vfw614
Topic Author

Further UK Airports Likely To Close?

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:48 am

Plymouth - gone
Penzance - gone
Manston - gone
Blackpool - gone (sort of)

Do you think that after those airport closures of the past few years, any more UK airports with commercial service are under the threat of closure in the near or mid-term future? The only ones I can think of are Durham Tees-Valley and Dundee, although I think that, if at all, both are more likely to "only" lose regular passenger flights.

gkirk

RE: Further UK Airports Likely To Close?

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:58 am

Prestwick is looking very dodgy at the moment as well.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

vfw614
Topic Author

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:03 am

Hmmm, indeed, forgot about that one.

TheSonntag

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:04 am

LHR   

Seriously though, how safe is Luton compared to the other airports of London around?

scouseflyer

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:07 am

Not really a passenger airport but still a lost runway but Filton can be added to that list.

The trouble with the UK is that we like to travel but we don't like airports so we let small airports die and the Nimby crowd screams like mad at any prospect of expansion of any of the remaining large airports.

I think that I'm right that the last truly new runway built in the UK was R2 at Manchester in the late 80s......

mwhcvt

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:08 am

Quoting TheSonntag (Reply 3):

Fairly safe I'd say considering your U2 BY and ZB all with their main base/HQ at LTN and is also a very busy BizJet airport too

Will as add I really see my local airport being closed within 5 years that being CVT it has no scheduled passenger service, no permanent passenger facilities, and it's not really got the space needed to become the cargo hub that it should have been with....with all the parcel force air cargo travelling up the M69/M1 to EMA right now all its doing is services GA, some small Biz service and also West Air still have resonable ops but that could change

[Edited 2015-01-20 01:14:59]
Must think up a new one soon, slow moving brain trying to get into gear ;)

gkirk

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:16 am

Another one is Doncaster
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

vfw614
Topic Author

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:25 am

I thought about DSA as well, but think it should be reasonably save as an airport for charter and LCC flights - given the impossibility to expand LBA and the decline of traffic at HUY. Although of course DSA never lived up to the expectations, particularly at the scheduled front. Does DSA have any other business other than Wizz and Thomson passenger flights - e.g. freight, MRO, biz, GA?

GIANCAVIA

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:37 am

Seriously though, how safe is Luton compared to the other airports of London around?

Not sure if it is a serious or not? Home base of Easyjet/Monarch/Thomson, Growth in passengers every year. Major expansion under way, Hundreds of millions of investment, New executive jet hangars and fbo being built and have been built. New stands, taxiways & terminal expansion etc etc. Just landed a new route to USA. Biggest reason Luton council ever has any money to spend. Yeah I would say LTN is pretty safe lol.

Agree with Doncaster.

Clydenairways

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:41 am

I think FR's policy shift from secondary airports towards the principal gateways will have an impact right across Europe.
A lot of these airports have evolved to serve FR as the primary tennant and when they suddenly uproot and move, some of these secondary airports will struggle to survive.

StTim

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:45 am

I would add Teeside to the mix. Used this before Christmas and it was like a ghost town. Very few flights.

vfw614
Topic Author

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 am

Quoting clydenairways (Reply 9):
I think FR's policy shift from secondary airports towards the principal gateways will have an impact right across Europe.
A lot of these airports have evolved to serve FR as the primary tennant and when they suddenly uproot and move, some of these secondary airports will struggle to survive.

But there are not too many smaller UK airports that more or less completely rely on FR - compared to the situation on the continent. The only ones I can think of are PIK and LDY. The same would be true for DSA if Thomson ever pulls out and the only remaining carrier would be Wizzair.

Armodeen

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:55 am

DSA is in trouble from a pax perspective however with the building of a motorway spur and frieght terminal they are presenting themselves as an alternative to EMA for cargo to/from the north. They already see some cargo flights btw.

Also EZY use DSA for new pilot training.

There is also a Links air base operating J31s, however this is on very shaky ground.

Cipango

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:56 am

I would say (in order of closing dates):
-Prestwick
-Doncaster
-Durham.

Just my 2 cents.

Would Prestwick tower remain open for overflying traffic?
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

vfw614
Topic Author

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:09 am

Are all of the smaller HIAL airports safe? E.g. the HAS operation out of Oban to Coll and Colonsay or Loganair destinations such as Tiree or Campeltown? There is only so much money a government can sink into PSOs....

bennett123

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:13 am

Doubt that the SNP will let PIK close any time soon.

gilesdavies

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:25 am

Haha! That made me chuckle!

It might be the Cinderella of the London airports, but growth was up over 8% last year and about 10.5 million passengers flew through the airport... Making it the 5th or 6th busiest airport in the UK. AENA the airports new Spanish owners are just about to start a £100 million improvement and expansion of the facility to boost numbers to 18 million.

easyJet makes up about third of all the traffic and is on a growth spout this summer by basing a three additional aircraft. This will take the base up to about 18 aircraft.

Wizzair also fly about three million passengers through Luton without basing any aircraft at the airport, at between around 7.30am and 8.15am they can have around fifteen aircraft on the ground all arriving and departing from central and eastern Europe. Then they have other flights arriving throughout the day.

Monarch base 5 A320/321 at the airport flying to destinations throughout, Thomson 3 aircraft 737/757 and Ryanair have a base of 4 aircraft and few other routes operating their other bases into Luton.

You then have carriers like El-Al, TAROM, Blue Air, AtlasJet, SunExpress and Iberia Regional operating schedule services to the airport.

easyJet, Thomson and Monarch all have their Head Offices at the airport and a significant maintenance bases with hangars too. Then there are other companies like Harrods Aviation and Signature that have significant FBO facilities at the airport, for the huge biz-jet presence... Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Luton is the busiest business jet base in Euriope.

I'll let you decide if it is in-danger of closing.

Cipango

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:38 am

What about SEN?

LTN is definitely a lot safer than SEN.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

TheSonntag

Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:50 am

Quoting gilesdavies (Reply 16):

It might be the Cinderella of the London airports, but growth was up over 8% last year and about 10.5 million passengers flew through the airport...

Ok that is more than CGN, I confess  

Bongodog1964

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:01 am

Quoting gkirk (Reply 1):

Prestwick is looking very dodgy at the moment as well.

Prestwick may be doing badly, but its a pet project of the SNP Government. They will find a way of keeping it just about alive.

There is insufficient capacity in the South East to cater for anywhere near the 10.5m passengers LTN presently handles. LHR has no spare capacity and LGW very little. STN could probably take about half and the rest would end up spread around SEN CBG Southampton Birmingham and who knows where. I doubt passengers would be happy.

StTim

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:03 am

As someone who flies through LTN twice a week on average I can confirm it is very unlikely to close. The terminal is bursting at the seams and the investment is seriously needed to improve the passenger experience and the airport ops side as well.

First target for Ops must be taxiways that extend top the end of the runway so that larger planes do not need to back track down the runway.

vfw614
Topic Author

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:09 am

I will throw in another one for discussion: LDY

GCT64

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:14 am

That one made me laugh, but has been addressed in the replies above so I won't add any more than saying everyone is trying to work out how to get additional runway capacity in / around London (e.g. the inevitably unpopular proposal to use Northolt for commercial ops) not reduce it!

My list for those most at risk:

PIK - certainly running unprofitably and not required to meet any national air transport need - however I also tend to believe that the SNP will find a way to keep it open at least past any impending elections.
MME - a strong candidate for closure and again isn't needed to meet any national air transport requirement.

Don't know enough about DSA to comment but it doesn't have many movements.
Flown in: A20N,A21N,A30B,A306,A310,A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A346,A359,A388,BA11,BU31,(..56 more types..),VC10,WESX

TC957

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:15 am

Is CVT still in operation or has that closed for good too now ?

GCT64

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:20 am

Quoting TC957 (Reply 23):
Is CVT still in operation or has that closed for good too now ?

It's open and still regularly sees aircraft as big as 737s (e.g. 737Fs of West Atlantic). The Greek GainJet 757 was there before Christmas.
Flown in: A20N,A21N,A30B,A306,A310,A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A346,A359,A388,BA11,BU31,(..56 more types..),VC10,WESX

PlymSpotter

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:21 am

Much depends on how the Airports Commission identifies future capacity provision and the use of existing runway capacity. There is a plan to ring-fence capacity of any new runway in the South East as a planning condition, for 10 'new' UK regional airports to receive a 3 x daily service. If agreed, that would change the prospects of airports which have seen their services pushed out of LHR, LGW and lately LCY.

Quoting vfw614 (Thread starter):
Plymouth - gone

Fortunately not, and very recently green-lighted for reopening in the future by the city council. It has never really been closed properly, all fixed infrastructure is maintained to this day in working order - airfield lighting, the ILS, ATC equipment etc... all tested on a daily basis.

Dan  
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

TC957

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:39 am

Quoting GCT64 (Reply 24):
The Greek GainJet 757 was there before Christmas.

Thanks - that bird certainly gets about - I last saw it in NRT coming in from ANC - the flight was even shown on the FIDS in the terminal.

Bongodog1964

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:50 am

Much of the problem with UK airports can be directly traced back to World War 2. The requirements of both the RAF and USAAF saw an airfield building programme that will never be repeated, at one point it was better than one per week. Each with a 6000 foot x 150 foot main runway, two secondary runways of 4000 - 4500 x 150 feet and a 50 foot perimeter track encircling the whole site. On the war builds the accommodation was very basic but it still typically included three hangars of around 250 x 100 feet. Some of the manufacturing and maintenance bases were much larger.
After the War there was then a further programme that saw airfields being prepared for the V bombers, lots more concrete and longer runways.

As these were released by the RAF lots of people saw an opportunity, indeed too many did and we ended up with civilian airports that were never viable either due to being too close to others or way too far away from where people lived.

Some of the examples mentioned above:
Prestwick - superseded by Glasgow which is far closer to the City, Glasgow became available when the Royal Navy didn't need it any longer.
Manston - Former RAF base on the coast with an insufficient local population
Plymouth and Penzance - both with smallish populations and alternatives not far away.
Blackpool - former aircraft manufacturing site, too close to Manchester
Doncaster - former RAF Finningley, too close to Leeds Bradford (former RAF Yeadon) which has a far larger local population.

Due to the relatively small size of the UK and particularly England, airports that don't have a local population of at least 500,000 will always struggle due to the short distance to the next one.

jumpjet

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:52 am

How is CWL managing to survive with traffic and passenger numbers growing as they are just over the Bristol Channel at BRS? It used to be so busy at one time, how is it now?

GIANCAVIA

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Quoting gilesdavies (Reply 16):
easyJet, Thomson and Monarch all have their Head Offices at the airport and a significant maintenance bases with hangars too. Then there are other companies like Harrods Aviation and Signature that have significant FBO facilities at the airport, for the huge biz-jet presence... Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Luton is the busiest business jet base in Euriope.

Not to mention the Gulfstream hangar and one of their most important mx facilities outside of the USA, I am pretty sure it is their European base but not 100%.

Ok pulled from the Gulfstream official site itself.

"The Luton, England, Service Center serves as Gulfstream’s European maintenance hub.

The facility features a hangar, offices and warehouse and is staffed by more than 185 employees. The 75,000-square-feet/6,968-square-meter hangar can accommodate 10 to 12 aircraft supported by a 10,000-square-feet/929-square-meter warehouse stocked with US$40 million in parts. The office space includes six customer meeting rooms and a lounge. Gulfstream Luton is located at London Luton Airport (EGGW)."

lightsaber

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 25):
If agreed, that would change the prospects of airports which have seen their services pushed out of LHR, LGW and lately LCY.

Traffic can be pushed out of the four London airports, but it doesn't necessarily have a viable chance at a small airport. What is FR's minimum number of flights per day for a new station? It takes good transportation to a large population base to give an airport a chance.

If LHR isn't grown, London will be bypassed and that means jobs moving elsewhere. Besides, at a minimum we'll see LGW with a 2nd runway (operational) within the decade.

Lightsaber
8 months without TV. The best decision of my life.

mwhcvt

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Quoting jumpjet (Reply 28):

Suspect that BA Engineering covers the costs of keeping CWL open
Must think up a new one soon, slow moving brain trying to get into gear ;)

offloaded

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:38 pm

How is CWL managing to survive with traffic and passenger numbers growing as they are just over the Bristol Channel at BRS? It used to be so busy at one time, how is it now?

It's now owned by the Welsh Govt, so I highly doubt they would let it close, even though Cardiff Airport's passenger expectations 'massively unrealistic' says former boss Keith Brooks
To no one will we sell, or deny, or delay, right or justice - Magna Carta, 1215

Bongodog1964

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:40 pm

CWL will survive if only as the BA widebody overhaul facility with a runway attached.

sxb

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:50 pm

What about HUY if KLM were to pull out?
SXB

Richards2K14

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Quoting offloaded (Reply 32):

It's now owned by the Welsh Govt, so I highly doubt they would let it close, even though Cardiff Airport's passenger expectations 'massively unrealistic' says former boss Keith Brooks

And what a waste of money that was! I'm unsure if it's still called Cardiff "Wales Airport"? But how can this be a local airport for Mid & North Wales?! There is no benifit to people living north of the South Wales valleys surely?!

StTim

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:33 pm

Quoting lightsaber (Reply 30):
Besides, at a minimum we'll see LGW with a 2nd runway (operational) within the decade

Gatwick faces a lot of the same problems LHR does in getting approval to build another runway. Unfortunately it is politically difficult to build them these days.

yenne09

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:05 pm

The problem with UK is that the country has more airports per square mile than any other country. Since WW II, I think only London City, Lydd, Plymouth and Sheffield City has been built as brand new civil airports. Plymouth and Sheffield City are gone even if thre was a project for Plymouth (too close to Newquay?). London Cty and Lydd (London-Ashford) has expansion plans. Even Heathrow has been built during WW II as a military airport (even if it was as a civil airport for the politicians) just to avoid public inquiry. So the actual situation is UK has to many airports but almost none of them has been planned has civil airport since WW II.

readytotaxi

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:05 pm

No one has raise SOU, so I guess they are healthy enough.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

GCT64

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:15 pm

Quoting yenne09 (Reply 37):
The problem with UK is that the country has more airports per square mile than any other country.

As an aircraft enthusiast - isn't everyone on here? - I don't see that as a "problem" but as a great situation that we should do our best to maintain!

Sadly we continue to lose airfields, e.g. Panshangar at the end of last year, as developers try to get their greasy mits on them to build houses.

GIANCAVIA

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Quoting GCT64 (Reply 39):
As an aircraft enthusiast - isn't everyone on here? - I don't see that as a "problem" but as a great situation that we should do our best to maintain!

I suppose it might P off those number collectors that have to stop at various fields instead of being able to sit at one. Not my thing but each to their own.

PlymSpotter

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Since WW II, I think only London City, Lydd, Plymouth and Sheffield City has been built as brand new civil airports.

Plymouth opened in 1925. It was the Brymon team at Plymouth who then lead the LCY STOLport project, which in turn inspired Sheffield City.

Plymouth and Sheffield City are gone even if thre was a project for Plymouth (too close to Newquay?).

As mentioned in a previous post, Plymouth very recently got the green flag from Plymouth Council to be retained as an airport, the intention being to reopen, at least for GA, as soon as possible. As a resident of said city, I can say there is nothing too close - when it comes to air access Plymouth is the most isolated major city in Europe.

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 27):
Due to the relatively small size of the UK and particularly England, airports that don't have a local population of at least 500,000 will always struggle due to the short distance to the next one.

It depends entirely on their operational model - the immediate catchment area figures you see banded about are actually quite meaningless on their own. Airports don't have to have scheduled passenger/cargo services to make them economically viable - as in the case of Blackpool, it can have even have a detrimental affect on a profitable core activity.

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 27):
Plymouth and Penzance - both with smallish populations and alternatives not far away.

Neither are former RAF bases. Penzance was a Heliport offering services to the Isles of Scilly - local population here is irrelevant.

Dan  
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

bennett123

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:50 pm

sxb

http://uk.ask.com/wiki/Humberside_Airport?lang=en

Based on CAA figures they had 234,000 passengers in 2012.

Without KLM, deduct 113,000 leaving 121,000.

That includes 34,000 to Aberdeen, and 50,000 to the Oilfields, the rest is seasonal.

Given the current oil price, there is little prospect of big increases in these routes.

IMO, without KLM it is game over.

oly720man

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:03 pm

An unmentioned closed (and shortlived) airport was Sheffield.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_City_Airport

Another one that may be hanging on is Carlisle that has advertised an Aer Lingus connection to DUB, but has little other activity beyond sightseeing and helicopter flights.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/de.../Carlisle-Gateway-to-New-York.html
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

BA0197

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Quoting readytotaxi (Reply 38):
No one has raise SOU, so I guess they are healthy enough.

SOU has the unique advantage of the wealth of the South and Hampshire. For people that live here, Southampton is one of the many airport choices that we can use (including LHR and LGW).

BA0197

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:36 pm

I have one future prediction- the day Heathrow Hub opens (I think it is a brilliant idea and see it eventually getting the go ahead under a brave government), will be the day that aviation in the South of England will fail to gain any momentum. This, as a result of Heathrow being connected to the National rail network for so many- airports will become more London-centric as well (a good thing IMHO) and consumers will flock to London for the cheaper pricing (including LHR) and more frequent/ wide ranging service. The days of regional aviation are numbered.

factsonly

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:38 pm

Here are the 2014 performance data for UK airports:

- ABERDEEN - Flights 106.211 +6.3 and pax. 3.725.387 +8.3
- BELFAST CITY (GEORGE BEST) flights 36.056 -2.2 and pax. 2.555.111 +0.5
- BELFAST INTERNATIONAL mov. 34.801 -4.9 and pax. 4.031.700 +0.2
- BIRMINGHAM 89.057 +5 and pax. 9.698.349 +6.4
- BLACKPOOL mov. 8231 -19.9 and pax. 223.998 -14.7
- BOURNEMOUTH mov. 6.713 -1.6 and pax. 660.636 +0.2
- BRISTOLmov. 52.579 -2.6 and pax. 6.333.532 +3.4
- CAMBRIDGE mov. 1.480 and pax. 20.692 +123.7
- CARDIFF WALES mov. 14.230 +1.5 and pax. 1.019.545 -3.6
- CITY OF DERRY (EGLINTON) mov. 2.537 -15.7 and pax. 350.257 -9
- COVENTRY mov. 539 -10.8 and pax. 0
- DUNDEE mov. 1.204 -11.3 and pax. 22.069 -19.9
- EAST MIDLANDS INTERNATIONAL mov. 57.351 +0.5 and pax. 4.506.457 +4.1
- EDINBURGH mov. 101.507 -2.2 and pax. 10.159.890 +3.9
- EXETER mov. 12.490 -0.2 and pax. 766.583 +3.9
- GATWICK mov. 254.543 +4.2 and pax. 38.094.885 +7.5
- GLASGOW mov. 74.070 +2.2 and pax. 7.709.386 +4.8
- GUERNSEY mov. 25.769 -21.9 and pax. 860.223 +0.4
- HEATHROW mov. 470.719 +0.2 and pax. 73.371.195 +1.4
- HUMBERSIDE mov. 11.971 +2.6 and pax. 237.331 +1.1
- ISLE OF MAN mov. 17.333 -14.9 and pax. 728.591 -1.3
- JERSEY mov. 28.498 -16.9 and pax. 1.474.682 +3.2
- LIVERPOOL (JOHN LENNON) mov 29.785 -9.6 and pax. 3.984.024 -4.8
- LONDON CITY mov. 70.135 +3 and pax. 3.647.824 +7.9
- LUTON mov. 75.695 +6.8 and pax. 10.481.618 +8.1
- LYDD mov. 108 -15 and pax. 1.194 +78.2
- MANCHESTER mov. 162.928 +1.2 and pax. 21.951.758 +6.1
- NEWCASTLE mov. 42.877 -0.2 and pax. 4.513.045 +2.2
- NEWQUAY mov. 5.938 +19.6 and pax. 219.167 +25.5
- PRESTWICK mov. 6.616 -23.1 and pax. 912.400 -20.3
- SCATSTA mov. 12.381 -6 and pax. 279.799 -6.2
- SHOREHAM mov. 382 -42.5 and pax. 452 -38.3
- SOUTHAMPTON mov. 35714 -0.9 and pax. 1.829.685 +6.2
- SOUTHEND mov. 11.545 +21.8 and pax. 1.102.544 +13.7
- STANSTED mov. 143.142 +8.5 and pax. 19.935.161 +11.7

- TOTAL AIRPORTS mov. 2.005.135 +0.8 and pax. 235.409.170 +4.5

source: CAA

bennett123

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:48 pm

IMO Dundee COULD be at risk.

Does Gleneagles generate enough demand to keep it in business?.

vv701

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:25 pm

Quoting GCT64 (Reply 39):

The problem is that the plethora of airports the easy way out has been to upgrade old World War II and even old World War I airfields into commercial airports rather than to build a new purpose airport or even runway.

There has been an explosion in air travel over the last 60 years. How have we catered for this explosion in the southeast? We have laid just two new metalled runways. One replaced Gatwick's former grass. It was opened in July 1958. The other is the rather short, niche London City runway. It opened for business in October 1987. So LON has six airports but just seven active runways.

ndhair37

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Quoting vfw614 (Reply 7):

I think Doncaster is safe to stay alive. Wizz Air seems to be getting bigger and have a vast presence there; and charter / leisure flights are enjoying using it.

Quoting gkirk (Reply 1):

I'm not too sure how it's going to keep up; especially as Ryanair have moved a lot to nearby Glasgow Intl. I dare say Prestwick will be closed; although the nature of the runway length and cargo is too great a reason to keep it severely subsidised and open.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos