Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

8herveg
Topic Author

Why Can't You Book Multi-city Flights With Avios?

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:14 pm

I am trying to book LHR-LIM (via MAD) and GIG-LHR on BA/IB in Club/Business, but when logging into my account on ba.com, it only allows you to book multi-city flights using 'Book with money' - not 'Book with Avios' or 'Book with money, upgrade with Avios'.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks.

seansasLCY

RE: Why Can't You Book Multi-city Flights With Avios?

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:24 pm

There is no difference with booking two separate flights as far as I'm aware. I though avios bookings were flexible so it doesn't matter. Just book two one way flights. There is no price or total avios cost difference.

ClassicLover

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:37 pm

Quoting seansasLCY (Reply 1):
There is no difference with booking two separate flights as far as I'm aware. I though avios bookings were flexible so it doesn't matter. Just book two one way flights. There is no price or total avios cost difference.

This is exactly it! You'll need to do them all as one-way flights on separate tickets. No big deal, but make sure you have seats available on every sector before actually booking them.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

AustrianZRH

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Quoting seansasLCY (Reply 1):

On the itinerary of the OP, it is even better to do it as one-ways as opposed to an open jaw on a single tickets: on air tickets originating in Brazil, as the return flight would be, airlines are not permitted to collect "carrier imposed charges" such as a fuel surcharge, international surcharge, or whatever phrase the marketing departments have come up with. Thus, two one ways might save a couple of hundred pounds in fees!
WARNING! The post above should be taken with a grain of salt! Furthermore, it may be slightly biased towards A.

gabrielchew

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:38 pm

The only benefit of booking these as a return is if you want to cancel, then you will only need to pay one set of cancellation fees - you'll have to call up to do this and probably pay the offline booking fee.
http://my.flightmemory.com/shefgab Upcoming flights: AMS-RIX-BUD-VDA,ETH-TLV-FCO-LHR,STN-TXL-LCY,LTN-CPH-LTN,LGW-SZG,MUC-LHR

s4popo

Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:24 pm

Quoting gabrielchew (Reply 4):
The only benefit of booking these as a return is if you want to cancel, then you will only need to pay one set of cancellation fees - you'll have to call up to do this and probably pay the offline booking fee.

I don't think there are any cancellation fees per say. I believe you forfeit the taxes paid. At least that's how it is with tickets within the U.S.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos