HA0035/21APR
PHX 0800 24
HNL 20 1140
9PHX/ A/C581 EQP76W *0343*HDQHXZ
4PHX/OUT 0759 21APR OFF 0812 21APR *1013*HDQHXZ
2HNL/ETA 1134 21APR *1013*HDQHXZ

...sorry about the spacing, copy/paste from Amadeus is deleting
spaces, so it doesn't look as "pretty", departure gate # follows the
STD, arrival gate number is in front of the STA.

[Edited 2015-04-21 12:12:36]
Try a Little VC-10derness

Osubuckeyes

RE: Phoenix Arizona Aviation Thread Part 13

Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Flew in Sunday night and T3N north seemed really tight with all the RONs and the construction on the East hold bay. HA moving to the north and RONing probably makes it even more crazy.

93Sierra

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:02 pm

How many planes does delta Ron?

Osubuckeyes

Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:14 pm

9-10 after the redeyes depart depending on day I believe. They have 2-3 redeyes.

cathay747

Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Quoting osubuckeyes (Reply 101):
Flew in Sunday night and T3N north seemed really tight with all the RONs and the construction on the East hold bay. HA moving to the north and RONing probably makes it even more crazy.

Unless they tow it to another location for the RON
after the ship is empty...anybody know?

Osubuckeyes

Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:48 pm

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 104):
after the ship is empty...anybody know?

They've been double parking gate 15, there are still 2 spots on the West side of the terminal, and I think on the south side near T3S where AS and UA RON. They were using gate 24 as well but I would assume that stops now that HA is on the North.

Maverick623

Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:54 pm

It appears that AA will start flying Eagle-branded, Compass operated E175s 3x daily PHX-LAX starting September 8th.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

cageyjames

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Quoting Maverick623 (Reply 106):
It appears that AA will start flying Eagle-branded, Compass operated E175s 3x daily PHX-LAX starting September 8th.

I can confirm. I'm on flight 5912 (PHX-LAX) on Sept 28th and I just got an email saying that it was changed from a CRJ-900 to a E175.

wn676

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:27 pm

Looks like September 9th. They were showing 66 total ops for that month. The schedule still has a CR9 inbound for the last flight on the 8th; wonder if they're going to ferry or schedule a 175 in to RON for the first flight out the next day.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

mountainwest90

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:50 am

Can anybody figure out how these are routed? The schedule doesn't suggest that it's a simple turn back to LAX otherwise one of these planes would have to be on the ground for roughly 14 hours.

alasizon

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:23 am

Quoting mountainwest90 (Reply 109):

Can anybody figure out how these are routed? The schedule doesn't suggest that it's a simple turn back to LAX otherwise one of these planes would have to be on the ground for roughly 14 hours.

From what I can see it is pretty similar to what the setup is now.

Looks like 5935/5936/5906/5938 is operated by one frame (or two frames with one RT each). However, the only thing I am not sure about is how the frame gets to PHX to start the day. It is possible they haven't loaded the Fresno sections yet on the E175 and the routing would be the same as today (One aircraft comes in and RONs then turns back to LAX the next morning and does some line of flying there (which in Mesa scheduling is usually PHX-LAX-IAH-LAX-OKC or XNA), another does something like PHX-FAT-PHX-LAX-PHX-LAX-DEN-LAX-PHX). The times are near spot on to the current schedule which leads me to believe that the Fresno (or possibly houston or somewhere else) are not loaded yet.

All I know is that there will be a servicing test in late August for practice with the E175 for the ground crew.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner

wn676

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:27 am

Quoting mountainwest90 (Reply 109):

It looks like they loaded the 175s using the existing YV schedule. Seeing as that we're over 4 months out still, it's all but certain that they'll modify that schedule. It would be interesting to see if they route them out of PHX to someplace other than LAX.

[Edited 2015-04-22 19:28:46]

mountainwest90

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:35 am

Quoting wn676 (Reply 111):
It would be interesting to see if they route them out of PHX to someplace other than LAX.

I could see some triangle routings eventually. I.E. LAX-PHX-SJC-LAX or LAX-PHX-SAT-LAX. The's are hypothetical examples.

Any word on who will do the ground handling. Piedmont Or American?

austwin

Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:31 pm

AA to refresh lounges starting with Phoenix and Sao Paulo. That's interesting since they are clearly going to close PHX in several years. Sarcasm.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...unges-0428-biz-20150427-story.html

aztrainer

Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Quoting austwin (Reply 113):
AA to refresh lounges starting with Phoenix and Sao Paulo. That's interesting since they are clearly going to close PHX in several years. Sarcasm.

No you are WAY too optimistic, they were going to close Phoenix next year and move all ops to LAX and DFW. (Sarcasm also)

cathay747

Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Quoting Aztrainer (Reply 114):
Quoting austwin (Reply 113):AA to refresh lounges starting with Phoenix and Sao Paulo. That's interesting since they are clearly going to close PHX in several years. Sarcasm.
No you are WAY too optimistic, they were going to close Phoenix next year and move all ops to LAX and DFW. (Sarcasm also)

I thought PHX was such a desert-wasteland-useless hub that it wouldn't even make it past this summer,
what with 120+F temps and all!
(EXTREME sarcasm mixed with hilarity)

aztrainer

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 115):
I thought PHX was such a desert-wasteland-useless hub that it wouldn't even make it past this summer,
(EXTREME sarcasm mixed with hilarity)

Agree totally and add in the weather...... 300+ days of sunshine is way too much without a tornado break in there like DFW.
I just wish the arm chair CEO's and people that think Kansas is a "western" state would stop with the PHX is dead due to proximity to LAX and too far south to be a good hub.

austwin

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:50 pm

I'm glad I've found like-minded souls that understand on a cellular level that PHX can only support daily service to LAX, weekly service to DFW and occasional regional-jet service to Yuma. Y'all just lucky you got freeways ifin you want to risk burning up by walking to your car to take a trip out of town.

cathay747

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Quoting austwin (Reply 117):
I'm glad I've found like-minded souls that understand on a cellular level that PHX can only support daily service to LAX, weekly service to DFW and occasional regional-jet service to Yuma. Y'all just lucky you got freeways ifin you want to risk burning up by walking to your car to take a trip out of town.

ROFLMAO (presuming you were now taking the sarcasm to
stratospheric levels)

cathay747

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:27 pm

Quoting Aztrainer (Reply 116):

Agree totally and add in the weather...... 300+ days of sunshine is way too much without a tornado break in there like DFW.
I just wish the arm chair CEO's and people that think Kansas is a "western" state would stop with the PHX is dead due to proximity to LAX and too far south to be a good hub.

...or a snowmageddon break like PHL, or a hurricane break like
MIA.

Man, you said it.

dlramp4life

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:07 pm

All of this because of a lounge remodel? Can we just be a little more productive in discussing aviation in and around PHX? We get it, PHX is going to be a hub for the new AA, doesn't mean you need to shove it in the face of everyone else.

aztrainer

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:15 pm

Quoting austwin (Reply 117):

WOW there a minute..... You forgot the Weekly to FLG and the Bi-Weekly to TUS....

29erUSA187

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Quoting dlramp4life (Reply 96):

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 93):
A few rumors floating around that the current BA flight will be switched to an AA 77W? Anyone have more information on this?

I could not agree with you more dlramp4life. The BA 744 thru PHX is now one of the last BA 744's you can connect to from SAN, plus, I would hate to lose a 744, let alone a BA one...

wn676

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Do any of you feel like you're reading too much into this? All of the lounges will eventually be remodeled; PHX isn't special in this regard except for the fact that they're one of the first to be done. Before anyone gets too excited, realize that they still have Admirals Clubs in places like BNA and RDU.

Quoting dlramp4life (Reply 120):
All of this because of a lounge remodel?

cathay747

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 123):
Do any of you feel like you're reading too much into this? All of the lounges will eventually be remodeled; PHX isn't special in this regard except for the fact that they're one of the first to be done. Before anyone gets too excited, realize that they still have Admirals Clubs in places like BNA and RDU.

Not at all...we're just having a little fun poking at all the
armchair CEO's who have been going on & on in other
threads about how PHX is going to go the way of MEM,
CLE, CVG etc...so the irony of PHX being one of the
first stations to have clubs remodeled just hit us all.

That's all this is. And we're not shoving anything in
anyone's face "dlramp4life", just having some sarcastic
and ironic humor.

cathay747

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:11 pm

OK now here's a speculative item...given that QR has
been adding new routes to oneworld hubs here in the
U.S., i.e. DFW/MIA/PHL...what do you all think of the
possibility that they might one day add a DOH-PHX
route?

Isn't there a somewhat sizable Indian community here
in the Valley? Would give another choice with an arguably
easier/faster connection at DOH vs. BA @ LHR, or even
worse, using EK via DFW with a double connection....I saw
a guy @ PHX bag claim last year with EK tags...he'd come
on my same flight from DFW, connecting from the EK flight
I saw land just ahead of my inbound to DFW...OUCH!

Thoughts?

dlramp4life

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:23 pm

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 124):
That's all this is. And we're not shoving anything in
anyone's face "dlramp4life", just having some sarcastic
and ironic humor.

I totally understand. I do like to poke fun myself in some threads, so no disrespect.

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 125):
in the Valley?

I don't believe so. If there is, there is not enough to support a flight if that is what your asking? I mean if you are flying EK there are opitions like DFW, IAH, SEA, LAX, JFK, and MIA I believe.

atcsundevil

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:31 pm

Quoting wn676 (Reply 123):

Sorry guys, but I have to be the douche that goes there...PIT still has a US Airways Club turned Admirals Club. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying PHX will become PIT -- I just think people are reading too much into this. PHX is likely coming first because the Admirals Clubs at LAA hubs are in better condition than former US Airways Clubs at LUS hubs (PHX in particular because it's always been the red headed stepchild), therefore not necessitating a more immediate fix elsewhere.

It's nice that they're throwing PHX a bone in having this be the test pilot for the new lounge design, but it hardly means that PHX has taken on some new level of importance in comparison to other hubs, nor does it mean that an eventual contraction won't potentially still happen. I was never one of the people who said the new airline would pick up and leave; I am still of the opinion that some consolidation/contraction in the neighborhood of 10% or less will occur within the coming years, but that isn't relevant to this discussion. My point is: not trying to rain on anybody's party, but this doesn't mean much in the overall scheme of things and requires some perspective. It's awesome to see PHX finally get some love, but I wouldn't get too excited until the new AA makes a genuine commitment to PHX. By genuine commitment, I mean a commitment in the form of long haul international flights and consistent upgauging to widebodied aircraft domestically. To me, those things are what defines a true hub for an international airline. Until then, PHX will always play second fiddle in the AA network.

cathay747

Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Quoting dlramp4life (Reply 126):
I totally understand. I do like to poke fun myself in some threads, so no disrespect.

No worries, just wanted to make sure everyone understood
what was going on since it sounded like it may have touched
a nerve. Forget about it.

Quoting dlramp4life (Reply 126):

I don't believe so. If there is, there is not enough to support a flight if that is what your asking? I mean if you are flying EK there are opitions like DFW, IAH, SEA, LAX, JFK, and MIA I believe.

I've seen and know of quite a few Indian immigrants and/or expats
Valley, quite a few with my employer in fact...but maybe not a very
large community, so you may be right. I myself would be dubious of
the viability of QR flying here, but thought I'd throw it out for discussion.
Would be quite the coup for PHX if it happened (like a non-stop to
Asia, but I have great doubts of that ever happening either).

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 127):
Sorry guys, but I have to be the douche that goes there...PIT still has a US Airways Club turned Admirals Club. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying PHX will become PIT -- I just think people are reading too much into this. PHX is likely coming first because the Admirals Clubs at LAA hubs are in better condition than former US Airways Clubs at LUS hubs (PHX in particular because it's always been the red headed stepchild), therefore not necessitating a more immediate fix elsewhere.

It's nice that they're throwing PHX a bone in having this be the test pilot for the new lounge design, but it hardly means that PHX has taken on some new level of importance in comparison to other hubs, nor does it mean that an eventual contraction won't potentially still happen. I was never one of the people who said the new airline would pick up and leave; I am still of the opinion that some consolidation/contraction in the neighborhood of 10% or less will occur within the coming years, but that isn't relevant to this discussion. My point is: not trying to rain on anybody's party, but this doesn't mean much in the overall scheme of things and requires some perspective. It's awesome to see PHX finally get some love, but I wouldn't get too excited until the new AA makes a genuine commitment to PHX. By genuine commitment, I mean a commitment in the form of long haul international flights and consistent upgauging to widebodied aircraft domestically. To me, those things are what defines a true hub for an international airline. Until then, PHX will always play second fiddle in the AA network.

All very well said. I actually agree with you 100%. And you're not being
a douche. Although I'm thinking that any right-sizing would be less than
10% but that's my 2 cents (or 5%).

Oh and last summer when in the US club here @ PHX (don't remember
which one) when returning to DCA for the final time b4 moving here (yay!!)
I actually thought that while somewhat small, it was rather nicely done.
Of course, compared to the Admirals Club @ DFW...well...no comparison
obviously LOL!

atcsundevil

Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 128):

That was exactly my point -- Admirals Clubs (the original ones) have always been in better condition and have been more highly regarded than US Airways Clubs. I haven't been to the club in PHL and it's been a long time since I've been to the one in CLT, but given the airline's relative focus on those cities as int'l hubs, I have to imagine they've had more attention than PHX. Of all the hubs, starting with PHX is probably the most logical starting point. There are a large number of premium flyers here requiring attention, but decreased passenger counts here over the summer make a renovation easier to accomplish compared to other hubs. So all things considered, a good choice by AA. It's good to see they're getting on top of this early in the merger process (in comparison to when UA and DL got started) to appease their premium passengers and providing a modern, consistent, competitive product.

Thanks for saying I'm not a douche, but I assure you, I still have time to change your mind   

cathay747

Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:52 pm

Quoting atcsundevil (Reply 129):

That was exactly my point -- Admirals Clubs (the original ones) have always been in better condition and have been more highly regarded than US Airways Clubs. I haven't been to the club in PHL and it's been a long time since I've been to the one in CLT, but given the airline's relative focus on those cities as int'l hubs, I have to imagine they've had more attention than PHX. Of all the hubs, starting with PHX is probably the most logical starting point. There are a large number of premium flyers here requiring attention, but decreased passenger counts here over the summer make a renovation easier to accomplish compared to other hubs. So all things considered, a good choice by AA. It's good to see they're getting on top of this early in the merger process (in comparison to when UA and DL got started) to appease their premium passengers and providing a modern, consistent, competitive product.

Thanks for saying I'm not a douche, but I assure you, I still have time to change your mind

Again, well said, and I agree. I never thought about the timing, as you mentioned
with lower summer traffic here, it IS a good time to do it. Well thought, indeed.

As for the last...take your time. LOL   

KRIC777

Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:08 am

I don't have much of a dog in this fight, insofar as that, while I now live here (despite my username), I'll reserve my opinions until after the AA/US merger is fully consummated. I've resigned myself to the fact that PHX WILL be drawn down --to an extent-- as an AA hub, but hopefully not to the extent of say, what DL has done to CVG, because there is a legitimate level of O&D traffic here, at least in the winter. But as a weekly business flyer to multiple West Coast destinations, I would hate to see it turn into PIT, where I would have to get a connecting flight to get to secondary West Coast destinations like SMF, OAK, BUR, SNA or SAN. I guess WN's strong presence here is somewhat of a fallback against that, but it's always nice to have options, no?

On another note, has anybody else locally been following the s-storm from NIMBYS about new FAA approved departure routes that apparently go over central PHX on northerly departures and cause a lot of excess noise. I haven't kept a close pulse on the story, but it's apparently caused a big issue with folks that live under these departures...maybe northbound PHX departures will have to do the SNA-style power take offs then cut the throttles over the beautiful people's homes to get out of The Valley  

hz747300

Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:09 am

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 125):
in the Valley? Would give another choice with an arguably
easier/faster connection at DOH vs. BA @ LHR, or even
worse, using EK via DFW with a double connection....I saw
a guy @ PHX bag claim last year with EK tags...he'd come
on my same flight from DFW, connecting from the EK flight
I saw land just ahead of my inbound to DFW...OUCH!

Hmm, but is it sizable enough to support a 15 hour each way flight? I'm not sure. Depending on where in India they are headed, via LHR should be sufficient for a one stop. If everything continues as is, you may see a DOH flight in 10 years. And if EK thinks there is money in it, they'll swoop in before QR.
Keep on truckin'...

cathay747

Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:31 pm

Quoting kric777 (Reply 131):
I don't have much of a dog in this fight, insofar as that, while I now live here (despite my username), I'll reserve my opinions until after the AA/US merger is fully consummated. I've resigned myself to the fact that PHX WILL be drawn down --to an extent-- as an AA hub, but hopefully not to the extent of say, what DL has done to CVG, because there is a legitimate level of O&D traffic here, at least in the winter. But as a weekly business flyer to multiple West Coast destinations, I would hate to see it turn into PIT, where I would have to get a connecting flight to get to secondary West Coast destinations like SMF, OAK, BUR, SNA or SAN. I guess WN's strong presence here is somewhat of a fallback against that, but it's always nice to have options, no?

On another note, has anybody else locally been following the s-storm from NIMBYS about new FAA approved departure routes that apparently go over central PHX on northerly departures and cause a lot of excess noise. I haven't kept a close pulse on the story, but it's apparently caused a big issue with folks that live under these departures...maybe northbound PHX departures will have to do the SNA-style power take offs then cut the throttles over the beautiful people's homes to get out of The Valley

I don't think you need worry about losing direct flights to the places you list.
I believe some of those are served by US/AA ONLY from the PHX hub (maybe
a few with Eagle from LAX too) but I think the general consensus on here is
that there may be a bit of right-sizing...but in my humble opinion it won't be
much...and by right-sizing I mean rationalizing more than anything...i.e. if
they have 5 daily nonstop from DFW to SNA for example, and also 5 from PHX
maybe they'll eliminate one PHX frequency. But of course that could also
go the other way. Time will tell, but it'll never turn into PIT!

As to the new RNAV flight patterns, yeah, I've heard a bit on the news,
including that the PHX mayor is considering suing the FAA about it.
But I really have to question how bad it could possibly be.

Quoting hz747300 (Reply 132):
Hmm, but is it sizable enough to support a 15 hour each way flight? I'm not sure. Depending on where in India they are headed, via LHR should be sufficient for a one stop. If everything continues as is, you may see a DOH flight in 10 years. And if EK thinks there is money in it, they'll swoop in before QR.

That's what I was thinking.

INFINITI329

Fri May 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Does anyone think UA will join the E-175 PHX- LAX fun?

Did the USAF make the 161st ARW larger? There are KC-135s everywhere. I counted 16 yesterday. Not including ones that may have been in their hangar.

treebeard787

Fri May 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Quoting infiniti329 (Reply 134):

I suppose it's possible, though pretty unlikely in my opinion. UA isn't a very big player on PHX-LAX anymore, the largest plane they use is a CR7, along with 3 CR2s, and that's up against the plethora of mainline flights offered by WN, and AA, plus the multiple flights on E-175s, and CR9s offered by DL.
Allons-y!

aztrainer

Fri May 01, 2015 6:32 pm

Quoting kric777 (Reply 131):

Welcome to the NIMBY clubs that pop up when they are effected. When I herd that there was some discussion of the SNA departure style I laughed. The planes are out over the ocean and then throttle back up. With the greater metro area, that would be 20 miles + before they could throttle up.

Did the USAF make the 161st ARW larger? There are KC-135s everywhere. I counted 16 yesterday. Not including ones that may have been in their hangar.

They often will have visitor aircraft with the 161st. Last couple of time there was another two 135's from a different base.

Quoting treebeard787 (Reply 135):
I suppose it's possible, though pretty unlikely in my opinion. UA isn't a very big player on PHX-LAX anymore, the largest plane they use is a CR7, along with 3 CR2s, and that's up against the plethora of mainline flights offered by WN, and AA, plus the multiple flights on E-175s, and CR9s offered by DL.

I agree with you. I don't see UA getting into the WN and AA fight for flights between LAX and PHX.

dlramp4life

Mon May 04, 2015 3:51 am

the multiple flights on E-175s, and CR9s offered by DL.

These have also been 738s and 739s on that route. With 717s coming to PHX in September for SEA service I would not be surprised if a 717 also pops on up on a LAX flight now and then.

cathay747

Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Well I scored yesterday, big time! Went out to the Airlane spotting location
yesterday to finally catch BA coming in for the first time (it was a west-flow
with BA due to land on 26), with an out-of-town buddy from SFO who'd never
been there either and...BA wound up doing a go-around right in front of us!
He was too high...in fact several flights ahead of him were landing a bit
long. Talk about lucking out!

I've obviously seen vids of 747s doing go-arounds, but never seen one
in person, and that close. Engine noise was disappointing though, sure
didn't sound like TOGA power to me.  

Anybody have any idea how often the BA flight does go-arounds here?

Osubuckeyes

Mon May 04, 2015 2:28 pm

Quoting Aztrainer (Reply 136):
I agree with you. I don't see UA getting into the WN and AA fight for flights between LAX and PHX.

Agreed they have always been more of a peripheral player on this route with mostly CR2s to service their Pacific connections.

PHX787

Thu May 07, 2015 5:00 am

Quoting cageyjames (Reply 107):
I can confirm. I'm on flight 5912 (PHX-LAX) on Sept 28th and I just got an email saying that it was changed from a CRJ-900 to a E175.

Interesting. Im none too smart when it comes to ERJs; how much of a capacity increase is this?

Quoting cathay747 (Reply 115):

It's the best time of the year for me   

Is DL doing the same thing?
Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/phx787

chrisair

Thu May 07, 2015 8:29 am

Quoting PHX787 (Reply 140):

There are a couple Compass E175s running LAX-PHX for Delta. Supposedly all the LAX-PHX flights were supposed to switch to Compass a few months ago but I'm still seeing Skywest CR9s over there.

The E175 is a real nice plane.

cageyjames

Thu May 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Interesting. Im none too smart when it comes to ERJs; how much of a capacity increase is this?

They are basically the same number of seats. The big difference is that the E175s have MCE where the CRJ900s don't. If it didn't have MCE, the E175s would have 4-8 more seats than the CRJ900. First class seats are the same.

Personally I enjoy the E-series jets over the CRJs but not enough to go out of my way not to fly a CRJ900.

dlramp4life

Fri May 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Quoting chrisair (Reply 141):
There are a couple Compass E175s running LAX-PHX for Delta. Supposedly all the LAX-PHX flights were supposed to switch to Compass a few months ago but I'm still seeing Skywest CR9s over there.

They are moving around between LAX and SEA flights.

Quoting chrisair (Reply 141):
The E175 is a real nice plane.

As a passenger yes, but those cargo pits are not ramper friendly.

This:

Quoting dlramp4life (Reply 137):
the multiple flights on E-175s, and CR9s offered by DL.

INFINITI329

Fri May 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Quoting cageyjames (Reply 142):
MCE

MCE??

wn676

Fri May 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Quoting infiniti329 (Reply 144):

MCE

MCE??

Main Cabin Extra

chrisair

Fri May 08, 2015 5:40 pm

The big difference is that the E175s have MCE where the CRJ900s don't.

The CR7s and CR9s have a few rows of MCE or whatever Delta calls it now. If my memory is correct, it's the first two or three rows of economy.

cageyjames

Fri May 08, 2015 8:00 pm

Quoting chrisair (Reply 146):
The CR7s and CR9s have a few rows of MCE or whatever Delta calls it now. If my memory is correct, it's the first two or three rows of economy.

I should have clarified that I was talking about the pmUS CR9s.

aztrainer

Wed May 13, 2015 2:31 pm

The numbers for March are in and Sky Harbor has 4,250,000 passengers for the month. This is an increase of 25,000 more passengers than last March.

in the NIMBY the FAA has proposed a two year study on noise caused by aircraft. This study is going to be conducted in about 20 locations throughout the nation. People that are upset with the new air routes state that this is nothing more than a stalling tactic by the FAA.

http://www.12news.com/story/news/loc...ail-flight-path-solution/27219995/

austwin

Wed May 13, 2015 3:41 pm

The video says the new study has nothing to do with PHX's new situation.

I have sympathy for the people affected by the new routes which in effect moved the airport into their neighborhoods. Also, I was under the impression that Sky Harbor's location has affected building heights in downtown Phoenix for years, so the new departure routes seem odd to me.

On the other hand, for as much coverage as this has had I still have no idea how intrusive the noise actually is. I understand the frequency of the noise would make an impact, but do conversations have to stop because of it? Does it block out dialog on a TV program you are watching or music you may be listening to?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos