Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

A388
Topic Author

Caribbean Aviation Thread 114

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:06 pm

BON BINI Everybody (which means Welcome everybody in the Curacao language (Papiamentu)),

Just as a change I have decided to start this new Caribbean aviation thread.

Latest Highlights from the previous thread:

Caribbean Airlines fleet replacement decision still pending

Arke to start nonstop flights from EIN to CUR and AUA as per November this year

One of Insel Air Aruba's MD80's is wearing Air Havana titles. No further information on this so far

U.K. travel to Jamaica is on the rise

UA to stop all but one flight on its flights to Aruba (EWR-AUA)

New Terminal Building in ANU coming along nicely

SXM on the radar of various carriers

Air Caraibes has ordered more A350's and Corsair taken over by the same group that owns Air Caraibes

Manufacturing number of the first A350-900 for Air Caraibes is now known

Here's are a few of the latest Caribbean photo additions to the airliners.net database:

CUR:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Roger Cannegieter - Curacao Aviation Photography
View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

View Large View Medium

SXM:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Thiago Trevisan
View Large View Medium

Photo © Thiago Trevisan

View Large View Medium

Photo © Thiago Trevisan
View Large View Medium

Photo © Thiago Trevisan

Any additional updates, airport and aircraft photos, and other highlights are welcome of course.

Link to the previous thread:

Time To Evaluate Caribbean Aviation Thread 113

Happy posting guys and enjoy our 114th aviation thread!!!

View Large View Medium

Regards

A388

[Edited 2015-02-24 12:36:10]

yellowtail

RE: Caribbean Aviation Thread 114

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Quoting A388 (Thread starter):
UA to stop all but one flight on its flights to Aruba (EWR-AUA)

They stopping IAH too?
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

GUYAIR707

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:12 pm

Thank you for the new thread. Maybe you can be our official thread starter.

I flew on BW 460 reg 9Y-JME with Captain Forbes GEO-POS, and BW 550 reg 9Y-LGW with Captain Seemangal (he is a funny guy) on 02/20/15. 460 was pretty empty, but 550 was jammed full with carnival revelers. I could not get a flight on 526 I guess because of pax returning from carnival. I took some pics and videos, so I will try to post them, no promises.

POS was packed with pax, and we did not have to go downstairs and use the elevators, they just held us at the top or the jetway and then marshaled us like sheep to the security check.

In GEO I saw Copa 73G and Dynamic 767.

GUYAIR707

[Edited 2015-02-24 14:13:38]

2travel2know2

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:24 pm

Quoting GUYAIR707 (Reply 2):
In GEO I saw Copa 73G

Seems CM is flying B73G because of passengers' baggage and cargo, not because the amount of passengers currently flying that route.
I'm not on CM's payroll.

LimaFoxTango

Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:28 pm

Maybe it was just me, but I actually was annoyed at the Mods(no offense guys) starting the last two threads. It lacked our usual Caribbean themed intro. Anyway, perhaps we can all take a turn.

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 3):

Interesting. PTY-GEO doesn't seem like a long flight. What can the 73G carry that the 738 can't?
You are said to be a good pilot when your take-off's equal your landings.

yellowtail

Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:39 am

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 4):
PTY-GEO doesn't seem like a long flight. What can the 73G carry that the 738 can't?

the 73G is in between the Ejet and the 738.

caribbean484

Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:54 am

I miss BW424's thread, but A388 has done a good thread in bringing the Caribbean Flavor back. Usually the mods are on the draw as the post hits 200 they close it.

Man you were right in the middle of the rush lol.

Interesting. PTY-GEO doesn't seem like a long flight. What can the 73G carry that the 738 can't?
Quoting yellowtail (Reply 5):

My guess the 73G for the loads, while cargo will be greater?
All ah we is one family

817Dreamliiner

Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Thanks for starting the new thread A388  
Maybe it was just me, but I actually was annoyed at the Mods(no offense guys) starting the last two threads. It lacked our usual Caribbean themed intro. Anyway, perhaps we can all take a turn.

Don't worry its not just you, I was a bit annoyed as well mostly because the keep on spelling Caribbean wrong in the title.. Though, I do like the idea of taking turns.

From previous thread:

Quoting caribbean484 (Reply 204):
Wow, reading this article what should concern us is this; "Some have suggested Montserratians should not expect "First World" passenger safety.
What the heck is that suppose to mean? As far as we all in the traveling public are concerned, we expect safety to be taken with all seriousness.
IMO there is no First World of Third world safety, safety is safety. Any airline that does not meet the demands of the regulators, will meet its demise by the regulators.

Honestly, I was really shocked when I read that. I don't know who said it as it wasn't mentioned in the article. Even so, there are numerous issues with FlyMontserrat. I just hope for their sake that they get their act together. I think its a good thing that Mr Harris is finally going to retire. Hopefully they can hire someone more competent to run an airline.
Life is encrypted, you are modified, Like a virus in a lullaby, Artificial till the day you die, silly programme, You're corrupted

A388
Topic Author

Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Thank you for the new thread. Maybe you can be our official thread starter.
Quoting A388 (Thread starter):Quoting GUYAIR707 (Reply 2):
Quoting caribbean484 (Reply 6):
Quoting A388 (Thread starter):Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 4):
I miss BW424's thread, but A388 has done a good thread in bringing the Caribbean Flavor back.
Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 7):
Thanks for starting the new thread A388 Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 4):Maybe it was just me, but I actually was annoyed at the Mods(no offense guys) starting the last two threads. It lacked our usual Caribbean themed intro. Anyway, perhaps we can all take a turn.

Don't worry its not just you, I was a bit annoyed as well mostly because the keep on spelling Caribbean wrong in the title.. Though, I do like the idea of taking turns.

Thanks for all the positive comments to my first Caribbean thread starter. I must say that I'm proud to have done it, it gives me a nice feeling so who knows. The idea of taking turns does sound good too. All we need to do is communicate with each other in advance who is going to do the next thread. This way it gives us more time to make something more special so to speak. In any case, I'm happy to write these threads.

A388

guyanam

Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:12 pm

I don't think that the 460 will be around for too much longer. The GEO POS is over served as is, considering that the 526 will take most of the GEO bound passengers.

Too bad for LGW bound passengers out of GEO if 460 is removed, but I don't think that there is enough of this traffic to support it. Maybe they can send the ATR to OGL. Likely that LI might eye it if BW doesn't act first.

Curious to know who is using CM on its GEO routes. Insel must be doing well into GEO as they have doubled their flights.

caribbean484

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:19 pm

I came across an article today, Venezuelan President visited T&T yesterday to sign new trade and energy development with the GOTT, and what is interesting is that CAL is owed US$50m from the Venezuelan government. Marudo said he will pay CAL every cent owed, but so far Venezuela has not been honest with the airlines and pay their debt.

Originally this article mentioned that CAL s owed US$10m
http://newsday.co.tt/businessday/0,202886.html

Now we know the true sum is much larger at US$50
http://newsday.co.tt/news/0,207408.html

Also Vacation Express and Sun Wings will operate more Caribbean Flights from PIT

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-N...-Caribbean-routes-from-Pittsburgh/
All ah we is one family

A388
Topic Author

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Quoting caribbean484 (Reply 10):
and what is interesting is that CAL is owed US$50m from the Venezuelan government. Marudo said he will pay CAL every cent owed

Hmmm, so I was right in saying that I found it hard to believe that Caribbean Airlines didn't have any money owed by Venezuela while all other airlines did. Based on what I've read from other airlines, it will take a (very) long time before they will see that money. I hope I'm wrong here.

A388

817Dreamliiner

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:27 pm

Forgot to post this in the last thread.

SKB saw a significant amount of air traffic during their elections, featuring many business jets and charters on top of the already scheduled service. Usually I say that ANU gets packed on the weekends, but the amount planes the flew into SKB during this period makes whatever ANU gets look like a joke! To give an idea of how pack it was:

http://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10923593_962240283787954_8266367500207421158_n.jpg?oh=3c29d13398d4674cf63445146d56a984&oe=5593E987
http://www.facebook.com/Skbenergy/ph...07/962240283787954/?type=1&theater

Lots of videos of the action in SKB here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/skbenergy/videos
Life is encrypted, you are modified, Like a virus in a lullaby, Artificial till the day you die, silly programme, You're corrupted

A388
Topic Author

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:15 pm

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 12):
SKB saw a significant amount of air traffic during their elections,

Great overview my friend. What type of elections were there that would attract so many small and big aircraft? I see several 757's and even an 747-400, all charter flights it seems. In any case I'm happy for SKB  

A388

guyanam

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Quoting caribbean484 (Reply 10):

Given that these nations are "in love with each other", and BW is state owned, maybe there might be some swap. For instance payment for Venezuelan oil, sent to Trinidad for processing, can be made to BW, instead of to the relevant Venezuelan state owned company. Venezuela will have to compensate that company by other means, in local currency.

Because US$ 50 million for any company, much less a broke one like BW, is really too much to carry.......love fest or not.

LimaFoxTango

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 12):
Quoting A388 (Reply 13):

Don't let that photo fool you. That kind of traffic into SKB is certainly NOT typical. As 817dreamlimer said, those aircraft brought Kittians living abroad (mainly from the US) back to vote in their elections, which was held on Feb 16. It is been reported in media that the government (which has been voted out) chartered some 28+ flights into SKB. The opposition party (which is now the government) brought in somewhere near 5 flights. Even LI got a few chartered flights. Goes to show the types of rampant corruption in some of these islands.

beeweel15

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 15):
As 817dreamlimer said, those aircraft brought Kittians living abroad (mainly from the US) back to vote in their elections, which was held on Feb 16. It is been reported in media that the government (which has been voted out) chartered some 28+ flights into SKB.

It was a mess at JFK Airport. No organization what so ever.

caribbean484

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:49 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 11):
Quoting guyanam (Reply 14):

That is exactly what I was thinking, Venezuela sends oil to POS for refining, and money we get paid back to CAL. I am surprised that CAL is owed so much from CCS.

Quoting beeweel15 (Reply 16):

So all that money spent on bringing back national for a general elections and they lost? When I saw the pics of it, I thought that there was some type of major international event and tourist were being brought to the island for the time. Talk about being corruption and the government still lost.
All ah we is one family

A388
Topic Author

Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 12):Quoting A388 (Reply 13):
Don't let that photo fool you. That kind of traffic into SKB is certainly NOT typical. As 817dreamlimer said, those aircraft brought Kittians living abroad (mainly from the US) back to vote in their elections, which was held on Feb 16. It is been reported in media that the government (which has been voted out) chartered some 28+ flights into SKB. The opposition party (which is now the government) brought in somewhere near 5 flights. Even LI got a few chartered flights. Goes to show the types of rampant corruption in some of these islands.

Hahaha okay I won't. Does the government pay for the tickets of these citizens living abroad to have them vote in St. Kitts? If so, wow. That must cost a fortune!!! There are a lot locals from Curacao who live in the Netherlands, how would that be if our government would pay the tickets for all those people living in the Netherlands to come here just to vote. Does this happen every year (bringing people to the island just to vote)?

A388

guyanam

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 18):

This is the first time that there are so many. The ousted government knew that the residents wouldn't vote for them and so thought that offering a free vacation to every Kittitian who they could locate in the USVI, the USA and Canada would offset this. Allegedly many didn't even bother to vote, or voted no differently from their relatives at home.

The slush fund that the then Prime Minister used, proceeds from the sale of passports to Arabs, Chinese, and Russians, no doubt financed this atrocity. It will no doubt be audited by the new government.

GUYAIR707

Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Quoting 2travel2know2 (Reply 3):

Good to know, I thought the traffic was good, because they started with the 190. Although I do see their 190's some days at GEO.

I miss BW424's thread, but A388 has done a good thread in bringing the Caribbean Flavor back. Usually the mods are on the draw as the post hits 200 they close it.

Yeah I dislike that also, we will have to do it prior to reaching the 200th post as 484 said.

Man you were right in the middle of the rush lol.

Tell me about it, it was fun though, ppl were still dancing while awaiting their baggage at customs at JFK. I was not sure LGW would make it to take off as everyone had at least 2-3 bottles of liquor, and we used the entire runway. We had to wait a bit because some ppl had to put excess handluggage in the hold and some were double seated. Carnival what an event.

Quoting guyanam (Reply 9):
I don't think that the 460 will be around for too much longer.

Yes GEO-POS is full, I was surprised finding 460, I guess that is mostly for LGW pax. Most of the pax on my flight were destined for T&T. Maybe 15-20 were connecting, and when 526 is free there will be even less, as most JFK pax will use 526.

Quoting A388 (Reply 11):

Just read today Trinidad will negotiate Oil for debt with Venezuela. I guess Trinidad doesn't need oil, but if that is the best they can do to recoup their money...

GUYAIR707

guyanam

Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Quoting GUYAIR707 (Reply 20):

Venezuela lacks refining capacity so the oil is most likely to be refined in Tdad. Good as it allows BWs debt to be paid, and value added for Tdad.

The problem with the 460 is it leaves too early for people wanting to make a day of it in Guyana, and only LGW is available as a connection, usually. I don't see it in the post April bookings, which have now been adjusted to reflect the new schedule.

A388
Topic Author

Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:20 pm

It seems Guadeloupe is getting the Italian charter flights from AZ this year too. Does AZ change its Caribbean destination every year orso? I never have heard them flying to more then 2 Caribbean destinations at the same time. They flew to SXM for one winter season but unfortunately they didn't come back to SXM. Wamos of Spain also seems to have done a (few) charter flight(s) to Guadeloupe.

View Large View Medium

Photo © CAZAKO Cedrig

AND

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7959507&nseq=27

Cheers,

A388

GUYAIR707

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:26 am

On BW551 tonight. Appears to be a ghost town at least at checkin.

I'll keep you guys posted.

GUYAIR707

guyanam

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Quoting GUYAIR707 (Reply 23):

I suspect that BW has too much capacity on the JFK run and will soon have to make adjustments. Now that the carnival season is over, and Easter is a few weeks off, traffic levels are returning to normal.

B6 has permanently taken away some market share on the POS, and some one is flying Dynamic into GEO.

817Dreamliiner

Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Haven't seen this discussed in a while, but here's a top down view of the progress on St Vincent's new airport:

http://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11025752_709869562467490_6171519685810472555_n.jpg?oh=311bc13b3335eb2f483d202e71cd98d2&oe=55BD6CE4&__gda__=1433969464_df6a83c79d2d6c1274ffa050471fac5f

Updates on the progress can be followed here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friend...5896234421808?fref=photo&sk=photos

We also have a spotter based in St Lucia who had some photos added to the database recently:

https://www.airliners.net/search/phot...rliners.net%2F&ref&ss=783j408157j5

A388
Topic Author

Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:50 pm

I heard this on the local news this morning and later found this link:

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/a...lights-to-costa-rica-and-aruba.ece

WN will start a weekly flight from Houston to Aruba on Saturdays. This will be there longest international flight out of Texas.

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 25):
We also have a spotter based in St Lucia who had some photos added to the database recently:

https://www.airliners.net/search/phot...rliners.net%2F&ref&ss=783j408157j5

Great photos and nice to see there are more Caribbean aircraft spotters putting their photos on airliners.net!!! I also didn't know DL is flying to St. Lucia and with an A320.

A388

aa1818

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi all,

I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable, but I noticed on the BW page that they list St. Vincent as a future destination for BW with a start-up date of April I believe.

Is this accurate?

Cheers,
AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

LimaFoxTango

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 27):

That was an announcement made for April 2014. See http://newsday.co.tt/businessday/0,191840.html

817Dreamliiner

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:03 pm

More photos of the interior of ANU's new terminal building:

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11038880_10152826453889891_4209802398905619009_n.jpg?oh=c1a0883bd3d713f73c059fd0ecc6efb2&oe=55794B69&__gda__=1435163708_2b1bf452134349c8ae427a73c00f75eb

http://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11042986_10152826453894891_6778481735969333081_n.jpg?oh=cd278694e89fa50c7b912831d2cd80f6&oe=557BB820

http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11053894_10152826453639891_6870246805933498608_n.jpg?oh=27926b076d1ecf1fd01dfbe3ff1d17b3&oe=55BE79B0&__gda__=1433848130_2434e10d710458bc212cb5ada2e58a6b

http://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11037327_10152826453879891_1892724099344287124_n.jpg?oh=99326d9255f1ba261da1ce4cc456852e&oe=558A43B7&__gda__=1433442760_9c9957feb9c316973ba24913cb96de15

More here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=pcb.409546392560352&type=1

caribbean484

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:57 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 27):
Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 28):

Nothing in the system, but it is reported that CAL wants to start as soon as the airport is open.

Quoting A388 (Reply 26):

Cool, will be interesting to see what WN does out of HOU, I expect more flights to Mexico.

New airport design unveiled
http://www.cayman27.com.ky/2015/03/09/new-airport-design-unveiled

A nice design.

British Airways to Expand Service to Turks and Caicos in October
http://www.travelagentcentral.com/an...ice-turks-and-caicos-october-50411
All ah we is one family

yellowtail

Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:40 am

Quoting A388 (Reply 26):
This will be there longest international flight out of Texas.

as opposed to DFW-SYD or IAH-DXB?

29erUSA187

Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:47 am

Quoting Yellowtail (Reply 31):

I'm pretty sure he meant that it is WN's longest international route out of texas

A388
Topic Author

Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:11 am

Quoting 29erUSA187 (Reply 32):
Quoting Yellowtail (Reply 31):

I'm pretty sure he meant that it is WN's longest international route out of texas

That is correct. As per the article I posted, the Houston to Aruba route is the longest international route of WN out of Texas.

A388

Inbound

Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:06 pm

I always hoped that BW would fly to HOU when that airport increases its international capacity. There is a massive west indian population in Houston desperate for an alternative to UA at IAH.
I won't be surprised if we eventually see a HOU-POS/KIN/BGI op on WN.
Maintain own separation with terrain!

caribbean484

Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:44 pm

Quoting Inbound (Reply 34):

Man we have not seen you around here in a while lol, how things at the airline?

I agree, but I am more hoping for a IAD/BWI-POS/KIN in the near future.
All ah we is one family

guyanam

Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:47 pm

Is there really a year round VFR market out of TX to the Eastern Caribbean? I know that there is to BZE. JM dropped the IAH route fairly quickly, which makes me suspect that there isn't that much year round to Jamaica.

WN isn't even focusing on the VFR market in its routes to the Caribbean. There is definitely a VFR market from the DC area to KIN.

A388
Topic Author

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Quoting caribbean484 (Reply 35):
Man we have not seen you around here in a while lol, how things at the airline?

Same here my friend, it's been too long Inbound. How are you doing? How's the flying going at Caribbean Airlines? We are all waiting on any updates regarding the fleet replacement at Caribbean Airlines 

A388

TravelsUK

Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Anybody tell me when LIAT is going to be able to run any of their flights on time?!!
757 flights 1 378 350 km 34.4x around earth 2024 h 18 min 74.3 days 12.0 weeks

andrefranca

Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:02 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 11):
Hmmm, so I was right in saying that I found it hard to believe that Caribbean Airlines didn't have any money owed by Venezuela while all other airlines did. Based on what I've read from other airlines, it will take a (very) long time before they will see that money. I hope I'm wrong here.

I honestly think it's time to airlines to start a sort of "shut down" against VEN, I know Brazil is another joke, but VEN is pushing it too far!

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 29):

OUCH, this design is a rip off of SXM airport LOL!!

Quoting TravelsUK (Reply 38):
Anybody tell me when LIAT is going to be able to run any of their flights on time?!!

I had 19 flights with them, if there was a 40 minutes delay it was the maximum I ever had, but heard the same horror histories.....

txkf2010

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:38 am

Quoting TravelsUK (Reply 38):

At about a quarter past never!

guyanam

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:17 am

Over the past 2 years LIAT has become even more unreliable. First their Dash 8s were always breaking down. Then they didn't have enough pilots, because some were being trained on the ATRs. And now the ATRs, though new, are breaking down.

The poor beleaguered LIAT staff then must face the wrath of a very highly frustrated traveling public, who usually have no alternative. This while the managers hide at the back, and escape through the side door.

USER PROFILE
SEND INSTANT MSG
ADD TO RESP USERS
SUGGEST DELETION
QUOTE SELECTED

[Edited 2015-03-11 21:18:15]

aa1818

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Quoting Enilria (Thread starter):
B6 JFK-POS SEP 1.0>1.3

Nice add by Jet Blue- I've been hearing a lot of my friends talking about fantastic B6 experiences to and from FLL and JFK. BW had better watch its back. It faces arguably the stiffest competition it has ever faced before.
YYZ- WestJet
JFK- JetBlue
MIA-the New American
FLL- JetBlue
LGW-BA

Quoting Enilria (Thread starter):
*OJ JFK-GEO APR 0.1>0 MAY 0.2>0 JUN 0.1>0

Interesting move given all their 'commitments' and 'successes' in the market?!?!

Quoting hummingbird (Thread starter):
Fly Jamaica has received approval from The DOT for nonstop flights into GEO from JFK..The first flight is scheduled to operate on Feb 4.
Quoting hummingbird (Reply 4):
Great job by OJ in fulfilling their social responsibilities..They provided a round trip ticket to JFK..The Guyanese community is overwhelmed by this goodwill gesture..
Quoting jm079 (Reply 5):
Corporate spirit, people take notice
Quoting jm079 (Reply 16):
OJ performance 'was assessed last year and its worth highlighting again and we have always supported this venture as the closure and sale of JM almost cost us the collapse of our tourism industry as airlift is so critical to all markets in our economy as BW reneged on its USD300 Million to grow in the Jamaica market place. OJ is now to benefit.
Clearly, there business is in order
One for you Mr Reece, do not under estimate him
Quoting jm079 (Reply 125):
OJ continues with its marketing building strategy of being a sponsor of the recent formed Guyana Jamaica Friendship Association Inc. (New York),

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

yellowtail

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Surprised no one has mentioned FlyJam dropping (or it would seem like it it) JFK-GEO with latex OAG update.

Quoting guyanam (Reply 36):
Is there really a year round VFR market out of TX to the Eastern Caribbean? I know that there is to BZE.

The e. caribbean market is pretty weak for tourists, but as Inbound mentioned there is some decent O&D from IAH to those regions . Especially to POS.

IAH would also serve to feed west coast markets to E. Caribbean.

As for BZE....yes the PDEW between IAH and BZE is good and growing and the yields are excellent (for the time being). Add to that the tourism traffic and sometimes UA operates 5 X 739 on a Sat. UA has overtaken AA as BZE's largest carrier. No wonder WN wants a piece of that pie

aa1818

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Quoting yellowtail (Reply 43):
Surprised no one has mentioned FlyJam dropping (or it would seem like it it) JFK-GEO with latex OAG update.
Quoting AA1818 (Reply 42):
Quoting Enilria (Thread starter):*OJ JFK-GEO APR 0.1>0 MAY 0.2>0 JUN 0.1>0Interesting move given all their 'commitments' and 'successes' in the market?!?!

It was mentioned!
No one has commented...   

Cheers,
AA1818

INFINITI329

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Would the A320/A321NEOs fit with BW re-fleeting plan? I think a few 321s could be used on some their marquee routes JFK/YYZ/FLL-POS

A388
Topic Author

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Quoting infiniti329 (Reply 45):
Would the A320/A321NEOs fit with BW re-fleeting plan? I think a few 321s could be used on some their marquee routes JFK/YYZ/FLL-POS

I assume they would fit just as a 737-MAX8 and 737-MAX9 combo would probably also fit. The 737-MAX200 might even be good for Caribbean Airlines. I think it will come down to which manufacturer or leasing company offers to most competitive package to Caribbean Airlines.

A388

caribbean484

Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:18 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 42):

Will be interesting to see how this pans out, quite frankly, 3 airlines operating JFK-GEO-JFK was unsustainable to begin with. Considering CAL's flights are having high loads, the real battle is between OJ and Dynamic. OJ does not have 7th freedom rights to operate in GEO and the triangle routing has to be eating away whatever yields they are taking on the route.

Quoting infiniti329 (Reply 45):
Quoting A388 (Reply 46):

Hopefully we hear more soon, but with an election year, the government is more focused on elections so it may very well be later in the year until we know where the airline goes.

Delta Cancels Service From New York To Haiti
Beginning March 29, Delta will no longer provide daily service from New York’s John F. Kennedy (JFK) airport to Port-au-Prince (PAP), the Atlanta-based carrier confirmed to Haitian Times on Friday. Saturday service will continue until April 25.

Although Delta remains committed to Haiti, due to a decreased demand, we’ve decided to reduce the number of flights going to Port-au-Prince, a Delta spokesman said.

http://haitiantimes.com/delta-cancel...vice-from-new-york-to-haiti-10687/

The same excuse they give when dropping a route where they cannot compete.

WinAir transports over 7100 passengers to Tortola from 2013 to 2014
Over 7100 passengers have been transported to date between St. Maarten and Tortola, with increase of loadfactors from 35% to 55% during Win Air’s first year of flying to Tortolla. 993 Flights were executed between the two islands for 2014 according to reports from Win Air on their first year of flying that route.
http://www.todaysxm.com/2015/03/16/w...gers-to-tortola-from-2013-to-2014/

Considering LIAT is losing money head over fist, one would have thought that the PM of Antigua would leave well enough alone and let those who know more about business management deal with the workings of LIAT. In this region, however the left wing governments continue to believe LIAT is a social service for propping up their political stocks

http://caribbeannewsservice.com/now/...-tells-his-colleague-shareholders/
All ah we is one family

INFINITI329

Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Has either KX or UP announced what their fleet replacement plans are. Both of their 737 fleets are creeping up in age. KX is oldest bird is a 733 (VP-CKY) and is just shy of 23 years old. UP's oldest bird is a 735 (C6-BFD) and is approaching 22 years old. Both of these fleets will need to be replaced soon. Given both airline's business model what aircraft would fit the bill? I think C-series (probably leased) or a E-195 can accomplish their needs rather well. The 737 NG & MAX may be too much aircraft for them in my opinion. Thoughts?

Quoting caribbean484 (Reply 47):
Considering LIAT is losing money head over fist, one would have thought that the PM of Antigua would leave well enough alone and let those who know more about business management deal with the workings of LIAT. In this region, however the left wing governments continue to believe LIAT is a social service for propping up their political stocks

I think BW if they have the money should attempt a take over

guyanam

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Lots of the traffic on the IAH POS might be business traffic, or intransit traffic from other parts of the US, via IAH. Neither available to BW.

Quoting caribbean484 (Reply 47):

From anecdoltal evidence, BW is the premium carrier on the JFK GEO now that it runs nonstop service. It is a known factor, even though it might charge the highest fares. OJ will get some who support it due to the fact that it is a de factor "Guyanese" airline, even though based in Jamaica. Dynamic will cater to the most price sensitive. If DY fails then OJ will be the biggest beneficiary. Their market segment have no brand loyalty. This new SJU stop will hurt them.

As to LIAT. The latest noise is pure politics. BGI wants more operations based there to gain jobs, and to boost their claims of ebing a hub. SVD wants BGI as it is closer than ANU. What happens to LI when SVD gets its airport. Much of that market on LI is connecting to North America, so LI will lose much of that business.

There is no evidence of any business sense at LI. Just politicians using it as they see fit, and then demanding that other islands, which have lost LI service (SKB and SLU) should pour cash into that bottomless pit.

Quoting infiniti329 (Reply 48):

Believe me BW doesnt want that LI mess. If allowed to, they will compete with LI on routes which serve their purpose, but will definitely not commit to comprehensive service along the full arc of teh E/Caribbean.