Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

GSP psgr

RE: Malaysia Airlines B772 Missing KUL-PEK Part 74

Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 149):
Nonetheless, you are right - the SatCom comming back online is a big, very big, piece of the puzzle...

To me, this is one of the two biggest mysteries within the larger mystery (given what we have been told so far). The other one is what exactly was MH370 doing between 18:25 and 19:41.

777Jet

Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:16 am

Quoting GSP psgr (Reply 150):
Quoting 777Jet (Reply 149):
Nonetheless, you are right - the SatCom comming back online is a big, very big, piece of the puzzle...

To me, this is one of the two biggest mysteries within the larger mystery (given what we have been told so far). The other one is what exactly was MH370 doing between 18:25 and 19:41.

Agreed.

I really doubt that anything was wrong with the plane.

ACARS, Transponder & SatCom go offline. The plane turns around and heads West, flys across the Malay Peninsula, then turns Northward and flys between countries before rounding the tip of Sumatra and heading out into the Indian Ocean. Then, just SatCom comes back online at that moment when it enters nowhere...

I'm guessing that the transponder stayed off because why would somebody who took the plane want their plane or position to be identified? They wouldn't, so leave the transponder off. ACARS stayed off because if it remained on it could have provided data to those on the ground that there was nothing wrong with the plane so it would be logical to leave ACARS off if you wanted to take the plane - ACARS being off still entertains the idea that something could have been wrong with the plane. But, if ACARS was on and nothing was wrong with the plane we would know that, so leave ACARS off to add to the mystery. As for the SatCom, all they really got out of that was hourly pings that gave an arc with the BFO & BTO data being further analysed to suggest which direction on that arc it headed. Almost 10 months later the plane is still missing. I feel that MH370 was intentional.

The following article pretty well sums up what the outcome of the current search could mean:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1724904/mal...ssing-plane-found-or-lost-forever/

""Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Next Five Months Could Determine If Missing Plane Found Or Lost Forever

The search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 is reaching a critical phase, with the next five months reportedly determining if the missing plane will be found or lost on the ocean floor forever.

For the last nine months, search crews have combed the ocean for the flight, which vanished March 8 with 239 crew and passengers on board. The search is now moving to a priority search area of roughly 40,000 square miles, which will likely be completed in the next few months.

“Assuming no significant delays with vessels, equipment or from the weather, the current underwater search area may be largely completed around May 2015,” a spokesman for the international search group told the Weekend Australian.

But the search will face great difficulty, the report noted.

“The water in the southern Indian Ocean is extremely deep, the terrain is varied and covers sub-sea volcanoes, mountains and valleys, and the search area is near treacherous southern hemisphere waters known for being whipped up by the famous ‘roaring forties’ wind.”

Many experts believe that the priority search area is the last real chance to find Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.

But others think the missing plane is already lost, with treacherous underwater conditions making it impossible to find.

“The current there is the worst in the world, the weather there is the worst in the world and the sea floor there is less well-known than the surface of the Moon,” author Nigel Cawthorne told Britain’s Express newspaper. “It is the most remote part of this planet.”

Cawthorne, author of the book Flight MH370: The Mystery, said he believes search crews may be nowhere near the plane.

“There’s no sensible theory to where it is,” Cawthorne said.

The disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 and the fruitless search has led to a number of conspiracy theories, including ideas that the missing plane was shot down by American armed forces or hijacked by terrorists and landed. But independent investigator Jeff Wise said the theories are nothing but “unrooted madness.”""
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

WingedMigrator

Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:27 am

ATSB 7 January 2015 search update: 208000 km2 surveyed (complete) and 14000 km2 searched for wreckage. With the survey work complete, all three ships are now searching with towed sonar, so the pace should start picking up.

747WanSui

Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:13 am

I just found out that the TV series Mayday/Air Crash Investigation has produced an episode on MH370 which will air sometime this year, since they just released a three-minute preview of it.

While I support the idea of an ACI episode about MH370, I do wonder if they are getting ahead of themselves by producing it at a time when the actual aircraft is still missing and the only theories out there are based on conjecture (ACI produced its episode on AF447 well after the main wreckage of that aircraft had been located)...
Long live the Boeing 747!

777Jet

Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:20 am

Quoting 747WanSui (Reply 153):
I just found out that the TV series Mayday/Air Crash Investigation has produced an episode on MH370 which will air sometime this year, since they just released a three-minute preview of it.

Can you provide a link to the preview?
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

tailskid

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:02 am

Quoting LovesCoffee (Reply 142):
So while at the current time Mr. McKay's sighting is thought to have a low probability, it has not yet been absolutely ruled out.

All you can say is that you personaly haven't ruled Mr. McKay's claimed sighting out. Everyone else of any consequence has ruled his claimed sighting to be unfounded.

Quoting LovesCoffee (Reply 142):
I have a small modification to make to this.

You can modify your own posts if you wish but afik you have no power to modify mine.

747WanSui

Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:34 am

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 154):

Here's one on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xnVjxKQ4GI

As I mentioned before, since this was produced at a time when the aircraft still has yet to be located, does this mean that Mayday/ACI will have to remake this episode if and when the aircraft is found?

[Edited 2015-01-12 22:40:33]
Long live the Boeing 747!

lancelot07

Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:20 am

Quoting 747WanSui (Reply 156):
As I mentioned before, since this was produced at a time when the aircraft still has yet to be located, does this mean that Mayday/ACI will have to remake this episode if and when the aircraft is found?

Yes, at least partly.

rj777

Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:07 pm

They should have done one on MH17 before MH370. There's (almost) no question as to what happened there. But I can def tell you this. There's probably going to be more news footage and interviews with family members than actual dramatization. Especially news footage of family members yelling at MH officials, etc.

On the topic of the search, the family members would NOT be happy if the search was called off.

LovesCoffee

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:16 pm

Quoting tailskid (Reply 155):
Everyone else of any consequence has ruled his claimed sighting to be unfounded.

And that group would consist of all the people who agree with you. I'm glad not to be in that group.
Life is too short for cheap coffee.

tailskid

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Quoting liquidair (Reply 148):
Have you had any epiphanies yet as to why our how the satcom came back online?

We have never had a statement from anyone who would have specific knowledge of exactly what all the effects would be from powering off the left AC bus. So that question has two sides.

777Jet

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:20 am

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/...-mh370/ar-AA8efy2?ocid=mailsignout

""Ten months on, Australia confident of finding MH370

Missing airliner MH370 is "very likely" to be found if it lies in the undersea zone now being scoured, and is probably in good condition despite being submerged for 10 months, the Australian search chief told AFP.

Three vessels, with a fourth on the way, are probing the depths of the Indian Ocean off western Australia where the Malaysia Airlines plane carrying 239 people, mostly Chinese, is believed to have crashed.

The jet disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8 and apart from some mysterious satellite "pings" interpreted as plotting its southern course, no sign of it has been found despite a massive air and sea operation.

Relatives of those on board have endured a long wait for answers on what happened to their loved ones, with their torment reawakened by AirAsia Flight QZ8501 crashing into the sea off Indonesia on December 28.

So far, one quarter of the priority underwater search area of 60,000 square kilometres (23,166 square miles) has been checked, while a wider zone of 208,000 square kilometres has been mapped.

"Our satellite calculations gave us an area we determined was high priority," Martin Dolan, the chief commissioner of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, which is leading the search, told AFP.

"In this 60,000 square kilometres, it's very likely we will find the aircraft, but we don't know exactly where. We just have to cover that area thoroughly until we find the aircraft."

The priority search began in early October and will accelerate over the next few months as weather conditions improve, with the hunt expected to wrap up in May.

If the jet is not found, a decision on extending the investigation would be made by Australia and Malaysia, which have jointly shouldered the cost.

Undersea revelations

Dolan said mapping had led to the discovery of previously unknown undersea features such as mountains, volcanos, chasms and a rough, uneven sea floor, highlighting the challenges.

To take a closer look at the complex terrain, the Australian and Malaysian governments said Wednesday they were jointly funding the fourth ship, Fugro Supporter, to join the probe later this month.

While the other three vessels -- Fugro Equator, Fugro Discovery and GO Phoenix -- use sophisticated sonar systems attached to tow cables up to 10 kilometres (6.2 miles) long, the Supporter will have an autonomous underwater vehicle.

"(It) can be programmed and cover areas much more thoroughly. It's of course a lot slower," Dolan said, adding that about five percent of the search area needed the closer scrutiny.

"We need to go slow so that we can be 100 percent sure that we have covered that area totally."

No oxygen, no decay

The underwater probe is taking place in treacherous surface conditions with waves as high as 12 metres (39 feet). Authorities believe the plane may be sitting on the ocean floor at depths of 4,000 metres.

But the deep sea plays an important role in preserving the aircraft if that was its resting place, Dolan said.

"At the likely depth we think the aircraft is, around about 4,000 metres below the sea surface, there's very little going on there... that's likely to affect the components of the aircraft we are looking for," he said.

"The second is that down there there's very little or no oxygen, so there's not anything in the way of oxidisation or decay going on with aircraft parts.

"The sonar equipment we are using means that -- even if there's an amount of silt or other things -- we can still locate the aircraft parts.

"We are confident there's going to be enough visible parts of the aircraft for us to be able to detect it."

Authorities have drawn up a recovery plan if the plane is found.

The proposal, which is still being assessed, would use technology and techniques similar to those deployed to recover Air France flight AF447, Dolan said.

The French flag carrier, including its "black box" flight data recorder, was hauled from the Atlantic nearly two years after it crashed en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris on June 1, 2009, killing all 228 on board.

Some Aus$120 million (US$98 million) has so far been jointly committed by Australia and Malaysia to fund the search.

"We are confident that if we are looking in the right area -- as we think we are -- we will find the aircraft," Dolan said.

"It's just that it's a very large area, so it's going to take a long time."""

liquidair

Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:49 am

To be fair, the rather good and unexpected news that they found the Beagle 2 Lander on Mars after 12 years of apnoea, bodes well for MH370.

I mean, one thing we can be sure of, is that it's still on this planet...
trying to stop my gaseous viscosity go liquid

scbriml

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:03 pm

Quoting liquidair (Reply 162):

Only if you're prepared to rule out alien abduction.   
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

777Jet

Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:23 am

The title of a new Plane Talking blog by Ben Sandilands that came out yesterday:

"MH370: Is it time to investigate the investigators?"

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalk...-to-investigate-the-investigators/

Take it how you like, but if 9M-MRO has not been found after the priority search area search has been completed then I have no doubt that some tough questions will need to be answered...

Quoting scbriml (Reply 163):
Quoting liquidair (Reply 162):

Only if you're prepared to rule out alien abduction.

And I know that there are some people who aren't prepared to rule that out  

awthompson

Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:16 am

For a time I was convinced that 9M-MRO was put into the ocean in a controlled ditching then was allowed to sink to the depths in one piece, hence no floating or washed up debris has been found. This gave hope that the aircraft would eventually be found on the ocean floor.

I am now inclined to think that the aircraft was put into the ocean at close to the maximum speed possible in a nose dive. This would have achieved complete destruction with possibly no floating debris and very, very unfortunately, nothing large enough to ever be found at such depths. Fuel exhaustion also would have ensured virtually no trace on the surface or in the water.

The only hope of having found anything on the surface would have been to arrive by chance at the exact point of entry within a few hours of the crash when perhaps a few very tiny pieces of plastic may have been on the surface. A few more hours and any trace would have been dispersed and no longer possible to see. The only clue we might ever get if this scenario is true may be minute and almost unidentifiable pieces of plastic washing up somewhere, but these may be so small that they will go unnoticed.

notaxonrotax

Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:45 am

Quoting awthompson (Reply 165):
no trace on the surface or in the water.

But nothing?
Not 1 life vest afloat?
Not 1 airplane seat cushion?
I must admit I think that is pretty hard to achieve.....

MAYBE that's what "they" (whoever) were going for.......you could be right.
But then I remain hopeful that good old Fugro can give us a trace of some kind.....they are pretty good at what they do!

No Tax on Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"

tailskid

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:08 am

Quoting notaxonrotax (Reply 166):

But nothing?
Not 1 life vest afloat?
Not 1 airplane seat cushion?
I must admit I think that is pretty hard to achieve.....

I think that you (and all others) who believe the fact that no physical trace has shown up on the oceans' surface is important or revelatory, are ignoring the vastness of the southern ocean and the fact that for over a month after the disappearance of 9MMRO the search was conducted in the wrong area.

The current thinking on the most probable point for the resting place for 9MMRO is almost 1,500 miles from where the search was conducted in late March and the first weeks of April.

By the time the search area was renewed after the "ULB pings" heard in late March were discounted, any floating debris had either sunk, or had traveled with ocean currents or surface wind influence for six weeks or so. By that time there was little point in searching.

EMAman

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:34 am

This would have achieved complete destruction with possibly no floating debris and very, very unfortunately, nothing large enough to ever be found at such depths. Fuel exhaustion also would have ensured virtually no trace on the surface or in the water.

There would always be wreckage even in a nose dive - consider AF447 which hit nose first.

The wreckage would never totally vanish, only sink with time.

tailskid

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:11 am

Quoting EMAman (Reply 168):
There would always be wreckage even in a nose dive - consider AF447 which hit nose first.

AF447 hit in a nose down stall - which is much different from the scenario proposed above.

While the proposed 500+ knots straight down water entry would almost certainly leave less floating debris than a breakup of the plane entering the water at lower speed including a significant horizontal component, I very much doubt this scenario; it appears that 9MMRO's flight ended as a result of fuel exhaustion, which is less compatible with the high speed dive theory - which would require thrust in order to achieve maximum penetration.

777Jet

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:30 am

I am now inclined to think that the aircraft was put into the ocean at close to the maximum speed possible in a nose dive. This would have achieved complete destruction with possibly no floating debris and very, very unfortunately, nothing large enough to ever be found at such depths.

IIRC somebody from the JACC mentioned some months ago that the equipment being used in the underwater search is capable of detecting items as small as a soda can.

rwessel

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:38 am

Quoting tailskid (Reply 169):
AF447 hit in a nose down stall - which is much different from the scenario proposed above.

A nose *up* stall?

777Jet

Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:02 am

Quoting rwessel (Reply 171):

A nose *up* stall?

AF447 was in a nose up stall and impacted nose up (IIRC 16.2 degrees nose up with 5.3 degrees roll angle to the left when the FDR recordings stopped).

tailskid

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:01 pm

My point in post #169 was that AF447 was stalled - and not in a high speed dive. Although I don't claim in depth knowledge of the AF447 accident off the top of my head, that much I do know.

So you can relax 777Jet.

awthompson

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:16 pm

This would have achieved complete destruction with possibly no floating debris and very, very unfortunately, nothing large enough to ever be found at such depths. Fuel exhaustion also would have ensured virtually no trace on the surface or in the water.

The wreckage would never totally vanish, only sink with time.

AF447 impacted the water in a high nose up attitude but on a very steep trajectory. The forward speed was slow and the vertical speed was not massive either.

For MH370 I am talking about a high speed dive scenario similar to Silk Air 185.

While the proposed 500+ knots straight down water entry would almost certainly leave less floating debris than a breakup of the plane entering the water at lower speed including a significant horizontal component, I very much doubt this scenario; it appears that 9MMRO's flight ended as a result of fuel exhaustion, which is less compatible with the high speed dive theory - which would require thrust in order to achieve maximum penetration.

As stated AF447 was falling flattish without much forward speed and on a steep trajectory with nose slightly raised, in an aerodynamic stall of course.

I've recently been wondering about a deliberate diversion and remote disposal of the aircraft ie. a pilot controlled dive from altitude in an attempt to obliterate the aircraft.

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 170):

I am now inclined to think that the aircraft was put into the ocean at close to the maximum speed possible in a nose dive. This would have achieved complete destruction with possibly no floating debris and very, very unfortunately, nothing large enough to ever be found at such depths.

IIRC somebody from the JACC mentioned some months ago that the equipment being used in the underwater search is capable of detecting items as small as a soda can.

If the ocean bed in the area was flat silt or similar perhaps. But what if the small pieces of wreckage have fallen in an already rough area with jagged rocks etc. Then I would doubt that any scanner would identify small fragments of aircraft from the surrounding environment.

777Jet

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Quoting tailskid (Reply 173):
My point in post #169 was that AF447 was stalled - and not in a high speed dive. Although I don't claim in depth knowledge of the AF447 accident off the top of my head, that much I do know.

So you can relax 777Jet.

Given that the AF447 impact was being discussed it might as well be as factual as possible - so I provided the angles at the time of impact...

Quoting awthompson (Reply 174):
Quoting 777Jet (Reply 170):

If the ocean bed in the area was flat silt or similar perhaps. But what if the small pieces of wreckage have fallen in an already rough area with jagged rocks etc. Then I would doubt that any scanner would identify small fragments of aircraft from the surrounding environment.

And what a shame that would be if that is what happened and it is consequently not found.

[Edited 2015-01-21 14:03:30]

tailskid

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:08 pm

Quoting awthompson (Reply 174):
I've recently been wondering about a deliberate diversion and remote disposal of the aircraft ie. a pilot controlled dive from altitude in an attempt to obliterate the aircraft.

I'm with you on the "deliberate diversion and remote disposal" but I can't buy into the dive theory.

However you do raise an interesting question: whether there would be less floating debris left from an airliner that hit water in a high speed vertical dive or one that was set down at a shallow angle at the lowest possible speed.

The shallow angle entry would seem to be dependent on quirks of fate, it might allow the hull to remain intact and sink to the bottom intact, or it might break up on the surface and dump much of the cabin contents on the surface.

The "high speed dive entry" might force everything 100' or more below the surface before downward movement stopped - in which case only a small portion would make its way back up to the surface, but it also might cause the hull to "explode" while portions of it were still above the surface, scattering debris around the point of impact. I don't know which scenario would play out, or more importantly, which scenario the person piloting 9MMRO thought would play out.

But I doubt the high speed scenario for a couple of reasons - again, it appears that 9MMRO's flight ended as a result of fuel exhaustion, the last incomplete satellite transaction indicates that was the case (as well as the expected fuel on board.) Then there is the fact that the termination of the flight occurred during daylight and if this was as well planned an event as it appears to have been, that would indicate a "ditching" had been planned.

awthompson

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:32 pm

tailskid

Thanks for your responses to my comments. That's what I was looking for, some comments on which of the two scenarios could have resulted in the lowest likelihood of debris on the surface.

After all, zero items have been found on the surface or have yet been washed up on any shore in so many months. Given that satellite ping analysis indicates that the aircraft ended its flight in the Southern Indian Ocean, and I'm inclined to believe it did, then why no debris?

Of course the expanse of ocean is vast, and the water very deep, but still why has nothing at all, even the smallest item been found. That's poses a certain level of mystery.

If indeed the whole event was a planned deliberate act, then one would also surmise that the perpetrator if he was going to go to such trouble to stage the event would finish the job he had set out to do. Zero debris or artifacts from the aircraft underscores the fact that 'he' certainly succeeded.

If so, how did he achieve such annihilation of the aircraft. You can hopefully follow where I am coming from and why I first considered the 'clean' ditching possibility. However a successful ditching and scuppering of the whole or almost whole aircraft is assuming that the perpetrator wanted the aircraft to be found at some stage in the future. If it is indeed on the ocean bed in one piece or at least in large pieces, then there is a good chance it will be found one day as searches will never completely give up until the mystery is solved. I would like to see it found, but time is moving on.

I then started to ask myself, why would the perpetrator go to such lengths, and then scupper the aircraft intact. That's when I started to think that it would be more likely that he executed a high speed entry.

I don't think satellite pings can tell us that the aircraft crashed 'after' it ran out of fuel. How about the perpetrator stayed aloft as long as 'he' could then put the aircraft into a dive with the last remaining power. I am sure he would have wanted to end his life painlessly/instantly. How would he have achieved this in a ditching?

I personally believe that a very high speed dive would leave very little chance of finding anything in such a remote deep expanse of ocean. Swissair 111 left very small pieces (and it was not a purposeful controlled dive), and there are other high speed dives which virtually obliterated the aircraft concerned. SilkAir 185 is another one that comes to mind.

For those who find it hard to accept that the whole event may have been 'staged' by a person or persons, I can only say that in the age we are living in, I am not particularly shocked. People are doing very extreme things with extreme consequences so it is well within the realm of human possibility. In fact, after 911 (an entirely different situation of course) really anything is possible in my mind. The reality is also that we are likely to see more of this kind of thing unfortunately.

tailskid

Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:51 am

FWIW

There is a report from Ben Sandilands who is an aviation journalist in Australia, who says that the search ships appear to him to be congregating at a location about 90s 37e. His source is a guy named Mike Chillit.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalk...s-gather-a-new-report-is-promised/

777Jet

Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:28 am

Quoting tailskid (Reply 178):

Fingers crossed that it is for the reason that we have been waiting / hoping for...

BTW Ben Sandilands is also a member / user of this site  Smile

[Edited 2015-01-28 18:32:50]

washingtonflyer

Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:00 am

Quoting tailskid (Reply 178):
There is a report from Ben Sandilands who is an aviation journalist in Australia, who says that the search ships appear to him to be congregating at a location about 90s 37e. His source is a guy named Mike Chillit.

You mean 90E.....Itd be tough for search ships to be operating at 90S...

liquidair

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:23 am

The MH370 briefing for today had been cancelled, according to some twitter reports- one from Mandala- apparently due to "unforeseen circumstances".

Anyone know anything?
trying to stop my gaseous viscosity go liquid

KarelXWB

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:32 am

Quoting liquidair (Reply 181):
Anyone know anything?

The press conference is canceled because of the presence of families, who were supposed to be briefed separately.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

KarelXWB

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:13 am

MH370 has formally been declared as an accident with loss of all 239 occupants.

LovesCoffee

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:25 am

Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 183):

Link?
Life is too short for cheap coffee.

KarelXWB

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:29 am

Quoting LovesCoffee (Reply 184):
Link?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-31039460

[Edited 2015-01-29 02:34:31]

KarelXWB

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:31 am

777Jet

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:04 am

Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 183):

An "accident"... Hmmm... Big claim despite not knowing what happened let alone where the plane is...

At least it should now be easier for families regarding any life insurance claims.

KarelXWB

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:36 pm

The undersea search for MH370 has covered almost a third of its target area, Malaysian authorities said on Friday, adding that they were confident the aircraft is in the zone.

Article:
http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1422623684.html

notaxonrotax

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 189):
The undersea search for MH370 has covered almost a third of its target area

That is highly expensive research they are doing, and normally nobody would have paid for a survey in such a remote area.
I wonder who else may end up benefitting from all that date being gathered? Maybe we all do, in the end!
Granted they may not encounter a triple 7 but who knows what they may discover!
I am guessing ship wrecks, perhaps even another (forgotten) plane, geological discoveries or perhaps some biological new tidbits!

Very interesting, no?
Hope this info becomes public!

No Tax On Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"

winterlight

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:58 pm

The anticipated formal sweeping under the carpet by all concerned. Not a cover-up though.
Question everything. Trust no-one.

777Jet

Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Quoting notaxonrotax (Reply 190):
That is highly expensive research they are doing, and normally nobody would have paid for a survey in such a remote area.
I wonder who else may end up benefitting from all that date being gathered?

Oil companies?

Mineral exploration companies?

Quoting winterlight (Reply 191):
The anticipated formal sweeping under the carpet by all concerned. Not a cover-up though.

You have claimed that MH370 was a cover-up at least since Dec 1, 2014 (in the Site Related sub-forum) yet you still have not explained your reasons as to why and what exactly happened... Hmmm... What is your MH370 scenario?

Quoting winterlight (Reply 19):
73 pages of absolute nothing when we all know it's a cover up.

So, winterlight, enlighten us on the cover-up  

tailskid

Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:48 am

Quoting notaxonrotax (Reply 190):
I wonder who else may end up benefitting from all that date being gathered? Maybe we all do, in the end! Granted they may not encounter a triple 7 but who knows what they may discover!

The people who study Earth sciences (geologists etc) will benefit, and thus all people will benefit from this knowledge. But specifically Australia may someday receive great benefit from this search and mapping project.

Who knows what the future may bring, but Australia has gone a long way towards staking a claim of sovereignty over this vast surface of the Earth. This action may someday rank up there with the United States' purchase of that great wasteland known as Alaska.

This information will be placed in the public domain. I am sure that in the near future there will be doctoral thesis written based on the data from this mapping project.

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 192):

I don't know what your disagreement with winterlight is but the fact that Malaysia and specifically Hishammuddin have blatantly covered up (misstated or prevented from release) information regarding the disappearance of MH-370 has been well covered here in earlier parts. It should not be necessary for anyone to have to drag this information up and posr it here again.

777Jet

Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:46 am

Quoting tailskid (Reply 193):
It should not be necessary for anyone to have to drag this information up and posr it here again. .

I was asking for winterlight to elabortae on what he or she thinks happened to MH370 and why rather than just making the vague 'MH370 is obviously a cover-up' type comment that a 5th grader could make.

But that that point was missed does not surprise me...

[Edited 2015-01-30 21:21:12]

777Jet

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:07 am

I am curious to hear what the following a.net member now thinks about MH370 given that it has been a while:

https://www.airliners.net/profile/flyingwithfish

777Jet

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:11 pm

MH370 Operational Search Update from 5 days ago: Over 22,000 square kilometres of the seafloor have been searched, which is around 36 per cent of the priority search area.

Quoting 747WanSui (Reply 153):
I just found out that the TV series Mayday/Air Crash Investigation has produced an episode on MH370 which will air sometime this year, since they just released a three-minute preview of it.While I support the idea of an ACI episode about MH370, I do wonder if they are getting ahead of themselves by producing it at a time when the actual aircraft is still missing and the only theories out there are based on conjecture (ACI produced its episode on AF447 well after the main wreckage of that aircraft had been located)...

I watched the MH370 Air Crash Investigation episode last night.

It seemed to focus on the following scenarios: Hijacking, Hypoxia, Fire & it was done intentionally by somebody with the skills of a pilot.

Towards the end a comment was made on which pilot was more likely to have done it if it was done by one of the two pilots known to have been in the MH370 cockpit.

It was basically stated that the FO really had no reason to make MH370 vanish, but, to my surprise, it was also stated that the Captain equally had no reason to do it.

There was no mention about anything that is known about the Captain, such as the Anwar verdict / support / relation or other possible motives.

Nonetheless, it seemed to me that most of the commentators believe that MH370 was an intentional act done by somebody on that plane and with pilot skills.

FWIW the important detail about the Sat-Com coming back online was not mentioned.

In addition, nothing about the cell phone tower picking up a signal from the FO's phone was mentioned.

OMP777X

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:06 am

The series "Air Crash Investigation" just ran their special on the disappearance of MH370, entitled "Where is Malaysia 370":

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q8roFEgLbKE

They run through all of the scenarios that have been previously proposed here and throughout the media. They reenact the likeliest ones, and their experts seem to settle on the idea that "a pilot" has caused the disappearance, but don't suggest either one on the flight deck in particular (though the actor playing the captain is shown acting out the sabatoge scenario). It is a great series in general, and they use quality acting and CGI throughout this episode like all of the others. It is worth watching for sure.

Best,

OMP777X
"Happy Flighting!"

777Jet

Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:00 am

KarelXWB

Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Now 40% of the target area has been searched.

http://twitter.com/AviationHeds/status/570543496831959040

Still no sign of the airplane.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos