Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Moose135

RE: "big" G4 Announcement Tomorrow 2/24

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:18 am

Quoting FLYjoe (Reply 49):
A new terminal was talked about opposite side of the field, but now they're looking at the SW side of the field where the 737 flights board during NASCAR season.

Thanks for the update, I hadn't heard that. I still need to get up there and shoot G4 - JQF is about 4 miles away from me, and I still haven't caught them yet.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

WaywardMemphian

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:54 am

In kinda interesting news, G4 has tested flights out of XNA to PIE and FLL. This wasn't done with any fanfare or public announcement so if anyone knows how they put seats in the seats for these 0 lease chime in. Did they offer previous passengers? The source then says Allegiant found them successful but are trying to figure out whether to introduce them as year round or seasonal.

CIDFlyer

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:03 pm

good adds by G4! The one that really jumps out at me is CVG-AUS. I realize AUS has a lot to see and do but seems more like a business route than leisure.

With recent additions to Jacksonville, New Orleans and now Savannah, I am wondering if we could see some service start in the Florida Panhandle like Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach and Panama City, maybe one or 2 of those airports? G4 could probably make it work! I'm sure it would be seasonal in summer but year round could potentially work, lots of people come here despite cooler temps, weather is a lot like Jacksonville.

Also wonder if Charleston SC could be a destination as well?

RJNUT

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Quoting CIDFlyer (Reply 52):
good adds by G4! The one that really jumps out at me is CVG-AUS. I realize AUS has a lot to see and do but seems more like a business route than leisure.

yes , for being "package drvien" i don 't understand this flight. it will be invisible to biz travlers!

flyjoe

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Quoting CIDFlyer (Reply 52):

Also wonder if Charleston SC could be a destination as well?

I don't think CHS has the same type of draw that MYR or SAV (HH) for weekend, short trips from the northern & Midwest cities. CHS's location is a bit too close and convenient to G4s top FL destinations, minus PGD.

CIDFlyer

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Quoting FLYjoe (Reply 54):

I don't think CHS has the same type of draw that MYR or SAV (HH) for weekend, short trips from the northern & Midwest cities. CHS's location is a bit too close and convenient to G4s top FL destinations, minus PGD.

ahh I see...I always thought CHS was similar to Savannah so was curious.

I'm also wondering what anyone would think of G4 service to the FL panhandle. Personally I would love to see it!

[Edited 2015-02-26 15:00:24]

crazytoaster

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:33 am

Quoting CIDFlyer (Reply 55):

I'm also wondering what anyone would think of G4 service to the FL panhandle. Personally I would love to see it!

I think CHS could be successful while a little bit more difficult than their typical destinations but if JAX and AUS work for G4 I don't see why CHS wouldn't.

Also the FL panhandle definitely fits into the budget traveler model. Many people from Indianapolis drive down to Gulf Shores, PCB, and other panhandle destinations for the summer and even for the spring and fall. Now would they want to fly there? Possibly, if MYR works then PNS/ECP could too.
DEN homebase. Frequent traveler to IND and RNO.

N126DL

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:48 am

Quoting crazytoaster (Reply 56):

My .02 having grown up near MYR and living in HHH now...

People flock to Tybee Island and Hilton Head specifically for a week on an island with a beach where they do not have to leave the island for much of anything. Savannah is a day trip to ride the carriage and eat at Paula Deen's. Charleston is historical tourism - downtown, plantations, etc, with a smaller "beach" market. So, I think if you're coming to CHS for that, you can afford a different carrier. But Joe the Plumber from Ohio wants to bring the family down to Tybee for a week on a budget, then G4 is a better deal than driving.

I don't have words for MYR.....budget budget budget is all that comes to mind.
DH84 E135/145/175/190 CR2/7/9 A319/20/21 A332/3 D95 M80/83/88/90/95 73W/8/9 752/3 763/4 772/L

CIDFlyer

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Quoting crazytoaster (Reply 56):
Also the FL panhandle definitely fits into the budget traveler model. Many people from Indianapolis drive down to Gulf Shores, PCB, and other panhandle destinations for the summer and even for the spring and fall. Now would they want to fly there? Possibly, if MYR works then PNS/ECP could too.

I was thinking the same thing maybe G4 could service both PNS/ECP. PNS to serve Gulf Shores/Orange Beach/Pensacola Beach and ECP to serve Panama City area with both airports potentially splitting the difference and serving Fort Walton Beach/Destin. Sort of like the PIE/PGD duopoly. Or I suppose they could choose VPS to serve the entire region. Who knows if they ever will but I would love to see it! WN seems successful in their seasonal ECP service from STL so I think there could be a market. I'm, currently down here now and can tell you its like the midwest south down here, lots of Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan license plates!

[Edited 2015-02-27 06:25:08]

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos