Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

petertenthije
Topic Author

No Food On Board KLM Due To Ammonia Leak.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Translated from Dutch:
http://nos.nl/artikel/2023370-geen-e...p-klm-vluchten-na-ammoniaklek.html

Due to an ammonia leak at KLM Catering the airline will not be able to serve food for the time being. The passengers are given cakes instead.

The leak affects European and intercontinental flights. All the food at the catering company has been destroyed. It is not yet known when catering services can resume. Passengers have been informed by KLM.

The ammonia leak happened late afternoon in a cooling installation. Four employees received care from ambulance personnel, but did not have to be taken to hospital. The leak has been removed.
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back!
Lord Flashheart, 1989

DocLightning

RE: No Food On Board KLM Due To Ammonia Leak.

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:55 pm

Wow, there will be some upset premium-class passengers, I'd bet. I wonder how quickly they'll be able to get their services back together.

What operational options does an airline have at a time like this? Can caterers at outstations double-cater flights?
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

karadion

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:50 pm

So buy your food prior to boarding the flight. First world problems, honestly.

kalvado

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Quoting Karadion (Reply 2):

For a 3-4 hour flights I would definitely agree with you. Something like 11 hours of AMS-LAX (plus border procedures) would make things more difficult. I just tried to think of some ready to eat food available at the airport and able to withstand 10 hours without refrigeration. Probably sweets are the only real option.

Cipango

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:13 pm

A person crying because their iPhone charger isn't long enough is a First Wold Problem (FWP).

A person not having food for a 12 hour flight is not a first world problem. What if you only have a 45 minute connection, no Euros on you etc. Its not the end of the world for Europe flights but I think it is a poor situation for long-haul.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

AR385

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Sure. Tell that to someone who paid 6,000 Euro for a C ticket AMS-MEX (about 11hrs) and they tell you meals are going to be peanuts and twinkies. First world problem? maybe. It´s still a lot of money you are being cheated out of if the airline does not refund a big portion of that C fare, or allows you to change flights if that works.

[Edited 2015-03-07 14:29:30]

gkirk

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:30 pm

Pot Noodles all round  
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

bgm

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:32 pm

I'm sure most Americans will eat the food, most of the processed food in this country contains ammonia anyway. 

ASFlyer

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Quoting Cipango (Reply 4):
A person not having food for a 12 hour flight is not a first world problem. What if you only have a 45 minute connection, no Euros on you etc. Its not the end of the world for Europe flights but I think it is a poor situation for long-haul.

It's a "poor situation" definitely, and one that may take some creative solutions to overcome, but definitely it IS a first world problem. Honestly, you can bring enough shelf stable snack food with you so you don't starve to death on a 12 hour flight. If you were forced to go without food for days I would say that then it becomes something other than a first world problem. All that said, it's still an issue - and I would say those that paid for a Business or First Class seat, even a coach seat on longer flights, probably deserve some compensation for not having a meal, given that meals are a feature of paying extra to sit in that compartment. If you still have access to a premier class boarding lounge, much larger seats with more personal space and service, complimentary premium alcohol and arrival services than you're still getting a large part of what you paid for so I think the meal services probably don't constitute a hefty compensation requirement. No doubt though, there will be those that will expect a good portion of their money back.

[Edited 2015-03-07 14:39:27]

kalvado

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:37 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 5):
someone who paid 6,000 Euro for a C ticket AMS-MEX

I wonder if a an extra bottle of champagne would be enough to quench those complains...

atcsundevil

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:58 pm

Is it just me, or does the thought of a planeload of people preparing MREs hilarious..?

ASFlyer

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 10):
Is it just me, or does the thought of a planeload of people preparing MREs hilarious..?

Hilarious and just a little bit scary. Self heating meals are not permitted on U.S. carriers due to the possibility of being a fire hazard. A fire at 35,000 feet is my worst nightmare.

petertenthije
Topic Author

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:25 pm

Would it be possible / allowed to use microwave meals from the local supermarket?
The first thing to remember is always treat your kite like you treat your woman.
Lord Flashheart, 1989

LTU932

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:37 pm

What about a temporary, alternate source for catering, like LSG or Gategourmet? At least a stopgap, until the inhouse catering is running again.

Besides, in that dry air, I don't mind if it's a (Euro) domestic flight, but I wouldn't want to sit for 9 hours in an aircraft, flying over the Atlantic, with nothing to drink. I could care less about the food and a snack would suffice for me, but last time I flew, my mouth became so dry, it felt like a cotton mouth. So I would hope, that for people who suffer from that like me, that there will be something to drink, even if it's just plain tap water in a bottle.

[Edited 2015-03-07 15:37:41]
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

WesternDC6B

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:44 pm

I was thinking of a possible solution but there may not be capacity. Competing airlines have been known to work with one another during emergencies. Ajax Airways has that spare Belchfire AB13B7a1 engine that Acne Airlines needs badly, and now. Ajax lends a hand and the details are worked out later.

Could not KLM approach, say, Lufthansa and other carriers, to get at least SOMETHING on their planes to tide things over? Sure, the meals may not be the right ones for first class or business, but at least it is something. That, along with an apology to the customers might go a long way except maybe with the crowd that is not happy unless it is complaining about something.
Never employ grandios verbiage when the utilisation of diminutive phraseology will suffice.

ikramerica

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:45 pm

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 8):
It's a "poor situation" definitely, and one that may take some creative solutions to overcome, but definitely it IS a first world problem.

I'm so tired of this. Yes, there are starving people in the world. But the reason the 1st world is the 1st world is because we have cultures where food is supposed to be plentiful and inexpensive so people can focus on more productive things. Having to worry about not eating is a HUMAN problem.

That said, KLM can solve this temporarily by buying food from the airport vendors for the premium classes, and ferrying in food from other cities and other vendors as well. Offering "cakes" is insulting on a 12 hour flights.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

ASFlyer

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:54 pm

Quoting ikramerica (Reply 15):
I'm so tired of this. Yes, there are starving people in the world. But the reason the 1st world is the 1st world is because we have cultures where food is supposed to be plentiful and inexpensive so people can focus on more productive things. Having to worry about not eating is a HUMAN problem.

That said, KLM can solve this temporarily by buying food from the airport vendors for the premium classes, and ferrying in food from other cities and other vendors as well. Offering "cakes" is insulting on a 12 hour flights.

I don't disagree, but you can't deny - this is a first world problem. While not optimal, shelf stable food would at least provide nourishment. A temporary inability to cater their airplanes isn't going to cause anyone to starve to death or end up in a hospital suffering from malnutrition. It's all about perspective. Yes, we are a first world country and are fortunate in that starvation and malnutrition are no widespread. It doesn't hurt to be reminded that it's possible to survive without filet mignon and lobster tails for a 12 hour flight. Or even a hot meal for that matter.

SCQ83

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:57 pm

KLM's new Marie Antoinette menu... "Let them eat cake".

Quoting petertenthije (Reply 12):
Would it be possible / allowed to use microwave meals from the local supermarket?

Maybe they can get some Kroketten at FEBO to carry onboard.

Quoting kalvado (Reply 3):
Something like 11 hours of AMS-LAX (plus border procedures) would make things more difficult. I just tried to think of some ready to eat food available at the airport and able to withstand 10 hours without refrigeration. Probably sweets are the only real option.

There are plenty of cold sandwiches, fruits and salads that will last for hours and even days at a standard temperature (both at AMS in March and inside the plane), and you can buy many of them at airports; they are probably tastier and I am for sure healthier than the average hot meal in an airplane.

WesternDC6B

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:04 am

Quoting ikramerica (Reply 15):
Offering "cakes" is insulting on a 12 hour flights.

"Let them eat cakes" as a solution may work for their sister carrier, however.     
Never employ grandios verbiage when the utilisation of diminutive phraseology will suffice.

AR385

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:56 am

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 16):
I don't disagree, but you can't deny - this is a first world problem. While not optimal, shelf stable food would at least provide nourishment.

I disagree. It´s not a first world problem or an X world problem. It´s a problem, period. It´s not an issue of not being able to live without filet mignon or lobster for 12 hrs. The issue is that you paid for something that now you will not be getting. Sure, I would not cancel my flight due to that, but I would certainly expect the airline to compensate me beyond a few miles on my account.

If your toilette at your house stops working, and you have dinner guests, on a Saturday, what X world problem is it? By your point of view it´s a first world problem, since many countries that I won´t mention so as not to offend anyone, don´t have the luxury of toilettes in their homes, some even nowhere near. They can´t even afford dinner for that matter, let alone with guests. Still I don´t think you would not go crazy trying to find a plumber that Saturday evening. And I´m sure that if you can´t fix it you would call off the event.

Or would you dig a hole in your garden (assuming you have one) and tell your guests to go there? After all folks, it´s a first world problem and here´s the TP.

Okie

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:19 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 1):
What operational options does an airline have at a time like this?

That one is simple Doc, they just leave the "fasten seat belt" illuminated for the 12 hr flight because of expected turbulence. No food or drinks to worry about.

Okie

ASFlyer

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:43 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 19):
I disagree. It´s not a first world problem or an X world problem. It´s a problem, period. It´s not an issue of not being able to live without filet mignon or lobster for 12 hrs. The issue is that you paid for something that now you will not be getting. Sure, I would not cancel my flight due to that, but I would certainly expect the airline to compensate me beyond a few miles on my account.

If your toilette at your house stops working, and you have dinner guests, on a Saturday, what X world problem is it? By your point of view it´s a first world problem, since many countries that I won´t mention so as not to offend anyone, don´t have the luxury of toilettes in their homes, some even nowhere near. They can´t even afford dinner for that matter, let alone with guests. Still I don´t think you would not go crazy trying to find a plumber that Saturday evening. And I´m sure that if you can´t fix it you would call off the event.

Or would you dig a hole in your garden (assuming you have one) and tell your guests to go there? After all folks, it´s a first world problem and here´s the TP.

apples and oranges... If the toilets on a plane weren't working I would say there's a bigger problem. You're talking about not having a hot meal on, in some cases, a longer flight. Not an inability to use the toilets. I say, while it's definitely not getting part of what you paid for, it's a small part and, in the context of bigger things, not a huge deal. Yes, I would agree, there should be some sort of compensation. We may disagree on how much because I think there are many aspects to a First/Business Class seat purchase - and, for the most part, when looking at all of the components of that purchase, I think the food is one part but not the largest part. In my opinion, I don't think anybody should get half the cost of their ticket back, but compensation is definitely in order. Even for those seated in coach, they should get some sort of compensation because, while the meal on board was most probably not a factor in their decision to purchase a ticket, it is an amenity that the airline provides and is, conceivably, included in the ticket cost. In any case, it's a problem, I'm not disputing that, I just don't think it's as big an issue as some are making it. Food is available in the terminals - nobody is going to starve.

hoons90

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:48 am

Are there any other airlines serving AMS affected by this? Does KLM cater for other airlines at AMS?
Flown: 2L 7C 9E 9L AA AB AC AF AY AZ BA BR BX B6 CA CO CP CX DL EK EY JL KE KL LA LH LX MQ NW OZ PD RW SQ TG TP TR TS US WG WN WS XE XJ

32andBelow

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:52 am

The flip side. If KLM cancelled the flights due to no catering people would absolutely go nuts.

Schweigend

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:53 am

Well, if the lavatories are inop, the flight is cancelled. IIRC, widebodies can be dispatched if, say, one is broken, but more than that -- CXL.

Also, if KL couldn't cater their normal meal services out of AMS, why not at least use some of the snackboxes that are ubiquitous for B.O.B. on U.S. domestic flights? Unless no one in Europe serves them....  
Quoting hoons90 (Reply 22):
Are there any other airlines serving AMS affected by this? Does KLM cater for other airlines at AMS?

Last time I was in AMS, I saw KLM Catering handling AF and DL flights, so I think those two would be affected. I don't know who else they cater at Schiphol, but they are the big dogs there.

United uses some other catering organization whose name I can't remember, and Lufthansa probably has LSG at AMS.

airbuseric

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:53 am

The article as per OP is clearly mentioning it only affects EUROPEAN flights. Intercontinental flights are being catered.

So it is not so bad as pointed out in the discussion above...
"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going"

Schweigend

Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:11 am

Quoting airbuseric (Reply 25):

Thanks for that -- I hadn't read the OP's linked article, but it does state (in Dutch) that Euro flights are affected by the leak, but that Intercont'l flights will have meals served. Standard meals or what, some packaged substitute? Unknown.

Quote:
Het lek heeft gevolgen voor Europese vluchten. Op intercontinentale vluchten kan wel eten worden opgediend.

I recall that after Hurricane Rita, CO's Chelsea kitchen at IAH was unable to serve its full meal complement for a couple of days, due to supply trucks not arriving. On a flight I took to LHR at that time in J, the salad was just iceberg lettuce, and the meal was basic prepackaged sandwiches and soup. The crew were apologetic, but we pax didn't mind -- we were glad the flight was operating!

ltbewr

Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:35 am

The Ammonia is likely from a major leak of a large refrigeration or freezer system at the caterer. Since the system has failed, all the food inside it has to be removed and thrown out, all the surfaces cleaned and the damaged/broken part of refrigeration system repaired. That could take a week or more, all new supplies would be needed.
Problem with alternative off-airport caterers include security, food health safety standards, sufficient quantities, the ability to offer special meals may be limited (although some come from outside caterers) and even basics like beverages and ice could be difficult to get. Best would be to make sure 1st/Biz get the best meals possible. For coach, offer vouchers for food post-security pre-flight or to take on with them.

JAGflyer

Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:35 am

The article as per OP is clearly mentioning it only affects EUROPEAN flights. Intercontinental flights are being catered.

I am guessing the issue is not the food used for European flights being contaminated but rather they are re-directing the food to the longer, intercontinental flights as they are longer and have higher paying premium cabin passengers. While I question if the food was genuinely contaminated, I suppose KLM is erring on the side of caution and not serving it.
If you flew today, thank a Flight Dispatcher!

N1120A

Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:55 am

I'm actually surprised airlines don't have contingencies in these situations. The odd flight not getting catered properly is one thing, but losing an entire catering operation should have a contingency in place.

On an intercon? Come on.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

Grummancat

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:15 am

I can't believe it took 25 replies for someone to point that out! I was about ready to type!

opethfan

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:16 am

If you are in a nation that is politically aligned with the Cold War-era United States, then any issue you have is, by definition, a "first world problem."

Homeless people in NYC? First world problem.

VimpelCom's LTE network isn't very fast in Moscow? Second world problem.

S75752

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:43 am

First world problems are a dumb thing to point out unless it's in jest, cause 90% of things are.

lijnden

Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:50 am

Maybe flying meals in from CDG and other close airports like LHR. (Virgin Atlantic food on KLM and Delta...)
Funny after the article today in the newspaper that af-kl is planning to drop catering all together. Sabotage?
Be kind to animals! Next trip: ORF-ATL-HND-ATL-ORF

AR385

Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:00 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 27):
all the food inside it has to be removed and thrown out,

I understand the legal aspect of that, but it´s shame. It should be donated to a shelter or some such.

I suppose if the issue only affects intraeurope, then it´s not that bad.

YYZAMS

Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:04 am

Calm down people! Intercontinental meals ARE BEING served not European/regional. Euro flights get a discount AND cookies or nuts...a taste of NA flights.  

link here:

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1012/Nederlan...-vluchten-KLM-na-ammoniaklek.dhtml

Don't you think KLM would offer something for not catering....for ex. points or meal voucher (which they did)

Why are some on these boards so vicious?

[Edited 2015-03-07 22:08:51]

jetwet1

Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:59 am

Nope, it's KL's problem.

Quoting kalvado (Reply 3):
For a 3-4 hour flights I would definitely agree with you. Something like 11 hours of AMS-LAX (plus border procedures) would make things more difficult. I just tried to think of some ready to eat food available at the airport and able to withstand 10 hours without refrigeration. Probably sweets are the only real option.

Agreed on the first part, the second becomes an issue, 10 hours with no food, or sugar rich foods and the plane will be diverting, nothing like having a diabetic trapped for that length of time with no food to cause medical issues.

Quoting Cipango (Reply 4):
Quoting AR385 (Reply 5):
Sure. Tell that to someone who paid 6,000 Euro for a C ticket AMS-MEX (about 11hrs) and they tell you meals are going to be peanuts and twinkies. First world problem? maybe. It´s still a lot of money you are being cheated out of if the airline does not refund a big portion of that C fare, or allows you to change flights if that works.

BA tried this when they had their catering issue back in, I want to say 2006, we were booked to fly LHR-LAX in club world, BA decided that handing out paperbags with a sandwich and a piece of fruit was going to work for them, I actually felt sorry for the gate agent, we ended up getting moved to an AA flight.

Quoting kalvado (Reply 9):
I wonder if a an extra bottle of champagne would be enough to quench those complains...

I'm going to go with no.

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 13):

What about a temporary, alternate source for catering, like LSG or Gategourmet? At least a stopgap, until the inhouse catering is running again.

That would be my first thought, you may take it in the pants costs wise short term, but it's better to do that than piss off a large percentage of your premium class fliers.

Faro

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:33 am

Quoting ASFlyer (Reply 21):
apples and oranges... If the toilets on a plane weren't working I would say there's a bigger problem. You're talking about not having a hot meal on, in some cases, a longer flight. Not an inability to use the toilets. I say, while it's definitely not getting part of what you paid for, it's a small part and, in the context of bigger things, not a huge deal.

Not the end of the world...an inconvenience yes, but if there *is* food on board in any other guise than a hot meal, then eat it. You'll arrive safely to your destination, get your compensation and move on to other things...far worse things can happen...

Faro
The chalice not my son

PanHAM

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:43 am

Quoting WesternDC6B (Reply 18):
Let them eat cakes" as a solution may work for their sister carrier, however.

I'd be careful with such exclamations, you know what happened to marie Antionatte......

Quoting AR385 (Reply 34):
I understand the legal aspect of that, but it´s shame. It should be donated to a shelter or some such

It may be called a first world Problem, but inedibe Food is inedible Food, not fir for human consumptions. Since homeless are humans as well, it cannot be given to shelters, it must be destroyed.

BA had a stroke Problem a couple of years ago and they offered packaged Food at the executive Club Lounges. Don't know however how they compensated Y passengers.

What KL should do here ois give vouchers to passengers to compensate.
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

factsonly

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:46 am

KLM Newsroom @KLM_press · 09.00 hours Sunday 8 March 2015

The KLM catering incident of yesterday evening has been solved.

All KLM flights will be catered normally as off this morning.

So problem solved!

Glareskin

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:51 am

Juts to put things in perspective again.
It was only on European flights and they are serving normal again since 7 a.m. this Sunday.
There's still a long way to go before all the alliances deserve a star...

Cipango

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:14 am

"The whole world steps aside for the man who knows where he is going"

I am 100% sure that it said "European and Intercontinental flights are affected". It must have been changed since yesterday.
Let's fly! Unless it's on a CRJ 200, then I'll stay down here.

petertenthije
Topic Author

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:34 am

When I wrote rhe original post the NOS article I linked to said that intercontinental flights where also affected. Clearly KLM found a (partial) solution.

Edited to add: or the NOS were exagerrating... but of course a media outlet would never do so  Wink

[Edited 2015-03-08 01:38:23]
Lord Flashheart, 1989

AR385

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:49 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 38):
but inedibe Food is inedible Food, not fir for human consumptions

I understand. But sometimes inedible food is inedible because of regulations but not really inedible per se. What I mean is that if it´s inedible due to a certain regulation but still fit for human consumption, I have a hard time thinking it will be thrown away. Of course, I am not advocating giving ammonia contaminated food to the needy.

PanHAM

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:54 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 43):

I understand. But sometimes inedible food is inedible because of regulations but not really inedible per se. What I mean is that if it´s inedible due to a certain regulation but still fit for human consumption, I have a hard time thinking it will be thrown away. Of course, I am not advocating giving ammonia contaminated food to the needy.

That Regulation can be explained with two words. "product liability". If someone gets sick from eating such Food, KLM and their caterers would have a hard time fighting all those legal battles.

Besides, we are talking about 10s of thousands Food packages even for short / medium haul flights. That would exceed the capacity of help organisations and there would not be enough needy People around Thanks fot first world living. .,
Was Erlauben Erdogan!!!

AR385

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:05 am

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 44):
If someone gets sick from eating such Food, KLM and their caterers would have a hard time fighting all those legal battles.

Yes, yes. I understand all that. I agree with you. I just find it difficult in an emotional way to see all that food go to waste. I am not disputing what you say. I still think it is a shame.

fallap

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:11 am

Let them eat cake
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/98/Marie-Antoinette%2C_1775_-_Mus%C3%A9e_Antoine_L%C3%A9cuyer.jpg/800px-Marie-Antoinette%2C_1775_-_Mus%C3%A9e_Antoine_L%C3%A9cuyer.jpg
Ex grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M
Now studying Political Science

madmouse

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:44 pm

Regarding this problem, don't forget that KLM is not the only catering company @ Schiphol, and I guess they could have contacted
AF to help them out.

Also I wonder If they were not only airlines who suffered from this problem. I mean is KL catering only catering KLM. Not AF
or other airlines. ?

Btw Near the catering facilities of KLM only a mile down the road from KLM catering is another catering company who used to
cater transavia (the daughter company of KLM). So I guess they had options.

tff

Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Five years ago or so, there was a strike of the catering provider of CO at LIS. The ground staff failed to warn pax at check-in or at gate and therefore no-one brought food onboard. Pretzels were served in Y for an 8h flight (LIS-EWR). Apart from an apology, no compensation (at all) was provided afterwards by customer service.
Remove before flight

eastern747

Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:22 pm

The simple fix is to double cater the inbound flight via the cargo hold and dry ice. May not be full service, but better than nothing.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos