Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

allrite
Topic Author

Australian Aviation Thread Part 117

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:59 am

The City of Canberra is now located in Wollongong. This means Joe doesn't have to see windmills when he drives there and can elect to go past coal mines.

Elsewhere in thread 116 we discussed:

* Fixing Virgin Australia International - where should the 777s and TT fly?
* Avalon Airshow
* SFO or LAS as destinations from Australia
* Qantas to YVR
* RAAF MRTT at SYD international
* JetGo: BNE-TMW
* REX financial results
* Fly Pelican to commence NTL-CBR in April
* Virgin Australia to remove Saver Lite fares
* Virgin Australia to use A330 to Fiji, SYD-MEL
* Impact of executions on Bali tourism?
* Indonesia AirAsia receives CASA approval for DPS-MEL
* VH-OJA flies to Wollongong
* When did the curfew start at SYD?
* Curfew to come to PER?
* QF to fly 717 SYD-OOL once a week
* 717, E190 and other ops in WA
* Badgery's Creek progress
* Parramatta Council calls for no-fly zone over the CBD there.

Now that foundation of online infrastructure is completed let's keep building the discussion...
I like artificial banana essence!

allrite
Topic Author

RE: Australian Aviation Thread Part 117

Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:29 am

Two articles in the SMH: interview with Tony Fernandes where he complains about airport charges in Australia, discusses the Indonesian AirAsia accident and the AirAsiaX flight delay to Bali (CASA wanted a letter from the Europeans), says they need the second flight to Sydney

Quote:
Mr Fernandes also raised the possibility of flying on the trans-Tasman route, which is hotly contested by Air New Zealand, Virgin, Qantas Airways, Jetstar, Emirates, LAN and China Airlines.

"I hope it will be done this year," he said of flights between Australia and New Zealand.

AirAsia X also plans to return to the Kuala Lumpur-London market, with Mr Fernandes saying that was likely next year when it received A330 aircraft that would allow for a higher maximum take-off weight. New routes to France and Germany are also being considered, and Mr Fernandes said he "absolutely" would be targeting easy connections with Australian flights.

Honestly, the only way I seem them competing is with the lowest fares, plus maybe some regional connectivity from Malaysia. And yes I've flown them.

allrite
Topic Author

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:10 am

Meanwhile, AirAsiaX is coming under fire for its slow refund for the cancelled Adelaide service.

Maybe to take a quote from an entirely unrelated Malaysian control tower recording:

Quote:
"Aaaa … never mind laa I wake up my supervisor and ask him to check again, to go to the room and check what the last contact … all this thing laa,"

TruemanQLD

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:10 am

Quoting allrite (Reply 1):

I don't know what routes he proposes to serve that aren't already saturated on the Oz-NZ market. SYD-AKL is pretty full with CI and JQ taking the lowest paying passengers, similarly SYD-CHC. MEL routes may be the only ones possible, and only then because they don't already have CI taking the lowest yielding passengers. I don't know much about the OOL-AKL market, but it is currently 3x daily most days, and OOL-CHC has 5 services a week in total. Don't really know if its a market able to accommodate an A330 tag on from the KUL service.

allrite
Topic Author

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:23 am

Quoting TruemanQLD (Reply 3):
I don't know what routes he proposes to serve that aren't already saturated on the Oz-NZ market.

The only thing I can think of is that they might be able to fill up the aircraft with more through passengers, enabling them to service the NZ market as well as Australia without requiring a dedicated direct flight. But this will surely impact aircraft utilisation as well as adding in extra airport costs.

qf789

Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:04 am

Quoting allrite (Reply 1):

As much as I respect Fernandes on how he has transformed and grown the AirAsia group over the years I find his comparison of airport fees to be unfair.

Quote:

Speaking in Sydney on Thursday, the flamboyant entrepreneur and founder of Asia's largest budget airline group said airport charges and taxes here were "very, very high" at $67 a passenger, which in some cases were more than half the cost of a fare. In contrast, AirAsia paid on average about $US10 ($13) in other parts of the world.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/airas...20150312-141qxn.html#ixzz3U9Dgw2mO

Comparing the cost to Asian airports raises several issues:

1. Australia is a 1st world country and he would be comparing SYD costs to an airport in a 3rd word country.
2. In Australia we have lots of rules and regulations (for good reasons) where as in other countries they fly do these same rules and regulations don't exist and as a result these rules and regulations increase the cost of business which needs to be passed on.
3. Our cost of living is extremely higher that other countries and of course we earn more in our pay packets as well.
4. Tourists decide to come to Australia because they want to visit Australia whether it be for the weather, beaches, the sights etc not how much airport fees and taxes cost
Forum Moderator

allrite
Topic Author

Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:25 am

Quoting qf789 (Reply 5):
As much as I respect Fernandes on how he has transformed and grown the AirAsia group over the years I find his comparison of airport fees to be unfair.

I'm not sure what the breakdown is but quarantine and immigration costs for processing international travellers is likely to be higher than Asian countries. So is the national cost for agricultural diseases and pests. Also the CEO's of our major airports surely need lots of monetary compensation for their super hard work.  

But this is a standard LCC tactic in the hope of haggling down charges.

Unclekoru

Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:45 am

Question for any of the QF experts out there: Do QF use any of the A330-200s listed in the seat map section of their website as domestic on international flighs to Asia or do they only use the four machines listed under the international configuration. I ask as I'm looking at a seat map for an upcoming trip that's showing a single cabin with six rows of six in it, This is making me a little nervous...
It sounds like english, but I can't understand a word you're saying

qf789

Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:47 am

Ok we know the greens are off this planet when it comes to things that come out of the mouth but this takes the cake.

Greens propose Sydney airport shutdown and move it to, well they don't know

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/video/w...s-propose-sydney-airport-shutdown/
Forum Moderator

PoleHillSid

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:04 am

Quoting qf789 (Reply 8):
Ok we know the greens are off this planet when it comes to things that come out of the mouth but this takes the cake.

Greens propose Sydney airport shutdown and move it to, well they don't know

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/video/w...s-propose-sydney-airport-shutdown/

Ha ha, brilliant. Sounds like the Boris Johnson tactic; make wildly unfulfillable promises in order to win votes and seats in areas close to the airport flight path.

Clearly not thought out if they have no idea where to move it to. Even the transport minister had to check it.

EK413

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:54 am

Quoting allrite (Thread starter):

Thankyou for the summary  
Quoting Unclekoru (Reply 7):
Question for any of the QF experts out there: Do QF use any of the A330-200s listed in the seat map section of their website as domestic on international flighs to Asia or do they only use the four machines listed under the international configuration. I ask as I'm looking at a seat map for an upcoming trip that's showing a single cabin with six rows of six in it, This is making me a little nervous...

The Domestic configure A332's from time to time make there way onto the International schedule, however this is rare. I believe -EBM is schedule to operate a PER-AKL service soon.
Hope this is the details you wanted or didn't want to hear 

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

Flyingsottsman

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:03 am

Quoting qf789 (Reply 8):

I said it in the last Australian Aviation Thread, Christine Milne and her stupid little girlfriend Sarah Hanson Young would Cripple Sydney Airport if they got their way. What do they think you can just shut an international airport with a click of your fingers, I wish Australia would tell them to take a running jump!!!!!

TruemanQLD

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:22 am

Quoting http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/aviation/two-queensland-airports-in-skytrax-worlds-top-50-20150312-142di3.html:

Queensland has two airports in the world's top 50, according to the latest Skytrax World Airport Awards announced in Paris overnight.
Brisbane Airport was rated 20th in the list of the world's top 100 airports and best in Australia, ahead of Sydney (21st), Melbourne (24th), the Gold Coast (42nd), Adelaide (66th) and Perth (76th).
Singapore's Changi Airport maintained its position at the top of the pile, followed by Incheon, Munich, Hong Kong and Tokyo Haneda in the top five.
Gold Coast placed 42nd as Best Regional Airport Australia/Pacific in the Skytrax World Airport Awards.
The awards also named Brisbane Airport the third-best airport servicing between 20 million and 30 million, beaten by Zurich and Copenhagen, and as having the best staff in the Australia-Pacific region.

Gold Coast Airport, meanwhile, was rated the ninth-best regional airport in the world and the best regional in the Australia-Pacific region.

While the merits of Skytrax can be debated, it is still worthy of some recognition. Brisbane has been named best airport in Australia (at world #20, Sydney #21) and best staff in the Australia-Pacific Region. Brisbane Airport (and BAC) have been making lots of positive improvements lately, such as the new International redevelopment - which looks fantastic, and from the beginning of this month, making the inter-terminal transfer bus free for everyone.

Quoting Flyingsottsman:
I said it in the last Australian Aviation Thread, Christine Milne and her stupid little girlfriend Sarah Hanson Young would Cripple Sydney Airport if they got their way. What do they think you can just shut an international airport with a click of your fingers, I wish Australia would tell them to take a running jump!!!!!

Its so fortunate that the two major parties up until now have always been so willing to help SYD grow into the first-world high capacity airport it should be to serve Australia's largest city, rather than crippling it with curfews and movements caps  

Let us not also forget how the two major parties have both been so helpful in getting a new Sydney Airport up and running to relieve the stress they have caused on the existing one! Oh wait...

But no, no, you are right, its the Greens that will cripple Sydney Airport!

allrite
Topic Author

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Quoting polehillsid (Reply 9):
Ha ha, brilliant. Sounds like the Boris Johnson tactic; make wildly unfulfillable promises in order to win votes and seats in areas close to the airport flight path.

Sorry, are you talking about the Greens or the government when it comes to promises? I'm confused.   Surely when Badgery's Creek is up and running there will be definitely non-Green developers calling and offering "incentives" for the current airport to be closed, as some here have argued before.

Back to aviation and a question: I'm (assuming no cancellations again) flying a domestic leg between SYD and MEL's international terminals and returning through said terminals a couple of hours later - a 787 experience with JQ. Do you think there would be any issues if I just stay airside in MEL and board the aircraft back or should I have to go out through immigration and back in?

Flyingsottsman

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:34 pm

Quoting allrite (Reply 13):
Do you think there would be any issues if I just stay airside in MEL and board the aircraft back or should I have to go out through immigration and back in?

I don't think you will have any issues if you stay airside, not quite sure if you clear customs and walk out through the doors, because at Melbourne when you enter immigration you enter on the upstairs of the terminal, when you leave customs at Melbourne you come through the doors on the ground floor if that makes any sense.

Speaking of Badgerys Creek it seems to have gone quiet again what is the latest on a possible 2nd airport for Sydney in that area and has there been any opposition to it being built if it ever gets built?

Flyingsottsman

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:43 pm

Quoting polehillsid (Reply 9):
Clearly not thought out if they have no idea where to move it to. Even the transport minister had to check it.

I often wounder if they realise just how stupid they make themselves look and sound when they come up with these hair brain ideas, Chrissie and Sarah must be supplying them with some good mind bending drugs from Canberra.

Flyingsottsman

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Has QF started their SYD to Tokyo Haneda services yet, haven't heard anything about that flight yet ?

allrite
Topic Author

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:53 pm

Quoting Flyingsottsman (Reply 14):
I don't think you will have any issues if you stay airside,

Thanks. I can always check with staff on the day.

Quoting Flyingsottsman (Reply 16):
Has QF started their SYD to Tokyo Haneda services yet, haven't heard anything about that flight yet ?
Flights should start from August 1st.

Quoting Flyingsottsman (Reply 15):
I often wounder if they realise just how stupid they make themselves look and sound when they come up with these hair brain ideas

Admitting my own guilt in this, but perhaps we should drop the partisan politics from the thread before we lose the aviation focus and risk thread deletion.

Flyingsottsman

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Quoting allrite (Reply 17):
Admitting my own guilt in this, but perhaps we should drop the partisan politics from the thread before we lose the aviation focus and risk thread deletion.

Yeah I agree with you I had my little rant they just me sooooooo angry, but back to the thing we love the most civil aviation.

pugsley

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:52 pm

Quote:
Do you think there would be any issues if I just stay airside in MEL and board the aircraft back or should I have to go out through immigration and back in?

I don't think you will have any issues if you stay airside, not quite sure if you clear customs and walk out through the doors, because at Melbourne when you enter immigration you enter on the upstairs of the terminal, when you leave customs at Melbourne you come through the doors on the ground floor if that makes any sense.

Just make sure that your return boarding pass has the appropriate "d" sticker placed on it and all should be ok. However Id prepare for the answer you need to leave and return. Last time I did this, imigration in MEL dated and stamped the boarding pass, SYD then also stamped the boarding pass and signed it, this was then collected as we left.
A319/320/321, A332/3, A343, A359, A388, AT7, BAe146, B717, B733/4/5/G/H/9, B743/4/4ER, B762/3, B772/3, B788/9, Dash8, ERJ135, ERJ170/175

747m8te

Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:02 pm

Quoting pugsley (Reply 19):
Just make sure that your return boarding pass has the appropriate "d" sticker placed on it and all should be ok. However Id prepare for the answer you need to leave and return. Last time I did this, imigration in MEL dated and stamped the boarding pass, SYD then also stamped the boarding pass and signed it, this was then collected as we left.

Correct! The Domestic 'D' sticker would need to be stamped by outwards immigration in MEL, they need to know for that particular leg that you had indeed entered domestically in MEL, the sticker alone won't prove anything without the stamp on it.
Flown on:
DHC8Q200,DHC8Q300,DHC8Q400, EMB145,E170,E175,E190, A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A380, MD80, B712,B733,B734,B737,B738,B743,B744,B744ER,B762,B763,B77W

6thfreedom

Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:35 pm

Quoting qf789 (Reply 5):
Speaking in Sydney on Thursday, the flamboyant entrepreneur and founder of Asia's largest budget airline group said airport charges and taxes here were "very, very high" at $67 a passenger, which in some cases were more than half the cost of a fare. In contrast, AirAsia paid on average about $US10 ($13) in other parts of the world.

Perhaps he should highlight that of the $67 quoted, $55 is the Government's passenger movement charge, which has nothing to do with airports.... which suggests an average airport charge of $12 per passenger.

this, compared to the USD$30 entry visa to Bali and the 150,000 RP ($15?) departure tax... which i think also works out roughly to $60 per passenger.

smoke and mirrors??

qfvhoqa

Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:52 pm

Back to aviation and a question: I'm (assuming no cancellations again) flying a domestic leg between SYD and MEL's international terminals and returning through said terminals a couple of hours later - a 787 experience with JQ. Do you think there would be any issues if I just stay airside in MEL and board the aircraft back or should I have to go out through immigration and back in?

Immigration at MEL will be expecting you to exit, as either JQ or immigration at SYD will advise them of the domestic pax. If you do a no show at MEL immigration and just turn around back to SYD, immigration will get snarky.

I believe if you inform immigration at SYD that you will not be exiting at MEL and show your return boarding pass, you will be ok.

777Jet

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:42 pm

The City of Canberra is now located in Wollongong.

Now I don't have to drive as far to visit Canberra  
Quoting qf789 (Reply 5):

I feel that there is a good chance that AirAsiaX will operate from Sydney's second airport in regards to our discussion in the last thread about potential international operators at Badgery's Creek - $$$  
Quoting qf789 (Reply 5):
Comparing the cost to Asian airports raises several issues:

1. Australia is a 1st world country and he would be comparing SYD costs to an airport in a 3rd word country.

But SYD is not a 1st world airport IMHO. Sorry, I couldn't resist  SYD is improving, and has improved a lot, but it's not quite there. Now, when I land in BKK I feel that I have arrived in a first world country / airport despite Thailand not being a first world country   

Quoting Flyingsottsman (Reply 11):
Christine Milne and her stupid little girlfriend Sarah Hanson Young would Cripple Sydney Airport if they got their way.

And if plenty of people got their way they would do the same to them  

[Edited 2015-03-12 16:47:24]
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

allrite
Topic Author

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:57 pm

Quoting pugsley (Reply 19):
Quoting 747m8te (Reply 20):
Quoting qfvhoqa (Reply 22):

Thanks all for your advice! I'll see how communications goes and take it from there.

Quoting 6thfreedom (Reply 21):
Perhaps he should highlight that of the $67 quoted, $55 is the Government's passenger movement charge, which has nothing to do with airports.... which suggests an average airport charge of $12 per passenger.

this, compared to the USD$30 entry visa to Bali and the 150,000 RP ($15?) departure tax... which i think also works out roughly to $60 per passenger.

smoke and mirrors??

Good point! Standard modern leadership technique - never take responsibility and when in trouble blame somebody/something else. That's why they get paid the big bucks.   I can kind of understand the issue of the fees in a dense high frequency environment like SE Asia with short flight times and even more so in regions with many airport options and good local transport. Lower charges can stimulate much more demand and there's greater potential for volume increases to balance the reduced fees. But a flight from Asia to Australia's Eastern seaboard is a major undertaking. I suspect that $33 extra on a ticket (if we halve the costs) would mainly affect potential passenger decision making on short haul and the very low cost airlines and is unlikely to make up for the shortfall in revenue.

Unclekoru

Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:32 am

Quoting EK413,reply=:

The Domestic configure A332's from time to time make there way onto the International schedule, however this is rare. I believe -EBM is schedule to operate a PER-AKL service soon.

EK413

Thanks for the respone EK413, kinda what I was fearing!

a320fan

Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:40 am

Quoting Unclekoru (Reply 25):

Quoting EK413,reply=:

EK413

I presume you are in J? If so I'm sorry, the domestic J on the 330's is a joke and I couldn't help but laugh and be thankful I wasn't paying for it when I saw it. In Y however they are totally up to international standard and was very comfortable.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400

RyanairGuru

Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:24 am

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 23):

Now I don't have to drive as far to go to the beach 

And to make a quick correction, if I may, from the last thread:

Quoting allrite:
the height of a phallic symbol is frequently inversely related to the relative importance of the location that it is built in

I hate to quibble, but I find the height to often be inversely related to the man who designed it  
Worked Hard, Flew Right

777Jet

Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:52 am

Quoting RyanairGuru (Reply 27):
Quoting 777Jet (Reply 23):

Now I don't have to drive as far to go to the beach

That's a great way to look at it!

Surf's up near Canberra now  
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

TN486

Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:30 am

More quality stuff from QF. https://destination.qantaspoints.com/byronbay
remember the t shirt "I own an airline"on the front - "qantas" on the back

Unclekoru

Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:24 am

Quoting a320fan (Reply 26):

Quoting Unclekoru (Reply 25):

Quoting EK413,reply=:

EK413

I presume you are in J? If so I'm sorry, the domestic J on the 330's is a joke and I couldn't help but laugh and be thankful I wasn't paying for it when I saw it. In Y however they are totally up to international standard and was very comfortable.

Yes, in J. Not enough to put me off Qantas although if they made a habit of it... QF is still the class act in this part of the world in my opinion. Much better than NZ, VA or FJ in all classes.

RyanairGuru

Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:29 am

Quoting TN486 (Reply 29):

That is exceptional marketing. I'm speechless.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

VA82

Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:47 am

Quoting TN486 (Reply 29):

More quality stuff from QF. https://destination.qantaspoints.com/byronbay

While slightly off topic, the new Expedia ad is also fantastic, makes me want to book a one way ticket any where...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucyNM79Sjuk

XAM2175

Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:08 am

VH-OEH has just performed the QF Grand Prix flyover, looking absolutely splendid. Very gratifying that they chose to send a 744 instead of an A380, and certainly an improvement on last year's rather anticlimactic A332.

qf2220

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:03 am

Quoting XAM2175 (Reply 33):

There is of course a safety question but how would a flight of say 3 738s look doing some sort of demonstration/formation flight? Triple simultaneous barrel roll anyone?

TruemanQLD

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 am

Quoting QF2220 (Reply 34):
There is of course a safety question but how would a flight of say 3 738s look doing some sort of demonstration/formation flight? Triple simultaneous barrel roll anyone?

Even better - 3 A380's doing a formation flight. Maybe a QF leading followed by an EK and a BA (or any other A380 operator of your choosing). That a would fly around the world to see.

ZK-NBT

Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:22 am

Quoting TruemanQLD (Reply 35):

Even better - 3 A380's doing a formation flight. Maybe a QF leading followed by an EK and a BA (or any other A380 operator of your choosing). That a would fly around the world to see.

Why would EK and BA be involved when its a QF sponsored event?

JQflightie

Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:23 am

Quoting EK413 (Reply 10):

YES...... EBN operated PER-AKL Friday and today..... I'm now at home with my feet up....
When is my next holiday?

777Jet

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:08 am

VH-OEH has just performed the QF Grand Prix flyover, looking absolutely splendid. Very gratifying that they chose to send a 744 instead of an A380, and certainly an improvement on last year's rather anticlimactic A332.

Agreed.

I think the mighty 744 is the best choice for such and event, followed closely by the massive A380 of course.

No other type in the QF fleet is appropriate for that particular occasion IMHO & the 332 they used last time was a massive let down IMHO.   

TruemanQLD

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:11 am

Quoting ZK-NBT (Reply 36):

I don't know but a man can dream!

Gemuser

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:13 am

Quoting TruemanQLD (Reply 39):

Why not? They are QFs partners.

Gemuser
DC23468910;B72172273373G73873H74374475275376377L77W;A319 320321332333343;BAe146;C402;DHC6;F27;L188;MD80MD85

EK413

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:18 am

& what an amazing site!

Quoting TruemanQLD (Reply 35):

My thoughts exactly  
Quoting JQflightie (Reply 37):
YES...... EBN operated PER-AKL Friday and today.....

i wasn't far off the mark I said -EBM  

EK413

ZK-NBT

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:25 am

Quoting TruemanQLD (Reply 39):

Fair enough, I'd love to see it!

Quoting gemuser (Reply 40):

Why not? They are QFs partners.

For a flyover though of the Qantas Australian Grand Prix? It's not the EK or BA Grand Prix, maybe a technicality but I'd say not allowed?!

EK413

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:51 am

In regard to flyover I'd say a lineup of the QFLink / Mainline fleet in formation would've been an impressive sighting but highly doubt it! Just picture a Q400 followed by B717 followed by B738 followed by A330 followed by B744 only to be followed by the mighty flying whale A380  

EK413

TruemanQLD

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:58 am

Quoting EK413 (Reply 43):
n regard to flyover I'd say a lineup of the QFLink / Mainline fleet in formation would've been an impressive sighting but highly doubt it! Just picture a Q400 followed by B717 followed by B738 followed by A330 followed by B744 only to be followed by the mighty flying whale A380  

Why exclude the Q200, Q300 and F100?   Probably quite an expensive exercise but only 5 years until the 100 year anniversary so you never know

allrite
Topic Author

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:07 am

Can't remember if it was reported before: Rex pilots mistake coal loader for runway.

SYDSpotter

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:28 am

Quoting TruemanQLD (Reply 44):
Why exclude the Q200, Q300 and F100? Probably quite an expensive exercise but only 5 years until the 100 year anniversary so you never know

Well you may as well go all out and include all aircraft subtypes and subsidiaries:

JQ A320/A321/787

Also you would have both the A330-200 and A330-300 as well (and don't forget both the 744 and 744ER)  
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

Bluebird191

Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:35 am

Does anyone know how set in stone QF's aircraft schedules are on the domestic side? Although I have contacts within QF, they have their standard spiel of "aircraft are subject to last minute changes" as a majority of the are calo centee based, In saying that, I'm booked onto QF503 in 5 weeks in an attempt to snag a ride on the A330-200 for the first time (have done the A333 twice but not the smaller brother as yet) - I've had QF downgauge me twice from the 763 to 737's, so being 5 weeks out, does the aircraft scheduling allow for any changes between now and then or is it starting to be more concrete on the domestic side?

XAM2175

Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:43 pm

Quoting 777Jet (Reply 38):
the mighty 744

Mighty indeed... had rather a good view from my balcony   

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7612/16201383203_c43b335ef3_c.jpg

allrite
Topic Author

Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Looks like we'll be on tenterhooks a while longer...

Quote:
Qantas has presented an ambitious time-frame of just four months to seal a deal with its long-haul pilots for a new four-year wage agreement that will include pay and conditions for those flying Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft.

The airline wants productivity gains from the pilots who will eventually fly the yet-to-be purchased aircraft, to be included in the new enterprise agreement, which covers about 1700 staff. The company is also seeking an 18-month wage freeze to be part of what is one of its flagship labour deals.

In an unusual move, negotiators from the Australian and International Pilots' Association have signed a confidentiality agreement that prevents them from talking about the commercially sensitive aspects of a business case for new aircraft such as the next-generation 787-9.

Source: Sydney Morning Herald

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos