Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

skipness1E

RE: BA And The 787-8

Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Except the B77W serves NRT with HND remaining a B772......

SANFan

Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:33 pm

Quoting caleb1 (Reply 24):
I am still surprised that the 787 does not serve SAN. I think that the 777 is too much aircraft for the route, but I am obviously wrong.

I would be curious to know why you think the T7 is "too much a/c" for SAN-LHR? Based on ?

I assume that your thinking is NOT based on LF figures for the route which have averaged about 86% since the route began in 2011. (And last summer, Mar-Sep 2014, SAN-LHR averaged a shade under 90% full...)

bb

B747-4U3

Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:42 am

Quoting TedToToe (Reply 47):
Quoting skipness1E (Reply 50):

Not that it's scientific, I've always found the Narita flight to be the consistently busier one.
Every time I've flown to Narita I've found it consistently 75-80% full in Club.

Whenever I've taken the Haneda flight it has oscillated between 20% and 90% in Club. Some of the emptiest flights I've ever taken have been the Haneda ones.

I would think that to send the 77W to Haneda the flight would need to be retimed to be later. The flight times are great for the local market - which is probably what the flight is aimed at - but not so good for connections.

The early departure from London limits connections at that end and the early departure from Haneda cuts connections at that end. I would also say that although limited in terms of destinations, connections at Narita are easier due to it all being same terminal (T2).