Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BN727227Ultra
Topic Author

AA In OMA

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:23 pm

I just noticed that one of the OMA-DFW flights is being flown by a Mesa CR9. I had a suspicion that the MadDogs would be replaced not by Airbii but RJs.  

Also, I drove by Eppley last month well after 'curfew' and AA had two MadDogs RON-ing.

iowaman

RE: AA In OMA

Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:23 pm

Quoting BN727227Ultra (Thread starter):
just noticed that one of the OMA-DFW flights is being flown by a Mesa CR9. I had a suspicion that the MadDogs would be replaced not by Airbii but RJs.

At least the CRJ-900 isn't too bad of an aircraft for passenger comfort.

Looking at schedules next month it appears OMA-DFW is 5x MD80, although this summer there are a couple CR9's mixed in at times.

Quoting BN727227Ultra (Thread starter):
Also, I drove by Eppley last month well after 'curfew' and AA had two MadDogs RON-ing.

Not sure what you mean by "curfew". OMA does have preferential runway use during light winds for noise abatement procedures but not a hard curfew such as places like SNA.

jetmatt777

Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:26 pm

Quoting iowaman (Reply 1):
Not sure what you mean by "curfew". OMA does have preferential runway use during light winds for noise abatement procedures but not a hard curfew such as places like SNA.

And even if they did that doesn't stop airplanes from being parked overnight. It's not like the curfew means airplanes can't be at the airport at all.

BN727227Ultra
Topic Author

Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Quoting iowaman (Reply 1):

I was being a smartazz   What I meant was that it was long past time for the last flights of the day to arrive, let alone depart. I am aware that UPS and FedEX can arrive and depart at oh-dark-thirty, but usually pax flights call it quits about 2315-ish.

UltimateDelta

Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:52 pm

If I remember right, this may be one of the first times there's been anything other than an MD-80 on OMA-DFW for about 15 years...the late '90s were fun when it was a mix of 80s and F100s, with an odd 727 every now and then.  
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010