VS4ever
Topic Author

Emotional Support Pig? Really?

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:20 am

Don't take my word for it..

Here's the link and go....

http://www.whdh.com/story/27504461/w...support-pig-kicked-off-conn-flight
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

bgm

RE: Emotional Support Pig? Really?

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:50 am

Only in good old 'murca. 
OK boomer.

727LOVER

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:10 am

There was an incident on a US Airways flight about 15 years ago. It too involved a pet pig. That pig deficit ed on the jet way IIRC
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

LAX772LR

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:50 am

More common than you might think... especially here in L.A., particularly in the valley.

They're actually pretty awesome, if they're well-trained, potty-trained, and know not to squeal. VASTLY more intelligent than dogs, and better behaved overall.

Meet Winston Churchpig.... our office-piggie, just sitting there on his best behavior and keeping us company:

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10710928_585684311531982_2404213037916046441_n.jpg?oh=35888c81153455a0fced7e53e8217710&oe=551E6D47

CLICK HERE to check out more of our critters

So yeah, doesn't surprise me.  
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

PanHAM

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:52 am

This proves that pigs can fly. Now, what will happen if the emotional Support pig will meet someone who has an emotional Support frog in his on board case?
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

Woodreau

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:01 am

You obviously havent seen the emotion support pony, duck, monkey, and all sorts of things people bring onboard claiming its for emotional support.

There are websites out there which will help you get the documentation required to check all the boxes to get whatever you want certified as an emotional support animal for the appropriate fee.

[Edited 2014-11-29 00:03:06]
Bonus animus sit, ab experientia. Quod salvatum fuerit de malis usu venit judicium.

BC77008

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:40 am

It has gotten Waaaaaay out of control. People are catching on in droves that in order to avoid a pet in cabin fee or pay to have the pet transported in cargo hold all one really needs to do is claim the animal is an emotional support animal (ESA). I'm sure someone somewhere (if it hasn't happened already) will claim a fellow human being as an ESA so that they can fly for free.
MY favorite airline and hub is bigger and/or better than YOUR favorite airline and hub!

RWA380

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:31 am

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 2):

There was an incident on a US Airways flight about 15 years ago. It too involved a pet pig. That pig deficit ed on the jet way IIRC

That wasn't the half of it, the US flight enroute to PDX was well over halfway completed when a series of events got the pig riled up, he not only deficated throughout the cabin, he was loose on the plane with a lot of pent up anxiety & a lack of valium, it damaged seats, carpet & Lord knows what else, No wonder this US crew said no to transporting another pig.

Quoting Woodreau (Reply 5):
You obviously havent seen the emotion support pony,

Our public transit system Tri-Met, was challenged in court from a lady with an emotional support pony, who wanted to have it riding the trains & buses all over Portland. Horses poop where & when they want to, it was dismissed as a health hazard.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

Natflyer

Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Quoting Bgm (Reply 1):

Got that right. This is ridiculous.

AWACSooner

Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:03 pm

That's it...I'm going out and buying a real live king cobra...and using it for emotional support when I board airplanes. If another pax is being overly rude or otherwise out of line, I will have the cobra bite him. Then I will emotionally feel better.

It's America...we love to take regulations like the ADA and stretch the law past it's common sense points...because we are that stupid.

us330

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Quoting AWACSooner (Reply 9):
It's America...we love to take regulations like the ADA and stretch the law past it's common sense points...because we are that stupid.

Emotional support animals actually aren't covered by the ADA, but the ADA does limit the types of questions you can ask to a person with an animal. See this article for more: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/20/pets-allowed

enilria

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Quoting 727LOVER (Reply 2):

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 7):
That wasn't the half of it, the US flight enroute to PDX was well over halfway completed when a series of events got the pig riled up, he not only deficated throughout the cabin, he was loose on the plane with a lot of pent up anxiety & a lack of valium, it damaged seats, carpet & Lord knows what else, No wonder this US crew said no to transporting another pig.

I thought it was PHL-LAX and on arrival it ran out of the plane and into the terminal with airport police chasing it. That was also an emotional support hog. The passenger had paperwork for it and the airline was afraid to deny it or get sued.

Quoting Woodreau (Reply 5):
There are websites out there which will help you get the documentation required to check all the boxes to get whatever you want certified as an emotional support animal for the appropriate fee.
That's it...I'm going out and buying a real live king cobra...and using it for emotional support when I board airplanes.
Quoting Bgm (Reply 1):
Only in good old 'murca.

Where the rights of the one who whines the most (or is elected or is famous or is in an intelligence service/DHS) exceed the rights of everybody else.

Quoting us330 (Reply 10):
Emotional support animals actually aren't covered by the ADA, but the ADA does limit the types of questions you can ask to a person with an animal.

The main questions should be:
Is this animal going to be quiet?
Is this animal going to be in your lap the whole flight?
Is this animal going to relieve itself in the cabin?
Is your giraffe going to fit in the space provided?

slvrblt

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Yes indeed, we are. And over-entitled, and selfish beyond description. They're not just small animals anymore - they are huge, 75lb shepherds or retriever type ESA's. Sometimes more than one. I see these fairly often and it just shocks me how selfish these owners are. If you as a passenger object to, or are allergic to emotional support cats, dogs, pigs or don't want this 75lb dog slobbering all over your shoes and clothes, too bad. It is YOU who will be removed from the plane.
The small animals are one thing, they're usually cute and easy to accommodate. But it just infuriates me no end, that someone can conceive of jamming a big dog or two onto the floor in a row of seats and think nothing of it. The animal sure isn't happy, and the customer next to them now has to endure a 3-5hour flight like this. But the needy person requiring this 'emotional support' from their massive hound doesn't care. It's all about them.
..everything works out in the end.

ikramerica

Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:37 pm

While the animal CAN offer emotional support, it is not necessary for the person to function for short amounts of time. That's where this whole thing gets silly. While over the course of your life an emotional support animal can help with PTSD and depression, among other things, they need not accompany you to every event/place etc. in order to provide this support.

These people who want to bring it on a plane are more using the animal as a "lucky" talisman or security blanket. If you need a security blanket that badly, buy yourself a security blanket, a stuffed animal or other "lucky charm" to bring with you at all times. The idea of "lucky" talismans is not new. It's as old as mankind. The idea that it needs to be a living, breathing animal is new. And it's absurd.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

ScottishDavie

Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:57 pm

Please excuse a stupid question from a baffled Brit but how the hell was she able to get the pig on to the aircraft before anybody stopped her? Even if she checked in on line surely security would have noticed it??

Viscount724

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:05 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 4):
This proves that pigs can fly.

Pigs have been flying for many years.

ArmitageShanks

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Quoting BC77008 (Reply 6):

It has gotten Waaaaaay out of control.

I've been on lots of flights with "service animals" and they've never bothered me. I'm all for it. If a dog barks a few times, who cares? It's public transport after all.

slvrblt

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Quoting ScottishDavie (Reply 14):
Please excuse a stupid question from a baffled Brit but how the hell was she able to get the pig on to the aircraft before anybody stopped her? Even if she checked in on line surely security would have noticed it??

Ever hear the saying, ''give them an inch, and they'll take a mile?'' Same premise. The ADA or Americans with disabilities act, was intended to help those with genuine disabilities. These folks utilize highly trained service animals to help cope with things like blindness, hearing impaired , seizures. Service animals are required to be carried in the cabin free of charge. If emotional support is documented by a physician, you have to allow the cat, dog, pig, whatever.

Emotional support is this big gray area. These animals have no specialized training to perform a specific task. I don't even know what it truly provides. I do know emotional support is a big business. Try it; just go online and you can pay money to be certified by somebody or print out a card that you need an emotional support animal with you. Supposedly this relieves all your fears of everything and makes you calm. You therefore avoid carryon pet charges and other inconvenient things like temperature restrictions for checked pets that can arise. You can also get little jackets for the pet to wear that say 'emotional support.' Airlines are starting to tighten the rules but it's still amazing what has to be allowed because of ADA. I've seen emotional support ducks, and pigs, and ferrets (ferrets are now a no-no.) I heard about one emotional support monkey, don't know if it was true. I had one guy, with TWO dogs a few weeks ago, both full sized labrador retrievers; yes, the psgr had to have BOTH big dogs with him, in the cabin, as emotional support, and he had the proper docs from a psychiatrist. The flight was on a 737, sold out; glad I wasn't the poor schmuck sitting next to him, I don't know where they put those two big dogs. I do find it interesting that the flight was going to a city that has a renowned school of veterinary medicine. But I digress. If I sound cynical it's because I am, and freely admit it. I see this stuff every day so I have some frame of reference.

LAX772LR

Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:49 pm

Quoting Armitageshanks (Reply 16):
If a dog barks a few times, who cares?

...someone whom dogs cause anxiety.

Maybe they'll need emotional support.  

EA CO AS

Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:25 am

People are catching on in droves that in order to avoid a pet in cabin fee or pay to have the pet transported in cargo hold all one really needs to do is claim the animal is an emotional support animal (ESA).

Airlines are catching on as well; agents are trained to question customers presenting a pet as an ESAN and can ask for documentation from a health care professional documenting the need. ESANs can also be turned away if the agent or crew feel it poses a health or safety risk to other customers.

From the AS website:

Prior to boarding, you must present current documentation to one of our Customer Service Agents. It must not be more than one year old and it must be on letterhead from a mental health professional or medical doctor who is treating your mental health-related disability. The letter must state the following:
•That you have a mental or emotional disability recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fifth Edition (DSM V)
•That you need the emotional support or psychiatric service animal as an accommodation for air travel and/or for activity at your destination
•The letter must come from a licensed mental health professional, you must be under his/her professional care.
•The letter MUST contain the date, the mental health professional's or medical doctor's license, and the state or other jurisdiction in which it was issued.

Also, certain types of animals - snakes, ferrets, frogs - will never be accepted as an ESAN.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

fanofjets

Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:39 am

Many people use therapy or service animals. Dogs are the most common, but pot-belly pigs and miniature horses are seeing increasing use. There is a great deal of documented scientific research on the benefits of various animals to persons with disabilities, especially those on the autism spectrum. They have also shown tremendous benefit to children who have experienced emotional trauma (such as emotional or sexual abuse), as well as the sick and elderly. If the pig, dog, or horse has been prescribed by a psychiatrist and is registered as a therapy or service animal, the animal - and its owner - must be allowed full access to all public places of accommodation in the U.S., under the Americans with Disabilities Act. It's an excellent law that has benefited many people. Because of stringent licencing requirements to train and obtain such an animal, abuse of the law is exceedingly rare.

These animals are extremely docile, intelligent, and well-behaved. They pose no danger to public safety. OK, I'm also biased - I find them extremely cute and get great pleasure of seeing them and petting them, when that is allowed.
The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

ScottishDavie

Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:24 am

Thanks SLVRBLT (Reply 17)

For me on the other side of the Atlantic this really is amazing. Guide dogs and hearing dogs I understand without any problem. The animals will have been carefully chosen and trained to do what they're supposed to do and not do what they're supposed not to do. On the other hand if I'm feeling stressed or p1ssed off about something my cat gives me emotional support by snuggling up to me and purring in my ear. Nobody trained her - she's just a nice cat who does that kind of thing. The very idea of trying to take her on to an aircraft is so ridiculous it never entered my head until I saw this thread. Do any of these self-obsessed "my rights trump yours and the rest of the world's" types ever think of the animal's feelings never mind their fellow passengers?

OzarkD9S

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:03 am

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 18):

...someone whom dogs cause anxiety.

Maybe they'll need emotional support.

That's what emotional support pumas are for.

I like pigs however, this is blown way out of proportion. Better an E.S. pig than a misbehaved human child next to me on the plane.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

LAX772LR

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:19 am

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 22):
That's what emotional support pumas are for.

Much rather one of those than a dog!  

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 22):
Better an E.S. pig than a misbehaved human child next to me on the plane.

bpat777

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:37 am

Are these animals allowed on international flights as well? I would be highly annoyed flying 6+ hours with an animal that close to me in a confined space.

bgm

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:41 am

Quoting ScottishDavie (Reply 21):
For me on the other side of the Atlantic this really is amazing. Guide dogs and hearing dogs I understand without any problem. The animals will have been carefully chosen and trained to do what they're supposed to do and not do what they're supposed not to do. On the other hand if I'm feeling stressed or p1ssed off about something my cat gives me emotional support by snuggling up to me and purring in my ear. Nobody trained her - she's just a nice cat who does that kind of thing. The very idea of trying to take her on to an aircraft is so ridiculous it never entered my head until I saw this thread. Do any of these self-obsessed "my rights trump yours and the rest of the world's" types ever think of the animal's feelings never mind their fellow passengers?

The world is a freak show, but in the US you're given a front row seat. 
OK boomer.

N62NA

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:50 am

Well.... a pig DID fly commercially, in the mid 1960s via this memorable GREEN ACRES episode!

http://youtu.be/8n6qJL8yd3M

copter808

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:54 am

It has gotten Waaaaaay out of control. People are catching on in droves that in order to avoid a pet in cabin fee or pay to have the pet transported in cargo hold all one really needs to do is claim the animal is an emotional support animal (ESA). I'm sure someone somewhere (if it hasn't happened already) will claim a fellow human being as an ESA so that they can fly for free.

I need my girlfriend for personal support. Can she fly free with me?

us330

Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:43 am

Quoting fanofjets (Reply 20):
Many people use therapy or service animals. Dogs are the most common, but pot-belly pigs and miniature horses are seeing increasing use.

Service animals are different than emotional support or therapy animals. Nobody on this thread is questioning the legitimacy of a blind person bringing their trained service animal on board--people are questioning this "emotional support" animal nonsense that is the adult version of a safety blanket. Many of these "emotional support" animals aren't trained at all for specific tasks, and are licensed by mail-order schemes. Read the New Yorker article I posted previously for more information.

OzarkD9S

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:00 am

Quoting us330 (Reply 29):

Many of these "emotional support" animals aren't trained at all for specific tasks, and are licensed by mail-order schemes. Read the New Yorker article I posted previously for more information.

And yet it has been suggested that having cats prolongs your life and relieves stress. Having two cats I can attest to that. Would I take either one of them on a plane for "emotional support", no. But who knows what others need.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

OB1504

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:45 am

Nitpick: Air travel is not governed by the ADA. The applicable legislation is the Air Carrier Access Act.

EA CO AS

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:39 am

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 31):
Nitpick: Air travel is not governed by the ADA. The applicable legislation is the Air Carrier Access Act.

That's always the first giveaway that someone who's ranting about their "rights" doesn't really know what they're talking about; they start shouting about the ADA when telling airline employees what they're supposedly entitled to.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Brewfangrb

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:58 am

Quoting PEK777 (Reply 26):
Here we go again with the autism. Autism is not a disease/disability. It is completely made up and is an EXCUSE that is far over used these days.

Wow. So for people that have the more obvious, outward symptoms, what would diagnose them as having, Dr. House?

rtfm

Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:10 am

It's public transport after all.

Except it isn't. The majority of commercial air travel is operated by private companies. And while those companies have to comply with national and international regulations, that does not make it 'public transport'.

ScottishDavie

Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Sorry, but my Brit brain is still struggling with this. Suppose the flight is, say, a fully sold out Embraer 145. A booked passenger turns up with an "emotional support" pony in tow and has all the (apparently) correct paperwork. What happens next?

aviatorcraig

Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 4):
Now, what will happen if the emotional Support pig will meet someone who has an emotional Support frog in his on board case?

...Emotional Support Muppets?
707 727 Caravelle Comet Concorde Dash-7 DC-9 DC-10 One-Eleven Trident Tristar Tu-134 VC-10 Viscount plus boring stuff!

Andy33

Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Quoting bpat777 (Reply 24):
Are these animals allowed on international flights as well? I would be highly annoyed flying 6+ hours with an animal that close to me in a confined space.

Well if you're flying on an international flight with a non-US airline then what they allow would be dependant on the law in their country of AOC registration. In the UK the Civil Aviation Authority delegate the certification of animals to Assistance Dogs International/Assistance Dogs Europe, and carriers are only required to transport duly certified animals. As Assistance Dogs International/Assistance Dogs Europe is the federation of service animal training charities this ensures that the animal is specifically trained to assist with the disability its human has, and on how to behave in public. They don't provide an animal unless the person requesting one has submitted medical evidence.

Then there is the question of whether the animal will be allowed into the destination country - try going somewhere like Australia with really tight bio-security regulations with anything more exotic than a dog and see what happens!

rtfm

Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Quoting aviatorcraig (Reply 35):
Emotional Support Muppets

I'd go for an emotional support tiger... Tho' I suspect the 'emotional' effect on other passengers might be interesting...  Wow!   

longhauler

Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Emotional Support Pig .... wife .... it's all the same, no?

If a dog barks a few times, who cares?

Maybe it's because I am a "dog person", but I'd rather hear a dog bark than a baby crying.

I recently worked a YYZ-ZRH flight, and someone's little manure machine, er baby, was screeching for about 6 hours of the 8 1/2 hour flight. I really felt for the other 20 odd J passengers, as if I could hear it plainly in the cockpit, then I can't imagine what it was like in the cabin. Perhaps an Emotional Support Dog/Pig would have helped?
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

ThirtyEcho

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Having been raised in a rural environment, I am pretty familiar with pigs. They are obstinate animals that use their weight and orneryness to go wherever they want to go. Cracking them across the nose with a stick doesn't stop them and they will try to push through whatever obstacle is put in their path. They have no fear of humans at all. They are omnivorous and, if hungry, they will try to eat whatever is handy. I wouldn't want a pig loose in the cabin of any airplane.

LAX772LR

Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:02 pm

Out of curiosity, would a religiously-focused carrier like Saudia or El Al even agree to transport one?

Asking honestly.

SCQ83

Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:30 pm

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/10/20/pets-allowed

Apparently this pig just flew BOS-EWR. JetBlue seems to be more Pig-friendly than US. And in an Embraer nonetheless! Kudos to them.

I like the idea of airplanes becoming like a zoo  Smile

[Edited 2014-11-30 11:31:55]

Longhornmaniac

Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 41):
I like the idea of airplanes becoming like a zoo

Me too. I was flying from LAX-AUS last week, and we had a woman in the bulkhead of first class with a golden retriever. At some point it decided it needed to get up and walk around so it just started strolling down the aisle. I think everybody on the aisle in F pet it. Definitely a funny experience.

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

Flighty

Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Pigs belong in the galley, on a stick. IMO

ikramerica

Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Quoting ThirtyEcho (Reply 39):
Having been raised in a rural environment, I am pretty familiar with pigs. They are obstinate animals that use their weight and orneryness to go wherever they want to go. Cracking them across the nose with a stick doesn't stop them and they will try to push through whatever obstacle is put in their path. They have no fear of humans at all. They are omnivorous and, if hungry, they will try to eat whatever is handy. I wouldn't want a pig loose in the cabin of any airplane.

This.

My friends have 2. The only real way to move them is to coax them with food.

One day I was at my friends desk doing video work. His 300 pound pig wasn't happy so it kept biting my leg. I had to move it out of the office and lock the door and it stared at me through the glass.

You don't want an angry pig on your plane.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

slvrblt

Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Quoting ScottishDavie (Reply 21):
Do any of these self-obsessed "my rights trump yours and the rest of the world's" types ever think of the animal's feelings never mind their fellow passengers?

No, I don't really think so. It's all about them and their overblown sense of self. Anything that's too large to be held in your lap or put under the seat shouldn't qualify as emotional support.

Natflyer

Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Quoting LAX772LR (Reply 40):

I used to fly for Saudia. I dare you to try it  

LAX772LR

Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Quoting Natflyer (Reply 46):
I dare you to try it

No thanks.

thekorean

Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Quoting longhauler (Reply 38):

Sometimes you have to take the baby with you what you gonna do? Ship em on FedEx? And its not like you can discipline a baby.

"Emotional support animal" is a load of crock, on the other hand.

aklrno

Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Reply 42):
Me too. I was flying from LAX-AUS last week, and we had a woman in the bulkhead of first class with a golden retriever. At some point it decided it needed to get up and walk around so it just started strolling down the aisle. I think everybody on the aisle in F pet it. Definitely a funny experience.

I take my 90 pound lab/wolfhound mix on the bus where I live. I try to sit in the back so we don't block the aisle, but all the kids on the bus end up back with the dog . Sometimes he just works the room. It would be fun to see him work the room on an airplane. He has no problem dealing with people in the aisles. Everyone smiles. Too bad we could never try this.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos