jfk777
Topic Author

Virgin And Delta In Miami

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:30 am

Why does Virgin Atlantic still use terrible concourse F long after having a JV with Delta when DL has a great SkyClub and AF and Alitalia use concourse G with Delta ? Virign should be at G.

Miami

RE: Virgin And Delta In Miami

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:38 am

Quoting jfk777 (Thread starter):
Virign should be at G.

G can't even handle international arrivals.

Besides, there's rumors they'll move to H.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

jfk777
Topic Author

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:43 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 1):
Quoting jfk777 (Thread starter): Virign should be at G.
G can't even handle international arrivals.

Besides, there's rumors they'll move to H.

I meant H not G, G is a ghost town these days save a few United flights and a parked LAN 767 or two.

Miami

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:59 am

Quoting jfk777 (Reply 2):
I meant H

Eventually they will.
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

questions

Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:46 am

Quoting jfk777 (Thread starter):
... DL has a great SkyClub...

Wow! You don't hear that often. I have heard that the MIA Sky Club can be packed before AF and AZ departures.

MAH4546

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:17 am

No room for Virgin. The terminal is packed. Everybody wants to be in H/J.

Maybe when the E rennovations wrap up, LAN/TAM can move there and free up a ton of space.

[Edited 2015-04-22 19:18:04]
a.

flymia

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:34 am

When? 3-9pm H and J are packed. I agree it would be nice to get VS and Transaero into H/J as F is really embarrassing as an international gateway terminal but there is just not the gate space at the times they need it. That's MIA's rush hour.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

gabrielchew

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:48 am

IB recently moved from E to F. I guess D and E were just too busy, and F had space. When I flew through F the other day, it also seemed pretty busy (and really very horrible).
http://my.flightmemory.com/shefgab Upcoming flights: AMS-RIX-BUD-VDA,ETH-TLV-FCO-LHR,STN-TXL-LCY,LTN-CPH-LTN,LGW-SZG,MUC-LHR

Miami

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:20 am

Quoting gabrielchew (Reply 7):

Yes. But, actually, they moved because they were having issues with AA taking their gate.

Miami

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:24 am

I agree that the central terminal is an embarrassment.

I cannot wait until they start building the new terminal.

And if some are unaware. OneWorld members are in the North Terminal, no alliance are in Terminal F. Skyteam members are in H, and Star Alliance members are in J.

Some are sometimes mixed up but that's how it is.

OB1504

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Quoting Miami (Reply 9):
I agree that the central terminal is an embarrassment.

At the very least they're installing terrazzo floor and brighter lighting in Low E. The terminal still needs to be rebuilt entirely, but it does make a difference.

Quoting Miami (Reply 9):
And if some are unaware. OneWorld members are in the North Terminal, no alliance are in Terminal F. Skyteam members are in H, and Star Alliance members are in J.

Non-aligned carriers are generally second and third-tier airlines and they're relegated to the dump that is F.

dfwjim1

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Quoting gabrielchew (Reply 7):

I have never been in Terminal F so I am curious as to why this terminal gets such a bad rap.

N62NA

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 11):
I have never been in Terminal F so I am curious as to why this terminal gets such a bad rap.

I believe the only time I was in F was when I was a kid and we boarded a National Airlines DC-10 to EWR. This was back in the mid 70s.

From the way people here are describing F, it sounds how the old Terminal C was just before they closed it a few years ago.

SKY1

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:55 pm

Quoting Miami (Reply 8):
they moved because they were having issues with AA taking their gate.

What type of issues?

By the way, DL codeshares on the UX metal ...what concourse does UX use at MIA?
Time flies! Enjoy life!

mugler

Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:43 am

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 13):
What type of issues?

By the way, DL codeshares on the UX metal ...what concourse does UX use at MIA?

AA always had the IB gate occupied. UX uses concourse F lol

Miami

Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:49 am

Quoting SKY1 (Reply 13):
What type of issues?
Quoting mugler (Reply 14):
AA always had the IB gate occupied.

Quoting mugler (Reply 14):
UX uses concourse F

They were at H before.

miaintl

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:44 am

Where will OS be parked? Concourse J?

mugler

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:57 am

Quoting Miami (Reply 15):
They were at H before.

They tend to change no? I've seen AZ and TP in F before too

Quoting miaintl (Reply 16):

Where will OS be parked? Concourse J?

omg you asked this like 2 times on the South FL thread, most likely J but F might be an option too.

Miami

Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:03 am

Quoting mugler (Reply 17):
They tend to change no? I've seen AZ and TP in F before too

Well, yes. It all depends on one's schedule. MIA has insane traffic and there's not enough room.

flymia

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:16 am

Quoting dfwjim1 (Reply 11):
Quoting N62NA (Reply 12):
From the way people here are describing F, it sounds how the old Terminal C was just before they closed it a few years ago.

Not as bad as the old C and B concourses. Its a bit more modern, it was a decent terminal in the 80s early 90s. Last time I flew out of it was in 2001 on UA a 767 MIA-JFK-MIA when they had the small UA hub out of F. It has not changed since the last time they redid it. It has a horrible lounge, very few food and shop choices. It is similar to E but at least E is connected to D.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

slinky09

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:36 am

Quoting flymia (Reply 19):
Not as bad as the old C and B concourses. Its a bit more modern, it was a decent terminal in the 80s early 90s. Last time I flew out of it was in 2001 on UA a 767 MIA-JFK-MIA when they had the small UA hub out of F. It has not changed since the last time they redid it. It has a horrible lounge, very few food and shop choices. It is similar to E but at least E is connected to D.

Plus cramped security with a poor layout, a grim design a bit like a 1970s underpass, and an atmosphere like a morgue. Best to stay outside until you have to go through, even if you have lounge access (which itself is a bit like a bus station in 1975).

I know bits of MIA are acceptable, but together with the immigration and security lines, the whole airport is on my avoid list - much better to fly into FLA if within the US.

dfwjim1

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Quoting flymia (Reply 19):

Come to think of it I passed through Terminal F back in 1999 when I flew from SFO to MIA to GRU and back on United. I
remember it was kind of old and dated but it was not a big deal to me. That was my first time I flew thru MIA though and I did
not have anything else to compare it to.

I moved to Fort Lauderdale in 2013 and now I use MIA on a regular basis and personally I like the airport as it is just the right
size, has flights to many destinations, has many decent eating establishments both outside and inside security and I have been
treated well by TSA, CBP and FIS personnel. I know MIA has issues but what major international airport does not?

MAH4546

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:59 pm

Quoting slinky09 (Reply 20):
I know bits of MIA are acceptable, but together with the immigration and security lines, the whole airport is on my avoid list - much better to fly into FLA if within the US.

The majority of MIA is brand new, modern and airy, outside the central terminal. FLL is a crowded dump, right there with LaGuardia or LAX T3, IMO.
a.

xdlx

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:41 pm

This issue exist since the word "codeshare" was created by the marketing Departments.

I worked that DL/VS codeshare when DL was in old H concourse and VS was in old B concourse! Circa mid 90's
No one from Marketing or Sales ever understood why the clients complained! In the best of scenarios the transfer was a nightmare...

flymia

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:56 am

Quoting slinky09 (Reply 20):
I know bits of MIA are acceptable,

BIts? Its the other way around. Bits of MIA are unacceptable, the vast majority of it is a modern new airport.

jfk777
Topic Author

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Quoting xdlx (Reply 23):
I worked that DL/VS codeshare when DL was in old H concourse and VS was in old B concourse! Circa mid 90's
No one from Marketing or Sales ever understood why the clients complained! In the best of scenarios the transfer was a nightmare...

How much does Delta feed Virgin in Miami ? At other airports like JFK, ATL and Detroit Delta feeds many passengers to VA. The need for Delta and Virgin to be co-located in Miami is very low.

miaintl

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Virgin in MIA is pure O&D with no DL feed. I know because I just flew on VS from LHR to MIA two days ago. All the passengers (most of them British) had Miami as their final destination. BA feeds its short-haul European traffic to VS in LHR. Two days ago I flew from AMS to LHR with BA and then continued on to MIA with VS.

Byrdluvs747

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Quoting Miami (Reply 9):

Im surprised noone questioned this. There's no way OneWorld is limited to the North Terminal. According to today's departures AB, and BA are in Central-E. IB is using Central-F, and LA/JJ are in J
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

arielwar

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:43 pm

Quoting Byrdluvs747 (Reply 27):

The plan was just that, to have all of OneWorld at D, but that was before Lan expanded ops in Miami and joined forces with Tam. Also American never had plan this many flights at MIA.

flymia

Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:35 am

departures AB, and BA are in Central-E

E is connected to D, so E is considered part of the north terminal.

LA/JJ are in J

But correct IB has been in and out, and LAN and TAM just won't have enough gate space in the North and they have their lounges in J anyway.

Miami

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:16 am

Quoting flymia (Reply 29):
E is connected to D, so E is considered part of the north terminal.

No.. E is considered part of Central.

Byrdluvs747

Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:57 am

Quoting flymia (Reply 29):
E is connected to D, so E is considered part of the north terminal

Not according to any official planning documents released by MIA airport. Every study done on the Central Terminal has included E, F, and G.
The 747: The hands who designed it were guided by god.

flymia

Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Quoting Byrdluvs747 (Reply 31):
Not according to any official planning documents released by MIA airport. Every study done on the Central Terminal has included E, F, and G.
Quoting Miami (Reply 30):

Well that does make sense for the new terminal ideas. Nevertheless, from a passenger perspective while it is a walk, at least the departures from E have access to the D amenities, unlike those "trapped" in F.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos