Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

American 767
Topic Author

Phoenix Arizona Aviation Thread Part 13

Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Please continue posting your updates here:

Phoenix Arizona Aviation Thread Part 12 (by 777ER Jan 1 2015 in Civil Aviation)

The beautiful Arizona sun is now rising on Part 13.

Ben Soriano
Ben Soriano

cathay747

RE: Phoenix Arizona Aviation Thread Part 13

Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Yes, another beautiful day here!  
Try a Little VC-10derness

apodino

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Just heard a tidbit from Parker about how the PHX hub has performed better post merger then it did premerger of US and AA. He also compared PHX to PHL saying that PHX is to LAX what PHL is to JFK in that PHL and PHX are more connection driven hubs where LAX and JFK are more O and D driven hubs.

wn676

Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:19 pm

Reconstruction of the T4 north apron should be commencing in August. I'm hearing that the PCC around N1, which is the newest on that side and dates back to 1998, will also be included in this project. It's a little odd since I'm not entirely certain that it's affected by ASR like the older panels around N2/3/4. I've also heard that another gate realignment may occur concurrently with this project.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

dlramp4life

Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:21 pm

Well it looks some work has started in T3N with all T3 construction project, the former DL Crown Room is being gutted out while fences go up around T3S.

austwin

Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 3):
Quoting wn676 (Reply 3):
Just heard a tidbit from Parker about how the PHX hub has performed better post merger then it did premerger of US and AA. He also compared PHX to PHL saying that PHX is to LAX what PHL is to JFK in that PHL and PHX are more connection driven hubs where LAX and JFK are more O and D driven hubs.

Well, su-prise! su-prise! Imagine that! lol

Quoting dlramp4life (Reply 4):
Reconstruction of the T4 north apron should be commencing in August. I'm hearing that the PCC around N1,

What do PCC and ASR mean? I don't understand.

PHX787

Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:19 am

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 1):
Yes, another beautiful day here!
Quoting American 767 (Thread starter):
The beautiful Arizona sun is now rising on Part 13.

I hate you guys lol it's raining in Tokyo.

Quoting apodino (Reply 2):
Just heard a tidbit from Parker about how the PHX hub has performed better post merger then it did premerger of US and AA.

I knew good ol DP would have faith in our city lol
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

cathay747

Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:00 am

Quoting austwin (Reply 5):
Quoting wn676 (Reply 3):Just heard a tidbit from Parker about how the PHX hub has performed better post merger then it did premerger of US and AA. He also compared PHX to PHL saying that PHX is to LAX what PHL is to JFK in that PHL and PHX are more connection driven hubs where LAX and JFK are more O and D driven hubs.
Well, su-prise! su-prise! Imagine that! lol

Glad this came out...maybe NOW all the arm-chair CEO's who keep talking about
AA closing the PHX hub will put a sock in it.

austwin

Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:16 am

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 7):

I don't think they will. They don't seem to grasp the basic fact that the US people know their former hubs strengths and weaknesses inside out. Who cares, really? The important thing is that PHX will remain a viable hub for the world's largest airline.

hz747300

Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:26 am

Quoting austwin (Reply 8):
The important thing is that PHX will remain a viable hub for the world's largest airline.

Emirates flies to PHX now? haha, just kidding...

It's good to hear, but I doubt the naysayers will stop anytime soon.
Keep on truckin'...

cathay747

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 9):
It's good to hear, but I doubt the naysayers will stop anytime soon.

Yeah, you're probably right...given all the traffic figures, yield results, and P&L
statements that they have at their fingertips which allow them to make their
prognostications. LOL

cathay747

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:38 pm

Um....does anyone have an idea what in hell this is that seems
to be flying all over the Valley this afternoon, at an airspeed varying
between 74 and 94mph ??? ... including cutting into the approach
path for both 26 and the 25's (as far as it appears to me) at a mere
but stable 9,400 ft. altitude?

[Edited 2015-03-24 14:41:14]

redflyer

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Given it's altitude, it's just above the Class B airspace over the city. And given it's speed, I'd say it's a 172 out for a leisurely sightseeing flight over Phoenix.

Just a WAG, though.
A government big enough to take away a constitutionally guaranteed right is a government big enough to take away any guaranteed right. A government big enough to give you everything you need is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

cathay747

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:51 pm

Quoting redflyer (Reply 12):
Given it's altitude, it's just above the Class B airspace over the city. And given it's speed, I'd say it's a 172 out for a leisurely sightseeing flight over Phoenix.

Just a WAG, though.

Hmmmm...yeah, thought it could be too, except for the bizarre call sign.. a military
drone??? WHY? That was my 1st thought to be honest.

DiamondFlyer

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:35 pm

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 13):
Hmmmm...yeah, thought it could be too, except for the bizarre call sign.. a military
drone??? WHY? That was my 1st thought to be honest.

OMA might be the callsign "Omaha" which is typically what US Customs aircraft use.

-DiamondFlyer
From my cold, dead hands

cathay747

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Quoting DiamondFlyer (Reply 14):
OMA might be the callsign "Omaha" which is typically what US Customs aircraft use.

INTERESTING! Thanks!

PHX787

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:29 am

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 10):
Yeah, you're probably right...given all the traffic figures, yield results, and P&L
statements that they have at their fingertips which allow them to make their
prognostications. LOL

I'm just waiting for the airport to announce Japan/Asia service so I could REALLY shove it up their behinds      

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 15):

INTERESTING! Thanks!

Customs aircraft? As in border patrol, or running prisoners?

alasizon

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:03 am

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 16):

If you are referring to running illegals back to Mexico, they usually use the Repatriate callsign out of IWA.

Does anyone know when the 787 is actually going to be gate testing B23? I know it was blocked off a month or so ago but it ended up just doing a touch and go.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

chrisair

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:38 am

Probably a Border Patrol aircraft. They have a few small planes from Cubs to King Airs. If they're repatriating people, they're not going to be roaming around Phoenix at 90 kts.

atcsundevil

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:55 am

The aircraft that fly out of IWA are either "Justice" when operated for DOJ (prisoner transport) or "Repatriate" when operated for DHS (illegal aliens being deported to their country of origin). It's all under JPATS -- Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System. Either way, they operate fairly similarly to commercial aircraft and don't hang out over Phoenix for any longer than any commercial flight might.

I'd be somewhat skeptical that the aircraft in question was DHS CBP. They'd really have no reason to conduct operations in the Phoenix area except under ICE or HSI, and even then, they wouldn't usually be on a flight tracking website. Usually when aircraft are puttering around over the Bravo, they're up there for general interest, aerial photography, cartography, or conducting some sort of law enforcement purpose (generally local law enforcement).

There is quite a bit of drone testing activity that takes place in the Phoenix area (generally to the south and east in specifically designated restricted airspace), but at least as of a couple of years ago when I had some firsthand info on it, the specifics were classified. It was almost entirely military drone aircraft, so their tracking info definitely wouldn't be showing up online. They also stayed in the restricted test ranges except their trips to/from their base of origin in Nevada. Last I heard, these ranges were hot pretty much 24/7.

cathay747

Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:40 pm

I'm just waiting for the airport to announce Japan/Asia service so I could REALLY shove it up their behinds

Well, I think even a lot of us in this thread would be a little surprised
if that happened. Would be nice, but I'm not terribly hopeful.

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 19):
puttering around over the Bravo

OK...clue me in...what's "the Bravo"? But...what you're saying makes sense. Thanks.

redflyer

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:09 pm

or conducting some sort of law enforcement purpose (generally local law enforcement)

Why would they stay above the Bravo airspace? If they were running some kind of law enforcement activity they could easily fly through Bravo via ATC, as happens all the time with other law enforcement activities. I'm not saying it isn't law enforcement related, but just doesn't make sense. Yet.

Why would CBP be flying that pattern over the city?

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 20):
OK...clue me in...what's "the Bravo"?

Class B airspace, generally found over large metropolitan areas in the US, in particular those with major airports. It's controlled airspace. In Phoenix the Class B has a ceiling of 9,000 feet, which means if you stay above that altitude you don't need to contact ATC. The floor varies - over PHX it's down to the surface. Given the flight track of this aircraft it appears to have flown over Class B that had a floor of anywhere from 5,000 - 7,000 feet.

I'm still sticking to my theory that this was a 172 or similar GA aircraft doing a flight over the city for sightseeing/photography purposes and staying above 9,000 feet so it could fly without restrictions.
A government big enough to take away a constitutionally guaranteed right is a government big enough to take away any guaranteed right. A government big enough to give you everything you need is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

cathay747

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:41 pm

Quoting redflyer (Reply 21):
Class B airspace, generally found over large metropolitan areas in the US, in particular those with major airports. It's controlled airspace. In Phoenix the Class B has a ceiling of 9,000 feet, which means if you stay above that altitude you don't need to contact ATC. The floor varies - over PHX it's down to the surface. Given the flight track of this aircraft it appears to have flown over Class B that had a floor of anywhere from 5,000 - 7,000 feet.

I'm still sticking to my theory that this was a 172 or similar GA aircraft doing a flight over the city for sightseeing/photography purposes and staying above 9,000 feet so it could fly without restrictions.

OK, thanks for this great explanation. But...how far out does the Class B extend...I presume it's
a radius from KPHX?

I'm agreeing with your theory now, given it's speed & path, I bet you're right...just
struck me as odd.

redflyer

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:13 pm

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 22):
But...how far out does the Class B extend...I presume it's
a radius from KPHX?

It varies, depending on the primary approach paths into PHX, but the farthest out segments extend 30NM from a VOR station sitting just east of the runways at PHX.

You can download a VFR terminal area chart for Phoenix here.

DiamondFlyer

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:44 pm

Why would CBP be flying that pattern over the city?

I'm just looking at the data on the screen shot and noticing OMA, which might be Omaha, the CBP callsign. No idea, just throwing an idea out there.
From my cold, dead hands

wn676

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:57 pm

I'd be somewhat skeptical that the aircraft in question was DHS CBP. They'd really have no reason to conduct operations in the Phoenix area except under ICE or HSI, and even then, they wouldn't usually be on a flight tracking website. Usually when aircraft are puttering around over the Bravo, they're up there for general interest, aerial photography, cartography, or conducting some sort of law enforcement purpose (generally local law enforcement).

Phoenix PD as well as DPS both operate fixed-wing aircraft (C182s IIRC) which could be the aircraft in question. I doubt it's for aerial/survey purposes given the track.

There is quite a bit of drone testing activity that takes place in the Phoenix area (generally to the south and east in specifically designated restricted airspace), but at least as of a couple of years ago when I had some firsthand info on it, the specifics were classified. It was almost entirely military drone aircraft, so their tracking info definitely wouldn't be showing up online. They also stayed in the restricted test ranges except their trips to/from their base of origin in Nevada. Last I heard, these ranges were hot pretty much 24/7.

YPG and Rolle are probably the two biggest hot spots for this kind of testing. Agreed that it would be unusual for them to be outside of their designated ranges.

Quoting austwin (Reply 5):
What do PCC and ASR mean? I don't understand.

Portland Cement Concrete and Alkali-Silica Reaction. ASR is the reason why the concrete is being replaced; the reaction causes the buildup of a gel within the concrete that causes premature cracking and spalling, and can lead to more serious issues in the long-term. For anyone that's worked the ramp around T4N, you'll notice some small strips of asphalt (about a foot or two in width) in some locations between the concrete panels; those were placed a few years ago to relieve some of the pressure of the panels expanding. Apparently this was a problem with the mix design when T4 was first constructed and ASR was not well understood. For reference, the original concrete panels around T2 only started to be replaced about 5 years ago (to be fair I believe they were supposed to be scheduled for replacement prior to 9/11, but that's still almost twice as long as the T4 concrete has lasted).

[Edited 2015-03-25 09:01:30]
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

aztrainer

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Not surprising with all the new A321's that the US/AA is flying out of PHX now. I do wonder how the "PHX is dead" crowd is going to turn this one negative?

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 7):

Never will happen. They will still claim that we are too close to LAX (Unlike SFO) and to far south (Unlike MIA, DFW, IAH).

I did not know that..... Interesting....

Quoting wn676 (Reply 25):
Portland Cement Concrete and Alkali-Silica Reaction. ASR is the reason why the concrete is being replaced; the reaction causes the buildup of a gel within the concrete that causes premature cracking and spalling, and can lead to more serious issues in the long-term. For anyone that's worked the ramp around T4N, you'll notice some small strips of asphalt (about a foot or two in width) in some locations between the concrete panels; those were placed a few years ago to relieve some of the pressure of the panels expanding. Apparently this was a problem with the mix design when T4 was first constructed and ASR was not well understood. For reference, the original concrete panels around T2 only started to be replaced about 5 years ago (to be fair I believe they were supposed to be scheduled for replacement prior to 9/11, but that's still almost twice as long as the T4 concrete has lasted).

Thanks for the information in that as I was wondering why it was being replaced so soon. So is the city taking the hit on replacing the concrete with the correct mixture or is the design firm going to have to pay some of the cost due to the improper mixture.

Quoting Alasizon (Reply 17):
Does anyone know when the 787 is actually going to be gate testing B23? I know it was blocked off a month or so ago but it ended up just doing a touch and go.

I do not know if they are going to at this point. They seem happy to fly in, swap the crew and then fly right out. I would also think that it would be better to do the gate training early in the morning or late at night. They may be doing it, but we just do not "see" it due to the time of day.

Osubuckeyes

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Quoting Aztrainer (Reply 26):
I do wonder how the "PHX is dead" crowd is going to turn this one negative?

I can see it not "Better performance still doesn't justify asset allocation in that desert wasteland". Yet nobody recognizes that US's best PHX markets are top market O&D markets. Leaving would be ceding O&D they already have. I expect a few adjustments, but I do not see a major drawback.

I also wonder how UA and DL moving to revenue unit FF programs have affected AA/US in PHX. Anecdotal evidence suggests that there has been some movement away from DL/UA locally, but I have no concrete evidence to support that claim.

cathay747

Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Quoting redflyer (Reply 23):
It varies, depending on the primary approach paths into PHX, but the farthest out segments extend 30NM from a VOR station sitting just east of the runways at PHX.

You can download a VFR terminal area chart for Phoenix here.

Thanks!

I do wonder how the "PHX is dead" crowd is going to turn this one negative?
They will still claim that we are too close to LAX

By rehashing their same old arguments, as you pointed out about our proximity
to LAX.

PHX787

Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:53 am

Quoting Alasizon (Reply 17):
If you are referring to running illegals back to Mexico, they usually use the Repatriate callsign out of IWA.

I was talking about running prisoners but i guess that's the DOJ right?

atcsundevil

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:40 am

Why would they stay above the Bravo airspace?

They are cleared into the Bravo all the time without issue, but they do make an attempt at avoiding departure and arrival routes and will stay clear of the Bravo when able. Fixed wing aircraft can easily stay above the Bravo shelf via transition or otherwise.

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 22):
how far out does the Class B extend

Roughly a 40nm radius. Altitudes of the shelves vary as no two Class Bravo airspaces are alike, and here in particular, must account for terrain clearances. A Bravo tends to look something like an upside-down wedding cake. The Phoenix Class Bravo tops out around 12-15k (I can't remember exactly), but Albuquerque Center has the Phoenix TRACON work departures up to 20k-ish and has them take control of arrivals around 12k at 40-45nm. Or used to, anyway...it's been a few years now since I worked in the TRACON.

Quoting wn676 (Reply 25):
YPG and Rolle are probably the two biggest hot spots for this kind of testing.

The specific ranges used for drone testing are classified. I do know that roughly five to six years ago they were only hot for a few hours a day and a couple of days each week -- now they're pretty much 24/7 and last I heard were looking at expanding the sections of airspace to accommodate more capacity.

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 29):
I was talking about running prisoners but i guess that's the DOJ right?

One in the same. The program is JPATS -- Justice Prisoner Alien Transportation System. It is operated by DOJ via US Marshals for the Deptartment of Corrections or for Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The only difference is the callsign respective to its mission: "Repatriate" for ICE deportation, "Justice" for Corrections. They use the same aircraft and the same procedures...the only difference being that one group gets unshackled and sent on their way while the other group gets to play in a new prison. I've talked to those pilots a few times and both apparently have a fair number of frequent flyers!

Osubuckeyes

Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:18 pm

I noticed F9 is ending CLE and SLC?? Any word if that is seasonal or permanent? Has anyone heard any NK expansion rumors I feel like it is a matter of time before they start LAS and DTW.

DiamondFlyer

Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:01 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 30):
The Phoenix Class Bravo tops out around 12-15k (I can't remember exactly), but Albuquerque Center has the Phoenix TRACON work departures up to 20k-ish and has them take control of arrivals around 12k at 40-45nm.

The PHX class B goes to 9000. Most class B airspace goes to 10,000, a few go to 12,000, but none ever go higher than that. TRACON works a much bigger area than 45 miles in PHX. The airspace to the north of PHX all the way to Flagstaff is TRACON now.

-DiamondFlyer
From my cold, dead hands

INFINITI329

Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:24 pm

I'd be somewhat skeptical that the aircraft in question was DHS CBP. They'd really have no reason to conduct operations in the Phoenix area except under ICE or HSI,

Why wouldn't they? CBP has very extensive air assets and operate away from the border very frequently. CBP was responsible for securing the airspace during the super bowl. (FYI HSI & ICE are one entity)

atcsundevil

Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:13 pm

Quoting DiamondFlyer (Reply 32):

If that's the case then it's lower than it used to be. Just to clarify your statement for others, the airspace to Flagstaff isn't part of the Phoenix Bravo (which is what I was answering...the Bravo is approx. 40nm and that hasn't changed), but it is controlled by P50 (Phoenix TRACON), specifically because of the Prescott terminal area. That's a very recent thing. P50 was designed as a "super TRACON" when it moved to the new complex in 2007 just like Norcal, Socal, Potomac, New York, etc. The plan all along was to bring Tucson into P50, but it'll require an expansion of the TRACON room, along with conquering a few...erm...human hurdles. I don't believe P50 was ever originally intended to house Prescott -- not until about three or four years ago, anyway.

Quoting infiniti329 (Reply 33):

I just said I'd be skeptical. CBP tends to stay south of Phoenix, from what I remember. Regardless, their aircraft don't appear on flight tracking websites just like military aircraft. You're right about HSI/ICE...I was under the impression HSI was a separate arm under DHS.

cathay747

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 30):
Albuquerque Center has the Phoenix TRACON work departures up to 20k-ish and has them take control of arrivals around 12k at 40-45nm

I am learning so much in this thread thanks to you! (and others, too!)

Quoting DiamondFlyer (Reply 32):
TRACON works a much bigger area than 45 miles in PHX. The airspace to the north of PHX all the way to Flagstaff is TRACON now.

Damn!

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 34):
is controlled by P50 (Phoenix TRACON), specifically because of the Prescott terminal area. That's a very recent thing. P50 was designed as a "super TRACON" when it moved to the new complex in 2007 just like Norcal, Socal, Potomac, New York, etc. The plan all along was to bring Tucson into P50, but it'll require an expansion of the TRACON room, along with conquering a few...erm...human hurdles. I don't believe P50 was ever originally intended to house Prescott -- not until about three or four years ago, anyway.

"Super TRACON" is right! All most interesting to learn. So you're saying Potomac TRACON
is another "Super"? If so, didn't know that, and I lived in the DC burbs (VA) for 39.5 years!!!

atcsundevil

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Super TRACON just means that it's designed to consolidate multiple radar approach facilities into one. Potomac covers the entire DC area and even Richmond. Socal and Norcal cover the bulk of CA. New York covers all NYC airports plus Stewart. Phoenix covers Prescott and eventually Tucson. It will cover Gateway as a specific sector at some point when IWA is upgraded to a Class C airspace, but a lot of things need to happen before that can become a reality.

KGRB

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 31):
I noticed F9 is ending CLE and SLC?? Any word if that is seasonal or permanent? Has anyone heard any NK expansion rumors I feel like it is a matter of time before they start LAS and DTW.

I'm not surprised they're ending SLC. With DL, US, WN, and F9 on the route, it was a bloodbath. And F9 is the only carrier that doesn't have a hub on either end.
First flight: NW DC-10 MKE-MSP December 1996
Most recent flight: DL/9E CRJ-900 LGA-MSN January 2020

alasizon

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Question for those who have some knowledge of the WN side of the operation at Sky Harbor, who handles their ramp control? I would have assumed it was internal but unless they are relying entirely on cameras, there is nowhere that they could be setup with a view of the operation.

Also, with the T3 reconstruction, does anyone know what the official cutover dates are for those tenants moving to other locations?

cathay747

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 36):
Super TRACON just means that it's designed to consolidate multiple radar approach facilities into one. Potomac covers the entire DC area and even Richmond. Socal and Norcal cover the bulk of CA. New York covers all NYC airports plus Stewart. Phoenix covers Prescott and eventually Tucson. It will cover Gateway as a specific sector at some point when IWA is upgraded to a Class C airspace, but a lot of things need to happen before that can become a reality.

Again, never know most of this...thanks!!

Osubuckeyes

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Quoting Alasizon (Reply 38):
Also, with the T3 reconstruction, does anyone know what the official cutover dates are for those tenants moving to other locations?

T3S is closed already I believe so HA has already moved to the North side. Not sure about the SY and NK moves to T2, but someone stated earlier in the thread that the two extra jetways have already been installed.

Quoting KGRB (Reply 37):
I'm not surprised they're ending SLC. With DL, US, WN, and F9 on the route, it was a bloodbath. And F9 is the only carrier that doesn't have a hub on either end.

That is true for most of the routes they fly. CVG being the exception, which only has G4 from AZA and DL from end of Feb- end of April

alasizon

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 40):
T3S is closed already I believe so HA has already moved to the North side. Not sure about the SY and NK moves to T2, but someone stated earlier in the thread that the two extra jetways have already been installed.

HA was showing as having departed from T3 Gate 5 this morning so I think it is still partially open.

aztrainer

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:28 am

Data for January 2015 is available and it shows the following:

Enplane - +1.6%
Deplane - +4.6%
Total Increase in passengers - +3.1%

Not bad for the dusty desert town that is too close to LAX and has such a low O&D. I wonder how crow tastes?

T-2 Stats
AS +2.5%
ZK -68.8%
UA -1.8%

T-3 stats.
AA -100%
DL +1.9%
FR +63.2%
HA -6.2% (They had a canceled flight that I can remember that went mx at PHX.)
B6 +11.4%
NK +22.9%

T-4 Stats
AM -100%
AC +35.3%
AA (N/A, but if you look at the T-3 number there was an increase in 4,498 passengers)
BA +11%
WN +8.3%
US -5.1%
Y4 - 45.6%
WJ +24%

https://skyharbor.com/pdfs/stats/PHX_AirportStats_2015_01.pdf

BD338

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:32 am

Quoting Aztrainer (Reply 42):
FR +63.2%

Who is FR? don't recall seeing a Ryanair parked at T3 recently  

uberflieger

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:47 am

the PHX hub has performed better post merger then it did premerger

That's great news! According to 2014 BTS US mainline alone has a 39% market share. Does anybody know the grand total, including AA & Regionals?

alasizon

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:59 am

Quoting uberflieger (Reply 44):

Numbers I heard back in December had it around 52 or so but I am not sure how accurate that was.

atcsundevil

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:13 am

Quoting Alasizon (Reply 38):
Question for those who have some knowledge of the WN side of the operation at Sky Harbor, who handles their ramp control? I would have assumed it was internal but unless they are relying entirely on cameras, there is nowhere that they could be setup with a view of the operation.

They don't have a ramp control. WN has never asked for one. They basically handle it themselves and push with clearance from the tower. Because WN doesn't run in banks and the alleys aren't very large or narrow, there really isn't a need for a ramp control like the north side of T4.

uberflieger

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:45 am

Quoting Alasizon (Reply 45):
Numbers I heard back in December had it around 52 or so

Thank you.
BTS show Southwest at 32,7% market share. The merger has put US solidly in first place, which explains why the operation is now more profitable. So how about that NRT flight?     

cathay747

Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:29 pm

Not bad for the dusty desert town that is too close to LAX and has such a low O&D. I wonder how crow tastes?

EXACTLY!!!!!

T-3 stats.
AA -100%

What happened here??

georgiabill

Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:44 pm

How can AA be -100% from T2 and T3? Assuming the combined AA and US are the largest carrier from PHX and PHX showing an increase of 3.1% I would assume the new AA would have stayed roughly the same or slight increase.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos