|Quoting airzim (Reply 83):|
American's First Class product still very much up for debate
Here's my personal *anecdotal* experience on an early evening weekday JFK
1. They board via 1L instead of 2L, so the initial premise of embarkation privacy didn't hold.
2. Wi-Fi is not comp'ed, even for paid F. I find it amusing that a $5000 paid F ticket cannot get $20 of Wi-Fi charge waived. Wi-Fi is also quite slow. Trying to use VPN into corporate network, I experienced significant latency (first world problems i know)
3. The aisles in F are *really* wide. To a point of space-wasting wide. Plus side is really good privacy in the cabin.
4. Catering and service didn't feel *significantly* more than J.
5. You're in the front of the cabin, so the galley light can be a real annoyance.
6. It's great for celebrity sighting - my friend on another 321T flight sat 2 seats from Britney.
7. 7 days before departure, the cabin was booked 4/10. At T-24 check-in it was about 7/10. It departed with 10/10 filled. Can't tell whether it's a bunch of last minute paid F or upgrades clearing. (my flight departed 100% full in all 3 cabins, so might be a case of op-ups too .. who knows)