Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Miami
Topic Author

United Named 'Airline Of The Year'

Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Global Traveler has named United Airlines its 2014 Airline of the Year.

Global Traveler also announced today that its readers named United the Best Trans-Pacific Airline and, for the 11th straight year, named MileagePlus the Best Frequent-Flyer Program. MileagePlus also won for Best Frequent-Flyer Bonus Program.

The United MileagePlus Club Card was named Best Credit Card and Best Credit Card Rewards Program, while the United MileagePlus Explorer Card was named Best Frequent-Flyer Affinity Credit Card Redemptions.

Quote:
"This year, United has continued to create a more flyer-friendly experience for our customers – broadening our global route network, introducing new tools to give customers more information and control over their travel experience, and providing our employees more of what they need to provide better service in our airports and onboard our aircraft," said Jeff Foland, United's executive vice president of marketing and strategy. "Next year, customers and employees can look forward to more investment in service, technology and reliability."
www.finance.yahoo.com/news/united-ai...amed-airline-global-213000591.html

Congrats to United!

-Miami   

YouGeeElWhy

RE: United Named 'Airline Of The Year'

Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Must be an early April Fool's joke.   

Miami
Topic Author

Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Quoting YouGeeElWhy (Reply 1):

This had me thinking. Wasn't United rank worst airline in North America this past year?

TWA772LR

Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:55 pm

The United Airlines Renaissance has begun!

roseflyer

Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Global traveler has about 100 categories of best airline, so every airline can win a category or two in their survey. It does not mean much.

http://www.globaltravelerusa.com/2014-gt-tested-awards/#bmb=1

If you look at the best overall list, etihad is at the top which makes much more sense.

Best Overall Airline in the World
Etihad Airways
Singapore Airlines
Delta Air Lines
United Airlines
Asiana Airlines
Emirates
British Airways
Air Canada
Lufthansa
Swiss International Air Lines

United won best transpacific subcategory excluding japan. That likely happened since united is the biggest transpacific airline so everyone knows them. Somehow Thai airways ranked 5th in that category which makes no sense since they only operate one transpacific route (LAX-ICN) less than daily (currently 4 times a week).

If you want to see how ridiculous global traveler is, look at these two categories. They include the same 5 airlines but somehow the order is different. Air New Zealand is best to Australia and New Zealand but somehow worst in the South Pacific.

Best Airline to Australia and New Zealand
Air New Zealand
Fiji Airways
Air Tahiti Nui
Virgin Australia
Qantas

Best Airline in the South Pacific
Fiji Airways
Air Tahiti Nui
Qantas
Virgin Australia
Air New Zealand

[Edited 2014-12-01 15:03:43]

[Edited 2014-12-01 15:05:22]

TWA772LR

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:02 pm

Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 4):
Best Overall Airline in the World
Etihad Airways
Singapore Airlines
Delta Air Lines
United Airlines
Asiana Airlines
Emirates
British Airways
Air Canada
Lufthansa
Swiss International Air Lines

Number 5 on a list? In that kind of company? I'd call that a victory in itself.

maxamuus

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:09 pm

If UA airlines is the airline of the year, then things are looking good for Amtrak.

USAirALB

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:15 pm

US carriers have so far to go in regards to service.

My biggest complaint is the lack of consistency. I could walk on to a UA/AA/DL flight right now and experience, great service that rivals some of the finest international airlines in the world, or I could walk on to an UA/AA/DL flight and walk away feeling like the flight crew was just volunteering their time and doing us a favor by being there.

Example:

I flew CLT-IAH-LAX-IAH-CLT this past summer.

My flight on IAH-LAX was less than stellar. Two of the flight attendants were fantastic, but they other two acted like they were working an evacuation mission flight; shouting, pointing, eyerolls...unacceptable. A man moved to the exit row after door closure, and the CSM smiled and said don't tell anyone. Another flight attendant walked up, gasped, and yelled "YOU CANNOT SIT HERE. MOVE. MOVE AWAY, NOW!". The man asked why and all she said was "I'M GOING TO HAVE TO GET MY CREDIT CARD MACHINE THEN!". That's beyond rude. I get that you need to pay to be in E+, but it could have been explained 100x better.

Coming back, the flight attendants on the redeye LAX-IAH were fantastic. They kept emphasizing that we were "their guests" throughout the flight. Small gestures, like "My pleasure, sir" or "You don't have to thank me" really go along way, at least for me. Plus, there were blankets, which pleasantly surprised me.

777Jet

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Quoting Miami (Thread starter):
Congrats to United!

Yes, congrats to UA...

But, seriously, I wonder how much tea money exchanged hands before this was announced  
Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 3):

Wouldn't that be nice!

Quoting YouGeeElWhy (Reply 1):

Ha ha ha, I was thinking the same thing...

Some of these different 'best airline' lists make me really wonder how much tea money was exchanged or what was being smoked when deciding the rankings...

TonyBurr

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:31 pm

My eyes have to be deciving me in reading this. This shows how totaly ridiculous these so called survey's must be.

UA is Best at being Worst, and this is after having flown 2.5 million miles on it, and 1K for 19 continuous years.

Ridiculous.

RyanairGuru

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Quoting TWA772LR (Reply 3):

I think it has.

Best in the world is a definite leap of imagination, but after 5 flights (3 longhaul, 2 domestic) with United in the past 10 days I have been absolutely stunned by how good they are now. And consistent too! After every flight I said to myself "I'm definitely owed some bad luck now", and the next one was as good if not better. After an admittedly very small sample of flights, I see no reason why they cannot be the best carrier in North America if they keep doing what they're doing at the moment.

[Edited 2014-12-01 16:03:47]

S75752

Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:00 am

for the 11th straight year, named MileagePlus the Best Frequent-Flyer Program. MileagePlus also won for Best Frequent-Flyer Bonus Program.

The United MileagePlus Club Card was named Best Credit Card and Best Credit Card Rewards Program, while the United MileagePlus Explorer Card was named Best Frequent-Flyer Affinity Credit Card Redemptions.

That I can see, seems reasonable, MileagePlus is pretty impressive and I have yet to ever hear of better.

Global Traveler also announced today that its readers named United the Best Trans-Pacific Airline and

Now this is completely backwards in so many ways! Of all the areas UA flies comprehensively, from Asia to Europe to South America to the Middle East... The one they win is PACIFIC?! That's where they most dominantly fly the 744! They must not have polled many people from SFO where the worst longhaul economy class in the world is actually based, with half-effort improvements only coming along after a year of delay and many more years of complete ignorance.

The only possible upsides to their transpacific economy is that the seats at least aren't slimlines, and aren't in a 10-abreast on the 772's they do fly. That's all.

Undeserved is as big as an understatement can get!

fxramper

Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:17 am

This is a joke.

Was fun watching a GS get served a meal with meat after she said she requested vegetarian and ate half of it. Also the fuel divert and subsequent not original announcement from Chicago HQ to login to united.com whatever and list your flight and get some drink coupons because the enjoy continuing to lie to passengers about non stop flights and then doing fuel stops when historically even a 757-900 couldn't do it. It was comical, like the new United, and the actors that are in their
new safety ad and lead up.

www.untied.com

[Edited 2014-12-01 16:22:25]

MaverickM11

Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:51 am

Quoting USAirALB (Reply 8):
US carriers have so far to go in regards to service.

I think that ship has sailed. Maybe US carriers haven't improved--I think they have, especially DL--but EU carriers are just as bad if not worse, at least in Y and J. There are a couple great F choices over there, but otherwise it's the same story, and they still have a lot more costs to cut. Asia might be the last bastion of a few decent Y service, but that shoe is dropping as we speak.

atcsundevil

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:12 am

United must have paid someone off...

-Soon to be ex-1K

Planesmart

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:14 am

Wouldn't rank in my international Top 10, but I haven't flown with them as recently as Ryanair.

USAirALB

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:17 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 14):
are just as bad if not worse, at least in Y and J

Really?

I tend to disagree. While I do agree that some European carriers have gone down hill in Y (BA comes to mind), I would still argue that some European carriers, namely AF/LH/LX are still better than US carriers in terms of food and overall inflight service in Y.

DocLightning

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:20 am

My biggest complaint is the lack of consistency. I could walk on to a UA/AA/DL flight right now and experience, great service that rivals some of the finest international airlines in the world, or I could walk on to an UA/AA/DL flight and walk away feeling like the flight crew was just volunteering their time and doing us a favor by being there.

My experience with DL has been consistently good to excellent. However for UA and AA I have to agree.

roseflyer

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:54 am

Quoting fxramper (Reply 13):

I know you don't like united, but name another airline that will guarantee you a 18.5 inch wide (9 abreast 777) 36 inch pitch economy seat with full AVOD across the pacific if you are the lowest level of elite? For those who only get economy paid for by their company, UA transpacific is not necessarily as bad of a product as that website of complaints implies. UA has plenty of problems, and I don't really think they are the best but they do have some positive aspects.

N505fx

Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:01 am

Coming back, the flight attendants on the redeye LAX-IAH were fantastic.

were you on an A320 by chance?

United Airline

Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:45 am

An airline which doesn't serve free food in economy on domestic flights/flights to and from Canada/Mexico and charge alcohol on all flights=the best?

April fools.....

No 1 from the bottom maybe.

UA444

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:34 am

Won for the 11th year in a row. Odd. According to the CO fan club, UA has been a mess for their entire 88 years and never once won awards.

catiii

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:52 am

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 10):

Agreed, working for another airline and having had the chance to fly them 8 times in the last 4 weeks (they go a lot of places we don't!) I've been very impressed by the hard and soft product, and the customer care I've gotten.

MSPNWA

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:15 am

I don't take awards in the airline industry seriously for choosing my travel, but it's good to see UA get its share of love too. When I've flown them they've treated me very well.

Daysleeper

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:27 am

The only US airline I have used frequently enough to be able to make a fair judgement was NorthWest. I flew them a couple of times a month from AMS to BOS (And back!) for over two years and they were fantastic. At the time I was just being diagnosed with Epilepsy and after an accident on crutches, so I required assistance and almost had one medical diversion after an "incident" but managed to talk the captain out of it. But yeah, fantastic airline and sorely missed  

I've done the same route with Delta, but not enough yet to really form an opinion either way.....

pezzy669

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:36 am

Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 18):
I know you don't like united, but name another airline that will guarantee you a 18.5 inch wide (9 abreast 777) 36 inch pitch economy seat with full AVOD across the pacific if you are the lowest level of elite? For those who only get economy paid for by their company, UA transpacific is not necessarily as bad of a product as that website of complaints implies. UA has plenty of problems, and I don't really think they are the best but they do have some positive aspects.

I know United can't guarantee 18.5" wide w/36" of pitch even in Economy Plus across the Pacific.

jetblue1965

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:59 am

Quoting pezzy669 (Reply 25):

They can't "guarantee", but if u look at the WB fleets of UA DL AA, the % seats in Y+ is far higher than DL EC or AA MCE across the fleet, so you'll have a much higher chance of scoring an Econ plus seat, even as a low level elite

MarcoPoloWorld

Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:15 am

While I agree that United is still a mere 3-star airline from a hard and soft service perspective, it is the most cosmopolitan of the US carriers, Star is the most comprehensive of the three alliances, and MileagePlus miles award inventory is the best of any network carrier on this side of the pond.

questions

Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:25 am

Now we know... Global Traveler is owned by Hemispheres magazine.

lychemsa

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:19 am

It's true. It's a great frequent flyer program. But it's standard Y service long haul sucks.

rwsea

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:33 am

I have to give UA credit, as I've generally had a good experience. This year out of 90+ segments I've really only had 4-5 flights that were delayed more than an hour. Yesterday I had a cancelled flight and they immediately rebooked me on a competitor flight that got me home 20 minutes earlier than expected. The clubs and the food onboard leave a lot to be desired, but otherwise I've been treated quite well as an elite member. I especially enjoy Economy Plus.

I recently was based in the Netherlands and used KLM as my primary carrier. I have to say that UA treats elites much better. As a Gold member with KL, I had to pay extra for exit rows or "EconomyComfort" seating. The soft product was much better on KLM, but UA definitely has a better hard product in both economy and business class (although KLM is finally getting a competitive business class).

All in all I don't believe UA should be winning any major awards for service, but they've been reliable and treated me well when things have gone wrong.

S75752

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:17 am

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 26):
% seats in Y+ is far higher than DL EC or AA MCE across the fleet, so you'll have a much higher chance of scoring an Econ plus seat, even as a low level elite

Every time I've looked, the only seats open to be taken after everyone's purchased their own (or got the free upgrade at purchase) are middle seats. Seems to make for an interesting trade off, but I'd take a lower legroom window over a large middle.

I know you don't like united, but name another airline that will guarantee you a 18.5 inch wide (9 abreast 777) 36 inch pitch economy seat with full AVOD across the pacific if you are the lowest level of elite?

If you're not flying from SFO, yes.
SFO (UA's main Pacific base, supposedly) gets screwed.
744: PVG, PEK, ICN, NRT, HKG.
ORD 744: PEK, NRT, PVG

Additionally, I am pretty sure that the majority of Asian carriers have 9 abreast 777's for Transpac ops. Regionals/Low Cost may be 10 abreast, as well as 2 or 3 exceptions including PR.

Quoting UA444 (Reply 21):
Won for the 11th year in a row. Odd. According to the CO fan club, UA has been a mess for their entire 88 years and never once won awards.

I'm pretty sure the 11th year in a row is referring to the Mileage program specifically. In which case I very much agree with that award. UA's mileage program is awesome, though I'm not pleased with the PQD and fare-based changes it's probably still the best one I've heard of.

Now if it wasn't for the 744, I would say that UA at least isn't the worst. They'll never be the best but at least not the worst. Problem is, with the 744 dominating Pacific ops out of SFO, and the 744 having the absolute worst service of all their fleet and of any carrier across the pacific, UA definitely is the worst of all.

The thing that gets to me so bad about them stating that UA is the best Transpac airline is that Transpac is where their service is weakest. If it were South America or Europe service, then I could definitely see them as being one of the better ones! They have a better onboard product than AA/US typically offer on those routes and do offer more destinations too.

When UA finally fixes up their 744's (took them darned long enough to start) then it will be a potential contender.

On a side note, what happened to their interactive route map? It seems to have disappeared from their site.

jetblue1965

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:23 am

Quoting S75752 (Reply 32):

I don't know how late you buy your ticket or how late you check in, but I have 95+% success rate in scoring window/aisle E+, in those few days when upgrades didn't clear

UA444

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:34 am

Quoting S75752 (Reply 32):

I very much disagree on the 747s and I definitely don't feel as if they're screwing people. I'll take that over the 787 that Smisek is in love with any day. Ptv's in y is not a deal killer, I wish they had them but they have overheads and wifi. Plus, nothing beats the upper deck or First. Or the fact that 3 of them still have Tulips.

B737900ER

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:50 am

Quoting UA444 (Reply 34):

I don't know if you've flown on a 787 but it's a good ride. It's not just Smisek who thinks so, company data suggests that passengers prefer it. In fact most passengers prefer the 777 over the 747. Customer satisfaction numbers jumped significantly when SYD flights were switched. So I wouldn't say ISP and AVOD isn't a factor. But I know no hard data or facts will move you off your agenda, but it is what it is.

S75752

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:56 am

Quoting jetblue1965 (Reply 33):
I don't know how late you buy your ticket or how late you check in, but I have 95+% success rate in scoring window/aisle E+, in those few days when upgrades didn't clear

I'm only a Silver, so it's at check in (I think). Gold gets it at the time of purchase, right?

I wish they had them but they have overheads and wifi. Plus, nothing beats the upper deck or First. Or the fact that 3 of them still have Tulips.

The overheads do little to help with a boring trip, play maybe 4 movies across 14 hours (some good, some not, seems to vary). The Wifi is useless without power.

As for the upper deck everyone loves in business... The 321LR will come to the rescue to experience that small cabin feeling. Hopefully, my thoughts on a 767-range 757 successor may come to fruition someday to take up the range gap, though that's unlikely.

I don't think any carrier deserves to get a best carrier award solely because of how they treat their business class, all carriers will treat their business/first amazingly well (with maybe some amusing exceptions that I don't know of...), so IMO the carriers who deserve to be recognized for service are those who will bother to take the extra effort to have an above and beyond Y class. The novelty of flying one of a slowly vanishing breed of aircraft is not enough to make up for how it actually is on that craft if it's such a long flight as a transpacific, especially if other carriers have that same craft far better furnished.

I will admit that as others have said, the Y seats on the 744 are more comfortable than the 788 for sure. Same with the 772.

As for the first class situation... I know it's been discussed here a lot why exactly UA is phasing it out but that escapes my mind. That also seems to be something with a better situation across the pond.

When the Y power installation is completed, then it will at least be somewhere between acceptable and good, especially with Wifi. But without power, the Wifi and streaming is worthless.

Or the fact that 3 of them still have Tulips.

I'll agree with that as well, I miss the Tulip too... Even though the craft were worse back then.

frostyj

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:38 am

Yes United are fantastic, used them in June and will be using them again next summer. Don't like how they only give us half cups of juice on transatlantic flights though, we aren't peasants.

Mortyman

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:55 am

Best Airline Alliance

1.oneworld
2.Etihad/airberlin/Aer Lingus/Air Seychelles
3.SkyTeam
4.Star Alliance
5.Emirates/Qantas

Didn't think number 2 and 5 were official airline alliances .... ?

shengzhurou

Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:56 am

I have flew JL, NH, SQ, CX and UA all together more than 25 one way trips across pacific, with business class on cx and ua, economy class on all for five of them, overall UA ranks the bottom on my list.

strfyr51

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:02 am

it seems like there's somebody naming somebody the best of everything every couple of months, Is this a magazine? Website? what??
A few years ago I heard a complaint about the merger from the Assn. Airline Passengers. Hell ! I didn't even KNOW they had a Union!!
To Protest the merger, I though legally you had to have "standing" to bring something to Court. I have heard of Conde Nast and Michellin Traven but these guys?
Please enlighten me.

LN-KGL

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:42 am

"Global" could be replaced with "US" in the magazine title - I guess the readers are mainly US citizens. The magazine also says in its subtitle that it is a magazine for luxury business travelers, and that narrows the field even more and you end up with a selected few (26,000) that cast a vote.

MaverickM11

Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Quoting Mortyman (Reply 38):
Best Airline Alliance

1.oneworld
2.Etihad/airberlin/Aer Lingus/Air Seychelles
3.SkyTeam
4.Star Alliance
5.Emirates/Qantas

That is bizarre. How is Star Alliance #4? Have they seen the airlines in Skyteam?   

Quoting USAirALB (Reply 16):
While I do agree that some European carriers have gone down hill in Y (BA comes to mind), I would still argue that some European carriers, namely AF/LH/LX are still better than US carriers in terms of food and overall inflight service in Y

Regionally I find no difference between EU carriers and the LCCs, except the LCCs--and a couple EU carriers--do BOB instead of a meal. Longhaul J is generally nuts in a bag, tray service from the cart, and nothing really special. In Y all the LH group carriers are identical to US carriers in Y--in fact LX Y longhaul is *identical* to UA Y. AF used to have really nice catering but I haven't flown them in years.

N766UA

Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:33 pm

The "United Airlines Renaissance" begins on their jets... not in some online news article. For me, UAL becomes "the best" when I say so.

eaglepower83

Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:49 pm

#1 for Wall Street maybe!
This is a shocker.

While United is no longer miserable to fly, the staff have gotten less venomous etc.
But.....they're still ALWAYS LATE wherever I go.
And if anything....ANYTHING......is ever out of sorts with a ticket, it's always a huge dramatic issue with that stupid SHARES system.
Seriously. That thing is a giant ball and chain around what $misek claims is a tech company with some planes.

Good for them?
But the customer experience still does not match the ratings....IMEx.

United Airline

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Why can't UA get its acts together and become a top airline like CX and SQ? I guess CX and SQ are richer than UA

rwsea

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Quoting United Airline (Reply 45):
Why can't UA get its acts together and become a top airline like CX and SQ? I guess CX and SQ are richer than UA

UA could do that tomorrow, but customers aren't willing to pay those kinds of prices.

And frankly, with the dramatic rise of LCCs in Asia I think it's only inevitable that the carriers you mention come down to a level more consistent with UA. We've already seen this happen in Europe and Asia is only a matter of time.

roseflyer

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Quoting United Airline (Reply 45):

I think it is based on revenue opportunity available. Businesses in the United States have been cutting back on expensive travel. Although air traffic has caught up to where it was before the 2008 recession, business class and first class travel never came back. Demand has stayed flat since many businesses are going through their own cost reduction and austerity measures. Some routes remain healthy, but in general the number of last minute business class and first class tickets being purchased is down. This really hurts top end revenue.

Fares had been going down for decades. This results in airlines having to cut back and institute fees. If you look at inflation adjusted air fares, they are going down. Oil prices have been going up. The result is that wages are going down. Lower wages results in lower quality of service offered to passengers. Fewer gate staff, fewer flight attendants on board, flight attendants paid less and expected to work harder, etc all result in lower quality service.

Corporations in Asia are not run the same way as in the United States. The economies that have been developed for decades have companies cutting back on spending to remain competitive. This has resulted in airlines in Europe and United States cutting service and cost. In China, companies are expanding rapidly. With such development, demand and fares increase. This is why you can have service levels improve.

One good thing is in the last 2-3 years, revenue and fares have been going up faster than costs. Oil has been stable and most recently getting cheaper. This results in more profit for the airlines. Some of that may end up improving service. Delta has tried to improve some of its customer service, and you'll see easy things like meal quality go up when profit goes up. However, it will take a few years of healthy profits for airlines to start competing against each other by offering superior products and not just trying to compete on price.

JQflightie

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Quoting Roseflyer (Reply 4):
Best Airline to Australia and New Zealand
Air New Zealand
Fiji Airways
Air Tahiti Nui
Virgin Australia
Qantas

Really? A QF A380 has basically been voted last across the Pacific? I really dont think so?

ua900

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 14):
United must have paid someone off...

Quoting questions (Reply 28):
Now we know... Global Traveler is owned by Hemispheres magazine.

Might as well be. The UA clubs are plastered with "Global Traveler" and I have yet to meet someone who holds a paid subscription to it, unlike say "Condé Nast". Look out for "HI Luxury", "Angeleno", "CS", "DC" and all these localized UA Club magazines to all hail UA for being #1 in their book.

Global Traveler also announced today that its readers named United the Best Trans-Pacific Airline and, for the 11th straight year, named MileagePlus the Best Frequent-Flyer Program. MileagePlus also won for Best Frequent-Flyer Bonus Program.

Sure, easy choice given that Global Traveler magazine is predominant in UA Clubs and features (presumably paid) UA CC ads galore. Nice to see some unbiased recognition  

flybynight

Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:37 pm

After my recent experience with UA's f-class service, I would rate them about as high on service and comfort as a NYC taxi. In fact, the back seat of a Crown Victoria might be better.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos