Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ozell Stephens Jr

View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

This year TPA has added AS to SEA. Next year Edelweiss will add capacity and we will have the -200 in here. Next fall LH arrives. I still can't believe TPA will have an A340!!!!!! {Highfive}
TPA would like to get nonstop SFO flight. UA has had plenty of opportunity to add it but won't-they even dangled it at us during the failed UA?US merger in 2000.
VX anyone?????

St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport (PIE)

View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

Allegiant continues to expand.

http://tbo.com/pinellas-county/alleg...-pinellas-airport-routes-20141112/

But where did all of the Canadian carriers go. PIE used to have Air Transat, Canada 3000, JetsGo and a few others. I think its just Sunwing 2 or 3 days a week

Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport (SRQ)

View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

The next People Express? Like PHF, SRQ was a successful market for AirTran and they accounted for a good chunk of the airport's pax numbers,... but WN pulled the plug.
So a new airline based at SRQ is trying to form: Sunrise Airlines
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20130118/ARTICLE/130119596

Sunrise proposed route network:
http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/ne...airlines-details-its-route-network

SRQ just paid off its debt, so MAYBE they will lower their rates for airlines...it would sure help.

Punta Gorda Airport (PGD)

View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

Current terminal to be expanded. This airport was to be a future destination of People Express, but....well, you know...
http://www.news-press.com/story/mone...-airport-looks-take-grow/13138799/

Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)

I got nothing really. I am just amazed that this airport can charge sky-high fees and tends to have lower-yielding, seasonal traffic, but the airlines still flock there. Pretty sure RSW has passed JAX and PBI

View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

Photo © Chris Gimmillaro

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Revelation

RE: West Coast Florida Aviation Thread

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:37 am

Thanks for starting the thread!

Quoting 727LOVER (Thread starter):
St. Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport (PIE)

TPA-MHT on WN is my 'go-to' route since Mom is retired in the St. Pete area.

For Xmas, had to book a loooong time in advance to get a decent rate and ended up flying Xmas eve at 7AM - 11AM!

Looked at Allegant's route map and see that KPSM is the closest place they serve near me, but no PSM-PIE route yet.

Not sure how much I'd use it, but anything to put seats into the market would be nice!
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

DLX737200

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:38 am

Looking forward to PIE-OMA starting on Allegiant! Hope that route makes it!

lpdal

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:36 am

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7531/15188759163_4f12936cb0_c.jpg
US rides off into the sunset in a familiar airport...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7489/15623023057_4e1c23359a_c.jpg
Just did MIA-TPA-MIA on AA and US to see my cousin in Safety Harbor get baptized; AA's service was downright bad while US was superb...Not all stereotypes are true...

Anyhow, I'm going to visit my Aunt n' Uncle again up in TPA for Christmas and this time it's all US F. TPA is one of the best mid-sized airports in the world, from the pre-security shopping and dining plaza, to the massive ceilings in every airside, I always enjoy my infrequent visits to it. And it always warms my heart to know how many airlines we've got serving South Florida to TPA--US, AA, WN, NK, 3M, the list goes on.

SRQ was great as well, but it saddened me to see the quiet state of the airfield on the days that I flew to it ex-ATL.

PIE I've been meaning to visit forever but I've just never had a chance with my kind of eccentric relatives ruling the roost. I've always wished G4 would start FLL-PIE, hey it may be just a pipedream, but one can hope, right?

-LPDAL
TWU represented. All of my views and posted content are mine alone, and should not be viewed as official communication from my employer, its subsidiaries thereof, or any other entities or airlines.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 3):
US F

Yes, US Airways is in Airside F

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 3):
US F. TPA

Yes, USF (University of South Florida) is in Tampa.

Quoting DLX737200 (Reply 2):
Looking forward to PIE-OMA starting on Allegiant! Hope that route makes it!

F9 flew this route, no? Or was that TPA?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

krsw757

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:44 pm

Was announced a week or so ago, but just in case someone missed it, Sun County will be adding weekly service to SJU next summer from RSW. Starting once weekly then increasing to twice weekly.

http://flylcpa.com/uploads/newsfiles/file336.pdf

Also, WN will be adding a weekly flight to HOU next April.

http://flylcpa.com/uploads/newsfiles/file335.pdf

747d10

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:58 pm

Hoping and praying that AA won't abandon SRQ. While I'm at it, maybe they'll add (or reestablish) service to MIA, and really fulfill my Santa's list with a flight or two to DFW.
It doesn't hurt to dream, does it?
E145 E190 F100 L10/15 DC8 D8S D10 M11 D91/S/5 M80 M90 717 727/S 732/3/4/5/G/8/9 741/42/43/44 752 762/3/4 77E/L 788 A300 310 319 320 321 333 Concorde
AA AC AF AL AQ AS BN CI CO CX DL EA FL HA HU HY KL MC MU MX NA NC NW OZ PA PI QH RC SQ TI TW UA US WA 9K

lpdal

Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:59 am

Quoting 747d10 (Reply 6):
(or reestablish

MQ used to operate MIA-SRQ-MIA with ERJ-135/145s but slashed the route some time ago. To me, the Saab 340BPlus's of 3M would make the most sense on this route.

I've always wondered how AA manages to fill up 738s on MIA-TPA-MIA (the aircraft flies right back to Miami) and even 763s on MIA-MCO-MIA (which is, I believe the shortest regularly scheduled wide body flight at a short 25 minute hop up and over Lake Okachobee).

Shortly after the merger, when US Airways was bulking up in Miami to supplement AA operations, MIA-TPA-MIA was added. Just like AA, the 319 they run on these segments flies up to TPA and turns right back around to MIA.

-LPDAL
TWU represented. All of my views and posted content are mine alone, and should not be viewed as official communication from my employer, its subsidiaries thereof, or any other entities or airlines.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:35 am

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 7):
MQ used to operate MIA-SRQ-MIA with ERJ-135/145s

It was ATR-72s
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7685332&nseq=5

Quoting 747d10 (Reply 6):
Hoping and praying that AA won't abandon SRQ.

I doubt it, since US is in charge. Yes, DFW would be a nice add.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:54 am

SRQ

DL has up-gauged more flights to 757....normally there's only one. But now, there are 3 or 4 757s.

lpdal

Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:40 am

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 8):

It was ATR-72s

It was E135/45s as well, and I have a few friends with access to their historical SABRE data to prove it (no, I can't post screenshots from SABRE here.).

-LPDAL

727LOVER
Topic Author

Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:55 am

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 10):
and I have a few friends with access to their historical SABRE data to prove it (no, I can't post screenshots from SABRE here.).

Which means you CAN'T prove it, correct? 

Not my recollection anyway.....but I digress

HOWEVER...they were using ERJs to ORD around 2000

CMHSRQ

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Air Canada EH! announced that they will make the YYZ-SRQ flight year round. It will operate on Thursdays and Sundays from May to November, and daily November to May.

Local paper had this article on SRQ

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...irport-looking-forward-to-progress

Big expansion of CBP for some reason. They want to attract aircraft from Europe, however I don't think the runway strength is high enough to handle the repeated landing of 767 and larger aircraft. Is it empire building?
The voice of moderation

MAH4546

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:33 pm

It was ATR-72s

It was E135/45s as well, and I have a few friends with access to their historical SABRE data to prove it (no, I can't post screenshots from SABRE here.).

It never operated with an ERJ-145.

It was always an ATR-72, started at 2x daily and then reduced to 1x for a bit before it was discontinued. AA had very limited ERJ operations to MIA back then, and in fact had no ERJs actually based out of MIA. That mean that ERJ flights from Miami had to be bridged, so they would operate originating in another airport, like BOS-RIC-MIA or ORD-PIT-MIA. SRQ was only served from MIA and there was nowhere to bridge the ERJ.

[Edited 2014-12-11 11:35:35]
a.

TPAfan

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:40 pm

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 3):
TPA is one of the best mid-sized airports in the world, from the pre-security shopping and dining plaza, to the massive ceilings in every airside, I always enjoy my infrequent visits to it.

And they just broke ground on the renovation/expansion first phase, which involves opening more space in the main terminal along with moving and expanding the rental car facility. I believe when this eventually ends, up comes the next phase of tearing down the Marriott and control tower in order to build an airside D and expand airside C, both with international service in mind (airside C is probably holding back WN from serving international destinations from TPA currently).

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 4):
F9 flew this route, no? Or was that TPA?

I believe F9 did fly that from TPA, along with DSM. And I remember flying the PIE-MKE service on F9. It was weird too because I was traveling across the Howard Frankland Bridge to PIE and saw a F9 fly low right over me landing at TPA, and I wasn't all too familiar with them at the time.

Oh, here it is: http://news.flyfrontier.com/press-re...s-nonstop-florida-seasonal-service

727LOVER
Topic Author

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:28 am

Well.....scratch this:

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 9):
SRQ

DL has up-gauged more flights to 757....normally there's only one. But now, there are 3 or 4 757s.

Looks like the 757 is going away in about 2 weeks. On Jan 5, DL will send a 73G into SRQ and starting the next day the 738 returns sporadically.

757s return in February and by mid-March, DL will go 7 flights to ATL, including two 757s. That may be their largest capacity to ATL ever.

View Large View Medium

crj900lr

Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:40 am

I do know for a short time back a year or maybe a little longer Eagle did operate MIA-RSW-MIA I believe 4 times a day with the ERJ-145's. It was normally operated by AT7's and SF3's before the 145's then it was discontinued all together.

MAH4546

Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:58 am

Quoting crj900lr (Reply 16):

I do know for a short time back a year or maybe a little longer Eagle did operate MIA-RSW-MIA I believe 4 times a day with the ERJ-145's. It was normally operated by AT7's and SF3's before the 145's then it was discontinued all together.

Eagle never operated the route with ERJs and in the past 14 years it was never more than two daily ATR-72s.

People might recall seeing American RJs at SRQ because AmericanConnection (not American Eagle) operated STL-SRQ in 2005-06.
a.

crj900lr

Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:03 am

You might want to check that again

commavia

Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:03 am

Quoting LPDAL (Reply 7):
MQ used to operate MIA-SRQ-MIA with ERJ-135/145s
It was ATR-72s
Quoting Mah4546 (Reply 13):
It never operated with an ERJ-145.

American Eagle operated MIA-SRQ for years up until 2000 - with ATR42s, ATR72s, SAAB340s, Jetstream 31s and possibly CASAs and/or Shorts 360s (the last two I can't confirm). Eagle then restarted MIA-SRQ in 2007 with ATR72s. To my knowledge, Eagle has never operated ERJ135/145 MIA-SRQ - only turboprops.

American Connection did, however, operate STL-SRQ in winter 2005 with the ERJ145. And earlier than that, starting all the way back in 1999 and continuing (if I remember correctly) for several years thereafter, American Eagle did, in fact, operate winter seasonal ORD-SRQ twice-daily on weekends with ERJ135s. (On a sidenote: I believe these Saturday/Sunday ERJ135s ORD-SRQ were, perhaps ironically, actually Eagle's first RJ service in the state of Florida, starting just barely more than 18 months after Eagle first ever RJ service.)

lpdal

Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:57 am

Quoting TPAfan (Reply 14):
tearing down the Marriott

Noooo! Don't tear down the TPA Marriott. Along with the ATC tower, tram tracks, central parking garage, and ticketing hall, the hotel forms the distinct shape of TPA's main thoroughfare. Not to mention they even have "aviation suites"....   I'm definitely staying a night in this location on my next visit to TPA.

-LPDAL

727LOVER
Topic Author

Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:22 am

Quoting commavia (Reply 19):
American Eagle operated MIA-SRQ for years up until 2000 - with ATR42s, ATR72s, SAAB340s, Jetstream 31s and possibly CASAs and/or Shorts 360s (the last two I can't confirm). Eagle then restarted MIA-SRQ in 2007 with ATR72s. To my knowledge, Eagle has never operated ERJ135/145 MIA-SRQ - only turboprops.

American Connection did, however, operate STL-SRQ in winter 2005 with the ERJ145. And earlier than that, starting all the way back in 1999 and continuing (if I remember correctly) for several years thereafter, American Eagle did, in fact, operate winter seasonal ORD-SRQ twice-daily on weekends with ERJ135s

.....and as a SRQ native,   

MAH4546

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:05 am

Quoting crj900lr (Reply 18):

You might want to check that again

Check what again? MQ never operated MIA-SRQ. It was only operated by Executive Airlines dba American Eagle with props, throughout the 1990s until spring 2000, and then again in the mid-2000s.
a.

SurfandSnow

Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:21 am

TPA would like to get nonstop SFO flight. UA has had plenty of opportunity to add it but won't-they even dangled it at us during the failed UA?US merger in 2000.

Tampa Bay is by far the largest domestic market without any kind of nonstop service to the San Francisco Bay Area, with about half a million more people than the next largest U.S. market lacking a nonstop to the SF Bay Area (Columbus). When it comes to UA TPA is actually the second largest domestic market still unserved from the carrier's SFO hub. The largest U.S. market lacking nonstop UA service to SFO is DTW, but DL has the SFO-DTW route very well covered.

I am shocked that UA still hasn't started SFO-TPA, although it's probably only a matter of time until they do. DL retimed their longstanding LAX-TPA service, AA recently became the second carrier to offer nonstop LAX-TPA service, and AS added SEA-TPA. It seems the West Coast was underserved from the Tampa Bay, and everyone but UA has decided to do something about it.

VX anyone?????

VX tried to add a niche California-Florida route before (SFO-FLL), and I believe it was only a matter of hours before the competition added retaliatory service to spoil the party. Any attempt by VX to be the first carrier on SFO-TPA would be met by a swift UA response that would inevitably put an end to the service. VX can barely even manage MCO service as it is, so forget about TPA. When the airline begins expanding again it will have much bigger fish to fry, like Atlanta and Houston.

Like PHF, SRQ was a successful market for AirTran and they accounted for a good chunk of the airport's pax numbers,... but WN pulled the plug.

At first I was rather surprised to see SRQ go, but then again WN really seems to struggle when it comes to the secondary and smaller market airports in Florida (i.e. ECP, EYW, PBI, PNS) that tend to be much more seasonal than the likes of FLL/JAX/MCO/TPA. WN probably figured it had more to lose running a small redundant SRQ operation than forcing those in the SRQ catchment area to drive an hour or so to the robust canyon blue operations at TPA (or RSW). After all, people have been known to drive A LOT farther to catch WN flights.

That said, WN's business model seems to be a lot more flexible these days. Although it is extremely unlikely that WN will serve SRQ anytime soon, I absolutely think the airline *could* make SRQ work. It would have to be a very seasonal operation, something like a dozen daily flights during peak Spring Break periods to various Midwestern and East Coast destinations reduced to a barebones BWI/MDW schedule during the lean hurricane season months.

WN fantasy aside, a realistic goal for SRQ would be an ULCC. An airline like F9, G4, or NK could offer routes and fares similar to what FL offered. Any such service would do wonders for the airport.

Punta Gorda Airport (PGD)

Current terminal to be expanded. This airport was to be a future destination of People Express, but....well, you know...

PGD is a lot farther than RSW when it comes to virtually all of the businesses, tourist attractions, and wealth of Southwest Florida. The action and the money is in South Fort Myers and areas further south (Estero, Bonita Springs, and Naples), while PGD is well north of the city in the middle of nowhere. As such this airport will never be a very attractive option for anyone but the most price conscious tourists and VFR travelers and, in turn, the ULCC(s) that cater(s) to them.

Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)

I got nothing really. I am just amazed that this airport can charge sky-high fees and tends to have lower-yielding, seasonal traffic, but the airlines still flock there. Pretty sure RSW has passed JAX and PBI

RSW is the fifth busiest airport in Florida, behind MIA, MCO, FLL, and TPA but well ahead of PBI (#6), JAX (#7), SFB (#8) and PNS (#9). The fees are high and the traffic is seasonal but the yields are great, so the airlines still flock there.
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

CMHSRQ

Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Quoting Surfandsnow (Reply 23):
At first I was rather surprised to see SRQ go, but then again WN really seems to struggle when it comes to the secondary and smaller market airports in Florida (i.e. ECP, EYW, PBI, PNS) that tend to be much more seasonal than the likes of FLL/JAX/MCO/TPA. WN probably figured it had more to lose running a small redundant SRQ operation than forcing those in the SRQ catchment area to drive an hour or so to the robust canyon blue operations at TPA (or RSW). After all, people have been known to drive A LOT farther to catch WN flights.

That said, WN's business model seems to be a lot more flexible these days. Although it is extremely unlikely that WN will serve SRQ anytime soon, I absolutely think the airline *could* make SRQ work. It would have to be a very seasonal operation, something like a dozen daily flights during peak Spring Break periods to various Midwestern and East Coast destinations reduced to a barebones BWI/MDW schedule during the lean hurricane season months.

WN won't return to SRQ until the CEO Rick Piccalo is gone. He pissed them off and essentially ensured that they won't return.

G4 is doubtful with PIE and PGD book ending SRQ
NK is doubtful as they look for city pairs with more that 275 people per day that aren't served.
F9 is at RSW and TPA.

It's slim pickings these days.
The voice of moderation

crj900lr

Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Quoting Mah4546 (Reply 22):

Im not talking about SRQ, read the post again.

727LOVER
Topic Author

Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:04 am

RSW is the fifth busiest airport in Florida, behind MIA, MCO, FLL, and TPA but well ahead of PBI (#6), JAX (#7), SFB (#8) and PNS (#9).

How does the rest of Florida line up?

The fees are high and the traffic is seasonal but the yields are great

Why? Why? Why?

SurfandSnow

Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:31 am

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 26):
How does the rest of Florida line up?

Here are the rankings for 2013:
1. MIA
2. MCO
3. FLL
4. TPA
5. RSW
6. PBI
7. JAX
8. SFB
9. PNS
10. SRQ
11. PIE
12. EYW
13. ECP
14. VPS
15. TLH
16. DAB
17. MLB
18. GNV
19. PGD

There were some pretty notable events in 2014, including the loss of all WN service at EYW and F9 adding service to UST (St. Augustine). While it is safe to say that UST will be Florida's least busy commercial airport (#20) for the foreseeable future, I think it is quite possible that ECP could overtake EYW this year or next year - unless EYW gets some LCC or ULCC service that would lower fares/help fill the WN void.

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 26):
Why? Why? Why?

The official population of the Fort Myers/Naples area is now over 1 million. In other words, the local market alone is the 60th largest in the entire country - and rapidly growing. For comparison's sake, metropolitan areas like Albuquerque, Dayton, El Paso, Knoxville, Tucson, and Tulsa are slightly larger, while metros like Boise, Des Moines, Little Rock, Madison, Omaha, and Syracuse are smaller. Now, these population figures only take into account Lee County and Collier County, but RSW also caters to many residents of adjacent counties (Charlotte County, Glades County, Hendry County, southern Sarasota County, etc.). Charlotte County and Sarasota County alone have over 500,000 people.

Just about everyone in Southwest Florida relocated from someplace else and frequently travels "home" to spend time friends and family. Snowbirds split their time between a Florida home during the winter and spring months and a northern home during the summer and fall. Historically folks on the East Coast gravitated to the east coast of Florida while Midwesterners flocked to Florida's western coast, but in recent years Southwest Florida has become an extremely popular destination for Northeasterners as well. This is why there is so much service between RSW and the Midwest and a very rapid increase in Northeast-RSW service in recent years. A lot of these folks are quite wealthy and think nothing of flying back and forth several times a year.

Then there is all the tourism. The warm climate is especially popular during the holidays and Spring Break. Activities like boating, fishing, golfing, jetskiing, kayaking, parasailing, and simply hanging out at the beach are possible year round - without having to worry about things like changing currency, getting a passport, language barriers, or water quality. There are accommodations, shops, and restaurants to suit virtually any taste and budget, from cheap hotels that cater to college spring breakers to plush high end resorts like the Ritz-Carlton Naples.

Finally, the area's economy is diversifying away from just tourism and residential real estate. The new Florida Gulf Coast University is now on the map after a shockingly great March Madness run, bringing students to the area that often stick around after graduating. Companies like Hertz and Gartner are moving to or expanding within the area, creating many great white collar job opportunities. Flights out of RSW aren't just all flip flops and t-shirts or white hair anymore - you see more and more young professionals in suits on the flights these days.
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

727LOVER
Topic Author

Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Quoting Surfandsnow (Reply 27):
Just about everyone in Southwest Florida relocated from someplace else and frequently travels "home" to spend time friends and family. Snowbirds split their time between a Florida home during the winter and spring months and a northern home during the summer and fall. Historically folks on the East Coast gravitated to the east coast of Florida while Midwesterners flocked to Florida's western coast, but in recent years Southwest Florida has become an extremely popular destination for Northeasterners as well. This is why there is so much service between RSW and the Midwest and a very rapid increase in Northeast-RSW service in recent years. A lot of these folks are quite wealthy and think nothing of flying back and forth several times a year.

Then there is all the tourism. The warm climate is especially popular during the holidays and Spring Break. Activities like boating, fishing, golfing, jetskiing, kayaking, parasailing, and simply hanging out at the beach are possible year round - without having to worry about things like changing currency, getting a passport, language barriers, or water quality. There are accommodations, shops, and restaurants to suit virtually any taste and budget, from cheap hotels that cater to college spring breakers to plush high end resorts like the Ritz-Carlton Naples.

That sounds like Sarasota/Bradenton

1. MIA
2. MCO
3. FLL
4. TPA
5. RSW
6. PBI
7. JAX

WOW....I can remember when this went:

1. MIA
2. TPA
3. MCO
4. FLL
5. PBI
6. JAX

When did FLL pass TPA?

9. PNS
10. SRQ

That's the one I was really curious about, That was certainly different in the 80's

n92r03

Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:00 pm

But where did all of the Canadian carriers go. PIE used to have Air Transat, Canada 3000, JetsGo and a few others.

I remember those days, there used to be a lot of L-1011's on the ramp at PIE. Then again, we used to see a 742 from AC at TPA sometimes in the winter as well. I don't have an answer for your question, but I'm thinking with Air Canada, West Jet and Rouge serving TPA, it is just not economical to make runs to PIE any longer from Canada.

n92r03

Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:06 pm

A bit off topic, but in the Sunday Tampa Tribune was this article about exploring Albert Whitted airport in downtown St Pete for more corporate jet traffic. Personally I don't see a runway expansion in the future, but then I'm not an expert or a lobbyist.

It is a great place to go for a meal, they have a nice restaurant (The Hangar) on property with great views and good food.

http://tbo.com/pinellas-county/st-pe...xecutive-jets-to-whitted-20141214/

RDUCO

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:49 pm

(The next People Express? Like PHF, SRQ was a successful market for AirTran and they accounted for a good chunk of the airport's pax numbers,... but WN pulled the plug.
So a new airline based at SRQ is trying to form: Sunrise Airlines) - 727lover

http://worldairlinenews.com/2013/05/...ew-airline-from-sarasotabradenton/

after searching google, this was the last post I could find and its from last year

New SRQ-based Airline?....... Sunrise Airlines! (by 727LOVER Apr 10 2013 in Civil Aviation)

it has even had its own forum
for the alliance

727LOVER
Topic Author

Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Just visited PGD yesterday. New terminal is coming along. It is on the north side of the existing one. It will be an addition, not replacing the current building.

DLX737200

Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:24 am

Get any photos in PGD?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos