From last months thread, TK105's post:
"Pegasus released its traffic results for 2014:

http://www.pegasusyatirimciiliskiler...df/PGSUS-2014-TRAFIK-SONUCLARI.pdf

In short:

20M pax (+17.3%)
80% loads
89 destinations (+17%)

Well done Pegasus... Keep up the performance."

-It is incredible that Pegasus now has a fleet of 50 x 737s and 5 x 320s and carrying more pax than airlines like TAP, Aer Lingus, Finnair, Transaero...
-Just a reminder, TK is getting another 3 x 332s and 3 E-190s from Borajet.
-TK also starts receiving its second batch of 739ERs this month, one frame a month for 5 months.
-Yes, I saw that thread about the 10 x 380's for TK. Just look at my callsign : "TK787"   and I have been a member over 9 years   Let's wait and see.

Please continue with your news, photos, rumors and good old sense of humor.
Welcome,
TK787

LAXintl

RE: Turkish Aviation February 2015

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:16 am

Happy February everyone.   

Since you started off with a Pegasus picture, this week PC also announced they are leasing 10-additional aircraft in 2015.
They plan on acquiring total of 5 B737-800 and 5 A320-200s on lease from Avolon (Ireland), BBAM (US), Jackson Square Aviation(US), and ORIX Aviation(Ireland).
As one can see from their 2014 results, things are going very well for them so they are seeking out additional capacity rapidly.

In other news, the IATA inhouse magazine featured and article about TK and interview with Temel Kotil. Below are some highlights

o Launching an internal - "love the passenger" focus
o Unlike other carriers looking to reduce spending in passenger service, TK works to expand percent of budget available to directly benefit its clients
o Details in food matter - As example TK insist on fresh orange juice - its more costly and harder to acquire, but fresh is healthier and taste better. TK no longer accepts frozen foods either.
o Easily see TK growing at double of the industry rate. 2002-2014 TK compound growth has averaged near 17%
o Financial focus is on the continued growth of productivity, which will help with target reduction of cost base by by 1% annually. TK advantage versus European competitors will continue to widen.
o Africa has been great success - particularly proud of TK being pioneer in markets like Mogadishu
o Overall network expansion will be symmetrical, want to keep growing East-West and North-South opportunities over IST
o Star Alliance is important as it provides TK added exposure bringing passengers and helps drive further improvements based on best practices, but its a "soft partnership" at the end TK still doings its own homework and seek out own opportunities
o With Turkey geographic position, TK has opportunity to make a big mark in the world of cargo also.
o Wholly owned subsidiaries like TK Technic, TGS, catering are so busy keeping up with TK growth at the moment, but one day they will become big players in 3rd party services on their own.
o Turkish government long ago realized the benefits of aviation. Market liberalization, open-skies, reduced ticket taxes, easier visa rules, and infrastructure investment has helped boost broader Turkish economy. Governments job should be to support industry to flourish, not hold it back as seen in places across Europe for example.
o Number of commercial airports in Turkey doubled from 26 in 2003 to 52 in 2014.
o With late forecast 2017 opening of new airport, TK seeks to relocate for the summer 2018 schedule. Can see 80-mil passenger activity at airport from start almost, so phase-2 will be needed by 2020-2022
o With limitations at IST, TK is investing in more staffing to make experience better, but only small incremental growth possible at IST until new airport opens. Meantime building SAW schedule. Could allocate WBs to SAW as well eventually.

=
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ankaraflyjet

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:18 am

I hope we can see some TK expansion at ESB to serve at least major hubs in Europe, LHR, CDG, ZRH and AMS just to mention a few...

northstar80

Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:11 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 1):
Wholly owned subsidiaries like TK Technic, TGS

Good article, small correction, TGS is not wholly owned, it is a JV with Havas

JU068

Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:11 am

Quoting TK787 (Thread starter):
-Just a reminder, TK is getting another 3 x 332s and 3 E-190s from Borajet.

Will the 3 E190s feature a TK livery or..? I didn't know they were getting Embraer jets.

777way

Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Quoting JU068 (Reply 4):

Anadolurjet livery http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=nav2&picid=9110

[Edited 2015-02-01 05:48:44]

TK105

Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:54 pm

Quoting TK787 (Thread starter):

Thanks TK787 and happy February to all.

I had another nice EK experience to DXB particularly due to excelent AVOD product called ICE. TK has a lot to learn from EK for AVOD. The flight was on a new 777 and even Y pax had very large 16:9 screens with another small screen on the remote control which can be used for airshow. Not only the technical level but especially the content of ICE is very well managed and there are over 1000+ channels with HD content. ICE also catches the new generation with monthly prepared DJ sets, complete UK lists since 1950s and radio discussion/social programs. A large selection of international movies from all over the world and possibilities to have different language options, either as subtitle or language synchronization is another benefit.

On the other hand, our flight had to circle for over 45min on the Gulf before landing due to traffic congestion. DXB has excelent weather conditions year long but it is also approaching its limits for traffic. As there is no more space for government to built a parallel runway, it may become another LHR in the coming years. This will be a challenge for EK's future growth.

As always been discussed here, India is very important for EK. Despite China's production powerhouse position in global economy, India is particularly becoming a services supplier powerhouse, making it important for airlines. In this regard, both TK and also Pegasus (with its future 320neos) must find a way to unleash limitations for Indian Market. Etihad can be a model for that. They can also buy partly an Indian Airline that is in financial distress (i.e. any one). At the end of the day, this investment will be one time only and the cost will be like buying an aircraft. Moreover this can also open new horizons in India Local Market.
The future is in the skies.

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Quoting TK105 (Reply 6):
TK has a lot to learn from EK for AVOD.

That is one end of the spectrum, on the other hand, yesterday I flew a United Domestic 777-200 with no video screens anywhere. Also a week ago on a United 757-300 with flip down screens on a 5 hour flight that everyone watches the same two movies. Earlier this month on an ANA international flight again with no personal screens and an the 767 looked like it just flew from a black hole from the 1980's.
TK is light years ahead of these major airlines, but I agree there is always more room for improvements.

CALMSP

Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 7):

That's why you use the PDE. I love that option on the majority of the UA fleet now.

bahadir

Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Pegasus will need to start long haul market asap to put a stop gap on TK invation in SAW. The Condor model is excellent and I am sure Asian side customers in Istanbul wouldn't mind flying out of SAW to places like JFK/EWR if the price is right. I am sure some lightly used 767s with some nice retrofit job would be perfect for the mission.
Earthbound misfit I

ASA

Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:49 pm

Greetings TK Aviation fans ... can't believe we passed one month in 2015 already!

While TK is showing incredible growth and performance ... and profit along with that,

Singapore Airlines Starts Premium Economy (by kaitak Feb 1 2015 in Civil Aviation)

I find it sad that TK got rid of the excellent Y+ product, while others are only starting!

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Quoting CALMSP (Reply 8):
That's why you use the PDE. I love that option on the majority of the UA fleet now.

I tried it, but the selection is limited it seems like I've seen almost everything on it. ( I flew over 30,000 miles with UA in January). I can only watch "Gravity" and "Fog of War" so many times and my iphone6 screen is pretty small, it gets tiring after a while.

Quoting bahadir (Reply 9):
Pegasus will need to start long haul market asap to put a stop gap on TK invation in SAW.

Good morning Baha. Continuing with the point above... instead of UA entertainment I am on AirTycoon3 most of the flight anyways  
-About Pegasus and LH... I know it is not in their business plan, but it is just a matter of time someone has to challenge TK in Istanbul on LongHaul. It has to be Pegasus and it could be a Low Costy option. Yes, why not 763/343/772/744 and taking advantage of the recent oil prices and the coming summer season.
-How about a piloting question to you?? On a recent flight on UA 757 to LAX (you know I am listening to the UA Pilot channel all the way), our landing gear came down around 6000 feet. Comments? Thanks.

mercure1

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Happy February colleagues.

o Launching an internal - "love the passenger" focus
o Unlike other carriers looking to reduce spending in passenger service, TK works to expand percent of budget available to directly benefit its clients
o Details in food matter - As example TK insist on fresh orange juice - its more costly and harder to acquire, but fresh is healthier and taste better. TK no longer accepts frozen foods either.

It it really refreshing to see and airline take focus on its clients. Not typical these days, and I agree little details like food do matter.

o Africa has been great success - particularly proud of TK being pioneer in markets like Mogadishu

I think TK was very clever going into Africa. Certainly has hurt people like Air France that long ago enjoyed standing in region.

o Star Alliance is important as it provides TK added exposure bringing passengers and helps drive further improvements based on best practices, but its a "soft partnership" at the end TK still doings its own homework and seek out own opportunities

Interesting. Maybe helps explain why Star does not seem like a very cohesive close alliance with members doing their own thing.

o Turkish government long ago realized the benefits of aviation. Market liberalization, open-skies, reduced ticket taxes, easier visa rules, and infrastructure investment has helped boost broader Turkish economy. Governments job should be to support industry to flourish, not hold it back as seen in places across Europe for example.

Yes its been big benefit that Turkish state has long been so forward looking and attentive to industry which benefits consumers and eventually entire economy. Maybe more nations should take a lesson here.

o With late forecast 2017 opening of new airport, TK seeks to relocate for the summer 2018 schedule. Can see 80-mil passenger activity at airport from start almost, so phase-2 will be needed by 2020-2022

I think this is first time we hear this. So for TK airport needs to be operational by March/April 2018.
mercure f-wtcc

LAXintl

Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Quoting Northstar80 (Reply 3):
Good article, small correction, TGS is not wholly owned, it is a JV with Havas

True and at one time Havas was founded by TK. Small circle.

Quoting TK105 (Reply 6):
In this regard, both TK and also Pegasus (with its future 320neos) must find a way to unleash limitations for Indian Market.

Its really up to the Indian side to expand the bilateral. TK has long wanted to add 3 additional markets, plus double up service at BOM & DEL, but its all held back due to the lack of authority.

Quoting bahadir (Reply 9):
Pegasus will need to start long haul market asap to put a stop gap on TK invation in SAW. The Condor model is excellent and I am sure Asian side customers in Istanbul wouldn't mind flying out of SAW to places like JFK/EWR if the price is right. I am sure some lightly used 767s with some nice retrofit job would be perfect for the mission.

You are right, but longhaul is very far from the PC model. As you know they have toyed with the idea and had a chance back in 2008-2010 to act, but now with the NEO order they have doubled down on short/medium haul focus. I know they want more routes to Middle East and CIS markets.

I also understand per Guliz Ozturk they are considering a second Istanbul hub themselves with the opening of the new airport, so much of their attention could be committed to building that up in a couple years, not taking a leap of a risky longhaul venture.

Quoting ASA (Reply 10):
I find it sad that TK got rid of the excellent Y+ product, while others are only starting!

Yes it was sad that CC did not work, but look at Cathay.
CX also just announced they are removing their Y+ product offering in several markets, and removing seats from part of their A330 fleet that operate medium/long routes.

Quite clearly there is still an industry learning curve, and the product does not always work.

bahadir

Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 11):
-How about a piloting question to you?? On a recent flight on UA 757 to LAX (you know I am listening to the UA Pilot channel all the way), our landing gear came down around 6000 feet. Comments? Thanks.

The gear comes down when the CA orders and the FO wakes up, puts it down and goes back to sleep :P

Seriously, I am not sure what you are making out of it. Our standard operating procedures say that we are supposed to put the gear down when we are a dot below glide slope intercept in a precision approach. The real world is a bit different. Sometime we wait till 5-6 miles final because ATC tells us to keep the speed up. Sometimes we put the gear down so that we can slow down and go down.

In EMB190 which is notorious for not being able to slow down and descend compared to her smaller sisters, we use the gear a lot to slow us down. I have seen us putting them down as far as 19 miles away,even before we apply flaps..

The criteria that we have to meet in real world is the criteria of stabilized approach. As long as we are there, no harm and faul..

Air Tycoon sucks .. (becuase I suck at it)  
Earthbound misfit I

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:44 am

Quoting bahadir (Reply 14):
The criteria that we have to meet in real world is the criteria of stabilized approach. As long as we are there, no harm and faul..

Thanks Baha, just a a.nut question as usual.

Air Tycoon sucks .. (becuase I suck at it)

I guess I have been lucky. I am still on my very first game (two months into it). Started a European scenario with 15 others. First hub in Istanbul in the modern times, with CRJs to secondary European cities. Eventually up to 120 or so jets and built hubs in Frankfurt and Helsinki, staying away from major cities (competition) and Cargo ops.
Good Luck!

TK105

Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:10 pm

As the last B739 batch is coming soon starting in February, I wonder if this batch is also fitted with extra fuel tanks? I remember, for the first batch fitting those extra tanks took very long time, If this new batch also has the same extra tanks, how can the delivery be so quick? Do you also know how much those extra fuel tanks contribute to extend the nominal range at MTOW (do they worth the effort)?

LAXintl

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:41 pm

The 739ER aux tanks provide about 3,000kgs added fuel capacity, about a 15% beyond the standard wing and center tanks.
With the added fuel capacity, range is boosted about 475NM a critical amount for many of the Africa missions.

Flightsimboy

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:16 am

I know I have asked this before, but is TK's Comfort Class going to be around till at least Sep 2015. The reason I ask is that I might have seniors flying to this part of the world, and Comfort Class would give them a little more comfort than a regular economy seat. Besides it makes the journey a lot better than those whooping 14+ hours to and from the Middle East. Istanbul is I believe between 9 to 10.5 hours to and from Toronto
LAX772LR - "Answer to goofy question:" in response to my question about the B737-MAX8 being grounded. 48 hours later all B737-MAX8 grounded worldwide. Go figure!!

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:47 am

Quoting flightsimboy (Reply 18):
is TK's Comfort Class going to be around till at least Sep 2015.

They will have it but no guarantees if they will have it on the Toronto route.
TK has only 12 of the 77Ws with Comfort class on them.
TK has 4-5 of the newer, non-Comfort, 49J/300Y 77Ws already in the fleet and will be getting another 5-6 of this type by September.

Turkish777X

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:43 am

I don't know if anybody posted this so far, but here are the delivery dates for the new batch of 77Ws in 2015:

TC-JJV B777-3F2(ER) 44119 February 2015
TC-JJY B777-3F2(ER) 44120 March 2015
TC-JJZ B777-3F2(ER) 44122 March 2015
TC-LJA B777-3F2(ER) 44121 April 2015
TC-LJB B777-3F2(ER) 44124 April 2015
TC-LJC B777-3F2(ER) 44123 September 2015
TC-LJD B777-3F2(ER) XXXX September 2015
TC-LJE B777-3F2(ER) XXXX December 2015

So 8 brand new 777Ws, while the first one should be in service around the end of Feb.

Additionally, from Feb to June a 739 will join the fleet on a monthly basis.

I am sure that CC will still be available in summer, since the first 777Ws were delivered in October 2010. It is impossible that TK will pull the C checks forward into the summer season. October would be a perfect time to refit the first 3 out of 12 CC featuring birds.

TK773ER

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Here is the next 77W for TK http://painefield.info/kpae10963.htm

JU068

Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:38 pm

I noticed that TK Cargo has been sending its A310 to BEG lately. What are the airline's plans for the A310? How much longer do they plan on using them? From what I noticed some of them feature that hybrid Saudi livery.

Turkish350XWB

Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Quoting Turkish777X (Reply 20):

Thanks. I am surprised it's 8 frames and not 7 as written in their presentations.
Do you also have access to the delivery schedule of the A333s?

MeCe

Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:19 pm

Quoting Turkish777X (Reply 20):

As for as remember all TK aircraft registers are Jxx,now all combinations used with 2 digits. I always wonder which letter will be used after register letter "J" finished. Now on L is on duty. The end of an era  

LAXintl

Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:32 pm

Quoting JU068 (Reply 22):

I noticed that TK Cargo has been sending its A310 to BEG lately. What are the airline's plans for the A310? How much longer do they plan on using them? From what I noticed some of them feature that hybrid Saudi livery.

You are seeing aircraft operated by ULS Cargo. They have frames in hybrid SV livery.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Szabo Gabor

JU068

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:49 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 25):
You are seeing aircraft operated by ULS Cargo. They have frames in hybrid SV livery.

Thanks. So is TK leasing aircraft from them? I am asking this because the A310 operated several scheduled TK cargo flights.

It is always nice to see the A310 again.

Turkish777X

Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Quoting Turkish350XWB (Reply 23):
Thanks. I am surprised it's 8 frames and not 7 as written in their presentations.

Probably they were able to get their hands on some other airlines' slot.
I assume they can announce a few more destinations with this many new birds, especially towards the year end.

SXDFC

Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Does anyone know if TK plans on installing Scimitar Winglets on their 737-800 and -900ER fleet?

LAXintl

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Quoting JU068 (Reply 26):
Thanks. So is TK leasing aircraft from them? I am asking this because the A310 operated several scheduled TK cargo flights.

Yes ACMI lease. TK Cargo also uses MNG aircraft.

Quoting SXDFC (Reply 28):
Does anyone know if TK plans on installing Scimitar Winglets on their 737-800 and -900ER fleet?

There look to be some engineering issues with the Scimitar's. Both Alaska and Southwest froze their install project.
Until these are clarified, I dont think new airlines will sign up.

KarelXWB

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:00 pm

Quoting Turkish350XWB (Reply 23):

I don't have delivery dates but here's final assembly schedule:

TC-JOF A330-303 MSN 1616 Final Assembly February 2015
TC-JOG A330-303 MSN 1620 Final Assembly March 2015
TC-JOH A330-303 MSN 1622 Final Assembly March 2015
TC-JOI A330-303 MSN 1629 Final Assembly April 2015
TC-JOJ A330-303 MSN 1640 Final Assembly May 2015
TC-JOK A330-303 MSN 1642 Final Assembly May 2015
TC-JOL A330-303 MSN 1644 Final Assembly May 2015

A330's are usually delivered about 1 month after assembly roll out.
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 30):
here's final assembly schedule:

Thank you.
That is 12 wide bodies arriving by early summer and 3 x 332 leases.
It is going to be a very busy summer  

Turkish350XWB

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Thanks!

Quoting TK787 (Reply 31):

That is 12 wide bodies arriving by early summer and 3 x 332 leases.

True... Exciting months are awaiting us. Good, that the new apron is ready now. BTW i am searching for pictures of the new apron but cannot find any...

Turkish777X

Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:35 am

Quoting Turkish350XWB (Reply 32):
True... Exciting months are awaiting us. Good, that the new apron is ready now. BTW i am searching for pictures of the new apron but cannot find any...

You can check out the drone video that was published one week before or so

Turkish350XWB

Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:16 am

Quoting Turkish777X (Reply 33):

I did, only the lights are visible but not how the planes are arranged in there...

JU068

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:16 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 29):
Yes ACMI lease. TK Cargo also uses MNG aircraft

Great, thanks.

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Quoting Turkish350XWB (Reply 34):
how the planes are arranged in there...

IIRC there will be room for a total 26 parking places. 15 spaces facing the terminal, 11 facing the Marmara Sea.

LLA001

Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:27 pm

I just heard from the news that TK flight from LAX to IST landed at London, however there was no reason for the landing ( mechanical fault, medical emergency etc)

do you guys have any info?

Edit - TC-JJM to LGW

[Edited 2015-02-04 05:32:28]

TK105

Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:37 pm

Just back to ESB from DXB.

DXB is celebrating to become number 1 international airport in the world. There is a message board where fellow EK passengers can share their messages on the subject.

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p682/UmutAydinOrtana/DXBNum1MsgBrd_zps08c2c0f0.jpg

And yes, I also shared my thoughts on the subject.  http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p682/UmutAydinOrtana/DXBNum1TK105Note_zps937b9f02.jpg

emrecan

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:53 am

Quoting TK105 (Reply 38):

Totally agreed !

Turkish777X

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:50 am

Quoting TK105 (Reply 16):
As the last B739 batch is coming soon starting in February, I wonder if this batch is also fitted with extra fuel tanks?

No additional fuel tanks on these birds, TK was not satisfied with their performance.
For me this shows clearly that they will order the A321LR, which is the right way to go. The A321LR has much better runway performance which is crucial for some destinations in Africa.

Maybe the aux tanks were simply too expensive ..

stylo777

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:01 am

Quoting Turkish777X (Reply 40):

...or reduced the belly capacity to an unacceptable degree. I believe, those flights were packed with bags.

LAXintl

Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Inaugural of new TK cargo facility at IST
New facility approx 3.5 x larger in capacity.

=

wing

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:56 pm

Interesting comment from my FO today.He flew Temel Kotil last week from Saudia Arabia(Medina or Jeddah I cant remember) and asked him about the board's A380decision.He said THY is not interested in buying any A380 since it is not feasable and they were focusing on A350 and B777X !!!

I am quite surprised that there are big signs of an A380 order was imminent.I gueass the old rule applies again,don't believe anything until you see the airplane on tarmac,with THY livery....

Quoting TK787 (Reply 11):

Landing gears are the biggest drag devices.İf you hear them at a higher altitude than normal,that means there is either a bad menagement by an ATC or a bad decision making by the pilot.
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

ist2014

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:23 pm

thank u wing for update.
my dream for TK is all series of dreamliner.
16-20 788 for new routes to America (S/N/C) and Asia and increase frequency to ORD,LAX etc
5-6 789 : sydeny and Lima (based on 15400 KM range)
10-15 781: BKK!, India, Asia, East cost of US

TK success is based on frequency rather than capacity, so I prefer new twins

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:33 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 42):
Inaugural of new TK cargo facility at IST

Awesome news!
Can someone confirm that in terms of elevation, this new facility is actually lower than the runway/taxiways? So the Cargo aircraft can park even at the new apron while everything is being trucked over.

Quoting wing (Reply 43):
He said THY is not interested in buying any A380

Out of total 13 A380 airlines, only 9 has 10+ orders.
I have a hard time seeing TK in this list of airlines, especially being a two-class carrier at the moment. I can imagine the case being made in terms of slot restricted destinations but even filling 550 seats daily to YYZ, BOM might not be profitable.
Just look at these two airlines lot larger than TK that hasn't ordered the A380:
-ANA with 55 x 767s, 54 x 777s, 34 x 787s
-UA with 24 747s, 51 x 767s, 74 x 777s, 14 x 787s
Also, if TK were to go 3-4-3 on the 777-9X even less of a gap.

KarelXWB

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:09 am

Quoting wing (Reply 43):
He said THY is not interested in buying any A380 since it is not feasable and they were focusing on A350 and B777X !!!

Did he mention the 787 as well?
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

Turkish350XWB

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:13 pm

Quoting wing (Reply 43):
Interesting comment from my FO today.He flew Temel Kotil last week from Saudia Arabia(Medina or Jeddah I cant remember) and asked him about the board's A380decision.He said THY is not interested in buying any A380 since it is not feasable and they were focusing on A350 and B777X !!!

Wow very interesting. Maybe they can get the slots of EK's cancelled order of 70 A350s...?

TC-JOF A330-303 MSN 1616 Final Assembly February 2015
TC-JOG A330-303 MSN 1620 Final Assembly March 2015
TC-JOH A330-303 MSN 1622 Final Assembly March 2015
TC-JOI A330-303 MSN 1629 Final Assembly April 2015
TC-JOJ A330-303 MSN 1640 Final Assembly May 2015
TC-JOK A330-303 MSN 1642 Final Assembly May 2015
TC-JOL A330-303 MSN 1644 Final Assembly May 2015

Thanks!

TK105

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:29 pm

Quoting wing (Reply 43):
Quoting Ist2014 (Reply 44):
Quoting TK787 (Reply 45):
Quoting KarelXWB (Reply 46):

This is becoming another "Temel & Fadime" type Black Sea Joke. Both Mr.Kotil and Mr.Topcu speak to journalists, trade delegations, FOs, FAs, passengers, who ever they meet about possible new WB fleet order. I'm curious if they also discuss on the subject during board meetings?

As far as I understand, Mr.Topcu, who is said to be representative of Government at TK, wants a bigger image for TK and therefore wants A380s. On the other hand Mr.Kotil, as a successful professional who wants to keep TK both profitable and growing, is against A380s.

Possibilities:

- Mr.Kotil is offered a seat at parliament and resigns. A380 is ordered before elections. (Unlikely unless he is also offered a ministry seat)
- Mr.Presidents calls Mr.Kotil and A380 is ordered immediately.
- Mr.Topcu is offered a seat at parliament and resigns, A350 and B777X is ordered in 2015.
- Status Que stays the same, WB order is delayed till 2017

By the way I personally do not expect any B787 order in near future for a couple of reasons and expect TK to order A333neo instead (to keep balance between A & B, slot availability and fleet comonality).

OA260

Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Thanks for the new thread  
Quoting wing (Reply 43):
He said THY is not interested in buying any A380 since it is not feasable and they were focusing on A350 and B777X !!!

This certainly makes more sense. I love the A380 and it would have been great to see TK get some but realistically it was wishful thinking. Still would love to see them get the A350.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos