Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tomascubero
Topic Author

Westjet Dispatchers/Tracking The Disney Plane

Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:21 am

Hey A.netters,

I've set myself to go after C-GWSZ "Mickey Mouse" for a few months now. I live in SJO and WJA only flies to Liberia (LIR) 2x weekley with B738 equipment. It's been here 4 times already in 2015 and I belive once in 2014. The drive from SJO to LIR is just under four hours which only gives me a tight window to get there when I find out its coming as I can only see if its coming that early morning through the registration on Flightaware as it shows it just a while before. Maybe someone on the forum works at Westjet and can help me track or see the programming for C-GWSZ in advance to see if I can nail her at LIR. If I can get a day before the heads up I can sure make it over there and coordinate ramp access to really get some nice shots.

I'd also like to know some more about the plane. I know it was unveiled in December 2013 through a partnership with Disney. I do hope it stays for a while longer. It was here yesterday but I was unable to get there in time. I read somewhere it will fly 400,000 passengers in 5 years so I guess it will be around for a few more years.

If anyone can help me with the quest to spot C-GWSZ I'd really appreciate it! I can send a set of HQ photos when I get her as a sign of appreciation.

Thanks and regards from SJO,
Tomas - SJO Spotter.

Thenoflyzone

RE: Westjet Dispatchers/Tracking The Disney Plane

Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:04 am

Quoting tomascubero (Thread starter):
I can only see if its coming that early morning through the registration on Flightaware

since when does flightaware give aircraft registration? never knew that.

One program that does give aircraft registration is flightradar24. Try to get on flightradar and search for WJA2742 or C-GWSZ early in the morning as the plane is about to leave YYZ, and the aircraft registration should already be on the flight number of that day.

That should give you plenty of time to get your ass to LIR !

Plus, track C-GWSZ regularly. If, for example, the plane is not on its way to YYZ a few hours before the flight to LIR, then you know you dont need to waste your time the following morning.

Thenoflyzone

[Edited 2015-04-14 04:11:53]
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

MesaFlyGuy

Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:55 am

Quoting thenoflyzone (Reply 1):

You can track the registration via flightaware too. It doesn't work with every plane (WN comes to mind with most of theie fleet) however I believe it does work with WestJet.  
The views I express are my own and do not reflect the views and opinions of my company.

cabochris

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:04 am

post your query in the westjet forum on avcanada.ca. You may find some help. Ask for a heads up email, you never know.

tomascubero
Topic Author

Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:17 am

Quoting thenoflyzone (Reply 1):

It doesn't show it but if you input the registration it will, only for some airlines though. Thanks for the tips though I have already been doing that... Looking for an inside source which can get me the scheduling further in advance than just a few minutes before it leaves. Need this to be able to coordinate ramp access at LIR the day before.

Quoting MesaFlyGuy (Reply 2):

Yes! WN is no good with this method and we just started getting them in SJO so tracking the special schemes can be done by using FR24 when an MLAT is picked up with the flight number, works everyday!

Quoting cabochris (Reply 3):

Those are good places to start, I was hoping someone on this forum worked at Westjet but at avcanada.ca there must be lots of them.

Thanks for the help guys,
Tomas - SJO Spotter

YYZatcboy

Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:11 am

Hi Tomas shoot me a PM.
DH1/3/4 MD11/88 L1011 A319/20/21/30/50/80 717 727 735/6/7/8/9 744 762/3 77E/W 788/789 E40/75/90 CRJ/700/705 CC150
J/S DH8D 736/7/8 763

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos