Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

8b775zq

RE: Caribbean Aviation Thread 115

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 am

Quoting guyanam (Reply 49):
Given that they had the same owner, I doubt that ZQ and 8B competed. I think that when the ECCAA achieved Cat 1 the two operated interchangeably in the northern routes, with ZQ running the smaller Dash 8's.

They both ran the same routes with the difference being ZQ flew to SJU and the USVI while 8B flew to EIS and no further north. Flight times were also very similar as I noted in my above comments. Maybe it was not intentional but at some point you would think they did cannibalize each other.

Quoting vfw614 (Reply 48):
Many people aren't going to use a 10 seater, unless it is to an island 20 minutes away. I wouldn't want to see what the baggage situation will be for those connecting to international flights. This is why I am curious about how well Hummingbird is doing.

I'm also curious as to how they're doing. They seem to have added a morning flight to SKB recently but I have no idea what the loads are like though I've heard many returning national from the USVI say they will fly them again over LI. I guess the smaller aircraft is a better fit for those routes than LI's ATR service.

guyanam

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Quoting 8b775zq (Reply 50):

I was of the impression that 8B was for people headed to EIS SXM ANU and points south, whereas ZQ was for flights to the US islands, so I don't see how they could have competed with each other.

As to USVI SKB, I think that some folks are also using Seaborne.

Maybe its appropriate that carriers like Hummingbird and WM take over more of the service within the NE Caribbean, now that passenger loads are declining (even apparently to SXM). LI can then focus on connecting to the islands to the south, either direct, or via ANU. My brother went over to ANU and reported that most of the passengers in his flights (521/512) were connecting to/from BGI, so maybe there is scope for that new nonstop SKB BGI service.

Unrelated topic. You guys have to do something about the massive amounts of abandoned buildings throughout SKB, especially in places like Old Road and Sandy Point. Not only is it unpleasant for those who live nearby, but it gives SKB a ghetto appearance, which doesn't reassure the tourists, who you want to return, or at least speak well of the island to their friends. The bay front between Port Zante and Fortlands also needs major work.

SKB isn't like Jamaica and most of those who visit want to get out and about, but seeing the shabbiness (which some mistake for dire poverty) doesn't give them a pleasant experience.

8b775zq

Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Quoting guyanam (Reply 51):
I was of the impression that 8B was for people headed to EIS SXM ANU and points south, whereas ZQ was for flights to the US islands

That was the initial plan but then ZQ also flew these routes. I could've taken ZQ to SXM and EIS without having to transit SJU and vice versa.

The bay front between Port Zante and Fortlands also needs major work.

Yeah they're working on that at the moment as well as laying down proper bus stops. I'm out of the island in a few months on my way to learn/study animation along with business admin. and marketing.

My brother went over to ANU and reported that most of the passengers in his flights (521/512) were connecting to/from BGI, so maybe there is scope for that new nonstop SKB BGI service.

I'm guessing most of those pax were either heading to the US Embassy or back from there.

LimaFoxTango

Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:48 am

Quoting vfw614 (Reply 48):

Aren't there airports in the network from which the ATR72 cannot operate, but the ATR42 can?

Nope, the -72 goes everywhere LI does.

Quoting guyanam (Reply 49):
Given that they had the same owner, I doubt that ZQ and 8B competed. I think that when the ECCAA achieved Cat 1 the two operated interchangeably in the northern routes, with ZQ running the smaller Dash 8's.

They were certainly running a few duplicate flights, where both were going to the same place at the same time. While ECCAA got CAT 1, 8B never completed the process to get themselves certified before the end.
You are said to be a good pilot when your take-off's equal your landings.

guyanam

Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:41 am

Quoting 8b775zq (Reply 52):
Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 53):

Yes I think that in the end, once ECCAA got Cat 1 Stanford's other problems were beginning to manifest, so that he lost focus. He therefore didn't figure out how to reconcile these 2 carriers, given that there was no longer a need for ZQ.

Quoting 8b775zq (Reply 52):

He said that many of the passengers on the 512/521 were business people. I suspect that with SKB the financial hub of the OECS, and with BGI having some of the larger Caribbean financial service companies, plus CDB and other regional agencies, there is probably more SKB BGI travel than one might think. Some might have been continuing onto GEO. I see loads of Guyanese in SKB, and I understand that there are others on NEV.

I suggest that who ever runs Basseterre needs to understand that these days water fronts are considered tourist attractions, especially as the town has now emerged as one of the larger cruise ports in the Eastern Caribbean. People are attracted to water. The Irish town bay front needs to look more like the Charlestown bay front. In fact NEV these days looks much richer than SKB as they don't have all of the abandoned buildings.

8b775zq

Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:03 am

Quoting guyanam (Reply 54):
I suggest that who ever runs Basseterre needs to understand that these days water fronts are considered tourist attractions, especially as the town has now emerged as one of the larger cruise ports in the Eastern Caribbean. People are attracted to water. The Irish town bay front needs to look more like the Charlestown bay front. In fact NEV these days looks much richer than SKB as they don't have all of the abandoned buildings.

Nevis for the most part has their act together. Officials/Politicians here in SKB just don't get it, they're too busy bashing each other to come up with any meaningful ideas. That whole waterfront from Irish Town up to New Town adjacent to the SOL fuel depot should've been a shopping/business district but alas.... Hey I've got the ideas but I'm just a small fish.

guyanam

Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:35 pm

Quoting 8b775zq (Reply 55):

I agree with you and I have noticed that the NEV component of the alliance seem to have their act together. The SKB side have no new ideas, lack energy and praise Labor initiatives that they bashed during the election. CPL and over emphasis on cruise tourism being examples.

This is very apparent to any one who visits the 2 islands. NEV is going to pull ahead in tourism as they have a more defined product and work harder to develop a solid visitor experience. SKB seems to prefer to pack the island with cruise passengers, who don't even want to pay US$5 to rent an umbrella.

Good luck with your studies.

8b775zq

Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:08 am

Quoting guyanam (Reply 56):
Good luck with your studies.

Thanks man much appreciated.

Maybe its appropriate that carriers like Hummingbird and WM take over more of the service within the NE Caribbean, now that passenger loads are declining (even apparently to SXM). LI can then focus on connecting to the islands to the south

add to that mix Anguilla Aviation Services who run a twice daily AXA-SKB flight using the BN2 Islander and occasionally their recently acquired C402. I think they might also have a codeshare in place with WM on SXM-AXA flights.

In other news, the PM of SLU says he's been made aware of situations where his national have been mistreated by LI staff on the grounds of SLU not being invested in LI. He goes on to say that if the shareholder countries expect other islands to invest in LI there needs to be major restructuring of the airline right up to management.

txkf2010

Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:45 am

Quoting 8b775zq (Reply 57):
add to that mix Anguilla Aviation Services who run a twice daily AXA-SKB flight using the BN2 Islander and occasionally their recently acquired C402. I think they might also have a codeshare in place with WM on SXM-AXA flights.

Where are you finding these flights to/from AXA-SKB? There's nothing on the Anguilla Aviation Services website.

guyanam

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:00 am

Quoting 8b775zq (Reply 57):

LI seems to be illtreating SLU cross the board. They have sharply cut back service on the BGI SLU to only 2X daily and the flights seem to be always full even in non peak times.

8b775zq

Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:37 pm

Quoting txkf2010 (Reply 58):
Where are you finding these flights to/from AXA-SKB? There's nothing on the Anguilla Aviation Services website.

My bad I actually meant Trans Anguilla Airways. I watch these flights land and takeoff each day and sometimes routed via EUX in which that flightpath normally takes them over my home.

guyanam

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:24 pm

Quoting 8b775zq (Reply 60):

Now that LI seems to have dropped AXA I guess they will need this service to connect to BA over SKB. Now that there probably is no direct service to ANU. If true that is good for SKB as it gives BA better loads, reducing what ever service guarantees that potentially need to be paid.

Yes I did see a number of "mystery" flights into SKB, I guess one of these is Trans Anguilla. The other being Hummingbird. I think that BVI airline seems to fly ocassionally into SKB as well.

8b775zq

Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Quoting guyanam (Reply 61):
Now that LI seems to have dropped AXA

Looking at their webpage it doesn't seem they have dropped AXA but fly only on select days.

guyanam

Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:57 am

Quoting 8b775zq (Reply 62):

Apparently they just added AXA. If you check their summer schedule on the website AXA isn't there. I guess they demanded and got the sort of subsidy that they demanded but didn't get from NEV.

This flight isn't on Expedia, which further convinces me that it was just added

A388

Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:41 pm

AA to start nonstop flights from Charlotte to Curacao:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article27121138.html

Great news. Slowly we are seeing more U.S. based airlines flying to Curacao. It's about time that people start to notice Curacao!!!

A388

aa1818

Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi all,

I heard from a friend that LI had dropped a few SLU flights- I see mention of the BGI flights above- were there any other cuts?

Over the past month, on my flights out of POS, I've seen a Perla DC9?/ MD8X? parked up on the Westernmost ramp of the North terminal. I believe it has a "YV-" registration which I think is Venezuela. Why is this aircraft there? There are engine covers on its engines suggesting it is stored for some extended period (right there on the busy ramp).

[Edit] Also some interest adds from the OAG thread-
AA LAX-MBJ DEC 0>0.1 JAN 0>0.3 FEB 0>0.3 MAR 0>0.2 Are there any other Caribbean/ Central American routes that could sustain LAX service? Good to see AA being bullish on this region again.
AA JFK-CCS DEC 0>0.4 JAN 0>0.7 FEB 0>0.8 MAR 0>0.7 They couldn't let BW/ B6 get all that market! hehe
UA ORD-UVF JAN 0>0.2 FEB 0>0.1 MAR 0>0.1 Nice add for UVF- has this route been operated in the past by either UA or AA?
US CLT-CUR JAN 0>0.2 FEB 0>0.1 MAR 0>0.1 Any other CLT or PHL routes that we might see in the new future?

Cheers,
AA1818

[Edited 2015-07-13 11:49:55]
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

LimaFoxTango

Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 65):
I heard from a friend that LI had dropped a few SLU flights- I see mention of the BGI flights above- were there any other cuts?

LI has not cut any flights to SLU.

aa1818

Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:28 pm

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 66):
LI has not cut any flights to SLU.

Understood...

So is this not true?...

Quoting guyanam (Reply 59):
LI seems to be illtreating SLU cross the board. They have sharply cut back service on the BGI SLU to only 2X daily and the flights seem to be always full even in non peak times.

Cheers,
AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

yellowtail

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:04 pm

Are there any other Caribbean/ Central American routes that could sustain LAX service? Good to see AA being bullish on this region again.

Well if you count BZE as Caribbean....BZE has DL and AA on LAX....DL is Sat only, AA is Sat & Sun
As for the rest of Central America....LAX traffic is very robust....SAL I think sees 4Xdaily (AV and DL), GUA, SJO, PTY all have multiple dailies. MGA, LIR also have flights.

POS - LAX probably has the traffic to sustain a flight but that means literally flying over IAH and not far off of DFW....the market has to really robust with good yields for UA or AA to do that.....
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

MAH4546

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Quoting Yellowtail (Reply 68):
POS - LAX probably has the traffic to sustain a flight but that means literally flying over IAH and not far off of DFW....the market has to really robust with good yields for UA or AA to do that.....

Less than 3,000 people fly between Port of Spain and LA every year. In no way, shape or form does it "probably have the traffic."
a.

LimaFoxTango

Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:49 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 67):

BGI-SLU has always been 2x daily (370 and 768), while SLU-BGI is 3x daily (771, 371 and 769). Been that way for months now, probably almost a year.

The whole brouhaha is as a result of this article which has been spreading like wildfire for the past few days.

http://www.rslonline.com/index.php/n...lu-not-in-liat-new-summer-schedule

guyanam

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:13 am

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 66):
Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 70):

So here is the lunacy. LI runs BGI DOM 3x daily, because DOM must be "rewarded", while they run 2X BGI SLU. Please don't claim that LI is connecting passengers to DOM via BGI, because they aren't as the connections are poor. LI flights are either too early or too late to offer connections thru BGI for DOM.

SLU USED to provide the 3rd largest source of regional visitors into BGI, behind POS and GEO. I am sure long gone, due to the difficulties of getting seats on LI, this while BGI blocked BW from running that route.

So what are we left to conclude? LI conducts business, based not on profitability, but on attempting to punish islands which refuse to endorse wasting scarce dollars on a sloppily run company, while attempting to bribe others to join. So August will be here with only 2X BGI SLU, when 3 or 4 years ago they ran double that. But they start a 3X weekly BGI SKB, which will surely languish after the vacation season ends.

There used to be FOUR flights on the BGI SLU. TWO flights from POS (one via SVD) , TWO from ANU, and one from SXM via DOM. In fact prior to the schedule revision last year, there were 3X BGI SLU (one via SVD), and 4X SLU BGI.

There was an early morning BGI SLU, which continued onto to FDF, an early afternoon, which continued on to ANU, a late afternoon, and an evening which also continued on to ANU (they now route that flight via DOM).

Now here is further LI lunacy. They only do well into SVD as they are the only carrier into that island. IF and when their jet airport opens, and SVD bound passengers can use BA/B6/AA, then what will LI do? They would have destroyed their SLU market out of petty vindictiveness. And we know this to be true because BOTH St Lucian gov't, the current one and the previous one have complained about LI, and refused to support them until they change their attitude.

Rest assured that SKB is NOT going to put any $$$ into LI. The regional market isn't that important to their tourism industry, and there are small carriers emerging to connect that island to SXM, the VI and to PR. And SKB hasn't needed LI to connect to regional hubs for ongoing service beyond the Caribbean for quite a while now, the last such need ending when BA started direct service to that island 6 years ago.

yellowtail

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:18 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 69):
Less than 3,000 people fly between Port of Spain and LA every year. In no way, shape or form does it "probably have the traffic."

I remember this argument by you about 2 years ago about LAX-BZE...now there are two carriers flying....
At some point someone in this forum will realize PDEW is only a little part of the overall airline business case. I live these scenarios every day.

1X or 2x week POS LAX would do fine traffic wise. Yield is another story.

I did say "the market has to really robust with good yields for UA or AA to do that..... "

aa1818

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:01 pm

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 69):
Quoting Yellowtail (Reply 72):
I remember this argument by you about 2 years ago about LAX-BZE...now there are two carriers flying....At some point someone in this forum will realize PDEW is only a little part of the overall airline business case. I live these scenarios every day.1X or 2x week POS LAX would do fine traffic wise. Yield is another story.I did say "the market has to really robust with good yields for UA or AA to do that..... "

Perhaps AA would be better off running a POS-DFW.
In the past few years I've been surprised at the number of business people travelling to Dallas for product shows, conventions etc. That coupled with the possible connections to LAX and SFO might make the route viable a couple times a week.
I personally know a number of people who have become loyal UA flyers using the POS-IAH flight to connect to the West Coast, USA.
Hopefully one day POS will see destinations beyond South Florida and JFK  
Quoting guyanam (Reply 71):

Interesting. It is quite clear to methat LIAT is anti-profitability. I avoid LIAT wherever possible, though their new POS-OGL flights could be very attractive for business meetings in Georgetown, however, I'm not sure I'd ever make it on time with LI.
They really are the pits when it comes to customer service...or just customer interaction.

Cheers,
AA1818

aa1818

Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 70):
The whole brouhaha is as a result of this article which has been spreading like wildfire for the past few days.

It seems as if these may have been taken out of context. Perhaps in adding more flights to its summer schedule, St. Lucia was left out of the increases, but it hasn't been cut or eliminated from LI's routes/ schedule.

Perhaps the only valid discussion here is whether St. Lucia flights should have been increased in this new Summer schedule, or whether LIAT is trying to spite St. Lucia by not increasing flights to/ from the island.

AA1818

guyanam

Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 74):

The issue is that LI underserves the BGI SLU route, even in normal times, so one would have expected them to add service for the summer. Clearly there is malice on the part of LI towards SLU.

TWO successive governments (which spend most of their time criticizing each other) have complained about this, so it must be true. And they will be privy to conversations directed towards them by LI management.

LI didn't increase summer service, and they think they are punishing St Lucia. They are punishing themselves, as when SVD gets its airport and B6/AA/BA start service to that island, what will they do? Much of the business that they do to SVD will go away.

SLU is the largest OECS market (both as a source and as a destination) and LI has done an excellent job in alienating them. Then they will demand welfare payments from some of the most indebted nations in the world. They really need to get over themselves.

817Dreamliiner

Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Well, I finally got a second photo into the database, enjoy:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Yvan Greenaway

Life is encrypted, you are modified, Like a virus in a lullaby, Artificial till the day you die, silly programme, You're corrupted

MAH4546

Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:54 pm

Quoting Yellowtail (Reply 72):
I remember this argument by you about 2 years ago about LAX-BZE...now there are two carriers flying....
At some point someone in this forum will realize PDEW is only a little part of the overall airline business case. I live these scenarios every day.

No, please don't make things up. We never had this argument about LAXBZE. The LAXBZE market is tiny despite that what you want to believe, but it is 7x larger than LAXPOS, yields are decent, and it is very easy to stimulate.

I'll give you that we'll see LAXPOS before we ever see a joke of a route like YYCBZE, though. I think that's the ridiculous one you keep arguing will work, I forget.

Quoting AA1818 (Reply 73):
Perhaps AA would be better off running a POS-DFW.

The problem with Port of Spain is that there is virtually no tourist market to/from the United States. It's purely VFR and business ties are limited. So it is entirely based on where Trinidadians live in the U.S. (Florida and the Northeast) and where they do business (Florida, the Northeast and Houston).

AA tried DFWBGI a while back - Bridgetown is still mainly VFR but has a stronger tourist component - to little success.

[Edited 2015-07-14 14:57:53]
a.

guyanam

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:06 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 77):

BGI does have decent US leisure arrivals. Its just that its not growing (though with two new Sandals properties this might be changing),. BGI has a low profile outside of the traditional markets, TX not being one.

yellowtail

Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:34 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 77):

I'll give you that we'll see LAXPOS before we ever see a joke of a route like YYCBZE, though. I think that's the ridiculous one you keep arguing will work, I forget.

I have saved this because within 18 months, I will expect an apology ....

Inbound

Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:19 am

Over the past month, on my flights out of POS, I've seen a Perla DC9?/ MD8X? parked up on the Westernmost ramp of the North terminal. I believe it has a "YV-" registration which I think is Venezuela. Why is this aircraft there? There are engine covers on its engines suggesting it is stored for some extended period (right there on the busy ramp).

AA1818, I believe this aircraft is a donation of some sort for either the University of T&T Aviation tech course, or the CAA's aviation "summer camp."
Similar to the FedEx 727 donated a while back.
Maintain own separation with terrain!

aa1818

Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:38 pm

Quoting Inbound (Reply 80):
AA1818, I believe this aircraft is a donation of some sort for either the University of T&T Aviation tech course, or the CAA's aviation "summer camp."Similar to the FedEx 727 donated a while back.

Thanks for that!
I was wondering if it got stranded there!
Strange that they would park it up there and not over on the South Terminal Ramp.

Does UTT do teaching out of Piarco? I had heard they were due to open at Camden airfield. Might Camden be the final resting place for this aircraft?

Cheers,
AA1818

A388

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Quoting 817Dreamliiner (Reply 76):
Well, I finally got a second photo into the database, enjoy:

817Dreamliiner, my friend. How are you doing? Your VS 789 photo got a lot of frontpage attention. Congratulations on making it to the frontpage my friend!!!

A388

817Dreamliiner

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 82):

Hi A388, im doing well thanks. Yes my photo did very well   . I'm really happy to make the front page.
Life is encrypted, you are modified, Like a virus in a lullaby, Artificial till the day you die, silly programme, You're corrupted

guyanam

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:46 pm

BW is dropping GND from its JFK and YYZ routes. I guess B6 drew blood. I suspected this as I cannot imagine the JFK GND route to have been able to sustain 3 carriers. B6 is very strong in the VFR and obviously the leisure market, now that it is far away the dominant carrier from the NYC area to the Caribbean.

andrefranca

Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:39 am

Hi guys, It has been a while, just came to say hi and that both AZUL and GOL got the green flag to fly BEL-CAY and BEL-PBM, as I have flown PY myself from PBM to BEL and the flight was PACKED! maybe there's some room to GOL, but CAY.......................... tough to see it thrw, only if they connect to AF or something like that... besides that due to disputes French Guyana forces brazilians to have a visa, it was just waste of time going there when I got mine, they even didn't look at me, just wanted the euros and granted.

AZU 8714 as TUE SATBEL 08h00 CAY 10h15 – AT72 (70 pax)

AZU 8715 as TUE SAT– CAY 11h00 BEL 13h20 – AT72 (70 pax)

Hotran AZU nº 000504-000 (Internacional)

GOL

G37470 TUE 17h10BEL PBM 18h55.
G37471 PBM 20h20 BEL 22h05.
SAT G37472 BEL 14h05 PBM 15h50 returnin 2 hours later.

Source only in portuguese:

http://www.panrotas.com.br/noticia-t...o-encontro-ancoradouro_112373.html

http://www.melhoresdestinos.com.br/gol-tera-voos-suriname.html

LimaFoxTango

Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:38 am

Quoting guyanam (Reply 84):

No surprise here to be honest, but I doubt it's because of a fight from B6. I'm almost positive govt of GND is/were subsidizing both airlines on this route and thought B6 provides a better bargain. B6 offers a whole aircraft while BW spares whatever seats aren't sold from POS.

guyanam

Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 86):

BW runs daily POS JFK POS (524/525) alongside its POS GND JFK GND POS, so I very much doubt that POS was taking up seats from GND. This entailed a 1 hour stop in GND. No rational person would use that flight on a POS JFK trip when the nonstop is available.

B6 got a deal because they are a stronger brand in the US leisure market. BW decided that they werent going to lose $$ competing against them. JFK GND clearly can only support 2X outside of the peak periods, and B6 on the route provided dilution.

This might actually allow BW to simplify its flight operations around a smaller fleet, as they did plan to send back 2 738 planes.

guyanam

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:01 pm

Helping yellowtail out as he is too busy celebratiing. CM will be running 2X PTY BZE effective Dec. This will be a tremendous boost in connecting them with South America.

BZE will also have a connection to/from POS, removing the need for a US visa to fly via MIA.

yellowtail

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:08 pm

Quoting guyanam (Reply 88):
Helping yellowtail out as he is too busy celebratiing. CM will be running 2X PTY BZE effective Dec. This will be a tremendous boost in connecting them with South America.

Celebrating?....no....right here working.    But thanks!

E190 starting Dec 8.
AV has a daily E190 BZE-SAL in the "market". Will be interesting to see how they compete. Going via PTY will definitely be much easier.

aa1818

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Helping yellowtail out as he is too busy celebratiing. CM will be running 2X PTY BZE effective Dec. This will be a tremendous boost in connecting them with South America.BZE will also have a connection to/from POS, removing the need for a US visa to fly via MIA.

Is that 2x daily or 2x weekly?

I'm sure this flight will be daily before CM can blink if it's starting out at 2x weekly.

Congrats to BZE and CM.

Cheers,
AA1818

yellowtail

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Quoting aa1818 (Reply 90):
Is that 2x daily or 2x weekly?

2X weekly.

andrefranca

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:13 pm

BZE will also have a connection to/from POS, removing the need for a US visa to fly via MIA.

Yellowtail, in Brazil CM is already marketing BZE calling it the "Aquatic Planet", let's see what it will bring!

aa1818

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:46 pm

BW finally signed the agreement with EK to allow through ticketing. I assume this is more than simply an interlude agreement?

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150...iness/cal-signs-deal-with-emirates

Cheers,
AA1818

A388

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 am

Quoting aa1818 (Reply 93):
I assume this is more than simply an interlude agreement?

If you mean that EK will eventually start flights to POS, I don't think so. The agreement is exactly what it says, connecting possibilities via LGW and JFK. Nothing more. There's no added value for EK to fly to POS or the Caribbean and probably there will never be I'm afraid  

A388

PA515

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:33 am

Quoting LimaFoxTango (Reply 9):
Bahamasair selects ATR as Dash 8 replacement

Avions de Transport Régional (Toulouse Blagnac) has revealed during the ongoing Paris Airshow that Bahamasair (UP, Nassau Int'l) has ordered three ATR42-600s and two ATR72-600s.

ATR72-600 c/n 1293 is for UP. Can't tell if this is the first or second aircraft.

http://digitalairliners.com/toulouse/
LOG: Toulouse 28-29/7/15

PA515

turk223

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:53 am

Congratulations to BZE for getting CM!

Now, if we could finally get CM to BGI...

guyanam

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Quoting PA515 (Reply 95):

I hope that UP has better luck with the ATRs than BW and LI did. Those airlines experience frequent breakdowns of these planes, to the point where LI has had to bring back into service at least one of its Dash 8s as a permanent part of its schedule. BW has had to substitute its 738 (and on occasion its 763) on the TAB route for the same reason.

aa1818

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:27 pm

Quoting aa1818 (Reply 93):
BW finally signed the agreement with EK to allow through ticketing. I assume this is more than simply an interlude agreement?

I mean't interline here. Posting from my mobile phone is always problematic with autocorrect.

Quoting A388 (Reply 94):
If you mean that EK will eventually start flights to POS, I don't think so. The agreement is exactly what it says, connecting possibilities via LGW and JFK. Nothing more. There's no added value for EK to fly to POS or the Caribbean and probably there will never be I'm afraid

I most certainly did not mean that. I simply meant 'more than an interline' perhaps with BW being able to include DEL and BOM in its list of destinations, selling tickets via JFK and LGW on EK.
EK flying to POS will coincide with BW's introduction of A380 flights to TAB.

AA1818

jcwr56

Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:30 pm

Any word on UP doing 2x weekly runs to ORD?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos