Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ODwyerPW

RE: RUMOR: Debut Of New WN Seats Tomorrow 04/14

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:23 am

Folks,
I have a giant Nokia 1520 w/ 6" 1920x1080 screen and a set of USB headsets. I can easily make it several flights on the charge.

I'm glad WN isn't adding powerports. Make yourself responsable for keeping your devices powered.

I'm sure customers complain about lack of powerports.. who cares.. the current generation is the most entitled and spoiled rotten generation to live on this earth.
learning never stops.

airplaneboy

Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:47 am

WN provides charging outlets in many of their gate areas, and was one of the first airlines to do so beginning several years back. In that regard, they haven't totally neglected customers.

INFINITI329

Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:12 am

It sucks for customers who just get off a transcon and have to rush to their connecting flight (due to no fault of their own) which could be another 2hrs in the air. Those customers won't have the time necessary to juice their items.

tortugamon

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:03 am

Quoting infiniti329 (Reply 52):
It sucks for customers who just get off a transcon and have to rush to their connecting flight (due to no fault of their own) which could be another 2hrs in the air. Those customers won't have the time necessary to juice their items.

Honestly how many of these transcontinental passengers are on WN? WN's average flight is 860 miles. They do many more short flights than long ones.

tortugamon

BD338

Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:32 am

Seat looks OK, as long as they keep the pitch (oh for the days of pre-evolve!). I think it should be impossible to make the seat cushion more uncomfortable than the current one   But another boring plain blue seat, the interior just looks a bit cold and uninviting, come on Southwest give us a little of the color and flair you once were, or are you know just a legacy without the change fee?

frostyj

Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:57 am

This is so pointless. Did they not just update their seats?

The seats look ugly to me ad very uncomfortable. Its realy time regulation is made on the legroom.
[url=http://m.maploco.com/details/5f34zxvq][img]http://www.maploco.com/vmap/s/8395334.png[/img][/url]

Tugger

Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:35 pm

Quoting ODwyerPW (Reply 50):
Folks,
I have a giant Nokia 1520 w/ 6" 1920x1080 screen and a set of USB headsets. I can easily make it several flights on the charge.

I'm glad WN isn't adding powerports. Make yourself responsable for keeping your devices powered.

I'm sure customers complain about lack of powerports.. who cares.. the current generation is the most entitled and spoiled rotten generation to live on this earth.

Hmmm.... kind of extreme to take this small discussion on seats and stretch to generational excesses and personal failures/responsibility. Don't you think?

Quoting tortugamon (Reply 53):
Honestly how many of these transcontinental passengers are on WN? WN's average flight is 860 miles. They do many more short flights than long ones.

My flights tend to be transcon. And to get the best pricing for my family we traveled SAN to MCO via BWI... that's a lot of time in the air. Not saying everyone does this or that my example should be the rule by which all decisions are made but I don't think the average stage length is a good choice either as many people are connecting to get to where they want to go.

Quoting BD338 (Reply 54):
another boring plain blue seat, the interior just looks a bit cold and uninviting, come on Southwest give us a little of the color and flair you once were, or are you know just a legacy without the change fee?

Flair often costs money, and so do power ports (as well as the above mentioned maintenance element) so I would guess WN wants to avoid the extras when possible.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

WNCrew

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:23 am

I've sat in the seats and they're comfortable, roomier and attractive. I much preferred them to what we've got now and as for legroom, there's NO difference. In fact, it seemed as if there was more legroom because I had my colleague crawl over me into the middle seat replicating someone returning form the lav and it was quite easy. Granted we both have core-strength so standing up from our seat was easy and we weren't holding onto the seat-backs for dear life as if we were about to fall off the top balcony of Trump Tower, but...I digress.

I like what I saw and experienced and look forward to the new seats and whatever new changes are coming to the cabins!
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

ODwyerPW

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Quoting Tugger (Reply 56):
Hmmm.... kind of extreme to take this small discussion on seats and stretch to generational excesses and personal failures/responsibility. Don't you think?

Yeah, it was a reach. Sorry, just flew the other day, with many people completely ignoring the flight attendants instructions and fiddling with their personal electronics. Too fresh in my mind and I went with it.

But I do stand by no powerports. Cords are just one more thing to trip over in an evac situation. And yes, everyone will plug in the second their pompy hits the seat.
learning never stops.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos