Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

United1

RE: DL To Start PHL-LHR

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:19 pm

Quoting olddominion727 (Reply 46):
I know they never acquired the TATL rights to LHR from PA, but I thought they had many of it's EU slots... one of them being FRA-LHR (where the PA Lockerbie -flight commenced and was a change of guage 727 > 741 to JFK) I know PA also used to fly to ZRH or GVAand TXL from LHR too)
DL flew LGW-FRA as all of PAs LHR slots went to UA...UA leases their dormant LHR-Germany slots to LH.

IGS went to LH
Pacific, MIA, JFK-Latin America/Caribbean (sans JFK-MEX) and LHR went to UA
JFK-Transatlantic, JFK-MEX, FRA, Shuttle, DTW-LGW went to DL

DLs LHR slots all came from KL/AF as well as some of the slot divestitures that BA/AA/US had to make.

[Edited 2014-11-22 07:21:24]
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

jayunited

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Quoting bobnwa (Reply 37):
Quoting jayunited (Reply 8):
For example, after the CLT hub is closed

When have either AA or US said or even hinted that the CLT hub was closing?

I'm sorry but when did I post the CLT hub was closing? I like the way you selectively decided to copy and paste a quote to make it appear as though I posted anything about CLT or a hub being closed. Since you seem to be seriously confused here is my original post in its entirety never once mentioning closing CLT.

Quoting jayunited (Reply 8):
Where did DL get the slot from or will DL use one of VS's slots for the proposed PHL-LHR? Will PHL-LHR and PHL-CDG operate year around or will they be seasonal only?

Next time you want to quote a person use the words they actually posted.

Miami

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Schedule is out:

DL194 PHL1904 – 0730+1LHR 75W D
DL195 LHR1230 – 1601PHL 75W D

Flight is daily. Starting April 7th.

http://airlineroute.net/2014/11/22/dl-phllhr-s15/

[Edited 2014-11-22 07:27:04]
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

CALMSP

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Quoting jfk777 (Reply 43):

so, get some balls and bleed money? Is that your suggestion?

Jetmarc

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Anyone have any idea of how they will staff this route? Is it a multi-day pairing from ATL (ATL-PHL-LHR) or a longer routing (JFK-LHR-PHL)? Just curious how they build these point-to-point routes with no crew base in either city.
"Sucka, I'm gonna send you out on Knuckle Airlines. Fist Class!!" ~ Mr. T

stlgph

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Pretty slick add. Captures Delta's growing frequent flyer base in that region, summer travel market, and Delta's contracts with vacation and tour companies.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

hufftheweevil

Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Quoting PEK777 (Reply 9):

As AA begins to dismantle PHX, PHL, and CLT to focus on the cornerstone hubs, could we see DL enter these markets as well? For example, after the CLT hub is closed, is there enough O/D to support a CLT-CDG and CLT-LHR from Delta.

Where did you get the word "dismantle"? And who said the CLT hub is closing? I'd check your sources.

Quoting USFlyer MSP (Reply 40):
DL will probably arrive at one of gates at the end of A and depart from one of their gates in Terminal D, just as they do with the CDG flight now...

Always a smart move. Less time at the leased gate, and all your passengers are still in the Delta terminal. The trickiest part is making sure you can get it towed down before the 6pm departure bank starts moving. Some of the departures start as early as 5:45. Taxiway Juliet can get pretty full around that time.

A 757 really, What a sad attempt. Do it with a 767 if you have the balls to do this.

Statement of the week!

Quoting 757usairways (Reply 44):
There have been rumors of PHL courting VS on PHL-LHR so this could be why they added the route and just put the B752 on it so they can use the slot until VS is ready.

I know I mentioned this last year, when the EU had made a stick about the merger due to this route. I always thought VS would finally start PHL-LHR.
Huff

MIflyer12

Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:10 pm

A 757 really, What a sad attempt. Do it with a 767 if you have the balls to do this.

Uh huh. How many 757 TATL departures does UA run from EWR? I count 12 on Monday, rising to 19 on a summer Monday.

Sure, DL better make sure to use one of its 18 757s going into the new lie-flat 75W config but IIRC those are all supposed to be done for summer '15 flying, anyway.

b727fa

Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:41 pm

Quoting jetmarc (Reply 54):
Anyone have any idea of how they will staff this route?

On the FA side DL usually opens an AFP (satellite base) for the season.
My comments/opinions are my own and are not to be construed as the opinion(s) of my employer.

uberflieger

Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Quoting capejet (Reply 24):
AA/BA will have to cut a slot somewhere

I believe that's the real reason for this flight. Tit for tat. American is petitioning the DOT for the HND authority, and now it's Delta's turn.
Look for lower fares to Europe S15. With roughly 10% more TATL capacity, yields already under pressure this year will erode further, Parker cautioned analysts during the earnings call.
AA/BA will most likely offer very competitive PHL-LHR fares with the hub advantage, and don't be surprised if they add a 4th frequency  

alfa164

Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 49):
If yields and oil price stay where they are, anyone can make money flying a high capacity seasonal route. The small business class cabin will have limited appeal, but the summer leisure traffic is enough to make the route profitable. If oil prices jump or a recession hits and yields drop, then a marginal route like this would die quickly, but I have no doubt that there is enough demand for DL to fill the plane and profitable yields since PHL has a large cachement population. There is no chance in the world for this route in the winter where plains are filled with business traffic that is heavily aligned to their preferred frequent flyer program.

I wonder if DL may have already signed some corporate contracts out of PHL; they have become pretty agressive at snatching those business deals from their competitors.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

KaiGywer

Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:53 pm

According to this post,PHL will be a ZW base for their new DL flying

Delta Connection CRJ-200 Shuffle (by apodino Nov 20 2014 in Civil Aviation)

Could we be seeing PHL turned into a DL focus city?
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

ripcordd

Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:57 pm

This if ever gets started will not last more than 1 summer. It's not a slick add in anyway this just goes back to the days when they didn't want to be 1 up'd and didn't care about losing money which this will just do. If they couldn't make BOS work this stand no chance at all.

N62NA

Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Quoting MIflyer12 (Reply 57):
How many 757 TATL departures does UA run from EWR? I count 12 on Monday, rising to 19 on a summer Monday.

Yep, if a 757 is good enough on EWR-LHR it ought to be good enough on PHL-LHR.

stlgph

Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Quoting alfa164 (Reply 60):
I wonder if DL may have already signed some corporate contracts out of PHL; they have become pretty agressive at snatching those business deals from their competitors.

Delta's gain in corporate travel contracts in the past 3 years has been huge. And group vacation ticketing, too.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

panamair

Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:02 pm

Quoting ripcordd (Reply 62):
If they couldn't make BOS work this stand no chance at all.

Sorry, but how is BOS-LHR not working for DL/VS?

Polot

Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 61):
According to this post,PHL will be a ZW base for their new DL flying

Delta Connection CRJ-200 Shuffle (by apodino Nov 20 2014 in Civil Aviation)

Could we be seeing PHL turned into a DL focus city?

No. ZW already has a base in PHL because of US. That is why the initial DL flying will be out of there along with DL's hubs/focus cities; it just makes things easier operationally.

DTWLAX

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:15 pm

Quoting commavia (Reply 2):
Are these 757s going to have lie-flat J seats, because I thought that was the whole point of the marketing line about being all-767, all-the-time to LHR?

The whole point of marketing was to have all lie-flat to LHR all the time..... not all 767.
So if the 757s have the lie-flats, they are still meeting their claim.

Quoting PEK777 (Reply 9):
As AA begins to dismantle PHX, PHL, and CLT to focus on the cornerstone hubs, could we see DL enter these markets as well? For example, after the CLT hub is closed, is there enough O/D to support a CLT-CDG and CLT-LHR from Delta.

Dismantle PHL?? are you kidding?
PHL will still be the international hub for AA.

Quoting richardw (Reply 39):
Poor aircraft utilisation, not enough J capacity, not enough connections, it's got no $$$ written all over it.

I think it is putting the right size aircraft on the route and not poor utilization. DL realizes they may not get the loyal AA/US passengers but they have enough loyal DL passengers in the PHL area who are currently making a connection or driving upto JFK to get to LHR. This flight will cater to those passengers.

jetsetter629

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:15 pm

Quoting uberflieger (Reply 59):
Look for lower fares to Europe S15. With roughly 10% more TATL capacity, yields already under pressure this year will erode further, Parker cautioned analysts during the earnings call.

Unless Norwegian begins flying to PHL, fares will stay high out of PHL as there is little competition. DL is pricing PHL-LHR for around $1500. Nothing is ever cheap to London...

bobnwa

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:32 pm

What a sad attempt. Do it with a 767 if you have the balls to do this.

[quote=jayunited,reply=51]For example, after the CLT hub is closed[/quote sure looks like you wrote it to me

kzba

Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Quoting bobnwa (Reply 69):

You're not even quoting the right person. Go back and look at reply #9 and see who actually wrote that comment.

OA412

Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:06 pm

I think this a logical move on DL/VS's part. PHL is definitely a hole in their LHR network. That said, I don't understand all this posts declaring it dead before it even starts. I've never understood why so many people on this site want to see routes fail (I'm not talking just DL here, you see it for all airlines). I thought this was the aviation enthusiast site, where new service and new options were always welcomed and encouraged???

Quoting bobnwa (Reply 69):
[quote=jayunited,reply=51]For example, after the CLT hub is closed[/quote sure looks like you wrote it to me

No he didn't. Please scroll up and note that it was the poster below him that said that, and not the person you quoted.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

jfk777

Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:15 pm

BA is going to have Delta for its next dinner, If this is a real attempt to serve the southern New Jersey market use virgin Atlantic. 757 from east coast airports to Heathrow are waste of slots. not that I am endorsing Newark 757 flights, many of those are to secondary cities which otherwise would not have trans Atlantic flights.

phlwok

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Quoting jfk777 (Reply 72):
BA is going to have Delta for its next dinner, If this is a real attempt to serve the southern New Jersey market use virgin Atlantic

Southern NJ? There's a bunch of people there, but most are very close to PHL and the bulk of the population is west of the Delaware River. The low population density of southern NJ outside the immediate Philly suburbs is one of ACY's big issues - you do this to serve all of the PHL O&D, definitely not specifically SNJ.

BA and US both have a better product than DL's international 757s in my experience, especially since the second daily BA PHL-LHR has gone back the 767 from the crammed (in Y) 787.

Quoting stlgph (Reply 64):
Delta's gain in corporate travel contracts in the past 3 years has been huge.

My firm has a DL contact, and we use it a lot nationally, but not so much out of PHL with only hub service plus the RDU RJs, seasonal CDG and now LHR.

Quoting uberflieger (Reply 59):
AA/BA will most likely offer very competitive PHL-LHR fares with the hub advantage, and don't be surprised if they add a 4th frequency

I would like that as it can be harder to buy last minute business fates on PHL-LHR with short notice on peak days since the merger, something I have to do a fair bit. A morning PHL-LHR would be nice as an alternative, but I doubt there's enough connecting feed that can make it to PHL early enough in the day + O&D to justify it.

Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 49):
If yields and oil price stay where they are, anyone can make money flying a high capacity seasonal route. The small business class cabin will have limited appeal, but the summer leisure traffic is enough to make the route profitable.

Yup, plus it'll annoy AA a bit.

Quoting USFlyer MSP (Reply 40):
DL will probably arrive at one of gates at the end of A and depart from one of their gates in Terminal D, just as they do with the CDG flight now...

This seems likely, and it would also avoid them needing to open a ticket counter in A-East or A-West for just two flights/day. They need to arrive at A for CBP purposes.

All in all, this is an interesting add. I don't know if it'll stick around, but PHL-CDG has worked for a while now since it transitioned from AF to DL and made seasonal.

MIflyer12

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:14 pm

757 from east coast airports to Heathrow are waste of slots. not that I am endorsing Newark 757 flights, many of those are to secondary cities which otherwise would not have trans Atlantic flights.

UA 757s are scheduled, among others, for EWR-LHR/CDG/AMS on Monday. IIRC, that's three of the four highest-volume TATL airports from NYC.

N62NA

Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:24 pm

757 from east coast airports to Heathrow are waste of slots. not that I am endorsing Newark 757 flights, many of those are to secondary cities which otherwise would not have trans Atlantic flights.

Yep, on the secondary cities it is obviously the right aircraft. And, I'm sure UA is still using the 757 EWR-LHR because it makes the route profitable for them, but it is a bit embarrassing that EWR can't support all widebody service on UA out of their mega-hub at EWR to LHR.

Quoting MIflyer12 (Reply 74):
UA 757s are scheduled, among others, for EWR-LHR/CDG/AMS on Monday. IIRC, that's three of the four highest-volume TATL airports from NYC.

Yep, as I noted above, it's a bit embarrassing that UA doesn't get enough of the Manhattan pax on these routes so that they would upgauge to all widebodies.

steeler83

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:45 am

Quoting 757usairways (Reply 44):
There have been rumors of PHL courting VS on PHL-LHR so this could be why they added the route and just put the B752 on it so they can use the slot until VS is ready.

I'd like to see Virgin Atlantic in Philly myself. What equipment do you suppose would be most suitable for LHR-PHL? I'd like to think an A346, but I'm willing to bet that someone on here would think I'm on something...

Quoting phlwok (Reply 73):
I would like that as it can be harder to buy last minute business fates on PHL-LHR with short notice on peak days since the merger, something I have to do a fair bit. A morning PHL-LHR would be nice as an alternative, but I doubt there's enough connecting feed that can make it to PHL early enough in the day + O&D to justify it.

I wonder how many folks are traveling from PHL to JFK to hop on an AA or BA flight to LHR in the a.m. I really am surprised there aren't more frequencies to London from PHL than what's there currently. I get the two BA flights, but only one US flight?
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

757usairways

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:48 am

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 76):

If VS were to fly to PHL I would bet it would be on a B789 or an A333, I'm hoping that this will lead VS to hop on PHL-LHR.

[Edited 2014-11-22 17:57:57]

steeler83

Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:53 am

Quoting 757usairways (Reply 77):
If VS were to fly yo PHL I would bet it would be on a B789 or an A333, I'm hoping that this will lead VS to hop on PHL-LHR.

Yeah, I kinda figured.

I'm still kinda hoping BA would upgauge their 772 back to a 744, but again that's probably just me dreaming. I miss the days of the larger jets, particularly 744s serving Philly. Perhaps US/AA could deploy a 773 on the route...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

757usairways

Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:02 am

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 78):

It will be interesting to see what AA/BA does with this, maybe could have a B772 for AA and B77W for flight 67 and have the B788 on flight 69, just a though what could happen.

phlwok

Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:20 am

I wonder how many folks are traveling from PHL to JFK to hop on an AA or BA flight to LHR in the a.m.

I literally have never heard of anyone doing so. The BA flights currently leave JFK at 7:30 and 8:30 am, and in order to get to JFK from, say, Center City Philly, it's about 2.5 hours by car with absolutely *perfect* traffic - something I have never experienced in any drive from here to there or anywhere else on Long Island. So let's say you want to allow 3.5-4 hours and check in 90 min prior to the 7:30 departure - this means a 2-2:30am departure from Philly. You might as well just take BA 68 from PHL at 10:05 pm (and for similar reasons, there's little reason to trek up to JFK the night before, get a hotel, and get up early when you can just take the late evening BA departure from PHL).

If you really wanted to do something like that, you'd probably want UA 922, the 9:20 am from EWR. EWR is not always a problem-free drive from Philly but it is far, far easier and predictable versus JFK.

I really am surprised there aren't more frequencies to London from PHL than what's there currently. I get the two BA flights, but only one US flight?

I think it likely there will eventually be at least a 4th PHL-LHR by AA/US or BA.

757usairways

Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:25 am

Quoting phlwok (Reply 80):

If PHL were to have a 4th frequency on AA/BA, you could possibly do what US did with CLT, have a first flight as an A333 and a second flight be an A332.

phlwok

Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:33 am

Quoting 757usairways (Reply 81):
If PHL were to have a 4th frequency on AA/BA, you could possibly do what US did with CLT, have a first flight as an A333 and a second flight be an A332.

Yup, or an AA 787 or 763 for instance. One thing that might actually argue against greater frequency and/or larger planes is that PHL has a decent number of European nonstops though, reducing the need to funnel as much traffic to LHR to connect onwards.

usairways85

Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:04 am

Quoting steeler83 (Reply 78):
I'm still kinda hoping BA would upgauge their 772 back to a 744, but again that's probably just me dreaming. I miss the days of the larger jets, particularly 744s serving Philly. Perhaps US/AA could deploy a 773 on the route...
Quoting 757usairways (Reply 79):
It will be interesting to see what AA/BA does with this, maybe could have a B772 for AA and B77W for flight 67 and have the B788 on flight 69, just a though what could happen.

I think it is a possibility to see a BA 744 or 77W in the summer. I highly doubt you'll ever see an AA 77W on the route, maybe a 2 class 772. I think a 4th daily is likely this summer.

757usairways

Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:13 am

Quoting usairways85 (Reply 83):

I would think putting a B744 or a B77W on PHL-LHR would be a possibility in the summer, it would make sense, I can also agree with you on that AA probably wouldn't put a B77W on there and maybe have a B772.

phllax

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:10 am

In addition, many of you might not know that the first season US operated PHL-LHR it was with a 757, not a wide body.

upwardfacing

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:45 am

Wasn't Delta planning something similar at ORD (which did not materialise)?

I see this as an experiment. In the (unlikely) event it succeeds, the service could convert to Virgin Atlantic.

jetblastdubai

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:48 am

Quoting N62NA (Reply 75):
it is a bit embarrassing that EWR can't support all widebody service on UA out of their mega-hub at EWR to LHR.

Pretty sure UA could support larger aircraft on all these routes (LHR/CDG/AMS). The question should be: What markets that currently have wide body service should be downgraded or dropped as a result of going all wide body out of EWR?

phlsfo

Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Quoting 757usairways (Reply 79):

Starting sometime in the second quater of 2015 BA will be going to 787's for both flights out of PHL

[Edited 2014-11-23 08:16:54]

jetblue1965

Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Quoting jetblastdubai (Reply 87):

The continuous arrival of new 787s should provide some trickle down relief to the WB fleet, hopefully resulting in fewer 757s across the pond (or at least deployed to actual thin routes)

757usairways

Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Quoting PHLSFO (Reply 88):

If BA is going to send double daily B787s starting second quarter, do you have an idea when BA receives their B789s, would a B789 be possibility for Flight 67 and have the B788 for Flight 69.

cgnnrw

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Quoting N62NA (Reply 63):
Yep, if a 757 is good enough on EWR-LHR it ought to be good enough on PHL-LHR.

Sorry, I must disagree! PHL deserves at the least a B747 and then a minimum of twice daily.   
A330 man.

Andy33

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Quoting 757usairways (Reply 90):
If BA is going to send double daily B787s starting second quarter, do you have an idea when BA receives their B789s, would a B789 be possibility for Flight 67 and have the B788 for Flight 69.

Only five 789s are due in 2015, starting in mid-September, at one or two per month, so no chance of seeing one in TATL service until Q4 really.

757usairways

Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Quoting andy33 (Reply 92):

Alright thanks, didn't know when they were taking delivery of them.

factsonly

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Quoting phllax (Reply 85):

While DL happily operates B763 on EWR-AMS and EWR-CDG, while DL/VS operates A333 on EWR-LHR.

That is 3x daily widebodies from a competitor's hub in Winter!

United1

Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:38 pm

Quoting factsonly (Reply 94):

While DL happily operates B763 on EWR-AMS and EWR-CDG, while DL/VS operates A333 on EWR-LHR.

That is 3x daily widebodies from a competitor's hub in Winter!

That's only telling part of the story however...UA flies 5 daily EWR-LHR flights (1*777, 2*763s and 2*752s.) Also taking a look at the winter schedules EWR-CDG is a 764 and EWR-AMS is a 763...

[Edited 2014-11-23 11:39:54]

Going to put in an edit...there are days of the week that UA does fly EWR-AMS with a 752 during the winter other days its a 763.

[Edited 2014-11-23 11:44:51]
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

usairways85

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:39 pm

Starting sometime in the second quater of 2015 BA will be going to 787's for both flights out of PHL

According to where? BA.com still shows a 772 and 787 in July.

757usairways

Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:40 pm

I'm my opinion though it doesn't make sense to have BA send 2x B787s, why would a oneworld carrier not send more frequency and seats to another oneworld airport for connections, if BA were to send 2x B787s, I would see AA adding another frequency.

[Edited 2014-11-23 13:47:04]

Andy33

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:02 pm

Quoting 757usairways (Reply 98):

Do bear in mind that BA and AA/US are in a metal-neutral joint venture on transatlantic routes, they'll decide together what capacity is needed to which US hub airport and which of the partners is best able to provide it. BA won't have decided unilaterally to use only 787s, if indeed that's what they have done. It would be surprising to me if they do use two for S15 as they only have the 8 788s so far.

Freshside3

Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:29 pm

757 from east coast airports to Heathrow are waste of slots. not that I am endorsing Newark 757 flights, many of those are to secondary cities which otherwise would not have trans Atlantic flights.UA 757s are scheduled, among others, for EWR-LHR/CDG/AMS on Monday. IIRC, that's three of the four highest-volume TATL airports from NYC. In addition, many of you might not know that the first season US operated PHL-LHR it was with a 757, not a wide body.

Without question, it's defintely is a waste of slots. I can see a 757 in some "niche" markets, such as BDL-LHR, or EWR-ORK, and the like.......But everything from the largest US markets to the largest European markets should be wide-bodies.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos