tailskid

RE: Malaysia Airlines B772 Missing KUL-PEK Part 75

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:49 pm

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 98):
It is also apparent that a nudibranch has the ability to 'oxymorph' into something / somebody else

We finally agree on something.

It seems that the union of the charlatans didn't end well.

nudiebranch

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:03 am

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 98):
It is also apparent that a nudibranch has the ability to 'oxymorph' into something / somebody else  

Huh?

Quoting tailskid (Reply 100):
It seems that the union of the charlatans didn't end well.

What?

It never does end well, apparently.

Tonight Mandala's piggy back friend has a platform on CNN. Maybe he will tell the world about the Indonesian guys that Mandala knows who could 'spoof' BFO (though it wasn't called BFO 'back then' wink wink). And how the Russians, Chinese and Israelis all knew this trade craft as well...and continue these bogus fictional narratives so as to not focus on Zaharie and Malaysia. So sad, really.      

777Jet

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:22 am

Quoting gzm (Reply 99):
If you care, tell us why the pilot did it because otherwise your theory is incomplete.

When I consider the several 'possible' human intervention / intentional scenarios, when determining what scenario is most likely IMHO I consider motive to be an issue - as well as opportunity. Of course, with accident scenarios, you don't need motive because it was an accident. However, I don't think that MH370 was an accident - I believe it was intentional based on the knowledge we have. And, with intentional scenarios, there must be motive - why was it done? Finally, out of all the different intentional scenarios, the 'captain did it' scenario is the scenario that ticks the most boxes when it comes to motive / opportunity IMHO.

Whilst the following is not evidence, and thus no where close to 'beyond reasonable doubt evidence', IMHO when combined it allows the 'captain did it' scenario to be underpinned by some possible motive - more possible motives than other scenarios have:

1- The captain's political rants on facebook over an extended period of time.
2- The captain's relation to Anwar.
3- The captain's strong support for Anwar.
4- Anwar's guilty verdict on the evening of flight MH370.

People have been pushed over the edge by far less in the past.

Then, when the Captain arrives at the office, he has to work with a young FO whose father is a minister in the government that he hates. Also, it was the FOs first 777 flight without a check-pilot - what a good oportunity to use your authority.

Finally, the voice of the captain was heard saying 'good night' to ATC just minutes before the plane went silent, turned around, and flew a pretty interesting flight path to say the least. Based on the final ATC call, the captain is the only person that we know for sure was in the cockpit. Perhaps there were others in there? Perhaps there were hi-jackers in there? But, just before things go interesting, we know that the captain was in there - and IMHO he had both motive and opportunity.

As I've said before - many times - I only believe that the 'captain did it' scenario is the most likely IMHO but no way am I prepared to rule out several other scenarios until more is known.

Quoting tailskid (Reply 100):
We finally agree on something.

I think we also agree on what scenario is most likely.

However, whilst I have long favoured the 'captain did it' scenario as it ticks the most boxes IMHO, I am still not prepared to rule out dozens of other 'possible' scenarios until more is known or the plane has been found.
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

ltbewr

Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:56 am

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 102):
As I've said before - many times - I only believe that the 'captain did it' scenario is the most likely IMHO but no way am I prepared to rule out several other scenarios until more is known.

One other part of the 'pilot did it' scenario is perhaps he had the same mentality of those that do mass shootings of kids in schools or public places, to do something so horrible and attention getting for revenge they won't be forgotten. Too bad instead of killing so many innocents, he just didn't just jump off a cliff or bridge.

nudiebranch

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:37 am

NYT article:

http://t.co/KiExJe8enf

Too bad it took this long to finally alert the public to what a general consensus shared by investigators is. It's the rogue pilot. Imagine that.

Maybe now we can put the use of the word 'conspiracy' behind us and treat this like the serious matter it is.

gzm

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:40 am

777 Jet thank you for your reply but my post (99) was directed to nudiebranch. I thought it was not necessary to quote because it seemed I was immediately after him but your reply preceded mine... and you became their lawyer.Anyway I am one of those who seriously consider one thing: truth sometimes as it happens in mystery novels and adventure films does us the favor to give us a glimpse from the beginning which we neglect until the very end. We consider it irrelevant and we prefer to ignore it otherwise we cannot follow the interesting plot, but in the end it goes full circle and it reveals itself again, this time putting everything in place...

UALWN

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:50 am

Quoting nudiebranch (Reply 104):
It's the rogue pilot. Imagine that.

Really? This is what the article says:

"Many, but not all, of the investigators and experts who have reviewed the limited evidence say Mr. Zaharie, or perhaps the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, is the likeliest culprit, though they caution that the evidence is limited and circumstantial, and that the theory is full of holes, like lack of a motive."

"Others still suspect a different explanation for the disappearance of a jumbo jet with 239 people aboard: mechanical failure, a fire, hijacking, sabotage or some other event as yet unknown."

"Psychological profiles of the pilot prepared after the disappearance of Flight 370 do not suggest Mr. Zaharie could have taken the plane down or would have had a compelling reason for doing so, several people with detailed knowledge of the investigation said. "

[Edited 2015-03-05 20:51:28]
AT7/111/146/Avro/CRJ/CR9/EMB/ERJ/E75/F50/100/L15/DC9/D10/M8X/717/727/737/747/757/767/777/787/AB6/310/32X/330/340/350/380

WingedMigrator

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:26 am

Quoting nudiebranch (Reply 97):
There is not one other scenario to be taken seriously by anyone interested in the truth...that's reality, mate.

Oh, cut it out with your "truth". Your preaching doesn't make it so. An over-developed sense of right and wrong gets squarely in the way of understanding probabilities. Yes, the rogue pilot theory is most likely. No, it is not certain and other theories still have their place in this debate, despite zealous efforts by "truthers" to shut it down.

NYT article:

A far more nuanced view emerges from your linked article:

Quote:
the “rogue pilot theory,” as investigators call it, has emerged as the most plausible explanation among several. Many, but not all, of the investigators and experts who have reviewed the limited evidence say Mr. Zaharie, or perhaps the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, is the likeliest culprit, though they caution that the evidence is limited and circumstantial, and that the theory is full of holes, like lack of a motive.

Fire is mentioned in passing. I find that to be a plausible, if not likely explanation.

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 102):
However, whilst I have long favoured the 'captain did it' scenario as it ticks the most boxes IMHO, I am still not prepared to rule out dozens of other 'possible' scenarios until more is known or the plane has been found.

Thank you for being the voice of reason and representing a silent majority that stands in disgust at the absolutist "truth" being enforced on this thread.

nudiebranch

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:27 am

You cherry picked my quote, not surprising. Here's what I said in actuality:

what a general consensus shared by investigators is. It's the rogue pilot. Imagine that.

And here is what the article said:

Quoting UALWN (Reply 106):
"Many, but not all, of the investigators and experts who have reviewed the limited evidence say Mr. Zaharie, or perhaps the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, is the likeliest culprit, though they caution that the evidence is limited and circumstantial, and that the theory is full of holes, like lack of a motive."

And here it the headline of the article:

To Explain Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight, ‘Rogue Pilot’ Seems Likeliest Theory.

Now, you were saying?

nudiebranch

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:30 am

Quoting WingedMigrator (Reply 107):
Fire is mentioned in passing. I find that to be a plausible, if not likely explanation.

Likely? And you want me to believe you don't have an agenda?

rwessel

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:16 am

Quoting nudiebranch (Reply 108):

You cherry picked my quote, not surprising. Here's what I said in actuality:

what a general consensus shared by investigators is. It's the rogue pilot. Imagine that.

That's indeed what you said. But that is *not* supported by the following. They stated most likely of the plausible scenarios, but offered very low certainly.

And here is what the article said:

Quoting UALWN (Reply 106):

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:17 am

Quoting WingedMigrator (Reply 107):
Would you do us all a favor then and provide one detailed scenario on how that could have happened?

Quoting gzm (Reply 99):
tell us why the pilot did it because otherwise your theory is incomplete.
My belief has always leaned towards the idea that he had learned that was about to be charged with crimes similar to Anwar's.

Quoting markalot (Reply 96):
sometimes pondering the more elaborate theories can help explain the simplest ones.
Yes I'll agree that can be a helpful thing. But pondering other theories wouldn't normally include distortions of the known information or personal attacks on persons posing the more simple ones. There have been others before me who have been driven from this forum as a result of the attacks on them for their beliefs that Zaharie did it.

nudiebranch

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:37 am

Quoting rwessel (Reply 110):

That's indeed what you said. But that is *not* supported by the following. They stated most likely of the plausible scenarios, but offered very low certainly.

Okay, I suppose the phrase 'many, but not all' does not constitute a general consensus then. Fair enough. See below.

"Many, but not all, of the investigators and experts who have reviewed the limited evidence say Mr. Zaharie, or perhaps the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, is the likeliest culprit

But we're just 'conspiracists' after all.

rwessel

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:47 am

Quoting nudiebranch (Reply 112):

Okay, I suppose the phrase 'many, but not all' does not constitute a general consensus then. Fair enough. See below.

"Many, but not all, of the investigators and experts who have reviewed the limited evidence say Mr. Zaharie, or perhaps the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, is the likeliest culprit

But we're just 'conspiracists' after all.

"Many, not all" could very well indicate a general consensus.

The problem is that the "many, not all" also said "(though they caution that) the evidence is limited and circumstantial, and that the theory is full of holes, like lack of a motive." Note the bits about "the evidence is limited and circumstantial" and "the theory is full of holes". IOW, their best guess right now is that the pilot(s) did it. But it's not much better than a guess. And the general consensus appears to be that this particular guess is the best one.

And heck, *I* think that's the more likely scenario, but there is darn little evidence to back it up, and as the "many, not all" said, there's a bunch of holes in that.

nudiebranch

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:14 am

Quoting rwessel (Reply 113):
And heck, *I* think that's the more likely scenario, but there is darn little evidence to back it up, and as the "many, not all" said, there's a bunch of holes in that.

I disagree completely with this sentiment. There is much to back it up, circumstantial and otherwise. That the article suggests a heretofore undetermined potential motive is almost criminal in it's lack of due diligence into Zaharie's background and stated aims/goals. But I digress.

Interesting that just today Martin Dolan (ATSB) said we could be looking for an largely INTACT a/c. What a stunning thing for the head of the ATSB to say! This is really a remarkable comment.

Aside from the obvious conclusion that can be drawn (a pilot in control until the terminus), this statement also calls into question the end-of-flight fuel exhaustion scenario AS further supported by the final BFO data interpretation.

UALWN

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:11 am

Now, you were saying?

I wasn not saying anything: I was just quoting the article you linked to!

Quoting tailskid (Reply 111):
My belief has always leaned towards the idea that he had learned that was about to be charged with crimes similar to Anwar's.

And this belief of yours is supported by which facts?
AT7/111/146/Avro/CRJ/CR9/EMB/ERJ/E75/F50/100/L15/DC9/D10/M8X/717/727/737/747/757/767/777/787/AB6/310/32X/330/340/350/380

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:46 am

The argument that "there is no evidence to prove Zaharie did it" is kind of a misplaced argument anyway. It turns the discussion into an amorphous, generalized search for the one thing that "proves beyond a reasonable doubt" that Zaharie did it, and in the absence of that one thing it negates the relevance of any discussion about what is known about the disappearance of MH370. At least that's been my experience here. A while back there was even a lawyer posting here who dominated the discussion for a while arguing about rules of evidence in a court room and the meaning of "beyond a reasonable doubt" and the peanut gallery here saw that this argument supported their preference to keep the flight of MH370 a mystery; so that discussion rambled on for a few weeks.

We can see what happened above when I asked: "The "event" or the time MH370 departed from its flight plan, occurred in the few seconds after Zaharie released his mike after radioing “good night Malaysian Three Seven Zero” to Malaysian ATC at 1:19:29 and when he should have radioed "Malaysian Three Seven Zero" to Ho Chi Minh ATC on 120.9. This would normally take about two seconds, but he never checked in with HCMATC."

This question merely required a yes or no answer, but instead it brought up a ream of evasive attempts to change the subject, and the question was never given an unqualified yes: which is the only answer anyone familiar with the known details of the flight could give. These people won't give an inch, they never have been willing to give an inch on this subject, and this behavior goes back to a time long before I was posting in this thread, it goes back to March of last year when Phiero set the tone on how people seeking the unvarnished truth were to be handled. He bullied and insulted even more than Mandala, and there has been a constant chorus of hangeroners following from Phiero to Mandala, keeping up the "good work" of censorship in this thread. As I said above, they have driven people off the forum.

We know the plane made a 196° turn at IGARI, or very near IGARI and that that was the point where ADS and the transponder were shut off and where Zaharie failed to check in with Vietnamese ATC. This is fact, none of it is in dispute among anyone without some kind of agenda.

We know that the plane turned around and crossed into the peninsula at about Koto Bharu, we know this because Vietnam said that their radar saw it turn around and Thailand has told us their radar saw it approaching the mainland from the east. People do quibble that Thailand never said it was MH370, but the time is dead on for the plane Vietnam saw turning back, so I can't see why anyone would bother arguing that point. Again, this is fact, none of it is in dispute among anyone without some kind of agenda.

We know that 9MMRO flew out into the Malacca Strait and turned to a more northerly course because the Malaysians have told us so. We can verify this by the fact that the last point and time the Malaysians say they saw the plane lines up perfectly in time and location with where Inmarsat plotted their first location ring. Again, this is fact, none of it is in dispute among anyone without some kind of agenda.

From there, the Inmarsat data tells the rest of the story, Everyone who has the mathematical and engineering skills to reconstruct Inmarsat's publicly available data has agreed that the premise and findings are valid. But there has been an ongoing campaign here to discredit the Inmarsat data - the latest gambit now that all the other approaches have been proven invalid is to raise the premise that the Inmarsat signal was spoofed, which is a ridiculous assertion. Only a person operating out of ignorance or operating with an agenda would question the Inmarsat findings. The only reason to enter public discussions about "AES spoofing" is create confusion among the people who haven't really studied the flight of MH-370 (which is most people - we are the exceptions on this.)

Is there anyone here who disagrees with the above? Can we put this behind us?

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:01 am

Quoting UALWN (Reply 115):
And this belief of yours is supported by which facts?

You know the looking into Zaharie's life and behavior has been done a couple of times in this thread, it is a sordid tale that would bring me no pleasure to repeat. In fact it wasn't me that has brought this information to the forum. If you really want to dig into it, please go back and look into it on your own.

rwessel

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:01 am

Quoting nudiebranch (Reply 114):
I disagree completely with this sentiment. There is much to back it up, circumstantial and otherwise. That the article suggests a heretofore undetermined potential motive is almost criminal in it's lack of due diligence into Zaharie's background and stated aims/goals. But I digress.

Feel free to disagree as much as you like, but the article *you* quoted says the experts say "the evidence is limited and circumstantial, and that the theory is full of holes, like lack of a motive." Are there speculative motives? Sure. And evidence (admittedly of difficult to assess validity) to counter (at least some of) them? Yes again.

RedChili

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:28 am

Quoting tailskid (Reply 116):
The argument that "there is no evidence to prove Zaharie did it" is kind of a misplaced argument anyway.

Tailskid, I'm just a layman in these matters, but after having seen plenty of episodes of Mayday (Air Crash Investigation), there's one thing that I've learned. And that is that even though investigators sometimes have circumstantial evidence pointing to a single cause of a crash, once they find the black boxes, they discover that their initial suspicion was way off. Which means that until you have proof of the cause, you need to keep an open mind. And sometimes they have to start thinking outside the box to find the truth. It seems to me that most posters in this thread are willing to do those two things, but you're not.
Top 10 airplanes: B737, T154, B747, IL96, T134, IL62, A320, MD80, B757, DC10

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:48 am

Quoting RedChili (Reply 119):
Tailskid, I'm just a layman in these matters

You've been registered here 9 years, you have 2,323 posts on this site alone, and you have your own aviation website - and you say that you're just a layman.

That's odd.

Now what exactly are you saying? Do you believe the AES spoofing theory? Do you believe the Maldives theory? Do you believe the oil rig worker saw the plane? Do you think a fire made 9MMRO fly like it did?

What makes you think I haven't thought "out of the box"?

Could you please move out of vague generalizations?

RedChili

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:19 am

Quoting tailskid (Reply 120):
You've been registered here 9 years, you have 2,323 posts on this site alone, and you have your own aviation website - and you say that you're just a layman.

That's odd.

I love airplanes, but I don't have an education in aviation. That makes me an enthusiast, a layman.

Now what exactly are you saying? Do you believe the AES spoofing theory? Do you believe the Maldives theory? Do you believe the oil rig worker saw the plane? Do you think a fire made 9MMRO fly like it did?

I don't believe in any theory that I've heard so far. All of them seem unlikely to me. Which probably means that something unlikely took place. Maybe there was a combination of various factors.

Your posts appear to be very one-sided against the captain, and based on circumstantial evidence. To me, it appears that you've locked yourself in to one opinion.

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:32 am

Quoting RedChili (Reply 121):
I don't believe in any theory that I've heard so far.

And you obviously don't believe in the points I made in post 116 , so you don't accept any information that's been made available about the flight.

So I guess that discussing MH370 with you is pointless. You'll agree to that won't you?

enzo011

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Quoting tailskid (Reply 122):
And you obviously don't believe in the points I made in post 116 , so you don't accept any information that's been made available about the flight.

So I guess that discussing MH370 with you is pointless. You'll agree to that won't you?

Why is it so important to you that everyone has an opinion on what happened and they should debate it here? I don't believe anyone is saying that the captain didn't do it 100%. If the evidence comes out that it was indeed the captain then the authorities have something to work with to try and make aviation safer. I think a lot of people are waiting for evidence to come in to shed light on this accident.

You on the other hand seem convinced that it was the captain. You will see what facts we have at the moment and see it towards your point of view, confirmation bias. Speculation doesn't really get us anywhere here after 75 threads, most things have been discussed ad nauseam.

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Quoting enzo011 (Reply 123):
Why is it so important to you that everyone has an opinion on what happened and they should debate it here?
This is the MH370 thread, why wouldn't I expect people here to continue in the discussion/debate that was going on before I came here?

I don't believe anyone is saying that the captain didn't do it 100%.
This is true - but this is a recent development on this forum. The naysayers also seem to have caved in on discounting Inmarsat's data, instead they have grabbed on to "spoofing", so I consider that progress too.

If the evidence comes out that it was indeed the captain then the authorities have something to work with to try and make aviation safer. I think a lot of people are waiting for evidence to come in to shed light on this accident.
That evidence cannot and will not ever come out. The final report is Malaysia's to write which means Hishammuddin's to write. Hishammuddin has lied and stonewalled from March 11th until now. He is the source of the fog that so many people want to lay over the MH370 tragedy. If we depend on him the legacy of MH370 will be all the kook theories: the CIA did it, the Russians did it, the plane is in Israel, the plane is buried under an Egyptian pyramid.

My post #116 is merely a listing of some of the undisputed facts. If you or anyone else can't agree to these simple facts, there is something in your agenda other than determining what happened to the plane and its passengers and crew.

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:38 pm

The turn made at IGARI was about a 165 degree turn, not 196 degrees, it was from a heading of about 28° to about 243.°

I apologize for any confusion.

exfss

Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:12 pm

Well actually it seem pretty obvious to me that you stopped at :''the captain did it'' your thought .

No way do I think that immersat data has been manipulated.
Still there is the possibility of bad interpretation of the data.

No way do I think it is buried somewhere.
Still it has not show up yet.

No way do I disagree with the 2 seconds time required to call Vietnam ATC.
Still if something happen, the priority is to fly.

We know that 9MMRO flew out into the Malacca Strait and turned to a more northerly course because the Malaysians have told us so. We can verify this by the fact that the last point and time the Malaysians say they saw the plane lines up perfectly in time and location with where Inmarsat plotted their first location ring

So we see it taking a more northerly course but still we are looking south.

The argument that "there is no evidence to prove Zaharie did it" is kind of a misplaced argument anyway.

Well... from my point of view, accusing one of mass murdering is somehow something that need more than speculation, and even though it is one of the possibilities,it cannot be taken as the truth unless something proves it.
No question is stupid.Only answers can be.

markalot

Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:15 pm

I think it's kind of ironic that the article that started this latest mess defines the problem of "believers" vs "skeptics" (my comparison).

I classify myself as a skeptic, or at least an imperfect one. Logic tells me the pilot did it is the most likely scenario with what we know, but what we know is limited. A believer will start pulling all kinds of evidence out of their, um, assets to back up their favorite theory and in many cases start attacking anything that disagrees with it. Attacking is different from disagreeing.

The article mandala linked too, I forget the guys name, seemed to start out a skeptic but then took a turn toward believer. It's entertaining, and filed away as interesting, but there's not enough information to conclude his idea of false data, the demolition of a 777 sized building and automatic landing has any more merit than the most logical conclusion at the moment. As my illogical wife pointed out, do we know how many other sites were excavated during the winter? Is this really a strange happening? Can a 777 really land itself?

But so what? I'm not going to attack him, I think it's interesting and the idea you can access some of the equipment from first class is compelling. Even if it's wrong if the discussion around it leads to design changes then the discussion or at least the wild idea led to an improvement.

In the non anonymous world I would expect a normal discourse to go over why some things he said are not possible, but here in the interwebs we get these believer attacks and trolls. Oh well.  

I'm also entertained when a false expert tells me why speech is dangerous.
M a r k

nudiebranch

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:24 pm

Quoting exfss (Reply 126):

Yes. Do you find this odd?

Here's a thought:

The pilot didn't much care for violating Indonesian FIR. This could have seriously threatened the execution of the plan.

Only the ATSB, IG, LANL, and INMARSAT has said the plane is in the SIO. But what do those collective minds know.

The only reason to enter public discussions about "AES spoofing" is create confusion among the people who haven't really studied the flight of MH-370 (which is most people - we are the exceptions on this.)

Precisely, which is why Mandala entered into it under the guise of greater flight safety.LOL.

Begins article with a defense of the Kapten and then segways into some repressed memories about BFO spoofing...which was1 YEAR LATER jogged by some hack journalists imbecilic story.

UALWN

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:23 pm

Quoting tailskid (Reply 117):
You know the looking into Zaharie's life and behavior has been done a couple of times in this thread

I know what the NYT just wrote:

"Psychological profiles of the pilot prepared after the disappearance of Flight 370 do not suggest Mr. Zaharie could have taken the plane down or would have had a compelling reason for doing so, several people with detailed knowledge of the investigation said. "

[Edited 2015-03-06 09:29:43]

gzm

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:13 pm

If the captain had wanted to hijack his own plane he could have chosen any time he wanted. Why think it is more incriminating that it happened at that specific moment? I have never understood that. And yes,why incriminate himself in such a way? He could have made his point clear.No,such things do not happen.Have never happened. Something more ingenious than that took place. As Hercule Poirot points out in Death in the Nile, "we were led in the opposite direction.It is unbelievable".

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:53 pm

Quoting UALWN (Reply 129):
I know what the NYT just wrote:
The Facebook page of Zaharie Shah has over 200 politically related posts from the beginning of January through the end of May of the year 2013. These are only the posts in which he has personally attached his own comments to.

This prolific posting abruptly ended in June of 2013.

In these posts he espoused blood sacrifice for the greater good, he lavishly praised martyrs, he called for violent resistance, he posted a picture of himself wearing a democracy is dead t-shirt.

Some quotes from Facebook:

1) "There is a rebel in each and every once of us. LET IT OUT! Don't waste your life on mundane life style.

2) "So it's time they try and dismantle us. We are not going to be quiet.

3) "Non vi si pens quanto sangue costa" translated = "There they don't think about how much blood it costs".
This comes from canto XXIX of Dante's Inferno. The context here is Beatrice deploring the lack of appreciation for the martyr's sacrifices. Captain Shah first highlights this quote in an article from a friend…then uses it himself in reference to PKR members and others he believes to be targeted by the govt.

The poem he posted on his Facebook page shows a dramatic sense of morbidity:

The SOLDIER FOUGHT HIS BATTLE SILENTLY
"Not his the strife that stays for set of sun;
It seemed this warfare never might be done;
Through glaring day and blinding night fought he.
There came no hand to help, no eye to see;
No herald’s voice proclaimed the fight begun;
No trumpet, when the bitter field was won,
Sounded abroad the soldier’s victory.
As if the struggle had been light, he went,
Gladly, life’s common road a little space;
Nor any knew how his heart’s blood was spent;
Yet there were some who after testified
They saw a glory grow upon his face;
And all men praised the soldier when he died.

He definitely had a sense of hero idolatry.

Captain Zaharie was about to divorce his wife of 30 years
He had refused to attend marriage counseling with Islamic elders
He shunned family and spent hours alone on his flight simulator

Last, the opinion of his daughter
Daughter of MH370 pilot raises alarming new questions about his state of mind in weeks before plane's disappearance
'He wasn't the father I knew. He was lost and disturbed':
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nd-weeks-planes-disappearance.html

So I don't think much of your NYT analysis.

[Edited 2015-03-06 11:07:26]

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Quoting gzm (Reply 130):
If the captain had wanted to hijack his own plane he could have chosen any time he wanted. Why think it is more incriminating that it happened at that specific moment? I have never understood that.

Because by doing it at ATC turnover he gave himself an extra hour added to the normal hour delay before the missing plane event escalated to the level where mandated procedures kicked in which would have officially notified others that there was a plane missing. If anything is learned from MH370 to help aviation safety, it will surely include closing this hole in the worldwide system procedures.

Two hours after the 1:19 diversion 9MMRO had exited the Malacca Strait and passed out of range of the last radar which would have been able to see him (Indonesian radar at Sebang). So by the time the ATC system was alerted he was out of sight of everyone.

[Edited 2015-03-06 11:10:07]

gzm

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:33 pm

You have a good point here.But why believe he would do something in vain like programing his plane to become lost in the south Indian ocean instead of following a more complicated,more sophisticated plan than that.This is also something I have never been able to understand.

747megatop

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Quoting RedChili (Reply 77):
I tried doing the same thing as you, and these are my two cents:

Possible causes:

Supernatural cause, such as an act of God.
Alien cause, such as abduction by a UFO.
Natural phenomena, including weather, volcano, etc.
Mechanical, technical problems.
Pilot error
Single crew member committing a crime
Crew conspiracy, with two or more crew members participating.
Single passenger, either registered or stowaway, committing a crime.
Passenger conspiracy, with two or more registered or stowaway passengers committing the crime.
Combined crew/passenger conspiracy, with a number of crew and registered or stowaway passengers cooperating on a crime.
Remote controlled

You missed one hilarious theory that someone had proposed and asked a question about "Could the pilot have pulled back on the stick and with full throttle power have caused the aircraft to climb into outer space".

art

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:49 pm

UK TV Channel 5 has a one hour programme about MH370 at 2000 hrs today (Friday) if anyone is interested.

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Quoting gzm (Reply 133):
why believe he would do something in vain like programing his plane to become lost in the south Indian ocean instead of following a more complicated,more sophisticated plan than that.

The plan he had was to make it disappear completely into thin air without a trace, but his plan was tripped up by the Inmarsat hourly pings which he didn't know about.

I see another factor in this. He crossed the Malaysian peninsula and was tracked by the Malaysian military all the way. He surely would have known that the Pulu Pinang Radar was operational, yet he had to have assumed that those radar returns would never be made public. If so, he was right about that so far.

There is also the disingenuous handling of the event by Malaysia to consider. They were kind of open about things until the morning of the 11th when all leaks were shut down and the fog bank descended.

There is something we don't know, something that Zaharie thought would be exposed.

But I have to admit, that's just speculation on my part (and a few others that I've had private conversations with).

Unflug

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:38 pm

Quoting tailskid (Reply 131):

Well, if the Daily Mail is your most trusted source...

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Quoting Unflug (Reply 137):
Well, if the Daily Mail is your most trusted source...

Oh, sure I expected that. As I said above you guys don't give an inch. Avoid the central issues and haggle about the fringes, the Zaharie defenders mantra.

The mirror was the source for one item only and it is the kind of item I would expect more staid news sources to pass on but for the mail of course family privacy would be a non-issue. This wasn't one of their headline pieces it was just a detail inside a story. There is a lot more on Zaharie available if one wants to spend the time looking for it, but the personal stuff is not my interest. I think the Facebook stuff alone should be enough to dispel any confidence in that weakly worded NYT assessment.

exfss

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:56 pm

Quoting tailskid (Reply 132):
Because by doing it at ATC turnover he gave himself an extra hour added to the normal hour delay before the missing plane event escalated

If I recall well,20 minutes is the SAR time to start be curious Call and try to contact, and so on with steps to do after 30 minutes without contact and then start SAR operation.
You dont have an actual hour ,ATC and/or FSS wil start ''inside''search before that.
But yes indeed, this was the actual best place for someone to radio dissapear, I agree 100%.

Was it volontary or accidentally, we all dont know.

Quoting gzm (Reply 133):
But why believe he would do something in vain like programing his plane to become lost in the south Indian ocean instead of following a more complicated,more sophisticated plan than that

This is a good point .
After 9/11, one would want to make better than...
But maybe dissapear was the way to get attention.

I think the pilot would have explain his political view and the reason for doing so .
if we read his facebook posting it is (on those you choose I guess) thinkable that he would do so.
But I will assume that the analysis of his frequent past life and all have been in more depth than just reading his facebook pages.
So if they all (Malaysian airline autority and malaysian politicians)say he was fine to fly, I would not take personnal Facebook comment really seriously.
Beside, if he had planned something, and wanted to hide, he would have erased all of it.
So if he did not want to hide, why did n't he say outloud?

Possible place for me where it can be:

-SIO somewhere
- after a fire
-of lithium battery that exploded and poisonned all aboard.
- electrical malfunction, overheat bathroom fire,etc,etc.

-on a rapid decompression

-Diego marcia hidden, with radar technology workers as complices of a wargame service secret affair.
(as Ludlum could write)
-Up in kazakstan somewhere, ready to be transform in a remote flying bomb.
(again Ludlum would be helpfull)
Down undersea because of intrigate mess up in wiring the fly by wire, on this friday afternoon production line .

Quoting tailskid (Reply 136):
But I have to admit, that's just speculation on my part (and a few others that I've had private conversations with).

hehe I find it funny when people in forum try to say they talk for many...

WingedMigrator

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Have the rogue pilot zealots considered that the same factor that caused the transponder signal to be discontinued might also have caused radio transmissions to be discontinued? How do they know with 100% certainty that the crew didn't attempt to declare an emergency?

enzo011

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Quoting tailskid (Reply 124):
This is the MH370 thread, why wouldn't I expect people here to continue in the discussion/debate that was going on before I came here?

Fair enough, although posting in this thread doesn't mean you want to air or even have an opinion on what happened though.

This is true - but this is a recent development on this forum. The naysayers also seem to have caved in on discounting Inmarsat's data, instead they have grabbed on to "spoofing", so I consider that progress too.

As far as I can remember the thread was basically the same as any accident thread. You have those in the know (those who work in the industry) giving guarded opinions on what they thought may have happened but trying to be careful not to make definite statements without facts. This hasn't changed, has it?

That evidence cannot and will not ever come out. The final report is Malaysia's to write which means Hishammuddin's to write. Hishammuddin has lied and stonewalled from March 11th until now. He is the source of the fog that so many people want to lay over the MH370 tragedy. If we depend on him the legacy of MH370 will be all the kook theories: the CIA did it, the Russians did it, the plane is in Israel, the plane is buried under an Egyptian pyramid.

If as you post the captain was responsible, do you think that one of those in the same government that the captain so vehemently opposed on facebook would go out of his way to protect him? What about the motives of the captain? If he was so in awe of martyrs why would he take the plane and disappear? Why not make a spectacle of it? Surely he wants to send a message? But if he was depressed about his marriage as you proclaim as well, what relevance does his rantings on facebook have? Seems to me that you cannot have it both ways.

exfss

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:19 pm

could someone point out to me where I could find mention of the altitudes changes during the knowed partition of flight?

[Edited 2015-03-06 13:22:21]

UALWN

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Right. Instead, we have to trust anonymous you... and the Daily Mail...

Quoting tailskid (Reply 138):
The mirror was the source for one item only

And the only source you gave. [And it was not the Mirror, but the Mail.]

Quoting tailskid (Reply 138):
I think the Facebook stuff alone should be enough to dispel any confidence in that weakly worded NYT assessment.

Weakly worded? It is pretty unambiguous. Let me quote it again (third time):

But, hey, you read his Facebook posts. And I guess that, besides your degrees in engineering and aviation, you also have one in psychology.

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:42 pm

Quoting exfss (Reply 139):
hehe I find it funny when people in forum try to say they talk for many...

hehe I find it funny when people who don't know the first thing about the subject they are debating on turn into smartalecks to buttress their lack of knowledge.

If I recall well,20 minutes is the SAR time to start be curious
You recall wrong.

a. Uncertainty phase (INCERFA). When there is concern about the safety of an aircraft or its occupants, an INCERFA exists:

1. When communication from an aircraft has not been received within 30 minutes after the time a communication should have been received or after the time an unsuccessful attempt to establish communication with such aircraft was first made, whichever is earlier; or.............................

3. When communication from an aircraft has not been received within 60 minutes after the time a communication should have been received or after the time an unsuccessful attempt to establish communication with such aircraft was first made, whichever is earlier.

c. Distress phase (DETRESFA). When there is reasonable certainty that the aircraft and its occupants are threatened by grave and imminent danger, a DETRESFA exists
https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/ATpubs/ATC/atc1006.html

Beside, if he had planned something, and wanted to hide, he would have erased all of it.
So if he did not want to hide, why did n't he say outloud?

Your logic makes no sense.

I would not take personnal Facebook comment really seriously.

It wasn't a "Facebook comment, it was a Zaharie comment. You should try to get things like that straight.

Quoting exfss (Reply 126):

Your lack of knowledge was sticking out like a sore thumb a short while back but I decided to let it pass and not embarrass you. That was then this is now. If you can't follow a conversation about a flight path you probably should get out a chart (guys like you call them maps I believe). At some time around 1:50 9MMRO turned from a heading of about 243° to approximately 266° and headed approximately toward VAMPI obviously because the intention was to pass the tip of Sumatera and turn south at that point.

-SIO somewhere
- after a fire
-of lithium battery that exploded and poisonned all aboard.
- electrical malfunction, overheat bathroom fire,etc,etc.
-on a rapid decompression
-Diego marcia hidden, with radar technology workers as complices of a wargame service secret affair. (as Ludlum could write)
-Up in kazakstan somewhere, ready to be transform in a remote flying bomb.(again Ludlum would be helpfull)
Down undersea because of intrigate mess up in wiring the fly by wire, on this friday afternoon production line .

That reads like another episode for Saturday Night Live' "Deep Thoughts"

You're right on top of it kid.

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:56 pm

Quoting enzo011 (Reply 141):
do you think that one of those in the same government that the captain so vehemently opposed on facebook would go out of his way to protect him?
I assure you that whatever they are doing is to protect themselves.

Why not make a spectacle of it?
You think he didn't? And it would have been more spectacular had he achieved his goal of disappearing into thin air without a trace.

This hasn't changed, has it?
You'll have to read the thread and make up your own mind.

But if he was depressed about his marriage as you proclaim
I never said I thought he was depressed. I see indications of the opposite: megalomania.

If he was so in awe of martyrs why would he take the plane and disappear?
In his mind he became a martyr. IMO he was living in delusions of grandeur.

tailskid

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Quoting UALWN (Reply 143):
Right. Instead, we have to trust anonymous you... and the Daily Mail...
This is very disingenuous of you. You were participating in the forum at the same time Sipadan was bringing all this to the forum. You're just playing dumb here.

Quoting UALWN (Reply 143):

Weakly worded? It is pretty unambiguous. Let me quote it again (third time):

several unnamed people with detailed knowledge of the investigation" Not members of the investigating team, not Malaysian or ICAO or NTSB or even NYT editorial staff - just some unnamed people with detailed knowledge. Who dat? Jeff Wise? or maybe Mandala?

exfss

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Quoting tailskid (Reply 145):
In his mind he became a martyr. IMO he was living in delusions of grandeur.

Go on with your delirium.

777Jet

Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:25 am

Quoting ltbewr (Reply 103):
One other part of the 'pilot did it' scenario is perhaps he had the same mentality of those that do mass shootings of kids in schools or public places, to do something so horrible and attention getting for revenge they won't be forgotten. Too bad instead of killing so many innocents, he just didn't just jump off a cliff or bridge.

Very good point.

Quite often you hear the family / friends of those 'sick mass murderers' come out afterwards and say things to the effect of: 'he was acting out of character' - 'I would never have suspected he was capable of doing that' - 'I didn't see this coming. That is not the person we know' - etc.

We can see what happened above when I asked: "The "event" or the time MH370 departed from its flight plan, occurred in the few seconds after Zaharie released his mike after radioing “good night Malaysian Three Seven Zero” to Malaysian ATC at 1:19:29 and when he should have radioed "Malaysian Three Seven Zero" to Ho Chi Minh ATC on 120.9. This would normally take about two seconds, but he never checked in with HCMATC."

I would love to hear previous ATC recordings of Zaharie at ATC handovers to see just how long he usually takes to check-in with the next ATC, especially from any past KUL-PEK flights at the time of the Malaysia / Vietnam handover.

I would expect that the investigators have listened to past ATC recording of Zaharie at handovers.

And if Zaharie usually takes just a few seconds to get in contact with the next ATC then I find the odds of some kind of non-intentional event happening in those few seconds, that would result in MH370 going silent and missing, to be as close to zero as possible.

If Zaharie did not do it, then I believe that somebody else in the cockpit told him not to check-in - to keep silent - and then told the pilots what to do. The failed hi-jack scenario comes to mind. But I find it hard to believe that something non-intentional could have happened in those few seconds - unless the change of frequency set off some weird and unprecedented chain of electrical events - but I find that almost impossible to believe.

Quoting gzm (Reply 105):
777 Jet thank you for your reply but my post (99) was directed to nudiebranch. I thought it was not necessary to quote because it seemed I was immediately after him but your reply preceded mine... and you became their lawyer.

I did not become their lawyer. I stated the known and my reasons as to what could be seen as motive for the captain.

Quoting gzm (Reply 130):
If the captain had wanted to hijack his own plane he could have chosen any time he wanted. Why think it is more incriminating that it happened at that specific moment? I have never understood that.

There would have been no better time / area on that particular flight than at the very time / area MH370 actually went silent and turned around.

Quoting gzm (Reply 130):
No,such things do not happen.Have never happened.

They do. They have.

Whilst there is debate over Silk Air 185 and Egypt Air 990, there is no debate about Fed Ex 705.

Something pushed Auburn Calloway over the edge to the extent that he tried to hack three crew members to death on the route to suicide so his family (ex family) would get a life insurance payout.

Auburn Calloway was focused on achieveing something and almost did. Perhaps one of the MH370 pilots actually succeeded?

There is precedent for cockpit crew to do very, very nasty things.

What happened on Fed Ex 705 was disgusting.

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 134):
You missed one hilarious theory that someone had proposed and asked a question about "Could the pilot have pulled back on the stick and with full throttle power have caused the aircraft to climb into outer space".

Or the hilarious scenario that MH370 went in to the drink 'then and there'  
Quoting WingedMigrator (Reply 140):
Have the rogue pilot zealots considered that the same factor that caused the transponder signal to be discontinued might also have caused radio transmissions to be discontinued? How do they know with 100% certainty that the crew didn't attempt to declare an emergency?

Given that check-in with the next ATC often happens within a matter of seconds, I can't rule out that the frequency change caused some kind of weird and unprecedented electrical event in which everything else followed. Perhaps the frequency change sparked an electrical event? After all, it is just a frequency change between saying 'bye' to ATC A and 'hi' to ATC B.

What about the motives of the captain? If he was so in awe of martyrs why would he take the plane and disappear? Why not make a spectacle of it? Surely he wants to send a message?

The message would be 'the Malaysian government is so incompetent that they have no idea where a Malaysia 777 with 239 SOB is' - after all, the Malaysian government has handled MH370 very poorly and has shown that they are somewhat incompetent...

[Edited 2015-03-06 16:34:36]
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

RedChili

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:14 am

Quoting 747megatop (Reply 134):

I would call that theory a combination of "pilot error," "mechanical failure," and "supernatural cause." It would surely take all those three factors to combine to send the plane into outer space!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos