Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PHX787

RE: Phoenix Arizona Aviation Thread Part 12

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Quoting aztrainer (Reply 91):
Saw this in another thread talking about the busiest airports in the WORLD. PHX is #26 with 42,134,662 with an increase of 4.4%.

We are the busiest airport in the US without a flight to Asia.

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 96):
Hey Zach, I'd be up for that...when will u be in town? Been to GYR lately?

Hey Sorry I couldn't meet you guys, I was entirely too busy that weekend >Quoting cathay747 (Reply 99):
Interesting...crew familiarization flights I guess. Did anyone get any shots of it?

Seconded, I didn't see anything on the PHXSpotters page either.
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

wn676

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Update on the T3 project...construction commenced last week, beginning with the demolition of the T2-T3 pedestrian bridge. Work is underway to reactivate two gates at T2 to handle T3 tenants temporarily (I believe F9/NK or some combination of those smaller carriers in T3 currently). The south concourse demo/reconstruction will occur prior to the expansion of the north concourse. It will be nice to see that finally moving forward, we haven't had a new concourse constructed since S-2 in 2005.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

chrisair

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 101):
Update on the T3 project...construction commenced last week, beginning with the demolition of the T2-T3 pedestrian bridge.

Bummer. That was a far more convenient way to get to T2 from T3 than the current walkway off the Skytrain. The stairs are so much faster than the elevator.

wn676

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:29 pm

Quoting chrisair (Reply 102):
Bummer. That was a far more convenient way to get to T2 from T3 than the current walkway off the Skytrain. The stairs are so much faster than the elevator.

I used to use that every night; jumping off the bus at T3, I could actually beat it to the stop at T2 and be in my car before the 40 other people spilled out into the lot.

Agreed on the elevator...the first time I used it I thought we were stuck. It really does move that slowly.

BD338

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:39 pm

Quoting PHX+Flyer" class="quote" target="_blank">PHX Flyer (Reply 94):
I felt the need to reactivate this thread because of the on-going discussion of the projected growth of Sea-Tac and the ambitious expansion plans there.. I just did the math for Sky Harbor: even with an average growth per year of only 2%, we would see 62 million passengers in 2034. With 3%, it would be a whopping 75 million. Given that the current expansion plans will result in a net gain of zero gates (assuming T2 will be shut down upon completion of the T3 south pier expansion as currently planned), isn't it time to revive a discussion (both here on this board and in real life) about a significant expansion of the existing passenger facilities for future growth?

I would suggest waiting to see just what 'the new AA' does with Phoenix in the long term. If they maintain or expand the hub then it might be worth a discussion for long term planning. Though it is worth noting that the last 15 years at PHX saw a growth of approx 25% (33.5M to 42.1M), and that covered a period of massive growth for the Metro area that is unlikely to be repeated at such a rate over the next 15 years. 25% growth would mean ~52M by 2030.

There's always the mothballed plan for the West Terminal if they need it.

Osubuckeyes

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Quoting BD338 (Reply 104):
There's always the mothballed plan for the West Terminal if they need it.

They can also add the last concourse on T4S. My guess is that they will have some future expansion planned in with the reconstruction of T3, either an extension of the South side or additional concourses on the North.

Quoting wn676 (Reply 101):
Work is underway to reactivate two gates at T2 to handle T3 tenants temporarily

Wouldn't they only need to relocate HA and SY if the South is supposed to be finished before starting the North?

wn676

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:55 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 105):
Wouldn't they only need to relocate HA and SY if the South is supposed to be finished before starting the North?

I'm honestly not sure what the thinking behind it is but it might also have to do with reducing the passenger volume through T3 while the processor is expanded. Those temporary T2 gates are also only sized for Group III aircraft.

treebeard787

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:01 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 105):

My guess is they could move F9 and NK over to T2, and then HA and SY could use their gates at T3 north. Of course they could always just move HA and SY to T2 as well.
Allons-y!

cageyjames

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Quoting treebeard787 (Reply 107):
My guess is they could move F9 and NK over to T2, and then HA and SY could use their gates at T3 north. Of course they could always just move HA and SY to T2 as well.

That's pretty disruptive. HA and SY could go to T4 and use the international gates. So few flights I'm not sure it really would impact anything. I'm also pretty sure you can't fit a 767 into T2 anymore. HA could go to T3N but I don't know if there is room for their flight there in the 767 gate.

wn676

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Quoting cageyjames (Reply 108):

Quoting treebeard787 (Reply 107):

That's pretty disruptive. HA and SY could go to T4 and use the international gates. So few flights I'm not sure it really would impact anything. I'm also pretty sure you can't fit a 767 into T2 anymore. HA could go to T3N but I don't know if there is room for their flight there in the 767 gate.

You can park a Group V aircraft at Gate 3 but it's used by UA. It's also best to avoid moving anyone into T4N right now given the upcoming apron reconstruction project. There are space issues there to begin with and it's soon to get worse without the addition of another airline.

Regardless of who it is, there are two jetways being installed that will accommodate some current T3 tenants.

treebeard787

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:21 pm

HA could go to T3N but I don't know if there is room for their flight there in the 767 gate.

Gate 24 has plenty of slack to handle the single HA flight, especially if they move F9, or NK, but even then they could still make it work.
Allons-y!

PHX Flyer

Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:45 am

The AA B787 just flew over our house here at Squaw Peak. Most usual lighting I have ever seen ... thanks to FR 24 I was able to identify it. Will it stay overnight? If so, will it be parked in the passenger terminal area or on a remote stand?
"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes forever skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Maverick623

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:41 am

Quoting PHX Flyer (Reply 111):
Will it stay overnight?

Not yet. It's been doing stop-and-go's for the past week. We may see it gate in the coming weeks, but no firm plans.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

4holer

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:57 am

Quoting PHX Flyer (Reply 111):
Will it stay overnight?

Yup, already gone. Missed it myself. (again)

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 112):
It's been doing stop-and-go's for the past week.

I'll see one of them, dadburnit!
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................

wn676

Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Quoting treebeard787 (Reply 110):
Gate 24 has plenty of slack to handle the single HA flight, especially if they move F9, or NK, but even then they could still make it work.

Compiling their schedules, it looks like you could combine all T3 tenants into 7 gates if need be. It wouldn't leave a lot of room for IROPS though...and you'd have to find space to park an extra 7+ RONs.

cageyjames

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:07 pm

Moving F9 or NK might be more trouble than just finding a temp gate for HA and SY. I can't see an scenario they move anyone into T2 from T3N. HA makes sense in T3 because of DL handling the 767 maintenance but if AA ever took that over I can see them just putting HA in T4 with their codeshare partners.

How many daily flights does SY have to PHX? Seasonal, right?

Osubuckeyes

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Quoting cageyjames (Reply 115):
How many daily flights does SY have to PHX? Seasonal, right?

They are 1x seasonal, but I believe it doesn't operate June-Aug, not 100% sure on that. IIRC, it is a quick turn not a RON.

wn676

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:49 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 116):
They are 1x seasonal, but I believe it doesn't operate June-Aug, not 100% sure on that. IIRC, it is a quick turn not a RON.

They operate a second flight on a weekly basis, on Thursdays if I remember correctly. Both turn back to MSP and do not RON.

cageyjames

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 117):

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 116):

They operate a second flight on a weekly basis, on Thursdays if I remember correctly. Both turn back to MSP and do not RON.

So really they can can put their 737 at any gate in any terminal. It's really HA that has issues with it's 767.

So options for HA moving out of T3S are:

1. Use Gate 24
2. Use the DL gate (can't recall the number)
3. Move to T4

It sounds like Gate 24 should be able to accommodate HA from above.

dlramp4life

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:17 am

The construction has been creating some havoc especially when it comes to parking overnight A/C. Example last night we had five airplanes lined up from Spot 4 all the way down the west hold bay. Also some resteraunts have been closed as well in T3 in the main concourse lobby area on level 2.

Quoting wn676 (Reply 106):
Those temporary T2 gates are also only sized for Group III aircraft.

Where are these gates going? Side note, UA express is using gate C now as well.

I heard that NK is getting moved to T2, which I would not be mad about.

Quoting cageyjames (Reply 115):
Moving F9 or NK might be more trouble than just finding a temp gate for HA and SY. I can't see an scenario they move anyone into T2 from T3N

It is going to happen... Unlike B6 who has a dedicated gate NK does not. The city paid for all the upgrades to Gates 24 and 25. And also with the new F9 business model, cheaper rent if they move to T2 possibly which frees up a gate (which is 767 capable) for DL or HA. But then again I heard NK was moving to T2 along with SY. But that is just pure speculation.

Quoting cageyjames (Reply 118):
So really they can can put their 737 at any gate in any terminal. It's really HA that has issues with it's 767.

So options for HA moving out of T3S are:

1. Use Gate 24
2. Use the DL gate (can't recall the number)
3. Move to T4

It sounds like Gate 24 should be able to accommodate HA from above.

Thats why HA will stay on T3.

1. They will use Gate 24, they had to use it for about three weeks last year because their jetway broke. The gate is a common gate which now is used by F9, NK, sometimes B6, and sometimes DL when parking RONs which will get towed off.

2. Not going to happen. DL is short gates and we are not giving up a gate for a plane that we are not handling ramp side. That just creates more havoc for us towing airplanes because per HA, the aircraft needs to be at a gate all night. Could work if F9 moved and HA had their own dedicated gate, Also if DL did the ground handling then they would consider using their own gate.

3. I do not see this happening.

hz747300

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:48 am

Any chance they will replaceT2 with a warehouse type structure and make it an ULCC terminal for F9 and NK and any new ULCC startups? PHX is one spot where contact gates are not really required year round.
Keep on truckin'...

Sevensixtyseven

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:22 am

They demolished the walkway from T3 to the Airport Ops office last month. I found that area being perfect for spotting DL's jets pushing back for taxi.
I call the dusty desert my home. :)

atcsundevil

Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:25 am

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 120):
Any chance they will replaceT2 with a warehouse type structure and make it an ULCC terminal for F9 and NK and any new ULCC startups? PHX is one spot where contact gates are not really required year round.

In my opinion, something like that is highly doubtful -- it just doesn't fit with the vision the city has for the airport. First, I don't think it would be necessary given the future facility capacities, not to mention a hypothetical LCC/ULCC might be more interested in IWA than PHX given G4's success and Mesa's desire to retain additional tenants through grants and incentives to construct their new permanent terminal complex (incentives PHX can't/won't compete with). Second, it wouldn't connect with the SkyTrain (and if it did it would blow the budget out of the water), which doesn't fit with the future goals the city intends for the airport, which is increased connectivity and ease of access. Third, and most importantly, such a structure would be a giant toaster oven in the summer.

Once the T3 renovation is complete and T2 is closed, I think there's a good chance that the terminals will be renamed. If and when a new terminal is built, the plan calls for an approx. 30 gate terminal where the current east and west cargo is located (just west of T2). It's highly unlikely that it would be built any earlier than 2025-2030, although my understanding is that Phase II of the SkyTrain project has the possibility of this future terminal built into its design to accommodate a new station.

cageyjames

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:41 pm

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 120):

Is there any need? I don't see either straining to find gates as it is.

alasizon

Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:07 pm

In the morning, it is open up there. But for IROPS, it would be very difficult to get it in there in the afternoon. Once BA is in PHX, usually 26 and 28 are the only ones with open time and at that, it is only suitable for a quick narrowbody turn.

Who handles HA on the ground?

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 112):

It was blocked out on GateView yesterday at B23 and 21 again but that never came.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

treebeard787

Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:42 pm

Quoting Alasizon (Reply 124):

I believe Serviceair handle them.
Allons-y!

hz747300

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:39 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 122):
Once the T3 renovation is complete and T2 is closed, I think there's a good chance that the terminals will be renamed. If and when a new terminal is built, the plan calls for an approx. 30 gate terminal where the current east and west cargo is located (just west of T2). It's highly unlikely that it would be built any earlier than 2025-2030, although my understanding is that Phase II of the SkyTrain project has the possibility of this future terminal built into its design to accommodate a new station.

Makes sense, once the Skytrain reaches the Car Rental facility, oh man, this is the cat's pajamas.

Interesting that a 30 gate terminal is in the long-term plan, 2025-2030 seems quite ambitious, especially with a dubious future on the US/AA operation.

Quoting cageyjames (Reply 123):
Is there any need? I don't see either straining to find gates as it is.

At the current level, neither one can really expand their operation especially if T3S goes into construction mode. I think it can be done nice, a warehouse type structure with a 3 sides glass walls for nice apron views, and some Arizona favorites like Circle-K and Filiberto's, post security. With low wages in Arizona, you could probably get the passenger charge down to $0.25 pp.
Keep on truckin'...

atcsundevil

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:12 am

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 126):
Interesting that a 30 gate terminal is in the long-term plan, 2025-2030 seems quite ambitious, especially with a dubious future on the US/AA operation.

That is in the plan, but like I said, it will be 2025-2030 at the earliest, meaning they wouldn't even begin construction until at least that time and it would be a 3-4 year build. More than likely it'll be after 2030, but it's difficult to have an idea of traffic numbers 15-20 years in the future given all of the dynamics in play. The build-out of the last T4D pier will definitely happen first, so this theoretical new terminal might not even reach planning stages for another two decades.

wn676

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:09 pm

Quoting dlramp4life (Reply 119):
Where are these gates going? Side note, UA express is using gate C now as well.

Gates 1 and 2, right past the checkpoint. They're being striped for 320/737-family aircraft.

Quoting Alasizon (Reply 124):

Swissport, formerly Servisair.

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 122):
Once the T3 renovation is complete and T2 is closed, I think there's a good chance that the terminals will be renamed.

T3N will become "F" gates and the new south concourse will be "E" gates. Not sure regarding the actual terminal designators but I found that interesting.

[Edited 2015-03-05 07:12:00]

Osubuckeyes

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Saw something weird yesterday, coming N on the 101 around broadway, I saw a WN 737 on final for the 25s, but briefly before that came into view there was a US 321 (I think) departing and turning North quicker than usual departing E from what looked like the 8s. How often does this happen? I don't think I have ever seen this. Obviously could have been an airfield flip, but I don't ever recall it resulting in anything like that.

Quoting wn676 (Reply 128):
Gates 1 and 2, right past the checkpoint. They're being striped for 320/737-family aircraft.

Gate 1 used to be AB up until the CO/UA merger correct. IIRC, gate 2 hasn't been used or had a jetway since shortly after the TWA days.

Not sure regarding the actual terminal designators but I found that interesting.

I would hope they go with letters or East or West. I could see some confusion going on if it reverted to 1 & 2, which is the same reason we are stuck with 2, 3, 4.

wn676

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 129):
Saw something weird yesterday, coming N on the 101 around broadway, I saw a WN 737 on final for the 25s, but briefly before that came into view there was a US 321 (I think) departing and turning North quicker than usual departing E from what looked like the 8s. How often does this happen? I don't think I have ever seen this. Obviously could have been an airfield flip, but I don't ever recall it resulting in anything like that.

Probably just turning the boat, but I have seen them run opposite-direction approaches for medical inbounds.

wn676

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Gate 1 used to be AB up until the CO/UA merger correct. IIRC, gate 2 hasn't been used or had a jetway since shortly after the TWA days.

Gate 2 was used temporarily a few years ago for a PCC panel replacement job. You can still see the oblit lines where they striped the gate; it required a tow-in as the final aircraft position actually had it tail north. I want to say they stopped using gate 1 around 2009 or 2010 so yes about the time of the merger.

atcsundevil

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:49 pm

T3N will become "F" gates and the new south concourse will be "E" gates. Not sure regarding the actual terminal designators but I found that interesting.

That actually makes sense. I know they were adverse to renaming them with numbered terminals because it would cause confusion (although telling people to meet you at Terminal 1 is a pretty funny way to screw with someone). Doing away with T3 and T4 and going with Concourse ABCDEF makes much more sense.

Quoting wn676 (Reply 130):
Probably just turning the boat, but I have seen them run opposite-direction approaches for medical inbounds.

That's possible, but it's also possible that it was during a flow change, which happens at least twice every 24 hours. Aircraft coming in as "Lifeguard" can and do occasionally land opposite flow for expediency, but that's somewhat unusual.

wn676

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 132):

That's possible, but it's also possible that it was during a flow change, which happens at least twice every 24 hours. Aircraft coming in as "Lifeguard" can and do occasionally land opposite flow for expediency, but that's somewhat unusual.

It's defnitely rare. The last one I remember was about 5 years ago when a Mesa CR9 landed on 8 during west flow. They were absolutely hauling ass off the high-speed and went straight into B9. Can't remember the nature of the medical onboard but that was probably one of most urgent/expedient situations I happened to witness.

Probably even more surprising than how they arrived was the fact that Mesa (ground handling at the time) actually had a team in place to marshal it in.   

cageyjames

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:16 pm

I would hope they go with letters or East or West. I could see some confusion going on if it reverted to 1 & 2, which is the same reason we are stuck with 2, 3, 4.

Could be just Concourse A, B, C, D, E, F and no "terminal". So AA is at A & B, WN is at C & D, DL is at E and UA is at F (etc).

Sort of like MIA or MSP. I know there are "terminals" but we always refer to the concourses.

dlramp4life

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:33 pm

Very interesting indeed. PHX is one of the few major airports that has just only number gates... The only other airport I can think of is SAN. If the terminal does get renamed it will probably be Desert themed like "roadrunner" or "haboob"

Isn't gate 1 capable of having two different jetways on it?

atcsundevil

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 133):
Probably even more surprising than how they arrived was the fact that Mesa (ground handling at the time) actually had a team in place to marshal it in.

Osubuckeyes

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Quoting dlramp4life (Reply 135):
Isn't gate 1 capable of having two different jetways on it?

Correct, UA used to use both 1A & B, around the merger they took off one of the jetways, then after a while longer they took off the other.

wn676

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:37 am

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 136):

It's an embarrassing reality that it even has to be mentioned.

Maybe they'll rename T3 to honor some influential politician to go along with T4. Although knowing this place it'd probably end up with Evan Mecham's name on it.

[Edited 2015-03-05 16:38:11]

alasizon

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:50 am

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 136):

We probably wouldn't have one today if the same thing happened.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

chrisair

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:15 am

Quoting wn676 (Reply 133):
Can't remember the nature of the medical onboard but that was probably one of most urgent/expedient situations I happened to witness.

That happened to an AS flight I was on in January. We landed in LAS and hauled ass to our gate--we were moving so fast, WN would look like they were standing still.

If the terminal does get renamed it will probably be Desert themed like "roadrunner" or "haboob"

Can you imagine the uproar if the terminal was named after a "scary Arabic name?" There's practically a mutiny every time the news says Haboob.

Quoting wn676 (Reply 138):
Although knowing this place it'd probably end up with Evan Mecham's name on it.

I think Fife Symington Terminal 3 would sound better. You could even hang up five spherical lights in a V shape!

INFINITI329

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:04 am

Very interesting indeed. PHX is one of the few major airports that has just only number gates... The only other airport I can think of is SAN. If the terminal does get renamed it will probably be Desert themed like "roadrunner" or "haboob

T-4 has letter and combinations A & B of the AA/US side and C & D on the WN side

Sevensixtyseven

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Then we'll get something like "Janice Brewer Terminal 3". Not sure how that'll go over..

Maybe something like "Fiesta Terminal" and "Sonoran Terminal"? Something that's Southwest US themed..
I call the dusty desert my home. :)

wn676

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Quoting chrisair (Reply 140):

Although knowing this place it'd probably end up with Evan Mecham's name on it.

I think Fife Symington Terminal 3 would sound better. You could even hang up five spherical lights in a V shape!

They could sell souvenir press-conference alien costumes at the Hudson News too. I think you're on to something here!

PHX Flyer

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Has the remodeling of the international concourse begun yet? The funds for this project were approved over a year ago, and construction was supposed to begin in December 2014.
"Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes forever skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." -Leonardo Da Vinci

hz747300

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:12 am

Got a tweet this morning that T3 construction began today but the press release linked to the tweet won't load.
Keep on truckin'...

PHX Flyer

Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:49 am

Yes, construction on the T3 expansion project has begun. Here is a functioning link.

In addition, there were also plans to revamp the international concourse in T4, with the goal to increase the flow of arriving passengers by 30%. Funds were approved by the Phoenix City Council in December 2013, but since then I haven't heard any updates about it.

wn676

Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:03 am

Quoting PHX Flyer (Reply 146):

Firms were selected last April for the N4 remodel and the project has been in the design phase since then. Supposed to go to construction next month.

hz747300

Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:59 am

Quoting PHX Flyer (Reply 146):
Yes, construction on the T3 expansion project has begun. Here is a functioning link.

Thanks, that answers all the relocation questions. The renderings look great--should it follow, will be a great space. Maybe Plaza Premium can add a lounge to the south side.
Keep on truckin'...

PHX Flyer

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:28 am

@ wn676: Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it's moving forward.

[Edited 2015-03-07 21:30:32]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos