SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

When Will Spirit Begin Flying To SLC?

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:32 pm

When will NK fly to SLC. I hear that there will be a few gates opening up at SLC pretty soon, with that will NK finally start flying to SLC? I know they have talked to SLC officials about beginning service there, and now with gates opening, this seems like the perfect time to start flying into SLC. I can see NK adding SLC-LAX/DFW/IAH/ORD/LAS.

Chisky16

RE: When Will Spirit Begin Flying To SLC?

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:36 pm

Spirit said that they will focus on "connecting the dots" in their current markets before venturing to new cities. This has been the case with adding international service to IAH, new routes out of ORD, and some addictions from DEN. CLE is being added, but I think only because by the demise left by United; Spirit couldn't pass that by.
Using common knowledge to save the day!

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:38 pm

Quoting ChiSky16 (Reply 1):

But at the same time they have recently added MCI....

thekorean

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:44 pm

SLC Ogden Airport. MAKE IT HAPPEN SPIRIT!

SLCSFOPDX
Topic Author

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:46 pm

PVU has a better chance of getting NK than OGD. With that PVU will never get NK anyways.

thekorean

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:55 pm

I am surprised Spirit doesnt fly to more obscure airports and call it so and so city, when its 30 or more miles away

Chisky16

Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Quoting thekorean (Reply 5):

Spirit is targeting larger markets, unlike ULCC in Europe. They're able to attract more customers that way.
Using common knowledge to save the day!

enilria

Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Quoting SLCSFOPDX (Thread starter):
When will NK fly to SLC. I hear that there will be a few gates opening up at SLC pretty soon, with that will NK finally start flying to SLC?

I think if they wanted a gate they could have gotten one already, but it is a logical add for them...but so is SEA.

FLY2TUS

Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:23 pm

What gates are opening up? Because as of now, I can only think of a couple they could potentially use: B1 (where B6 was temporarily before moving back to A4 AND it's a pretty tight squeeze for an Airbus), or A5 which is an SLCDA owned gate that AA and US occasionally use. Other than that, I can't think of any other gates they could use, unless DL leased a gate to them.
Ready. Set. Jet.

Legend757

Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Quoting SLCSFOPDX (Thread starter):
When will NK fly to SLC. I hear that there will be a few gates opening up at SLC pretty soon, with that will NK finally start flying to SLC? I know they have talked to SLC officials about beginning service there, and now with gates opening, this seems like the perfect time to start flying into SLC. I can see NK adding SLC-LAX/DFW/IAH/ORD/LAS.

I've read your comments with your speculations and hopes for F9 to build up SLC to virtually those same destinations. SLC doesn't have that large enough of a market to support two ULCCs (especially to the same markets). Not going to see DL, UA, AA, WN, F9, NK and AS all fight for LAX at the same time.

You also have apparently heard from credible sources that F9 is looking to build up SLC. In order for them to really do that, they would need more gate space. It's also been announced in at least one SLC Board and Commissions meeting that AS wants more gate space. So, it would seem logical that if SLC is making available a few gates, DL, F9 and AS would likely be the top candidates, not NK, FI, LH, EK, DE, BA, among your many hopefuls  

Quoting enilria (Reply 7):
I think if they wanted a gate they could have gotten one already

Yup.

SunsetLimited

Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:22 pm

Why does every airline have to fly everywhere?

Honestly, I don't see NK adding SLC for some time. They probably just have greater priorities right now.
Spread hope like fire.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos