Eagleboy

RE: Ryanair Board Approves Plans Transatlantic Service

Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Quoting Phillyramp270 (Reply 5):
They currently have an all Boeing to fleet! Why deviate from that

The TATL operation will be seperate to their existing operation so no issue with haveing 2 manufacturer's

Quoting Phillyramp270 (Reply 2):
Here comes the 20 787 orders

Approving the plan is quite different to actually implementing it.

MoL has stated they will start with 20-30 modern fuel efficient widebodies and that they will make big order when aircraft demand drops.

jacksanderson

Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:48 pm

737-8ERX launch customer.  

ridgid727

Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Quoting Phillyramp270 (Reply 18):
LAS
LAX
JFK
SFO... Highly doubtful
PHL... Highly doubtful considering AA/US Ireland flights
MIA.. Eh.. Maybe
DEN...???

But yeah... First 3 for the win

Knowing FR, JFK will probably be CMH and passed off as NYC, and LAS will be TIJ passed off as LAS.

Boeing744

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Any love for Canada? I guess our high landing fees and taxes could easily scare Ryanair away.

Quoting NYC-air (Reply 38):

STN - BTV . . . BTV has accepted intl arrivals from Porter so I assume it could accept a slightly larger arrival as well. VT has a sophisticated population that likes to travel to Europe, not to mention the fact that it's also a reliever for Montreal and can siphon northern Englanders who currently drive to BOS. Lastly, it's not unusual to run into English tourists in VT.

Maybe BTV-BVA for the massive Montreal-Paris market! (I'm only half kidding).

aviationaware

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:05 pm

Now hold your breath for a nice A330neo order.

PlymSpotter

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:10 pm

Quoting frostyj (Reply 25):
Why on earth would they pick Manchester when Dublin is a base with pre clearance?

Please be realistic and not pick something you wish to have.

Ummm... perhaps because (when being realistic) you see that MAN's catchment area is four times the entire population of Ireland and Northern Ireland combined. Pre-clearance is a nicety, but it is by no means everything, especially for a low cost operation.

Dan  
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

cougar15

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Quoting frostyj (Reply 41):
Oh yes its great I will have even more choice on routes to America!! It is also going to push prices down.
Quoting airmailer (Reply 45):
Wow. As a US consumer/traveler I LOVE this News!!

and the US3 will have another marvelous reason to squeeze Service Levels a little further, ... ´being forced to compete with the LCC Onslaught´ as an excuse!
I agree with the Posters above! Mr.Anderson, you recon the ME3 are an issue, well... wait till ya get to to meet MoL and his ideas Dick, sorry Richard!
good on FR.... good for consumer choice!
some you lose, others you can´t win!

runningonempty

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Everyone's forgetting the better nyc outskirts airport. ISP. They could do Dublin with the preclearance

SelseyBill

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Quoting kl911 (Thread starter):
The board of Ryanair Holdings PLC has approved plans to start offering a transatlantic service as part of the growth strategy for the low-cost carrier over the next five years, the Financial Times reported on Monday

I also read into this announcement that the FR board and MOL have finally given up on their EI involvement and have agreed to sell all or most of their EI stake to IAG.

Assuming WW has sorted out any lingering niggles with the GoI, I expect to hear soon that the IAG takeover of EI has been finalised.

Let battle commence. Lets see what BA/IAG/EI can do with a 4 year head start on FR.

PlymSpotter

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 pm

Before people get too carried away with the idea of preclearance, consider that it isn't free. Airlines using it are liable for the cost difference between it and clearing passengers on arrival in the US as normal. Now I've never needed to look into this, so I am not aware of the exact costs involved, but even a few percent extra costs are not going to be appealing to a LCC operation where price is the driving factor, not desirability.

Dan  

[Edited 2015-03-16 12:44:08]

flyingcello

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Ideal aircraft for this FR venture? Surely the 763ER...cheap to buy, and easy to maintain. And available when they want them...

TheRedBaron

Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:49 pm

I guess the cramped 737 concept is a no go with long flights over 5 hours, how dense are they going to configure and how low on price are the main (apart from location of destiny) questions.

Plenty of cheap tickets can be had for TATL ops, what price will make you consider a no frill flight? 350 US$ round ticket?

I wonder....

TRB
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

Flaps

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:22 pm

The bigger question will be when will FR start taking EK's used 380s and start running them up against the ME3?

frostyj

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:29 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 55):

Why then does Dublin have more transatlantic passengers????

http://m.independent.ie/life/travel/...ransatlantic-traffic-30900426.html

[Edited 2015-03-16 13:35:17]
[url=http://m.maploco.com/details/5f34zxvq][img]http://www.maploco.com/vmap/s/8395334.png[/img][/url]

ytz

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Quoting flyingcaT (Reply 22):
If the ME3 are responsible for 9/11 what will DL pin on FR ?

The IRA Troubles.....

Why on earth would they pick Manchester when Dublin is a base with pre clearance?

Wrong Manchester.

Quoting kaitak (Reply 34):
but when you are looking at 7-10h, then it's another thing.
Quoting RWA380 (Reply 39):
But 10 hours to ONT in a typical FR layout would likely mean some frayed nerves by the end of the flights.

Would it? Air Canada has the exact same offering on Air Canada Rouge (17" wide seats and 30" pitch). And they can do TATL with that. Why would FR fair worse?

The North American legacies are all offering 17" wide seats and 31" pitch on all their newer aircraft. In other words, as far as the Y pax is concerned, the difference between FR and all the legacy carriers is minimal.

frostyj

Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Quoting TheRedBaron (Reply 61):

Well you can fly to America for £300 so cheap for me is £200 return. 737 Max will make it from Ireland which is where it will be coming from.
[url=http://m.maploco.com/details/5f34zxvq][img]http://www.maploco.com/vmap/s/8395334.png[/img][/url]

PlymSpotter

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Quoting frostyj (Reply 63):
Why then does Dublin have more transatlantic passengers????

http://m.independent.ie/life/travel/....html

As your own article points out, EI is really beginning to capitalise on transfer traffic, almost all of which feeds onto the North American network. Transfer traffic increased 37% to represent almost 750,000 passengers. MAN has practically no transit feed and achieves around 1.3mppa to the US alone, although the total 2014 pax numbers have not been released by the CAA yet. Plus the DUB market is competitive and well served with a big portion of traffic coming from inbound tourism, whilst MAN's is mostly outbound and comparatively undeserved. The only downside is the APD, but there it is a level field with the competition.

Dan  

frostyj

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:10 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 66):

Oh stop it. Accept that Americans are more interested in Ireland than Manchester or Scotland the data shows that Dublin has far more passengers than Manchester and is continuing to increase.

This year they got into the top table for passengers on Chicago, New York and Boston. Its very very busy for transatlanti c and it will only keep growing.

EWR762

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:12 pm

Quoting ridgid727 (Reply 52):
Knowing FR, JFK will probably be CMH and passed off as NYC, and LAS will be TIJ passed off as LAS.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryanair used SWF for NYC. It seems very similar to the kind of airports they are using now, imo. It will all depend on landing fees and the willingness of passengers to travel that far north of the city.

Could it turn into a NYC hub for them? With flights from STN, DUB, BVA, WMI Any thoughts?
According to the airport's website, the airlines that currently fly to SWF are G4, B6, DL, and US.

EWR762  

[Edited 2015-03-16 14:18:29]

PlymSpotter

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Quoting frostyj (Reply 67):
Oh stop it. Accept that Americans are more interested in Ireland than Manchester or Scotland the data shows that Dublin has far more passengers than Manchester and is continuing to increase.

Oh re-read what I wrote, sweetheart. Yes, DUB has more inbound traffic than MAN, I've agreed that. But no, DUB does not have far more TATL passengers than MAN when you remove transfer traffic, as the passenger figures show for both airports. Both will also keep growing, as will a bunch of other airports across Europe which I can conceivably see a long haul arm of Ryanair serving if launched, in the future.

However coming back to the point, it is highly highly unlikely that a LCC will consider anything other than O/D demand, so you have to take those ~750,000 transfer passengers away from DUB's total for the purpose of this debate.

Dan  

frostyj

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Ryanair has connecting flights.

thekorean

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:33 pm

Quoting YTZ (Reply 64):

Wasn't the issue with NAI the fact that they were uaing Thai flight attendants?

Pretty sure FR only hire EU citizens.

PlymSpotter

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Quoting frostyj (Reply 70):

Nope

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/...ieve-a-smooth-and-punctual-flight/

Quote:

Q. "Can I book a connecting flight with Ryanair?"

A. "ARTICLE 17 - POINT-TO-POINT AIRLINE
We are a ‘point-to-point' airline. We therefore do not offer, and cannot facilitate, the transfer of passengers or their baggage to other flights, whether operated by ourselves or by other carriers."

Dan  

airbazar

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:59 pm

Quoting [email protected] (Reply 42):
While that is often believed, in the past year or so they have very much increased their service at primary airports, e.g. FCO, BRU, LIS, CPH.
Quoting SCQ83 (Reply 44):
We are in 2014. Ryanair flies to major airports (MAD, BCN, LIS, FCO, BRU, DUB, thinking about starting CDG) or airports with good public transport connections

Most of those have a very weak home airline, no home airline, or built a separate LCC terminal with much lower costs. You will not find any of those scenarios at either JFK, EWR, PHL, MIA, BOS, etc. I will be surprised if FR serves any of those major airports in the U.S.

SelseyBill

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Quoting frostyj (Reply 70):

That is one of the main problems with LCC's starting long-haul.

Their entire business model is based on 'point-to-point' travel with no guaranteed or advertised connections. It is a major step in terms of ground handling, customer service and logistics to sell connections to their TATL network. They have obviously discussed their planning of these new TATL ops; I find it difficult to imagine a TATL service being successful without connections at each end; but maybe they'll proceed purely on 'O&D' business.

Ultimately; I suspect for all kinds of reasons; they'll start up a new company with a new AOC for this venture.......

cathay747

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:50 pm

FR trans-Atlantic...horrifying...as Lewis Black (comedian) says about
flying in coach (not any specific airline)..."just kill yourself"

I can't imagine anything more awful.
Try a Little VC-10derness

thekorean

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:50 pm

What routes can sustain O&D only flights?

LON-NYC probably but PAR-NYC? FRA-NYC?

adamh8297

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Quoting PlymSpotter (Reply 69):
But no, DUB does not have far more TATL passengers than MAN when you remove transfer traffic, as the passenger figures show for both airports.

How about US only? I know BOS/CHI/NYC-DUB are bigger than BOS/CHI/NYC-MAN while MAN-MCO dwarfs MAN-DUB.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

hz747300

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 pm

NYC
BOS
YYZ
ORD
MIA

Likely JFK to start. I know it goes against the Ryanair standard, but I don't see another option. SWF is interesting, they could run buses to midtown and/or to Poughkeepsie MNRR station, timed with the flights. But the American consumer, especially in NYC, would have to be trained and educated on this is how you fly Ryanair. That is to say, you are willing to venture to an out-of-the-way airport for low fares without any delays.

For BOS, they could pick MHT if the flight is run while pre-clearance is open in Dublin. I can't say if CBP is available in MHT, or perhaps they pick BOS directly as it wouldn't seem necessary to go elsewhere.

MIA is easy, they pick FLL, and time it to meet a Spirit bank, but not offer connections. I doubt they want to be on the hook for missed connections.

Toronto, they could pick Hamilton.

For Chicago, I think it would have to be ORD, unless they think Gary, or Rockford, offers enough connections.

West coast would be a while, but I agree, LAS would be first on the list!

For cities with CBP, they can offer flights from MAN, STN, etc..., otherwise, they should negotiate with the new airports to add CBP services in order to get Ryanair flights. It would be interesting to watch if North American airports are going to be so eager to do whatever it takes to have service.

As for the fleets, if they wanted to start in a few months, it is probably easy to source some 763, 772, and A330, A340 right away. To get 788/789 or A350, may take longer. But wouldn't 3-3-3 in a A330 or 3-4-3 in a 772 seem more likely?

Also, in Asia anyways, the long haul, low cost carriers offer some version of a business class. I wonder if Ryanair would seek the same?
Keep on truckin'...

Gazdon121

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:30 am

Also don't forget how much publicity MoL is getting for this for free, it's been on the news a fair amount today hear in the UK and it's in tomorrow's newspapers he is good at free publicity

ltbewr

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:50 am

I would suggest the USA destination airports would have to have limited International services already, BWI, would be a good first choice, maybe FFL, CLE. They all have customs and in good locations for significant numbers of base customers. I would possibly suggest that they fly not from Ireland, but from secondary cities in the UK, not London area.
As to equipment, better would be Boeing, possibly the 787 in their 'special' configuration.

Grummancat

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:59 am

NINE wonderful hours aboard a Ryanair flight?? Sign me up for THAT! Will they be opening up a SECOND lavatory to pax for these long hauls?  

Sooner787

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:05 am

Quoting Phillyramp270 (Reply 2):
Here comes the 20 787 orders

The Ryanair livery would pretty nice on a 788

frostyj

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:21 am

Quoting Grummancat (Reply 81):

6 hours.

crazytoaster

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:51 am

Quoting SelseyBill (Reply 74):
That is one of the main problems with LCC's starting long-haul.

Their entire business model is based on 'point-to-point' travel with no guaranteed or advertised connections. It is a major step in terms of ground handling, customer service and logistics to sell connections to their TATL network. They have obviously discussed their planning of these new TATL ops; I find it difficult to imagine a TATL service being successful without connections at each end; but maybe they'll proceed purely on 'O&D' business.

Ultimately; I suspect for all kinds of reasons; they'll start up a new company with a new AOC for this venture.......

I think they would have to have connecting passengers.

Maybe a hybrid model of sorts setup similar to WOW Air. Where all their transatlantic flights go through 1 or 2 "hubs" that are specially designed for connecting flights. Only from these would connecting flights be allowed and only from transatlantic to European flights and vice versa.

I think that is the only way they can really expand to a lot of cities quickly. Sure some cities can make it work purely on O&D but if they want to secondary cities they will need to make some changes.
DEN homebase. Frequent traveler to IND and RNO.

RL757PVD

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:01 am

PVD has the 2nd largest catchment area in all of New England with connections to Boston with every mode of transportation except Air or Boat. 10+ trains plenty of busses and then consolidated rental car facility all without having to walk out in the elements.

If they want to have some sort of Biz product they will need to have the "higher end" 2nd tier airports like PVD and BWI with a strong enough base to support a reasonably priced J product. Lets face it, at places like BOS and NYC, the lucrative J is going to be loyal to an airline and not going to fly Ryanair. Go into PVD with a J product priced around $2000-$2,500 RT and you may pluck off some of the lower status tiers like a Silver Medallion type flier that lived between PVD and BOS.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

phillyramp270

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:12 am

What about PIT... Seems like a good place to set up shop no? O/D would be an issue but unless Ryanair seek some sort of alliance, it's passengers will transfer to other airlines anyway
Barack Obama is not a foreign born, brown skinned, anti-war socialist who gives away healthcare. You're thinking of Jesu

MesaFlyGuy

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:16 am

Please be realistic and not pick something you wish to have.

Glad to see that we have an open forum here and not a board for people to attack others having a good time...
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

FWAERJ

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 am

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 78):
For Chicago, I think it would have to be ORD, unless they think Gary, or Rockford, offers enough connections.

ORD T5 is overcrowded at key periods of the day, and it's the only terminal with FIS, and it's also the most expensive terminal at ORD. I would rule out ORD completely for FR.

Although it has FIS, MDW is not an option due to a short runway. No 787 or A330 can take off from MDW across the Atlantic.

GYY has customs, but not an FIS, though they can add an FIS quickly if needed. (They almost did this for VivaAerobus several years ago.) The runway is now 9,000 ft - long enough for a 787 or A330. It's close to downtown and the south suburbs, and has easy train access (South Shore to a bus), but is about two hours from the northwest suburbs. Problem is that GYY has been burned numerous times (though when G4 left, they didn't rule out a return). Maybe FR offering low-cost flights to the likes of DUB and STN will give GYY much-needed credibility.

RFD has customs, a long runway, and FIS; is currently seeing nonstop flights to Mexico; and can handle diversions from ORD. RFD is close to the north suburbs and MSN, but a 2-3 hour haul from downtown and the south suburbs with no direct train access. Still, FR flies to airports long ways from city centers in the EU. Connections aren't an issue when it comes to RFD: G4 - an airline with a no-connections policy like FR - is the largest carrier there.

A wildcard option is SBN. 9,000 ft runway, an FIS under construction as I speak (opening next year), direct South Shore train access from downtown Chicago, and it's about the same drive to downtown as RFD is. If SBN wanted to make a statement about their new FIS, FR would be it.
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350

icebird757

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 am

Maybe they can pick up some of the 757's that FI will be offloading?
LGB....where you can watch the grass grow because the traffic is so slow.

MUWarriors

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:44 am

Quoting FWAERJ (Reply 88):
A wildcard option is SBN. 9,000 ft runway, an FIS under construction as I speak (opening next year), direct South Shore train access from downtown Chicago, and it's about the same drive to downtown as RFD is. If SBN wanted to make a statement about their new FIS, FR would be it.

I think they'd look at MKE before SBN. MKE has FIS, is a decent sized city in it's own right, plus has train service directly from the airport to The Loop. Labeling MKE as Milwaukee/Chicago or something wouldn't shock me as an option at some point for a trans Atlantic ULCC carrier.

timpdx

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:01 am

I can't wait to see the US destination names

Binghampton-"New York City airport"
Bakersfield-"Los Angeles airport"
Ft. Meyers-"Miami airport"
Peoria-"Chicago airport"
Flown 2018: LAX, ARN, DXB, ALA, TAS, UCG, ASB, MYP, GYD, TBS, KUT, BER, TLS, SVO, CCF, DUB, LGW, MEX, BUR, PDX, ORD, SLC, SNA
Upcoming 2018: STL, MIA, BZE, IAH, BHM, LHR, DFW, PHX

DocLightning

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:12 am

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 75):
FR trans-Atlantic...horrifying...as Lewis Black (comedian) says about
flying in coach (not any specific airline)..."just kill yourself"

Then don't fly with them. I sure won't. But I bet their service will be a roaring success.

I wish their passengers well...and don't envy them. But I do envy FR on the money they're going to make from this.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Gazdon121

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:30 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 92):

I agree

Alot of people moan about them but they sell cheap seats and boy people fly them, if this does 100% start then people will know that there cheap and people will buy for sure
Cheap price tickets always attracts cheap customers

MaverickM11

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:33 am

Norwegian has lost their shirt on longhaul--so has Air Asia X--so I guess FR wants a piece of the action 
E pur si muove -Galileo

bendewire

Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:23 am

There's a massive difference to 'board approval' to actually doing it, I'm sure the board approved a feasibility study. Even MOL realises long haul in comparison to their current multi sector short haul are worlds apart. just a few things to think about:

Equipment
Crew
Engineering/Maintenance overseas
Destinations
Turnaround times
Congestion (in USA at certain popular airports)
Ground handling in USA (soo different to UK/Europe)
Seasonal factors
Business/Leisure destinations
et al

I see the prospect of Ryanair embarking on a long haul experiment many years away if ever!

r2rho

Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:12 am

Aircraft choice will depend on many factors, primarily though the business model they choose. Primary or secondary airports? 2x weekly flights or high frequency? Connections or just O&D?

Quoting kl911 (Reply 4):
I'm pretty sure FR will not buy new planes for this but use 2nd hand A330CEO

Not necessarily. Airbus seems quite eager to sell the last remaining CEO positions to avoid too strong a ramp down before NEO, and it looks like the Chinese deal isn't coming through. Perhaps FR can strike a good deal.
I wouldn't even rule out someting crazy like cheap new-build 763's. But for me, the economics of a 9-abreast A333CEO are unbeatable on TATL.

Quoting UA735WL (Reply 7):
What about that 737-800ERX concept floating around...

The CASM for a narrowbody is intrinsically higher than for a widebody, all else equal. I do not see the 738ERX fit the FR model, it would be more for high-yielding secondary routes. Don't get carried away by fleet commonality, in this case it offers less benefit, and FR can easily support a new "sub"fleet.

Quoting bendewire (Reply 95):
There's a massive difference to 'board approval' to actually doing it, I'm sure the board approved a feasibility study. Even MOL realises long haul in comparison to their current multi sector short haul are worlds apart. just a few things to think about:

Agree. We are getting overexcited and reading far too much into this; you make a good summary of all the points to consider before this happens. But it will happen, question is only when.

enzo011

Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:26 am

Quoting redzeppelin (Reply 13):
Unlikely, but if this is about delivery timelines, Boeing could also deliver some factory-fresh 763s in pretty short order... Maybe even a batch of all-economy, 8-abreast 764s. Just crazy enough to almost be believable from FR.
Quoting Flyingcello (Reply 60):
Ideal aircraft for this FR venture? Surely the 763ER...cheap to buy, and easy to maintain. And available when they want them...

Why would a 763 or 764 be an option when you could have the aircraft that beat it for efficiency and forced Boeing into a new design? It is not like the A330 has a huge backlog (787 or A350) or is expensive either.

uberflieger

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:03 am

BER supposedly will be one of Ryanair's Transatlantic gateways  http://www.theguardian.com/travel/20...flights-between-europe-and-america

parapente

Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:06 am

Norwegian has lost their shirt on longhaul-

Have they? I was given to understand that the Gatwick flights are going out with a very good load factor.How do we know they are loosing their shirts?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos