Hello there Turkish Aviation fans,
Another March another thread  
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Patrick Schwarzschulz

So, here are some topics to start with:
-TK to start 3 x TPE, 7 x MNL and 5 x Abuja this month
-TK buys some LHR slots from SAS.
-TK says it will get additional 7 frames this year on top of the orders on the books.
-TK profits soar to $739M, rumors of MH 380 wet-leases, but yesterday an announcement on the website says, NO 380 ops in 2015!
-We should see 2 x 77Ws, 2 x A333s and 1 x 739ER to join TK fleet in March.
-Another IST-MIA rumor, but will we finally see ATL after SFO for TK.

Here is couple of questions from me:
-Atlasjet and the C300, is it going to happen?
-Besides JFK, which US city will get the TK double daily first?

Thanks for joining and please continue here with your news, views, photos, rumors and always appreciated good sense of humor. No political stuff, No personal attacks.
Thank you so much.
Welcome,
TK787

adamh8297

RE: Turkish Aviation March 2015

Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:00 am

Quoting TK787 (Thread starter):
Besides JFK, which US city will get the TK double daily first?

Due to plane availability: ORD or BOS. If they had 77W's coming in at a rapid rate - it would be LAX for sure.

Has ATL been announced to the Istanbul Stock Exchange?
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

LAXintl

Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:05 am

Thanks for getting another month started TK787

A couple tidbits from me:

Video regarding the construction of the new cargo facility at IST. Its massive, and to think that its only temporary for 3-years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qpe5KT5VHg

On the rumors of Miami, I'll say it in Turkish -- palavra. Wishful thinking of a local consul and as we know well there is always lots useless chit-chat involving TK.
Until TK publishes Miami on its "wish list" of markets, let alone a makes formal stock exchange notification firming up the intention. its all idle gossip at this stage.

Same with A380 rumors, lots of talk with folks like the Turkish tabloid media enjoying making big stories.

Hopefully, March turns out to be a better month for Istanbul weather. TK alone cancelled near 1,300 flights with estimated loss of EUR 26mil.

Lastly, SFO launch is only about 1-month away (April 13th) Some great deals - $699/rt for travel until June 15th. Beyond fares to places like India, Gulf, Iran, Israel in the $800 range.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Miami

Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:13 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 2):
On the rumors of Miami, I'll say it in Turkish -- palavra. Wishful thinking of a local consul and as we know well there is always lots useless chit-chat involving TK.
Until TK publishes Miami on its "wish list" of markets, let alone a makes formal stock exchange notification firming up the intention. its all idle gossip at this stage.

Right... And didn't Hamdi Topcu, (board chairman for Turkish Airlines), announce in November that they planned to start Miami within two years?
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

LAXintl

Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:21 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 3):
And didn't Hamdi Topcu, (board chairman for Turkish Airlines), announce in November that they planned to start Miami within two years?

Its empty talk. Hamdi will say so about virtually any city in the world and has done so many times. Maybe if you knew the man and the politics you'd understand. Simply out of politeness or political correctness, any route is a possibility one day.

But to clarify things, TK only last week updated investors about it plans, and MIA was not on the list of future cities it presented. First MIA needs to get on this "wish list".

See slide 16:
http://investor.turkishairlines.com/...oad/sunumlar/SUNUM_FY14_EN_FIN.pdf

=

MeCe

Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:24 am

rumors of MH 380 wet-leases, but yesterday an announcement on the website says, NO 380 ops in 2015!

As a general rule of Turkish behaviour; if they say "no" we may expect a 380 in TK colors very soon :P

mercure1

Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:32 am

Welcome to March. May the weather become warmer for those in colder climates.

Speaking of weather - wondering how common/unusual last months Istanbul weather was? The region certainly got hit hard for multiple days back to back.

In regards to TK A380, there sure seems to be lots of gossip that media creates regarding this topic, but it seems the company has clearly indicated nothing is in the immediate future.

Also for this Miami debate it seems some people never give up. I think we should have learned long time that even executives will speak about 101 different ideas, but until you see it formally presented in a legal document don't believe it.
I believe process TK indeed first publish list of desired cities and then formally follow up with stock exchange filing, and then finally one day hopefully it appears on the schedule. I dont see Miami even having reached the first stage of this process.
mercure f-wtcc

Miami

Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:02 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 4):

Its empty talk. Hamdi will say so about virtually any city in the world and has done so many times. Maybe if you knew the man and the politics you'd understand.

And you do?

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 4):

But to clarify things, TK only last week updated investors about it plans, and MIA was not on the list of future cities it presented. First MIA needs to get on this "wish list".

Hey man. It doesn't matter what a list says. As far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen or heard anything about TK to ATL.

Quoting MeCe (Reply 5):
I dont see Miami even having reached the first stage of this process.

That's your opinion.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

mercure1

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:47 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 7):

I don't think you should argue with those that know much more about the topic and hold relations with involved enterprise.
mercure f-wtcc

adamh8297

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:08 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 7):
Hey man. It doesn't matter what a list says. As far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen or heard anything about TK to ATL.

To defend both of you -

Logic would say that TK should go to Miami seeing success of both Eastern European (ie. Transaero/Aeroflot) and QR - these airlines serve markets that TK would offer with IST-MIA. Also there's no MIA-TLV on AA yet - an excellent city-pair for TK to take market share in.

However, that presentation linked by LAXintl above (Slide 16) firmly states that ATL is on the short list and not MIA. Even DTW is not on it! That list has been spot on with TK announcements - BOS and IAH were once in red on it.

I wish RMF was on the short list myself.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

JU068

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:54 am

Can anyone tell me how many bus gates there are at IST? Also, wasn't there talk of IST adding two (?) additional air-bridges?

Thanks

SXDFC

Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:57 am

I've heard a rumor within WN that they will be getting some of the TK 737-700's within the year. If true, its too bad WN doesn't do its painting elsewhere, as it would be interesting to spot a WN 737 in IST.

ist2014

Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:14 am

hello to all, thanks to TK787 for new threat and contribution of all.
what I understood from Q4 presentation:
2 more A332 for 2015 (maybe it is 3 and returning if TC-JNV)
phasing iut A310 F, good decision, it does not make sense to have a fleet of 2 (pilot,maintance, etc)
lets see

Turkish777X

Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:42 am

Thanks for another great thread TK787!

Atlasjet and the C300, is it going to happen?

It was just a MOA. They never firmed the deal.

TK to start 3 x TPE, 7 x MNL

Actually, it is 7 x TPE and 3 x MNL It is the first time that TK starts a long haul destination daily from the beginning.

-Besides JFK, which US city will get the TK double daily first?

From a network planning perspective they will have issues in offering double daily service to these destinations. It also depends on whether they will finally be able to go doubly daily to sub continent destinations.

[Edited 2015-03-01 00:45:07]

HB-IWC

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:43 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 7):

Funny. You will grasp at any straw when the word Miami is somewhere mentioned, but if an airline's very own investors' relations publication mentions ATL (and not MIA) as a future destination, it is just a list and you don't care what it says. Talk about bias and undermining your own credibility.

As it goes, you have been interacting here with some of the most intelligible forum members when it comes to Turkish Airlines, so instead of once again shooting at the messenger when you don't like his message, why don't you try to contribute something in a constructive and respectful manner. You have been told how new destinations come into fruition with Turkish Airlines as a public entity. There has always been a public update to investors first. It has been like that with Houston, Boston and San Francisco. It will be like that with Miami as well, if and when it happens. There has not been such an announcement regarding Miami, so it is not yet on the cards as a new destination, whether you like that or not.

OA260

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks for another thread. Spring is coming  
Another IST-MIA rumor

Well alarm bells would ring if there wasn't a MIA rumour again .  

bahadir

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:05 pm

Impressive numbers on the THY side, even though one cannot deny the pressure on the carrier's finances from two major issues : currency devaluation and negative pressure on revenue.

On a different note, I am shopping around for some last minute tickets from various European destinations to IST and back. (Still don't have non-rev benefits on TK) Why is TK's own website is more expensive than regular internet booking engines like Kayak, Expedia, etc?
Earthbound misfit I

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Quoting Turkish777X (Reply 13):
TK to start 3 x TPE, 7 x MNL

Actually, it is 7 x TPE and 3 x MNL It is the first time that TK starts a long haul destination daily from the beginning.

My mistake, thanks for the correction.

Quoting JU068 (Reply 10):
Can anyone tell me how many bus gates there are at IST? Also, wasn't there talk of IST adding two (?) additional air-bridges?

Currently there are about 50 bus gates. With the AirForce leaving and demolishing some service buildings there will be 40 or so more gates soon. Some of them might be in use already.
With the opening of the new Cargo area, the Int. Terminal will be extending that way, IIRC 6 more bridges.

Quoting bahadir (Reply 16):
the carrier's finances from two major issues : currency devaluation and negative pressure on revenue.

My math skills are terrible, but in that same report it says only 13.5% of TK's income is in Turkish Lira, which has been loosing value against USD for over 2 years. Also 56.2% of expenses in USD.

PW100

Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:30 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 2):
Video regarding the construction of the new cargo facility at IST. Its massive, and to think that its only temporary for 3-years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qpe5...T5VHg

Already on google maps:

https://maps.google.nl/maps/myplaces...0.010124,0.014935&ctz=-60&t=k&z=16
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"

UALWN

Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:06 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 17):
My math skills are terrible, but in that same report it says only 13.5% of TK's income is in Turkish Lira, which has been loosing value against USD for over 2 years. Also 56.2% of expenses in USD.

That (very informative) report also says that 39.5% of TK's revenue is in EUR, which has also been sliding against the USD.
AT7/111/146/Avro/CRJ/CR9/EMB/ERJ/E75/F50/100/L15/DC9/D10/M8X/717/727/737/747/757/767/777/787/AB6/310/32X/330/340/350/380

TK105

Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Thanks and Hello Spring...

This week I visited LED after 6 months. Things have changed dramatically. Last time totally full TK A321 this time was half empty both ways. I paid less than half in Euros for the same hotel room I stayed 6 months back which means almost 70% less in USD terms. I only spent 11K miles to upgrade my ticket on ESB-IST-LED-IST-ESB all the way. Now everything is so cheap in Russia.

TK's invester report also points out this situation, the economical down turn in Russia and ex-CCCP states is one of the reasons for slow start of 2015 for TK.

-TK profits soar to $739M

This was expected and market bought this result in Nov14.

I still regret that I did not buy TK shares back in May09 when it was only 1TL a share. Now it is around 9TL but expect it to be well over 10TL once risks in Ukraine goes down and economy recovers in Russia.

From another threat:
Quoting art (Reply 122):
It says "As of today, there is no Board decision regarding the purchase or lease of an A380 aircraft. Turkish Airlines will not be operating an A380 aircraft in 2015."

I consider that TK's official statement is very interesting this time. It is closing the door for 2015 for sure which is very reasonable, but on the other hand leaving it open for 2016 and later on. Otherwise why would they need to underline the second sentence "Turkish Airlines will not be operating an A380 aircraft in 2015".

ATL has been in this list for a very long time now. It was in the list even before IAH and SFO. In this regard, until next US destination is announced as BIST filing, we can never know!
The future is in the skies.

Miami

Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:40 pm

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 14):

You seem to follow me everywhere I go.

Look. I'll be the first to say that I have admitted before that I do believe TK will be at ATL before MIA.

All I'm saying is its quite interesting how a talk about MIA comes up and nothing for ATL.

Yeah, some people here may know more about other things than me. But I know things that they don't know as well. This may not be one of them, but to the topic, maybe I do know something.

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:57 pm

The second runway construction at SAW was supposed to start last October and finish by 2017. Now they are talking about a new bidding? What happened there?
http://www.arup.com/Projects/Sabiha_...Sabiha_Gokcen_runway_Gallery1.aspx

MeCe

Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Quoting adamh8297 (Reply 1):

Besides JFK, which US city will get the TK double daily first?

Due to plane availability: ORD or BOS. If they had 77W's coming in at a rapid rate - it would be LAX for sure.

ORD will get 777 in summer tariff. My bet goes to BOS and LAX.

LAXintl

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 6):
Speaking of weather - wondering how common/unusual last months Istanbul weather was? The region certainly got hit hard for multiple days back to back.

Snow happens for a few days in Istanbul, but last few years certainly have had some strong weather events.
Funny enough, the only three times I have missed flights to/from Turkey last 30 odd years has been because of snow at Istanbul.

Quoting mercure1 (Reply 6):
I believe process TK indeed first publish list of desired cities and then formally follow up with stock exchange filing, and then finally one day hopefully it appears on the schedule. I dont see Miami even having reached the first stage of this process.

Quoting Miami (Reply 7):
And you do?

Certainly better than you.
Have you met him, held meetings with him, negotiated with him, ate a meal with him, or even been in the same country with him at the same time?

Quoting SXDFC (Reply 11):

I've heard a rumor within WN that they will be getting some of the TK 737-700's within the year. If true, its too bad WN doesn't do its painting elsewhere, as it would be interesting to spot a WN 737 in IST.

Quite possible -700 fleet are leaving so the leasing companies will look for new homes

Quoting ist2014 (Reply 12):
phasing iut A310 F, good decision, it does not make sense to have a fleet of 2 (pilot,maintance, etc)

One good thing about hanging on to the A310s so long was fact they were paid off and there was not pressure to keep them utilized. They were excellent aircraft for charters and for markets that can support A330 size loads.

Quoting bahadir (Reply 16):
Impressive numbers on the THY side, even though one cannot deny the pressure on the carrier's finances from two major issues : currency devaluation and negative pressure on revenue.

If you recall a few months back Kotil said a weaker TL was ok and TK would benefit. Appears to be the case.

bahadir

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:16 am

Has anyone tried Onur Air on their European flights? I am leaning towards buying a last minute AMS-IST ticket on them. I have flown them on domestic routes and have been pleased with the level of service and the comfort in exchange of the price. I am just curious if their aircraft are configured differently for European flights.

Thank you.
Earthbound misfit I

LAXintl

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:19 pm

Turkish ground handler Havaş is spreading its wings further. They won a ground handling services license at Medina. This becomes their 8th airport outside Turkey.

Quoting bahadir (Reply 25):
I am just curious if their aircraft are configured differently for European flights.

Its the same A320/A321s

Speaking of Onur also announced increases in Vienna(from 4x to daily) and increase in Ercan(from 9 to 15 weekly) effective March 30th.

wing

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Quoting bahadir (Reply 25):
Has anyone tried Onur Air on their European flights?

If you've flown Delta on a transatlantic route and survived,you can definetely live another day after an Onurair euro flight.  

Now they are selecting A380 Captains among A330/340 pilots.Appereantly transition from Airbus to Airbus is cheaper compared to Boeing to Airbus on pilot training costs.If this becomes true,I may end up in A380 in the next couple of years 
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

777way

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:37 pm

Finally TK planning to up KHI to A332 from June, BTW where all do they use the Jet airways 332s to?

TK105

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:10 pm

Quoting wing (Reply 27):
Now they are selecting A380 Captains among A330/340 pilots.

Woowww.

Quoting wing (Reply 27):
If this becomes true,I may end up in A380 in the next couple of years

Cross your fingers.   

bahadir

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:36 pm

Quoting wing (Reply 27):
If you've flown Delta on a transatlantic route and survived,you can definetely live another day after an Onurair euro flight.

Now they are selecting A380 Captains among A330/340 pilots.Appereantly transition from Airbus to Airbus is cheaper compared to Boeing to Airbus on pilot training costs.If this becomes true,I may end up in A380 in the next couple of years

Wing,
actually DL is one of the best ones to cross the Atlantic or in the USA as a non-revver. I think I travel up front in 80% of the time that I take DL.   United is the worst among all of the US majors that won't upgrade you even with C or F being empty.  

Congrats on the 380 part. I am sure you will enjoy looking down on other pilots   hahahahaha
Take Aydin with you too. You need CAs like you and him that to fly international routes . not the dumbass that couldn't speak a word of English 2 weeks ago flying into LAX.
Earthbound misfit I

KarelXWB

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:51 am

One of the upcoming A330's has been painted in TLS.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aircrafts/16508614519/
What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived.

wing

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:36 am

Quoting bahadir (Reply 30):
Wing,
actually DL is one of the best ones to cross the Atlantic or in the USA as a non-revver. I think I travel up front in 80% of the time that I take DL.

I flew with Delta in 1997 from JFK to Orlando.After flying TK, it was noting but mediocore even then.

Quoting bahadir (Reply 30):
I am sure you will enjoy looking down on other pilots

I am an Airbus 330 pilot,I am looking down on other pilots for a long time already especially the B777 guys   
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

JU068

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:52 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 17):
Currently there are about 50 bus gates. With the AirForce leaving and demolishing some service buildings there will be 40 or so more gates soon. Some of them might be in use already.
With the opening of the new Cargo area, the Int. Terminal will be extending that way, IIRC 6 more bridges.

Fantastic, thank you.

HUYfan

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:54 am

TK adding a daily

ISTANBUL SAW to DAMMAM, Saudi Arabia with 737-800 equipment

This is in addition to increasing IST-DMM from 7 to 10 weekly.

Kind regards

HUYfan

bgm

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:12 pm

This is one of my favorite threads to read, thanks to all for updates.   Really great to see TK making strides and expanding. The only negative experience I had was dealing with the extremely rude "visa check" staff on my flight to the US, but this was a few years ago and that probably had nothing to do with TK.

Regarding the new 737-900ER deliveries, I read somewhere that these will not have the "BBJ3" extra fuel tanks, so I assume these will be operated on shorter routes to Europe and the Middle East? Some of the Africa routes are very long, I was quite surprised they had the range.  

bgm
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

LAXintl

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:24 pm

Quoting bgm (Reply 35):
Regarding the new 737-900ER deliveries, I read somewhere that these will not have the "BBJ3" extra fuel tanks

Correct. They are arriving with out the ACT's. Fuel capacity is about 4,000kgs less.
They also have different cabin version of 169 seats versus 151 on the 739ERs used on longer segments.

LAXintl

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Quoting 777way (Reply 28):
BTW where all do they use the Jet airways 332s to?

All over the place.

In the last week they have been to: CPH, IKA, LHR, KBL, ISB, BCN, MUC, LHE, DAC, JED, CDG, LOS, KBP, ALG plus various domestic stations.

bgm

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:33 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 36):
Correct. They are arriving with out the ACT's. Fuel capacity is about 4,000kgs less.
They also have different cabin version of 169 seats versus 151 on the 739ERs used on longer segments.

Interesting, thanks for the info. So the new config is 16J/153Y? The internal code for the existing aircraft is 79B, do you know what the code for these will be?
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

Turkish777X

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 37):

In the last week they have been to: CPH, IKA, LHR, KBL, ISB, BCN, MUC, LHE, DAC, JED, CDG, LOS, KBP, ALG plus various domestic stations.

There is absolutely no rational for the different configs of TK. Why would you send a low density plane like 33J on day 1 and the next day you operate 33R. Usually, markets with lower yields should get higher density aircraft and low density on higher yielding routes, but TK seems not to care about yield and simply matches demand by different configs of aircraft they have. Very bad when considering that some high yielding markets end up with high density aircraft from time to time. What is your opinion on this?

TK105

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Quoting Turkish777X (Reply 39):

TK Management has a pragmatist approach and their priority is to supply demand. They are also realistic: High yielding medium distance markets are the ones where there is no real competion, such as Central Asia. They know that passengers are ready to pay TK more, not because of Brand Value or low density aircraft configuration, but only because of lack of options or shorter overall travel time.

LAXintl

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Quoting bgm (Reply 38):
Interesting, thanks for the info. So the new config is 16J/153Y? The internal code for the existing aircraft is 79B, do you know what the code for these will be?

79D

Quoting Turkish777X (Reply 39):
What is your opinion on this?

Same it was 27 years ago the first time I stepped foot into TK ops. They are extremely good at matching day to day demand difference to aircraft assignments. Very dynamic planning and clearly its been profitable.
I recalls in the early 1990s, even Swissair came down to visit TK to learn about this practice which led them to start adopt A319-320-321 fleet flying assignments on day to day basis to better match loads on specific sectors.

I agree the cabins are a bit of a mess with so many planes entering the fleet, but maybe one day once things mature and settle down there will be time to standardize the offerings across the fleet.

Turkish777X

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 41):

I agree the cabins are a bit of a mess with so many planes entering the fleet, but maybe one day once things mature and settle down there will be time to standardize the offerings across the fleet.

On a more recent note, prices for the Besiktas match in Brugge sky rocketed to about 2000 TL when the supporters where buying flight tickets like crazy.
However, TK did not change from the A321s to more larger aircraft. I would have expected them to deploy much larger aircraft once the seats were all sold and prices as a result were so high. It will be interesting to see what aircraft they will eventually use next thursday on the match day.

777way

Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:56 pm

Mahan air route mao shows new seasonal routes Isparta, Izmir and Konya.

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 37):

Great so Jet Heringbone J class can be experienced out of flights from Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Is KBL a permnent upgrade or occassionally?

[Edited 2015-03-03 16:06:09]

A342

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:13 am

Quoting wing (Reply 27):

Are you sure TK is ok with you posting such things?

If yes, what more can you tell us about TK's A380 plans?
Exceptions confirm the rule.

wzafar

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:53 am

Quoting 777way (Reply 28):

Which business class product does the TK A330-200 feature?

777way

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:22 am

^ They have atleast two different styles of 2-2-2 setup, the older one and the new like on A333/77W.

https://www.airliners.net/search/phot...d=7026709fda83426ac5c9ece3d3298fa6

[Edited 2015-03-03 18:49:47]

LAXintl

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:01 am

Quoting 777way (Reply 43):
Is KBL a permnent upgrade or occassionally?

Normally Kabul is the A320 family, but sometimes they get the A330 family. For example in February the A330 was there 11 times.

Flightsimboy

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:01 am

I'm booked with TK in May on a *A redemption booking. Will an upgrade to Premium Economy be allowed at the gate in IST on the flight to YYZ, if there are seats. Too bad Premium Economy is being phased out. It would have been nice to travel from KHI in Sept on Premium Economy on the new A332 service.

Nice to see a TK wide body back in KHI.
LAX772LR - "Answer to goofy question:" in response to my question about the B737-MAX8 being grounded. 48 hours later all B737-MAX8 grounded worldwide. Go figure!!

LAXintl

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:12 am

Quoting flightsimboy (Reply 48):
I'm booked with TK in May on a *A redemption booking. Will an upgrade to Premium Economy be allowed at the gate in IST on the flight to YYZ, if there are seats.

Probably not as TK cannot touch the ticket as it belongs to Star partner that issued it. Its unfortunate FF programs have not caught up with the fact there are more classes of travel than simply First, Business and Economy.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos