17 am

Quoting GSP psgr (Reply 27):
So, it looks like PIT-MEM service on Delta will be ending in the near future as they draw down operations there. This is one route I could actually see Trans States picking up as an at risk route as a daily frequency given the corporate traffic and the fact that WN's never going to fly it.

That would be a welcome sight I would think. AA/US would then operate upwards of 62 non-stops to over a dozen cities from the Steel City.

While on the subject of at-risk cities, I'd like to see PIT-STL upgauged to at least a CR7 or an E175, considering both markets are large AAdvantage markets...

PITrules

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:23 am

I doubt there will be anymore at risk flying by Trans States; if so I would have thought they would have added PVD, MCI, BNA (before WN entered the market), and maybe a few others. Their at risk arrangement at PIT really is a bit unique in the industry.
FLYi

GSP psgr

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Quoting PITrules (Reply 30):
I doubt there will be anymore at risk flying by Trans States; if so I would have thought they would have added PVD, MCI, BNA (before WN entered the market), and maybe a few others. Their at risk arrangement at PIT really is a bit unique in the industry.

Hmm, I agree that Nashville would have made sense at one point, but Providence is in the shadow of Boston where fares are still reasonable and Kansas City is a pretty long stage length ERJ-145 route; I personally always thought that Norfolk, Indianapolis, Greensboro, and if you're going to do something really long-Austin made the most sense.

steeler83

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:48 am

Quoting PITrules (Reply 30):
Quoting GSP psgr (Reply 31):
Hmm, I agree that Nashville would have made sense at one point, but Providence is in the shadow of Boston where fares are still reasonable and Kansas City is a pretty long stage length ERJ-145 route; I personally always thought that Norfolk, Indianapolis, Greensboro, and if you're going to do something really long-Austin made the most sense.

I guess there's no chance of Republic picking any of these up with an E70/75 or two, is there?

threeifbyair

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:10 am

Quoting GSP psgr (Reply 24):
1) Might DL's expansion at SEA actually make them a better prospect for PIT-SEA than AS? DL has a fleet of 319s that might be easier to fill than a larger AS 738. Additionally, there are only marginal station costs whereas AS would have to contrcat out to someone at the PIT end.

Certainly a possibility, but the market is brutally seasonal on both ends. Only 55 PDEW for Q1 2014, obviously not nearly enough to sustain nonstop service. When I checked demand last year, I think it was in the 100-150 PDEW range in Q2 and Q3.

AS seems to have a strategy of overflying DL hubs to serve eastern cities where DL gets strong connection flow (witness BWI, MSY, and now IAD). Both AS and DL are very limited on SEA gates. DL may want to prioritize other cities first, maybe even SEA-ORD to satisfy corporate customers (even though SEA-Chicago would become a 5-way bloodbath) because Chicago is a top 10 O&D market from SEA.

I would've loved an SEA-PIT nonstop - I used to do that trip 4-5 times/year and I've connected via pretty much every hub.

Cush

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:21 pm

PIT to allow NON ticketed passengers over to the airside terminal on December 6th, from 12-6pm.

http://pitairport.com/acaa-and-airma...-for-holiday-shopping-one-day-only
Fly me to the moon let me play among the stars.

PITrules

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:41 am

Ultimate Air Shuttle is considering adding Cincinnati-Pittsburgh flights:
http://www.fly-corporate.com/article...t/nbaa2014/ultimate-jet-experience

These flights would operate into Atlantic Aviation at PIT, or to AGC.
FLYi

masseybrown

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Quoting PITrules (Reply 35):
Ultimate Air Shuttle is considering adding Cincinnati-Pittsburgh flights:

Nice write-up. I wonder if they've got some ex-Comair people running things. Their plans look kind of like like Comair's beginnings.

PITrules

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Quoting MasseyBrown (Reply 36):
Nice write-up.

That piece was actually just snippets of a more thorough article. If you're interested the entire article can be read in the Oct 2014 issue of Airliner World magazine.

They do seem to be doing very well based on the full article. However I wonder if operating under Part 380 will limit their growth potential. It's already a problem in Cincinnati as they have had to split their ops between LUK and CVG. Its a good problem to have I guess....
FLYi

USFlyer26

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Looks like the Airmall open house was a hit.

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/7298345-74/airport-open-security

PITrules

Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Oct numbers are out, total passengers are up 2.9% yoy.
http://www.flypittsburgh.com/Data/Si...tober-2014-short-e-mail-report.pdf

Some information on future expansion at LBE. The terminal expansion will be in the neighborhood of $7 million. They are also seeking $15 million to widen and strengthen the runway, which was not designed to meet Airbus criteria.
http://triblive.com/news/westmorelan...35287-74/airport-authority-million
FLYi

tarmacphotos

Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Quoting USFlyer26 (Reply 38):

Looks like the Airmall open house was a hit.

http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/7298345-74/airport-open-security

So if the TSA can safely make exceptions on certain days for this "rule that typically doesn't permit passengers without a ticket into the airside terminal", why is this rule even in effect? Were they so sure that whatever this "rule" was designed to protect us against wouldn't happen on December 6th so they allowed it to be broken?

steeler83

Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:32 am

Quoting PITrules (Reply 39):
Some information on future expansion at LBE. The terminal expansion will be in the neighborhood of $7 million. They are also seeking $15 million to widen and strengthen the runway, which was not designed to meet Airbus criteria.
http://triblive.com/news/westmorelan...35287-74/airport-authority-million

What is the current width, 100 feet? I suppose they'll widen it to 150 feet. In any event, great news for LBE. I'm happy NK is able to have ops there and run it profitably.

Quoting tarmacphotos (Reply 40):
So if the TSA can safely make exceptions on certain days for this "rule that typically doesn't permit passengers without a ticket into the airside terminal", why is this rule even in effect? Were they so sure that whatever this "rule" was designed to protect us against wouldn't happen on December 6th so they allowed it to be broken?

This rule never made sense to me, TBH...

PITrules

Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:12 am

The TSA rule doesn't imply the non flying public is more of a threat; its a simple matter of available manpower. Along those lines I agree, keep the non flying public out. The TSA is bloated enough as far as bureaucracies go... no need to make them bigger.

Update on Sun Air, Franklin will come on line "before the end of the new year":
http://www.yourerie.com/news/news-ar...-pitt/21176/qgD858TvKUefq3bL901teg

and Bradford next month:
http://www.kanerepublican.com/node/8246

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 41):
What is the current width, 100 feet? I suppose they'll widen it to 150 feet.

Yes, currently 100' wide and 150' is standard.
FLYi

flightsimer

Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Quoting PITrules (Reply 42):

Sun air is getting desperate for pilots. They just halved their training contract price again, so it is now at $5,000 for FO's.

They have had delays in setting up their entire operation due to this, so I would not be surprised to see both destinations delayed even further or operated on a reduced frequency initially.

flightsimer

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:09 am

Sun Air lost a plane today coming out of Dulles on a ferry to Lancaster. N614HR was the aircraft.

It lost an engine and diverted to Leesburg where it landed short of the runway and the left main gear subsequently collapsed. Damage doesn't look too bad, but it didn't specify how much.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...g-Executive-Airport-284759961.html
http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=171929

[Edited 2014-12-11 18:12:11]

[Edited 2014-12-11 18:12:56]

steeler83

Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:17 am

Quoting flightsimer (Reply 44):
Sun Air lost a plane today coming out of Dulles on a ferry to Lancaster.

I wonder how this will affect those PIT flights...

dumbell2424

Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Just noticed that da stillers are now using an AA 763 as opposed to the traditional US 762 as I think all but 4 or 5 of those have been retired

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/id/AAL9466-1418477676-543-0

steeler83

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:29 am

Interesting!!! I guess this will be their go-to bird for their road games? Also, I thought it was a 757 they were using...

I wish the Steelers luck. They need to put pressure on Matt Ryan and force him into bad throws in order to win tomorrow's game.

GSP psgr

Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:25 am

Another article on the new airport director from the PG:

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/transportation/2014/12/16/New-Pittsburgh-airport-director-sees-opportunities-for-more-flights/stories/201412160190

Hopefully she'll be more successful at actually attracting new service than her predecessors.....

Theoretical question for everyone here: If you were given the power to subsidize one new daily North American flight, what would it be? Personally I think I'd be torn between a daily to Seattle or Austin, as booming tech towns, though I'd probably give the nod to Seattle given all of the onward connections.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos