Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

northwestEWR

RE: AS Starting BNA CHS RDU

Sun May 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Quoting PlanesNTrains (Reply 148):
I hope soon. Of course, IND was an erstwhile NW "heartland" focus city. I'd hate to see Richard Anderson go all Northwest Crazy on AS if they add it. Of course, what's left to ruffle that they haven't already ruffled?

I'm surprised DL hasn't already added IND-SEA. I would expect them to do so soon, and especially if AS does.
Northwest Airlines - Now You're Flying Smart

EA CO AS

Sun May 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 146):
what really set them back in the last 35 years or so? Russian Far East?

The Russian Far East flights were profitable until the Russian economy had a severe downturn; that, coupled with what were then-uneconomical terms in the pilot contract for flying there ultimately saw the routes pulled.

Quoting wedgetail737 (Reply 147):
At one point, I began to think that AS was bringing back some of their 737-400's back from the desert

Sort of; the planes never went to the desert to begin with; the leases were just extended beyond the original term after getting great deals from the lessors.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

northwestEWR

Sun May 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 151):
Sort of; the planes never went to the desert to begin with; the leases were just extended beyond the original term after getting great deals from the lessors.

I was under the impression that you couldn't get a 737-700 combi and I'm not sure I've ever heard of an NG to Freighter conversion so the -400C and -400F fills a niche roll for Alaska. What are their plans for the 400 going forward?
Northwest Airlines - Now You're Flying Smart

afcjets

Sun May 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Quoting thegreatRDU (Reply 149):
We finally got AS huh... I hope they use terminal 1 but most likely Terminal 2 since they have deals with Delta for skymile lounges and what not

Just curious, why do you want them to use the older terminal, isn't it all Southwest?

kotoka

Sun May 03, 2015 10:58 pm

Quoting afcjets (Reply 153):
Just curious, why do you want them to use the older terminal, isn't it all Southwest?

T1 is the newer terminal. And yes, it is all SW.

afcjets

Sun May 03, 2015 11:53 pm

Quoting kotoka (Reply 154):
T1 is the newer terminal. And yes, it is all SW

T2 is the newer terminal. T1 was recently renovated though and it occurred after the opening of T2 a few years ago.

Noise

Mon May 04, 2015 1:04 am

T1 is a recently renovated terminal whereas T2 is a brand new terminal.

EA CO AS

Mon May 04, 2015 1:58 am

Quoting northwestEWR (Reply 152):
I'm not sure I've ever heard of an NG to Freighter conversion

It's coming. The -400 combis are being replaced by three B737-700F conversions, possibly four.

And they're keeping the sole -400F for time being. The remaining -400 fleet should be retired by 2017-2018.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

thegreatRDU

Mon May 04, 2015 2:28 am

Quoting afcjets (Reply 153):

Just for diversity's sake
Our Returning Champion

ipodguy7

Mon May 04, 2015 2:33 am

Does anybody know what terminal AS will use in BNA? I would assume either B (codeshare partner Delta) or C (codeshare partner American).
AA/DL/NW/CO/UA/US/B6/AS/AC/FI/NY/EI/BD/BA/AF/AZ/DY/SK/QF/JQ/JL

MSPNWA

Mon May 04, 2015 5:24 am

Quoting RWA380 (Reply 140):
Maybe you should check your posts for obvious errors then, because what I read from you, required a long winded post. When you use words like guesses & good feelings, you are obviously not discussing the same topics the rest of us are.

The reason I use the word "guess" is because it's the truth. It's not an insult - It's a part of what economists do! Demand forecasting is not all quantitative. You can't just take the PDEW and average fare and completely determine the demand curve you will get for a route. There's a qualitative component to it. One informal method is the educated guess. When you put it all together, demand forecasting is an educated guess. And there's varying degrees of confidence (good or bad feelings) in that assumption.

So, I'm all ears. Let's hear where I'm wrong.

Cubsrule

Mon May 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Quoting ipodguy7 (Reply 159):
I would assume either B (codeshare partner Delta) or C (codeshare partner American).

Probably B for space reasons, but I don't know who will handle them.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

antoniemey

Mon May 04, 2015 4:13 pm

Quoting ipodguy7 (Reply 159):

Does anybody know what terminal AS will use in BNA? I would assume either B (codeshare partner Delta) or C (codeshare partner American).

B is likely, but A1 is an outside possibility depending on who's handling them.
Make something Idiot-proof, and the Universe will make a more inept idiot.

Cubsrule

Mon May 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Quoting antoniemey (Reply 162):
but A1 is an outside possibility depending on who's handling them.

A2 may also be a possibility. I'm not sure that F9 will by flying to Nashville by the fall.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

PMUA787

Mon May 04, 2015 5:09 pm

I Wish AS or DL would consider ELP-SEA. ELP is becoming an "air service desert" like the term "food desert" being tossed around these days. Went into the ticket counter lobby at ELP and over half the ticket counter space is empty and ther is at least 5-6 open gates there. ELP is becoming the poster child of the latest consolidation of the US airline business.

AVLAirlineFreq

Mon May 04, 2015 5:23 pm

Quoting PMUA787 (Reply 164):
I Wish AS or DL would consider ELP-SEA.

I know this is getting off topic, but why hasn't DL ever been able to make ELP-SLC work?

PMUA787

Mon May 04, 2015 9:57 pm

AVLAirlineFreq, that is a good question SLC seems to be a good connection point for going to points north and west of ELP like how the ELP-DEN flights work for UA.

Good to see AS starting SEA-RDU finally almost two years after I moved out of the Puget Sound area.

PlanesNTrains

Tue May 05, 2015 3:44 am

ELP is becoming the poster child of the latest consolidation of the US airline business.

ELP is also probably a poster child of the ending of the Wright Amendment.

-Dave
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

SANFan

Tue May 05, 2015 4:45 am

I Wish AS or DL would consider ELP-SEA. ELP is becoming an "air service desert" like the term "food desert" being tossed around these days.

Part of the reason may be that there isn't very much traffic in the market; 4Q14 shows a PDEW of less than 50. That's not exactly low-hanging fruit out of SEA and may be the reason that nobody, including AS, is serving the market.

So correct me if I'm wrong but you'd like someone to start flying between ELP to SEA because the Texas airport is empty? Probably not a real high priority reason for an airline to start serving a particular route I'm afraid.

bb

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos