KarlB737
Topic Author

Proposed Chicago Air Service From YNG Denied

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:27 pm

YNG has been seeking air service to Chicago. A planned arrangement from Aerodynamics Inc., has been denied by the Feds because they believe that the provider is unfit for the task. They're actual words are that ADI lacks the "managerial competence necessary." More details regarding the objections by the Feds in the writeup below. If this plan doesn't ever reach the satisfaction by the government who in your opinion could realistically offer this service.

Courtesy: The Vindicator Via Aviation Pros

Feds Say Airline Not Fit To Provide Chicago Flights From Youngstown

"The U.S. Department of Transportation has tentatively denied the application of Aerodynamics Inc. to begin daily air service between the Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport and Chicago O'Hare International Airport based on the airline's lack of "fitness."

http://www.aviationpros.com/news/118...de-chicago-flights-from-youngstown

[Edited 2015-01-28 12:49:10]

KarlB737
Topic Author

RE: Proposed Chicago Air Service From YNG Denied

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Now having stated all this apparently the heart of the issue with ADI is the CEO who has been replaced and with this action is providing some renewed hope of the proposed air service.

Courtesy: Business Journal Daily

Management Change At ADI Encourages Port Authority

"ADI officials are “ they’re making some very substantial moves to change how they operate and who runs that organization,” remarked John Moliterno, interim executive director of the Western Reserve Port Authority, which operates Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport. The airport has been working with ADI to establish daily passenger service to Chicago O’Hare International Airport."

http://businessjournaldaily.com/comp...ncourages-port-authority-2015-1-28

[Edited 2015-01-28 12:52:00]

enilria

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:53 pm

I think there was already a thread on this.

KarlB737
Topic Author

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Quoting enilria (Reply 2):

There was a thread relating to United which I located here which appears to be an unrelated earlier effort for Chicago service:

https://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...3&searchid=6072493&s=YNG#ID6072493

flyinryan99

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Quoting enilria (Reply 2):

There was a thread that stated ADI was in jeopardy of losing its operating certificate which had a little blurb about the proposed YNG-ORD service.

JA

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:54 pm

The CEO has been replaced.

ATLFlyer323

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:02 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but let's say ADI got the funding approved, would they operate it independently? Or would they have some agreement with United and/or American so people could connect beyond ORD?

-ATLFlyer323
Everyday, the fluffy temptation of wheat!

YNGguins

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Quoting ATLFlyer323 (Reply 6):
Pardon my ignorance, but let's say ADI got the funding approved, would they operate it independently? Or would they have some agreement with United and/or American so people could connect beyond ORD?

-ATLFlyer323

If you read the DOT's tentative denial of ADI in their statement from late last week, the reason they were denied was solely on Scott Beale, who was replaced as CEO, President, and Chairman earlier this week. One would believe finances would play a factor as well, but nowhere is that mentioned in the DOT's initial decision.

Also, if you read ADI's filings with the DOT, they state interline agreements. I am just going off of what is on the DOT docket. I wish I knew more for you.
I am PROUD to live in the greatest country on earth: The United States of America!

FATFlyer

Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Aerodynamics has also been submitting EAS proposals for various cities around the country.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

Yflyer

Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Has ADI ever operated scheduled service before? I thought they were just a charter and corporate aviation service provider. Or would the YNG flights have been a scheduled charter type deal, like what Direct Air used to do?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos