Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mariner

RE: New Zealand Aviation Thread 154

Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:14 am

Quoting motorhussy (Reply 199):
How about flying China Airlines from AKL to TPE then on to RGN? Alternate transport across Indo-China then SGN or HAN to TPE and AKL.

I hadn't considered any of the Chinese airlines - I dunno why. That opens up several possibilities, thanks.

mariner

SCL767

Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:38 am

LAN will deploy the 787-9 daily on the SCL-AKL-SYD route earlier than expected.

Effective September 21st:
LA801 SCL 00:05 AKL 04:15+1-06:00+1 SYD 07:40+1 787-9
LA800 SYD 09:45 AKL 15:00-16:50 SCL 13:10 787-9

kiwiandrew

Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:45 am

Quoting SCL767 (Reply 201):
Effective September 21st:
LA801 SCL 00:05 AKL 04:15+1-06:00+1 SYD 07:40+1 787-9
LA800 SYD 09:45 AKL 15:00-16:50 SCL 13:10 787-9

Great, thanks for posting.

I can't remember whether the timings / aircraft have been released for the additional flights over and above the daily flights? Do you have details of those ( apologies if you have already posted them and I have missed it ) ?

SCL767

Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:52 am

Quoting kiwiandrew (Reply 202):
I can't remember whether the timings / aircraft have been released for the additional flights over and above the daily flights? Do you have details of those ( apologies if you have already posted them and I have missed it ) ?

LAN hasn't loaded the new frequencies as yet. However, when I was looking at the late September schedule flight LA803 showed up for some reason. Perhaps LAN is in the process of loading the flights...

MillwallSean

Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:36 am

Quoting mariner (Reply 192):
On that note, anyone got any bright ideas as to the best way to get to Myanmar - Burma - from Auckland - AirNZ/Singapore, or Thai or ......?

Id fly to BKK.
Simply because that gives you the option to fly Myanmar International and Golden Air Myanmar between BKK and Rangoon. Both of them fly to BKK so book one ways.
SIN only sees service from MYI these days. (Golden have ceased the route). Flying out of Rangoon (at that time to SIN) on Golden I got the best meal Ive ever had when flying and i think it cost me 4 dollars. (Myanmar beer was served on golden when I flew them and at a price of 3 dollars/can...)

Add on that BKK offers service on the wonderful Lao Airlines and its a perfect place to stopover. Lao airline is TG, 30 years ago, meaning the warmth / smiles and care in the service is genuine and not plastic. The food is awesome and you get Lao Beer. (Something that in NZ you usually only buy in the Lao/Thai resto in Kingsland)

This response is the true A.net one.
Fly the airlines you normally don't but being over 30 do it shorthaul and leave the longhaul to a trusted player like TG. VN is good in Business though, however Ive only flew them to Paris which is their red ribbon route so cant comment on what effort they put in on a VFR route like SYD.

if you want a good convenient service then its still SQ all the way. I seem to recall Rangoon is a split operation between Silkair and SQ so ensure that you get SQ all the way and dont have to transfer to Silkair.
And in Burma, do avoid Yangon Airline since they are run by a guerrilla that A is a prime mover of the golden triangle drugs and B have been used against the Shan people and committed atrocities bordering on khmer rouge insanity there. They don't need our money.

mariner

Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:49 am

Quoting MillwallSean (Reply 204):
if you want a good convenient service then its still SQ all the way. I seem to recall Rangoon is a split operation between Silkair and SQ so ensure that you get SQ all the way and dont have to transfer to Silkair.

That's for all that.

I'm not actually looking for convenience. I like to try out different airlines that I would not usually fly, just because I have no reason to do so, and some odd routes or connections would be a bonus.

I love the idea of Lao Airlines.  

mariner

777ER
Head Moderator

Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:52 am

New Zealand Aviation Thread 155 (by 777ER Mar 10 2015 in Civil Aviation)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos