Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LFutia
Topic Author

Air India Flight Returns To Delhi

Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:55 am

Per the TOI, an AI flight to BHX returned to DEL after realising that one of the passengers didnt make the flight and the bag was onboard still. Must be a slow news night but whats even more shocking is that the flight had 139 passengers.. I can see why Air India is loss making.

When are the Indian taxpayers going stand up and realise enough is enough and its time to let the airline fail and get off government assistance?

More details here: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOI

Leo/ORD
Leo/ORD

9w748capt

RE: Air India Flight Returns To Delhi

Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:47 am

Not sure why this is thread-worthy. Could be in the Indian Av thread. Not surprising though, given AI's general incompetence. Must be a first time flyer, thinking AI (and the rest of the world) operates on IST...

cha747

RE: Air India Flight Returns To Delhi

Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:29 am

LFutia - Remember AI 182, Emperor Kanishka? Air India still has not forgotten. If they were past point of no return then it would make no sense to return/divert but ever since 1985, people and their bags fly together on AI, period, end of story!

Also, FYI, (not that I've EVER been a defender of AI despite all of Sean Mendis' attempts to have me believe AI and GOI were a class act) AI has officially turned a profit:

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corporat...-after-long-spell-of-losses-726178

Fair use excerpt:
"New Delhi: After a long spell of losses, national carrier Air India recorded a net profit of Rs 14.6 crore in December last, driven by a healthy growth in both passenger and cargo revenue."
Piedmontgirl was always right

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos